What are you listening to right now?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
First, I didn't say rock music was a sin. This isn't a moral issue, it is a neurological and physiological issue that affects the mind which them can result in moral issues as the party of the mind affected is the pre-cortex frontal lobe, where moral decisions are made. If it turns to mush, your decisions are affected. Think sex, drugs, and rock and roll.
All I can say is that you don't understand what music actually is, that it has a purpose, that rock has power to alter the mind, and it doesn't matter who is playing it, what they did the day before, and what their beliefs are. It's the music itself, regardless of the lyrics, that has power to change.
Let me give you a couple of real examples.
A scientist a decade or so ago, placed speakers alongside beakers with water in the process of freezing. He played classical music until the water froze, and examined them under microscope. The water had formed into beautiful crystals like snow flakes. He then played rock music beside a fresh batch. The result was nothing but chaos... No design or order at all.
Another experiment was called out by a high school student. He had 24 nice which he trained to find their way through a maze to find cheese. The time it took initially was 20 minutes, but after a month they got the time down to 10 minutes which became the norm. He then divided them into 3 groups. As you can guess, one listened to classical, the other rock, the other remained placebo.
The classical group when going through their maze got the time down to 1 half minutes. Which means that their brain neurological path ways went to overdrive with steroids. The placebo group remained the same. The rock group however added time to their cheese exercise. 20 minutes more.
That student published the results in a local science journal, but scientists refused to believe it, and so put it to the test. They came up with the same result. I can't remember what else the student was going to do, but he said he couldn't complete his experiment... Because the rock mice began to eat each other. Seriously. True story.
The spiritual warfare is over your mind. He has devised modem music to take captive the last generation... And he's entered the church. Don't give in to him

Any recommendations with classical music? Some nice smooth violin playing would be good.

Like the mice, I could do with a boost in productivity. LOL!

And I want to put that mouse maze theory to the test and see if it works out with me as a human. :p

Reactions: Brakelite

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Any recommendations with classical music? Some nice smooth violin playing would be good.

And I want to put that mouse maze theory to the test and see if it works out with me as a human. :p
There is research that absolutely proves the impact on human minds. What I have shown here the last couple days is something I've known of for a long time, but neglected personally. However, the last couple of weeks the Lord convicted me if the music I was listening to. I've never liked so called Christian rock. I've never listened to it, being repulsed by the mixture of holy and profane. What I've been listening to recently is some old rock from my youth in the 70s. I didn't feel so bad because it didn't pretend to be Christian. But God said, no more. I listened. I went on you tube and found a seminar on the effects of rock on the mind... The history of rock and it's roots... The scientific effect summer of which I've shared here, and the absolute need for me to do an about turn and get the head right. The cost is too great and the risks eternal if I ignored the implications.
So for the last two days I've been looking for new music. Sorting through some Christian music, even ditching some tracks and keeping some from the same artist. I've got a lot of work to do to find something suitable from what I've been hearing. Today's music industry is sold out to the devil and a lot of Christian music as well. So I'm new to this.
The classical music I've been listening to is a mixture... Some I've enjoyed, some not so much. I like Vivaldi. Some of Mozart. There's a remix of Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons" by Max Richter that I enjoyed. Like you, I enjoy the violin... There's some really good quintet violin recordings of Mozart. Explore. If you find something you like, let me know. And if you're interested in watching those seminar presentations, be glad to send you a link.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There is research that absolutely proves the impact on human minds. What I have shown here the last couple days is something I've known of for a long time, but neglected personally. However, the last couple of weeks the Lord convicted me if the music I was listening to. I've never liked so called Christian rock. I've never listened to it, being repulsed by the mixture of holy and profane. What I've been listening to recently is some old rock from my youth in the 70s. I didn't feel so bad because it didn't pretend to be Christian. But God said, no more. I listened. I went on you tube and found a seminar on the effects of rock on the mind... The history of rock and it's roots... The scientific effect summer of which I've shared here, and the absolute need for me to do an about turn and get the head right. The cost is too great and the risks eternal if I ignored the implications.
So for the last two days I've been looking for new music. Sorting through some Christian music, even ditching some tracks and keeping some from the same artist. I've got a lot of work to do to find something suitable from what I've been hearing. Today's music industry is sold out to the devil and a lot of Christian music as well. So I'm new to this.
The classical music I've been listening to is a mixture... Some I've enjoyed, some not so much. I like Vivaldi. Some of Mozart. There's a remix of Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons" by Max Richter that I enjoyed. Like you, I enjoy the violin... There's some really good quintet violin recordings of Mozart. Explore. If you find something you like, let me know. And if you're interested in watching those seminar presentations, be glad to send you a link.

Vivaldi, I don't think I have heard of him before, will have to look Vivaldi's music up tomorrow and check out those quintet violin recordings of Mozart. Thank you.

Oh I will mention someone that I already knew about Taryn Harbridge, really good violinist.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First, I didn't say rock music was a sin. This isn't a moral issue, it is a neurological and physiological issue that affects the mind which them can result in moral issues as the party of the mind affected is the pre-cortex frontal lobe, where moral decisions are made. If it turns to mush, your decisions are affected. Think sex, drugs, and rock and roll.
All I can say is that you don't understand what music actually is, that it has a purpose, that rock has power to alter the mind, and it doesn't matter who is playing it, what they did the day before, and what their beliefs are. It's the music itself, regardless of the lyrics, that has power to change.
A scientist a decade or so ago, placed speakers alongside beakers with water in the process of freezing. He played classical music until the water froze, and examined them under microscope. The water had formed into beautiful crystals like snow flakes. He then played rock music beside a fresh batch. The result was nothing but chaos... No design or order at all.
Another experiment was called out by a high school student. He had 24 nice which he trained to find their way through a maze to find cheese. The time it took initially was 20 minutes, but after a month they got the time down to 10 minutes which became the norm. He then divided them into 3 groups. As you can guess, one listened to classical, the other rock, the other remained placebo.
The classical group when going through their maze got the time down to 1 half minutes. Which means that their brain neurological path ways went to overdrive with steroids. The placebo group remained the same. The rock group however added time to their cheese exercise. 20 minutes more.
That student published the results in a local science journal, but scientists refused to believe it, and so put it to the test. They came up with the same result. I can't remember what else the student was going to do, but he said he couldn't complete his experiment... Because the rock mice began to eat each other. Seriously. True story.
The spiritual warfare is over your mind. He has devised modem music to take captive the last generation... And he's entered the church. Don't give in to him

Except the mice had no choice but to listen to the rock music, it wasn’t something they enjoyed and chose to do, that they controlled and could start and stop as they wanted ,nor had they a choice on volume level, nor stop the music at night to sleep.
I hate rap, so if I was forced to listen to it all the time, especially when trying to sleep, it would adversely affect me, whereas someone who loves rap would not be very badly affected.
I like Christian rock, but can’t sleep with music on, and being forced to have it on when sleeping would keep me awake, and lack of sleep would affect mental function, such as finding a way through a maze. However though I find classical music mostly boring, I could probably learn to ignore it to be able to sleep if I was forced to hear it 24/7 as the mice were.
Thusly if those mice had rock music forced on them continuously and/or too loudly - since they had no control over volume level - just not being able to sleep, or take a break from the music, would have seriously deleterious effects upon them, including psychological effects..
I suspect that if the researcher added another group off mice to the study, and blasted polka music at them 24/7 too, that it would also show a negative affect on that group - and I suspect the water freezing research would prove polka music would also disrupt crystalline patterns in freezing water - then you could add polka to the list of satanic music.
Therefore the mice research most likely was not applicable to human health at all, and gave deceptive results and conclusions.
That’s why I facetiously remarked about the water freezing study, that the moral of the research was to avoid rock music if the water in your cells was freezing, so your corpse cells would have pretty crystalline patterns in its dead cells - meaning the results of the water freezing is not applicable to life in the real world.
Secular rock is sinful - because of lyrics and lifestyle behind it - but what Satan means for harm, God can turn into good - and the apostle Paul, who wrote that he became all things to all people, so that some could be saved, would probably not object to the Christian version of rock music.

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

PS it’s kind of contradictory to say it’s not a sin or moral issue at the beginning, then conclude it’s a spiritual issue at the end.
Besides, you’re r letting your distaste at the rock genre cloud your judgment as to it being spiritually wrong to play Christian rock, just as I could have done with my dislike of rap.
I let the Holy Spirit guide me to whether Christian rock was bad or not, after getting saved and hearing Jimmy Swaggert railing against it and conflating Christian rock with someone claiming they were a Christian prostitute or claiming it’s okay to get drunk if it’s Christian liquor - which is ludicrous reasoning, since prostitution always involves sexual sin, and getting drunk will always be a sin, as clearly stated in the Bible - whereas the Bible doesn’t say thou shalt not play loud music with a drumbeat - and I discovered that since I enjoy the Christian version of rock music, that I felt what Christians call the Holy Spirit chill, or the presence of the Holy Spirit just as strongly with Petra, even with Stryper or White Cross, as I did with a grand old hymn.
There’s as much spiritual presence in Christian rock for those who like that style of music, as there is in a hymn - as much in Soldiers Under Command by Stryper as there is in How Great Thou Art.
Yet I feel no spiritual presence in Christian rap because I so dislike that style of music - just as you dislike the rock style of music - which brings us back to the biblical principle that if you think something that’s allowable is a sin, and you do whatever that is - like eating pork when you think it’s a sin - then you HAVE committed a sin - thus in your case, avoid listening to Christian rock music.

Shalom Aleichem

Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
PS it’s kind of contradictory to say it’s not a sin or moral issue at the beginning, then conclude it’s a spiritual issue at the end.
Besides, you’re r letting your distaste at the rock genre cloud your judgment as to it being spiritually wrong to play Christian rock, just as I could have done with my dislike of rap.
I let the Holy Spirit guide me to whether Christian rock was bad or not, after getting saved and hearing Jimmy Swaggert railing against it and conflating Christian rock with someone claiming they were a Christian prostitute or claiming it’s okay to get drunk if it’s Christian liquor - which is ludicrous reasoning, since prostitution always involves sexual sin, and getting drunk will always be a sin, as clearly stated in the Bible - whereas the Bible doesn’t say thou shalt not play loud music with a drumbeat - and I discovered that since I enjoy the Christian version of rock music, that I felt what Christians call the Holy Spirit chill, or the presence of the Holy Spirit just as strongly with Petra, even with Stryper or White Cross, as I did with a grand old hymn.
There’s as much spiritual presence in Christian rock for those who like that style of music, as there is in a hymn - as much in Soldiers Under Command by Stryper as there is in How Great Thou Art.
Yet I feel no spiritual presence in Christian rap because I so dislike that style of music - just as you dislike the rock style of music - which brings us back to the biblical principle that if you think something that’s allowable is a sin, and you do whatever that is - like eating pork when you think it’s a sin - then you HAVE committed a sin - thus in your case, avoid listening to Christian rock music.

Shalom Aleichem
You may not appreciate Jimmy Swaggert , but how about Michael Card, of El Shaadai note? He said, in 1996, well before much of the contemporary heavy metal rubbish that's out there,
"Now the industry ( speaking of CCM) is celebrity driven. The song is almost irrelevant. The focus is on the person, and the songs have become disposable. The direction and bake system are getting worse faster than any of us can imagine".

My point about connecting rock music to sin is something you should ask the secular rock artists themselves about. It's designed to lead the youth into sin, beginning with jazz in the early 20th century which was the first vehicle for the voodoo rhythms to enter popular music. The devil knows music. He had been using music to denigrate God and destroy morals for thousands of years. Nothing I speak of is new... And the artists themselves... Those involved in the occult, the leading lights of the music industry over the past 60 years in particular, will boast of the power they wield in their music, and designed it, many through mediums, to rip a generation of children away from parents. It is no coincidence that crime, divorce, alcoholism, drug addictions, sexual perversion including homosexuality, premarital sex, and suicides, all sky rocketed in the statistics in direct proportion to the popularity of rock and roll.

But hey. It's your decision.
Do what thou wilt. What I like'.
Which has been the mantra of the rock industry for that same time. The modern take on that mantra is, "don't judge me, I can do what I like".

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You may not appreciate Jimmy Swaggert , but how about Michael Card, of El Shaadai note? He said, in 1996, well before much of the contemporary heavy metal rubbish that's out there,
"Now the industry ( speaking of CCM) is celebrity driven. The song is almost irrelevant. The focus is on the person, and the songs have become disposable. The direction and bake system are getting worse faster than any of us can imagine".

My point about connecting rock music to sin is something you should ask the secular rock artists themselves about. It's designed to lead the youth into sin, beginning with jazz in the early 20th century which was the first vehicle for the voodoo rhythms to enter popular music. The devil knows music. He had been using music to denigrate God and destroy morals for thousands of years. Nothing I speak of is new... And the artists themselves... Those involved in the occult, the leading lights of the music industry over the past 60 years in particular, will boast of the power they wield in their music, and designed it, many through mediums, to rip a generation of children away from parents. It is no coincidence that crime, divorce, alcoholism, drug addictions, sexual perversion including homosexuality, premarital sex, and suicides, all sky rocketed in the statistics in direct proportion to the popularity of rock and roll.

But hey. It's your decision.
Do what thou wilt. What I like'.
Which has been the mantra of the rock industry for that same time. The modern take on that mantra is, "don't judge me, I can do what I like".
I can’t agree with you, or we’d both be wrong.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Backlit

I did try listening to some of Vivaldi's pieces, and while I thought I hadn't heard of him, I have definitely heard some of his music before.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Classical

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Little Lecrae on occasion too. Just big difference from Natalie grant/Nicole Nordeman, but learned a lot of Bethel and Hillsong at church