What are you trusting in?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Ive often found it curious when i ask a person who says they are a Christian, "are you a Christian"....they will say......"yes, im a Catholic, or yes, im a Baptist, or yes, im a Pentecostal, or "yes, i grew up in the church, or yes, im a Church of God"....[/background]

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]But i didnt ask you what denomination you affiliate with, i asked you, "are you a Christian".[/background]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)](caught you already....[/background][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)] [/background][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)] ;)[/background]

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]So, i want to ask you a simple question.[/background]

What are you trusting in, this very second, to get you into heaven?
What?

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Are you trusting in ......water baptism to wash away your sins?[/background]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Are you trusting in..... "living a holy life before God"?[/background]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Are you trusting in...... a warm fuzzy feeling you once had in Church during an Easter service?[/background]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Are you hoping that in the end, you have done enough good deeds so that your good deeds outweigh all your sins and you will make it into heaven?[/background]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Do you believe that that by belonging to the only church that God deems his "elect" or his "saved" that this is your passport into heaven?[/background]

I want you to ask yourself....." If i die in the next 2 minutes...what am i TRUSTING IN to get me into heaven".
What are you trusting in????

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]And if the first and only answer that pops into your mind [/background]is NOT[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]...[/background]" Im trusting in Christ alone, and nothing else"[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)] [/background],=then you have a big problem.
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]And your problem is that you are ither adding to Christ's finished work or you are substituting something in place of his finished work.[/background]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]So make SURE you are not trusting in anything but Christ alone by Faith for your salvation and eternal pardon.[/background]

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Double check...[/background][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]...[/background]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Be sure...[/background]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]And the reason is, the obituary page in your paper today is full of people who only yesterday had no idea they were about to meet their maker.[/background]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]So, be sure that when you meet him, you meet him according to HIS METHOD of Salvation and not yours.[/background]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Coz yours is no good.....[/background]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]God's requirement is,[/background] = "in Christ alone do i place my trust".
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]So, what is yours?[/background]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]What is it?[/background]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]??[/background]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]??[/background]

K

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
So you go around playing "gotcha" with other believers? Why? Is that any way to comport yourself with folks you just meet?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I gotta go with biggandy on this one.

If you're gonna ask, you should also provide your own answer to the question.

whitestone

Apr 3, 2011
Gold Beach Oregon
I am in Heaven with Christ Jesus. He has lifted me up into Heavenly places where He is! I'm lifted up with Him :) Forever!
I am seated with Him as I watch Him rule and reigning in me, keeping me from the temptations of the evil self, overcoming sin and death in me.
I don't belong to a "denomination". Nor do I use the term "christian" for myself as it could mean anything in this weird compromised group of "churches" around the world!
I am born of Jesus' Wife, the New Jerusalem Heavenly Mt Sion, my Mother. Jesus, the Bridegroom, is my Father. The marriage with His Wife,produced the Son of God within me. His Incorruptible Seed combined with my incorruptible faithfulness and fidelity, produces the Son of God within me. A family affair!
It is Glorious in it's simplicity, and simple in it's Glory :)
Thank you Jesus!

Whitestone

Reactions: Prentis

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"in Christ alone do i place my trust"... "in Christ alone do i place my trust" "in Christ alone do i place my trust"

Now memorize this like a password...and voila... you're in like Flynn!!!

us2are1

Son Of Man
Sep 14, 2011
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]Ive often found it curious when i ask a person who says they are a Christian, "are you a Christian"....they will say......"yes, im a Catholic, or yes, im a Baptist, or yes, im a Pentecostal, or "yes, i grew up in the church, or yes, im a Church of God"....[/background]

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]But i didnt ask you what denomination you affiliate with, i asked you, "are you a Christian".[/background]
[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)](caught you already....[/background][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)] [/background][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)] ;)[/background]

[background=rgb(250, 250, 250)]So, i want to ask you a simple question.[/background]

What are you trusting in, this very second, to get you into heaven?
What?

K

I am trusting in the Spirit of God.

But not to get into heaven. [background=rgb(250, 250, 250)](caught you already....[/background][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)] [/background][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)] ;)[/background]

No one goes to heaven accept He who is in heaven.

John 3
13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man who is in heaven.

Jon-Marc

Jun 8, 2007
Jacumba, CA
How people answer the question, "Are you a Christian" can often tell you if they are or not. I've gotten answers like "My husband and I were both raised that way", and "Of course, I'm an American." Before I was saved on May 18, 1963, I would have answered that with, "No, but I'm a good person." Being "raised that way", being "an American", or being a "good person" by man's standards mean nothing to God. The best that we can do on our own is not good enough to appease God--Who had provided a way to perfection trhough His only begotten Son.

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
So you go around playing "gotcha" with other believers? Why? Is that any way to comport yourself with folks you just meet?

Dont take yourself so seriously, bigandy.
Just like the rest of us, you are not that important.
Also, consider that some of us who post, post a lot of light that is difficult for the spiritually blind to deal with and engage.
But we keep posting it, and sometimes it finds a crack in the sludge of their hardened theology, while most of the time it
just bounces off the calloused mentality of the self-righteous.

K

"in Christ alone do i place my trust"... "in Christ alone do i place my trust" "in Christ alone do i place my trust"

Its not about memorizing, its about believing.
After all Episkopos, if memorizing a "holy" rosary could do anything for you, then the 10,000 times you've repeated it would really be something.
I will say that i think you deserve a reward for all that practice.....so.....
As Catholics just like you drink regularly, then have a beer with your prez and 1st lady.....
("bottoms up")

-
obama_beer_ireland.jpg

K

I gotta go with biggandy on this one.

If you're gonna ask, you should also provide your own answer to the question.

2 pigs agreeing in a trough?
And regarding me providing the "answer",...well, i wrote the thread.
Go figure out the answer.. ^_^

K

I am in Heaven with Christ Jesus. He has lifted me up into Heavenly places where He is! I'm lifted up with Him :) Forever!
I am seated with Him as I watch Him rule and reigning in me, keeping me from the temptations of the evil self, overcoming sin and death in me.
I don't belong to a "denomination". Nor do I use the term "christian" for myself as it could mean anything in this weird compromised group of "churches" around the world!
I am born of Jesus' Wife, the New Jerusalem Heavenly Mt Sion, my Mother. Jesus, the Bridegroom, is my Father. The marriage with His Wife,produced the Son of God within me. His Incorruptible Seed combined with my incorruptible faithfulness and fidelity, produces the Son of God within me. A family affair!
It is Glorious in it's simplicity, and simple in it's Glory :)
Thank you Jesus!

Whitestone

WS, except for the (Kidron rolls eyes) part about your "incorruptible faithfulness", i appreciate what you've written...

K

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
2 pigs agreeing in a trough?
And regarding me providing the "answer",...well, i wrote the thread.
Go figure out the answer.. ^_^

-- Actually, it was two people trying to get the pig to lift his head out of the trough and actually contribute instead of demand.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA

So a magic formula chanted over and over will save me? What was that about babbling with many words the way the pagans do?

Kidron, you are kidding yourself. The spiritual slime being posted isn't by myself or other reform minded Christians.

As far as pigs go... you really are a wonderful example of exactly that.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I am a Catholic.......

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Actually I have found the same Kidron, the term christian has lost the true meaning of following Christ. So when people asked me if I am a christian I state "No..I follow Christ."..So thanks for the topic and people lets try to be nice to one another please and edify God...

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
I am trusting in the Spirit of God.

But not to get into heaven. [background=rgb(250, 250, 250)](caught you already....[/background][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)] [/background][background=rgb(250, 250, 250)] ;)[/background]

No one goes to heaven accept He who is in heaven.

John 3
13 And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man who is in heaven.

Then i guess you would have a problem with Paul who went to "heaven" and came back and then died again and is there right now?
And did you ever read that a Christian is seated currently at the right hand of God?
And when Paul said its far better for him to die and be with the "Lord", or....when Paul said that "absent from the body is to be present with the Lord"......
Apparently you think that the "Lord" is not in heaven..., according to what you have written.
Son of Man, I wonder where you think the Lord is.....
Perhaps you think he is hanging on the walls of numerous Catholic Churches??

K

How people answer the question, "Are you a Christian" can often tell you if they are or not. I've gotten answers like "My husband and I were both raised that way", and "Of course, I'm an American." Before I was saved on May 18, 1963, I would have answered that with, "No, but I'm a good person." Being "raised that way", being "an American", or being a "good person" by man's standards mean nothing to God. The best that we can do on our own is not good enough to appease God--Who had provided a way to perfection trhough His only begotten Son.

AMEN.

K

-- Actually, it was two people trying to get the pig to lift his head out of the trough and actually contribute instead of demand.

Glad I could clear that up for you.

Are you trying to answer one of my Threads with yet another question?
Well, in the long run id rather you do that, then try to turn every thread you reply to into a homosexual support group.
That would be the "ASPEN" aspect.

K

So a magic formula chanted over and over will save me? What was that about babbling with many words the way the pagans do?

Kidron, you are kidding yourself. The spiritual slime being posted isn't by myself or other reform minded Christians.

Well, at least im God's justified pig.
blood bought, born again, hamhock.
redeemed with the imputed righteousness of Christ, swine.
sinless bacon.
heaven bound, eternally secure, oinker.

K

Yes, I am a Catholic.......

Im a Christian.

K

Actually I have found the same Kidron, the term christian has lost the true meaning of following Christ. So when people asked me if I am a christian I state "No..I follow Christ."..So thanks for the topic and people lets try to be nice to one another please and edify God...

Hey Shep,
Yes, these days, "christian" the term, has become grossly generic.
In the last 2 decades ive noticed that the words "Jesus" and "Christian", tends to show up in the most amazing of places.
For example, in POLITICS..
Is there a presidential candidate from ither party this last 20 years who isnt a "Christian"?
Obama has the reverend Wright, and Mitt has the Book of Mormon........both proving once again that more of that generic term for Christianity is found everywhere.

K

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Are you trying to answer one of my Threads with yet another question?
Well, in the long run id rather you do that, then try to turn every thread you reply to into a homosexual support group.
That would be the "ASPEN" aspect.

-- Kiddy baby, you are as ignorant to the facts as you are arrogant :lol:

Asking you to actually answer the question that you want others to answer is hardly undermining your little egofests.

But you are clueless about Aspen and I. Another example of your desire to talk out of a smelly orafice without actually knowing the facts.

Aspen and I have NEVER agreed on homosexuality on this board. E-V-E-R.

If you were an actual adult I would encourage you to check ANY of the homosexual threads to see how often and thoroughly we have done battle.

But since you don't appear to be, I won't even bother suggesting it.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Many trust God that he will give them a 'carte blanche', or a free pass into the club, and this they call grace. Though this might be done out of an honest heart, it is a complete misunderstanding of the purpose of God. To do this is to picture God as someone who only desires our allegiance, and not a close relationship. Vote for me, and I'll make sure you're taken care of. Be part of the Nazi party, and you're rich... But God is not partisan. He is not looking for someone who will tilt the balances his way... He doesn't need that.

God is seeking a faith far deeper than that. A faith that goes beyond sight, or tit for tat, I give you this, you give me that. The 'faith' which makes this trade is a faith that is according to sight. But God seeks for a faith that completely abandons itself, not expecting anything in return. This faith he rewards with a share of his life.

And once we share in his life, now we can trust that this provision of life, of power, which comes only through direct connection to God and his people, is enough to conform us to him and to transform us into the same image. Without spot or wrinkle. Just as he is, we are. This is the power of the gospel, and the provision of God, which we trust he will give us if we are faithful and diligent in seeking him.

This is properly called grace.

Reactions: dragonfly

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
Asking you to actually answer the question that you want others to answer is hardly undermining your little egofests.

Asking me to answer a question i post in a Thread is certainly acceptable, as long as you answer it first
Till you do that, then just run on.

But you are clueless about Aspen and I.

Im a lot of things, but "clueless" regarding the Aspen type as found on numerous Christian forums, is something ive quite a clue about.

Aspen and I have NEVER agreed on homosexuality on this board. E-V-E-R.

Well, here is a clue for you..........ive never stated that you and Aspen have agreed.
so, your point is a mystery regarding any truth.

If you were an actual adult I would encourage you to check ANY of the homosexual threads to see how often and thoroughly we have done battle.

Once again, ive never stated that the two of you agree, or disagree, ....Ive never posted anything about your particular pov regarding the homosexuality issue.
So, you are blowing up the wrong pipe
And i honestly have no interest in finding out how you and Aspen limply kick each other on this forum.

K

Many trust God that he will give them a 'carte blanche', or a free pass into the club, and this they call grace.

God is offering righteousness for faith.
This is what he gave Abraham, and the offer still stands until the time of the Gentiles is complete.
Trying to create a situation whereby faith alone is not good enough for God so that you can sound "spiritual" is not really a redeeming quality, Prentis.

Grace is very simple.
Its a free gift of righteousness and pardon for life for any and all who would receive it by faith.
You cant earn it, you cant lose it.
You take Christ and God takes you.
Done.

K

Strat

Mar 25, 2012
If grace could not be corrupted the Bible would never mention it,the corruption of grace is a matter of the heart and therfore a matter only God can judge...however anyone teaching that one can accept grace and sin at will is teaching falsely...this is not a matter of the heart,but one of open rebellion against God....if this is not the case then entire books of the Bible are not neccesary and should have never been included.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Through faith we indeed have access to righteousness as you say, K. But the meaning of that is far different from what you make it to be!

We have access to imparted righteousness, a power (the life of Christ) that God places in us and that allows us to be as he is. Even further, it is actually him who lives through us, and our old carnal life is dead, destroyed.

God is not offering the cover of a coat of righteousness, like sheep's clothing to cover the wolf we are... Rather He offers true power whereby we become the righteousness of Christ, and the righteous requirement of the law is fulfilled in us. If we give up our old life, and allow it to be crucified, he replaces with this new life, the power of Christ.

So the wolf actually has to die so God can resurrect it as a sheep. This is what is offered in Christ, and this is the result of going through the cross.

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
Through faith we indeed have access to righteousness as you say, K. But the meaning of that is far different from what you make it to be!

We have access to imparted righteousness,

Prentis,

you need to get your semantics in order.

For example, we do not have the imparted righteousness..that is false.
We have the IMPUTED righteousness
You need to do a word study and get your understanding together.

K

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Prentis,you need to get your semantics in order.For example, we do not have the imparted righteousness..that is false.We have the IMPUTED righteousnessYou need to do a word study and get your understanding together.K

And you base this on...??? Your own understanding maybe?

But this is not what the word says.

Rom_8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Eph_4:24 And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

So the new man is created in righteousness and true holiness and yet is not truly righteous and holy, only declared so. It is a lawyers dream, and it's a hoax!

hoax/hōks/ Noun:
A humorous or malicious deception.

But there is no fooling God, only ourselves...