What benefit does it produce to make Jesus God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
When he had come to us, he took Paul's belt, bound his own hands and feet, and said, “Thus says the Holy Spirit, ‘So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man who owns this belt, and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.' ”
copyChkboxOff.gif
Rom 15:16

So says God’s spirit. What says your spirit?

Is your spirit sometimes grieved? If so, what does your spirit say?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The conspiracy is not the Jews reverence for God but trinitarians blurring God’s name with the name of his chosen suffering servant.

Have you ever explained that? Have you ever explained the many juxtapositions of God from Jesus? Why in Acts 17:31 does it say God chose or appointed Jesus IF Jesus where God?
Act 17:31

Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.
He appointed a day. You are twisting scripture

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When he had come to us, he took Paul's belt, bound his own hands and feet, and said, “Thus says the Holy Spirit, ‘So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man who owns this belt, and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.' ”
copyChkboxOff.gif
Rom 15:16
Is God’s Spirit, the spirit of truth?

When you quote Scripture without comment, it is like copying and pasting a link; you are hoping it makes the argument for you.

The Spirit of God’s truth prompted Paul’s friend to say what was said. This is different from the terrifying voice in Deut 18.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
One of my grandmothers had a saying: “Mind your spirit.” (I think the first time, or very early on, I heard her say it, it was either “Mind your spirit, boy.” or “Mind your spirit, child.”)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The conspiracy is not the Jews reverence for God but trinitarians blurring God’s name with the name of his chosen suffering servant.

Have you ever explained that? Have you ever explained the many juxtapositions of God from Jesus? Why in Acts 17:31 does it say God chose or appointed Jesus IF Jesus where God?

Cricket … Cricket … Cricket …

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't get anyone to answer this honest question. All I get back is because the Bible says so. But there must be a reason for it. What is it? Here I will give you a reason why he had to be a man.

Romans says a man (Adam) caused sin to enter into the world, and also that a man would have to redeem it from sin. Romans 5:15 says “For if many died through one man’s trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many.” The Bible specifically says that a man must do it. The book of Corinthians makes the same point Romans does when it says “For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead” (1 Corinthians 15:21).

Now it's your turn. Anyone?
Would it offend you if I suggested that both of these men were the same man?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of my grandmothers had a saying: “Mind your spirit.” (I think the first time, or very early on, I heard her say it, it was either “Mind your spirit, boy.” or “Mind your spirit, child.”)
My spirit worships, it can be up or down, it can be discouraged but not broken, but it does not leave my body and speak through other people, it does not cause people to prophesy, it does not hover over the waters and was not part of the creation.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would it offend you if I suggested that both of these men were the same man?
I've heard something similar;
One of the more controversial teachings of Brigham Young during the Mormon Reformation was the Adam–God doctrine. According to Young, he was taught by Smith that Adam is "our Father and our God, and the only God with whom we have to do". According to the doctrine, Adam was once a mortal man who became resurrected and exalted. From another planet, Adam brought Eve, one of his wives, with him to the earth, where they became mortal by eating the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. After bearing mortal children and establishing the human race, Adam and Eve returned to their heavenly thrones where Adam acts as the god of this world. Later, as Young is generally understood to have taught, Adam returned to the earth to become the biological father of Jesus.[104][105][106] The LDS Church has since repudiated the Adam–God doctrine

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
My spirit worships, it can be up or down, it can be discouraged but not broken, but it does not leave my body and speak through other people, it does not cause people to prophesy, it does not hover over the waters and was not part of the creation.

My spirit speaks. I think your spirit speaks. I think everyone’s spirit speaks.

You say your spirit doesn’t speak independently and never speaks.

We’re at an impasse on the matter.

There’s nothing wrong with that. That’s just where we are currently.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cricket … Cricket … Cricket …
I already responded. God appointed a day, you are a little mixed up there

Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Similarities and differences.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I already responded. God appointed a day, you are a little mixed up there

No sir! Stop relying on archaic translations that you misinterpret. And it side steps completely the many verses where Jesus is juxtaposed from God.

Acts 17:31
New Living Translation

31 For he has set a day for judging the world with justice by the man he has appointed, and he proved to everyone who this is by raising him from the dead.”

Last edited:

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No sir! Stop relying on archaic translations that you misinterpret. And it side steps completely the many verses where Jesus is juxtaposed from God.

Acts 17:31
New Living Translation

31 For he has set a day for judging the world with justice by the man he has appointed, and he proved to everyone who this is by raising him from the dead.”

copyChkboxOff.gif

because He has set a day on which He will judge [fn]the world in righteousness [fn]through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all people [fn]by raising Him from the dead.”

Other versions do say a Man he has appointed. I have no problem with that, Jesus is a man. He is also divine.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

copyChkboxOff.gif

because He has set a day on which He will judge [fn]the world in righteousness [fn]through a Man whom He has appointed, having furnished proof to all people [fn]by raising Him from the dead.”

Other versions do say a Man he has appointed. I have no problem with that, Jesus is a man. He is also divine.

Jesus is a man, but he’s no God-man. He’s more remarkable than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.