What benefit does it produce to make Jesus God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Notice how it does not read 'and the Holy Spirit said?' It means another Being, who was in a place the Holy Spirit was not, said the words. This other Being is God, who alone is the Father.

2. Also, do you notice how it reads the HS descended in a form - not IS or HAS a body in the shape of a bird?

3. Language Usage. Compare and Contrast: RLT63's shadow descended in bodily form, like a glove upon him. It doesn't mean an attribute of your existence, your shadow, is different person, right?

4. The plain truth is there is no 'God, The Holy Spirit' verse because that would contradict the one and only God, who we relate to as Father. Do you ever wonder why the only God explicitly identified is God the Father and why you always have to infer your doctrine from more ambiguous text?

Each specific instance of verses related to the Holy Spirit can be likewise broken down. (And I do hope you can give me a straight answer to the red underlined question.)
I gave clear examples of when The Holy Spirit spoke.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your spirit is not a person. The Holy Spirit is
One ploy trinitarians seem to invoke is the misuse of capitalization. The holy spirit of god does not make his spirit different from mine in that mine is not a person but his is.

I doubt even you would deny god the father is a spirit and he is holy.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I gave clear examples of when The Holy Spirit spoke.
Again, the whole reason you have to provide so many examples is a desperate attempt to make up with quantity what each verse lacks in quality. The trinity is not in the Bible. There is not one verse that states "God the Holy Spirit."

Like a recording? It's not much of a god who cannot even speak on his own and has no authority.

When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future
John 16:13

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, the whole reason you have to provide so many examples is a desperate attempt to make up with quantity what each verse lacks in quality. The trinity is not in the Bible. There is not one verse that states "God the Holy Spirit."

Like a recording? It's not much of a god who cannot even speak on his own and has no authority.

When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future
John 16:13
"He "

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One ploy trinitarians seem to invoke is the misuse of capitalization. The holy spirit of god does not make his spirit different from mine in that mine is not a person but his is.

I doubt even you would deny god the father is a spirit and he is holy.
Holy Spirit is capitalized in most versions

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Holy Spirit is capitalized in most versions
Right. AS IF it means something other than god is spirit and his spirit is holy. Do you ever notice that god is capitalized also? But sometimes LORD is all caps and sometimes it is not?

Don't you wonder why trinitarian translators removed god's holy name, YHWH, from Scripture 7,000 times???

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right. AS IF it means something other than god is spirit and his spirit is holy. Do you ever notice that god is capitalized also? But sometimes LORD is all caps and sometimes it is not?

Don't you wonder why trinitarian translators removed god's holy name, YHWH, from Scripture 7,000 times???
Acts 5:3-4 To lie to the Holy Spirit is to lie to God.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 5:3-4 To lie to the Holy Spirit is to lie to God.
Agreed. Don't you think lying is primarily lying to God?

The same with sinning. For instance, if I don't honor my mother and father, it puts them down but I've learned the primary one offended is God, himself.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was out of respect for the name of God, not some conspiracy
Why do some Bible translations not use the name Jehovah for God?
The conspiracy is not the Jews reverence for God but trinitarians blurring God’s name with the name of his chosen suffering servant.

Have you ever explained that? Have you ever explained the many juxtapositions of God from Jesus? Why in Acts 17:31 does it say God chose or appointed Jesus IF Jesus where God?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither does God’s spirit speak independently of God.

Isn’t your own spirit sometimes grieved?
When he had come to us, he took Paul's belt, bound his own hands and feet, and said, “Thus says the Holy Spirit, ‘So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man who owns this belt, and deliver him into the hands of the Gentiles.' ”
copyChkboxOff.gif
Rom 15:16

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How convenient.
Indeed. Have you never wondered why the Apostles disobeyed the resurrected Christ, even though choosing martyrdom rather than deny Christ? Does that make sense to you?

I’m sure I provided the historical record of that verse being a forgery. But the Acts of the Apostles disobeying that supposed command is the proof of the trinitarian trick. Still, the verse is not a trinitarian statement, saying nothing about the nature of God and salvation depending on believing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.