What benefit does it produce to make Jesus God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The trinity is a man made doctrine nowhere to be found in the scriptures.
Disagree, as there are a few Scriptures that are misinterpreted and
misrepresented with erroneous interpretations, and fail to take into
account the Majority Of Scriptures That Are Plain And Clear.
(Rule #6 Bible study Rules):

500 Passages Declaring The LORD Jesus Christ Is Almighty God!

Yes, Thanks Be Unto God For All Of The Scriptures!

Grace, Peace, and JOY In Him, and His Word of Truth, Rightly
Divided
!

Reactions: RLT63

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Disagree, as there are a few Scriptures that are misinterpreted and
misrepresented with erroneous interpretations, and fail to take into
account the Majority Of Scriptures That Are Plain And Clear.
(Rule #6 Bible study Rules):

500 Passages Declaring The LORD Jesus Christ Is Almighty God!

Yes, Thanks Be Unto God For All Of The Scriptures!

Grace, Peace, and JOY In Him, and His Word of Truth, Rightly
Divided
!
There are about 3000 saying Jesus is not God , but rather the messiah, Christ or Son of God , Son of man . Do you see a contradiction on a huge scale ? I do

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are about 3000 saying Jesus is not God , but rather the messiah, Christ or Son of God , Son of man . Do you see a contradiction on a huge scale ? I do
Please just show 1 scripture where Jesus says I AM God , almighty, and there is no other , etc . It does not exist, because if he said it that would have been a lie . The True God made that statement often just read the Bible . Thank God for it too .

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please just show 1 scripture where Jesus says I AM God , almighty, and there is no other , etc . It does not exist, because if he said it that would have been a lie . The True God made that statement often just read the Bible . Thank God for it too .
Here is a verse Jesus speaking John 12.49
For I have not spoken of myself ( notice that admits he is not God himself ) ; but the Father which sent me , he gave me a commandment, what I should say and what I should speak . The Father is God of all and sent Jesus , so here again Jesus is not God , but Gods sent one . So Jesus is following orders not making them up . If anyone thinks Jesus is God they have some serious problems with just this verse . And Jesus said this I’m not inventing this .

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me one where Jesus says I AM God almighty and there is no other ….
There's not one that says that either but there is this
Rev 1:17

And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Rev 1:18

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There's not one that says that either but there is this
Rev 1:17

And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:
Rev 1:18

I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
So I have a question? We are told to let our light shine before men , yet if Jesus was truly God as some claim , why did Jesus never in scriptures make that public or known ? That would be hypocritical to the message he was preaching. God often made it known to Israel this fact and even by events he proved his word true . Yet Jesus is silent. The reason is because Jesus is the Son of God almighty of whom there is no other. Not God Almighty himself .

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I have a question? We are told to let our light shine before men , yet if Jesus was truly God as some claim , why did Jesus never in scriptures make that public or known ? That would be hypocritical to the message he was preaching. God often made it known to Israel this fact and even by events he proved his word true . Yet Jesus is silent. The reason is because Jesus is the Son of God almighty of whom there is no other. Not God Almighty himself .
He did say as much but when people post evidence and scriptures Unitarians make arguments about the original Greek used or that something was added to the original text and there are already multiple threads that have covered this subject and no one is changing their minds. There is one person, Matthias who makes sound arguments and has caused me to do some deep study and I give him credit. Most of the rest of the arguments are just the same thing repeated over and over.

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He did say as much but when people post evidence and scriptures Unitarians make arguments about the original Greek used or that something was added to the original text and there are already multiple threads that have covered this subject and no one is changing their minds. There is one person, Matthias who makes sound arguments and has caused me to do some deep study and I give him credit. Most of the rest of the arguments are just the same thing repeated over and over.
I thank God for the Holy Spirit that causes us to understand scriptures, you do not have to be much more than teachable. And have an ear for truth . Many will not hear , but the world will hear the world , because they don’t know God . So I’m not the least bit surprised. But I will try to be true to the One God and his Son that have given me joy and peace with good hope . The truth will prevail and Jesus is building his church . Stay in the word of God and it will set you free Jesus said , or listen to the many deceived ones and be deceived. Matthew 24 .

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thank God for the Holy Spirit that causes us to understand scriptures, you do not have to be much more than teachable. And have an ear for truth . Many will not hear , but the world will hear the world , because they don’t know God . So I’m not the least bit surprised. But I will try to be true to the One God and his Son that have given me joy and peace with good hope . The truth will prevail and Jesus is building his church . Stay in the word of God and it will set you free Jesus said , or listen to the many deceived ones and be deceived. Matthew 24 .
If the scriptures are that easy to understand why do people keep having to do Greek word studies to tell me that when the Bible says The Word was God it means something else? The same Word became flesh but somehow that means something else too.

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
If the scriptures are that easy to understand why do people keep having to do Greek word studies to tell me that when the Bible says The Word was God it means something else? The same Word became flesh but somehow that means something else too.
Without the Holy Spirits anointing Greek or no Greek it will not be well understood. The word of God is Spiritual not merely words . Yes words are very important to be correct . The Jews knew the laws well but often did not know God of the laws , why Because God is Spirit and those that honor him must do it in Spirit and truth . The NT is full of teachings on this . Apostle Paul went into it well , study 1 Corinthians and 2 Corinthians, prayerfully of course .

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Without the Holy Spirits anointing Greek or no Greek it will not be well understood. The word of God is Spiritual not merely words . Yes words are very important to be correct . The Jews knew the laws well but often did not know God of the laws , why Because God is Spirit and those that honor him must do it in Spirit and truth . The NT is full of teachings on this . Apostle Paul went into it well , study 1 Corinthians and 2 Corinthians, prayerfully of course .
I believe I'm filled with Holy Spirit too. I've studied and I've came to a different conclusion than you.

Justbobg

Oct 4, 2022
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I believe I'm filled with Holy Spirit too. I've studied and I've came to a different conclusion than you.
Make sure you have not the spirit of error . 1 John talks about it . Those that can not identify Jesus have an anti christ spirit . Jesus is the son of God as Peter gave confession. The Christ come in the flesh .
God has no flesh so to say Jesus is God is anti christ. God is not a man or ever will be . It’s very deceptive. But the truth is God is not a man . Jesus is a man this is of the spirit of God . The Christ come in the flesh . Born OF God and a virgin . With out the shedding of blood there is no remissions of sins . So God needed a lamb to shed its blood as sacrifice for the world . God has no flesh or blood . So he sent Jesus born a man and of God s spirit , the Son of God . So it’s important to know the Spirit of truth . All spelled out in 1 John .

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Make sure you have not the spirit of error . 1 John talks about it . Those that can not identify Jesus have an anti christ spirit . Jesus is the son of God as Peter gave confession. The Christ come in the flesh .
God has no flesh so to say Jesus is God is anti christ. God is not a man or ever will be . It’s very deceptive. But the truth is God is not a man . Jesus is a man this is of the spirit of God . The Christ come in the flesh . Born OF God and a virgin . With out the shedding of blood there is no remissions of sins . So God needed a lamb to shed its blood as sacrifice for the world . God has no flesh or blood . So he sent Jesus born a man and of God s spirit , the Son of God . So it’s important to know the Spirit of truth . All spelled out in 1 John .
And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us. Make sure you are not in error

Reactions: marks

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ex 20:3-5
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.

5 Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lordthy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;

Only God may be worshipped!

Matthew 2:11
And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.

Matthew 8:2
And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

Matthew 9:18
While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.

Matthew 14:33
Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.

Matthew 15:25
Then came she and worshipped him, saying, Lord, help me.

John 9:38
And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

Reactions: RLT63
Status
Not open for further replies.