What benefit does it produce to make Jesus God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I don’t think anyone is disputing the Diety of “Christ” - a term or title that refers specifically to the spiritual anointing that scripture informs us descended from heaven (like a dove) upon a man called Jesus who was physically born like others are physically born, of a mother and the labor of delivery into this world.

The thread is making an important distinction between the physical flesh and the anointing spirit, which made the man- Christ, or Messiah of you prefer.
Hebrews 1 says of the Lord Jesus Christ: "Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever".

John 1.14 says: "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

Colossians 2.9 says: "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

There is absolutely no ambiguity in Scripture about His Deity.

Reactions: RLT63

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-or so the story goes?

The question then becomes was he less of a man than all others, lacking some part of DNA or some part of what we call human nature? Or was he more than all other humans born having some extra God-part that none of us have? Good Christians have wide and varied opinions on this. I tend to agree with Hebrews that says he was like us “in every respect.”

“Therefore, it was necessary for him to be made in every respect like us…so that he could be our merciful and faithful High Priest before God. Then he could offer a sacrifice that would take away the sins of the people”
You question the virgin birth?

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 1 says of the Lord Jesus Christ: "Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever".

John 1.14 says: "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

Colossians 2.9 says: "And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

There is absolutely no ambiguity in Scripture about His Deity.

Yes--the Word (of God) became flesh-- no where does scripture say anywhere that the flesh became God. It's quite different, you know? First and foremost it says the Word was God (already) and that is what became flesh. Descended from on high, not born in a manger.

Reactions: Peterlag

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you question The Immaculate Conception then?

I'm not Catholic, and this isn't the Inquisition. I question a lot of things. (almost everything). -But I noticed you didn't answer a single question I posed to you in Post # 20. Will you take a pause and do so now?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can't get anyone to answer this honest question. All I get back is because the Bible says so. But there must be a reason for it. What is it? Here I will give you a reason why he had to be a man.

Romans says a man (Adam) caused sin to enter into the world, and also that a man would have to redeem it from sin. Romans 5:15 says “For if many died through one man’s trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many.” The Bible specifically says that a man must do it. The book of Corinthians makes the same point Romans does when it says “For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead” (1 Corinthians 15:21).

Now it's your turn. Anyone?

The benefit is a thing of relationship. It wasn't some guy that God the Father anointed to live a perfect life in order to be the perfect sacrifice for my sins. It was God Himself that freely laid down His life in my place that I might live, through faith in Him.

Any time I use the word "God" I'm referring the triune Godhead that consists of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

It was God the Son who did this for me! That's how much He loved me and wanted the best for me, willing to lay down His own life. Image that, God Himself, the creator of everything that exists died a cruel death that day for me! And all He asks is that I believe in Him, what He did for me on that Cross.

That is very humbling to think that God not only didn't forget about me, He gave everything for me. How can I repay Him for such a thing? I can't, and will never be able to!

That is why I follow Him, that is why I love Him! The reason my relationship with Him is more important than anything in my life.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and RLT63

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-or so the story goes?

The question then becomes was he less of a man than all others, lacking some part of DNA or some part of what we call human nature? Or was he more than all other humans born having some extra God-part that none of us have? Good Christians have wide and varied opinions on this. I tend to agree with Hebrews that says he was like us “in every respect.”

“Therefore, it was necessary for him to be made in every respect like us…so that he could be our merciful and faithful High Priest before God. Then he could offer a sacrifice that would take away the sins of the people”
Jesus was 100% man and 100% God. Is this the verse you are referring to:
Heb 4:15

For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

Reactions: Charlie24

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus was 100% man and 100% God. Is this the verse you are referring to:
Heb 4:15

For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin.

No, the verse I quoted was Heb 2:17 but you can see that the verse you quoted doesn't refer to Jesus (the man) can't you? Because he certainly wasn't a high priest while he was here as a man.

What exceptions do you insist "in every respect like us" must make? In what ways do you hold that he was different?

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, the verse I quoted was Heb 2:17 but you can see that the verse you quoted doesn't refer to Jesus (the man) can't you? Because he certainly wasn't a high priest while he was here as a man.

What exceptions do you insist "in every respect like us" must make? In what ways do you hold that he was different?
Heb 2:17

Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.
Heb 2:18

For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.

He was tempted as we are. I don't know of any exceptions to Jesus being human. He didn't lose his divinity if that's what you're implying.

Reactions: Charlie24

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 2:17

Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.
Heb 2:18

For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.

He was tempted as we are. I don't know of any exceptions to Jesus being human. He didn't lose his divinity if that's what you're implying.

I guess I'm asking if YOU are 100% man and 100% God since that what you say is Jesus is and Hebrews says he was made like us in all things?

He was either (as scripture says) just like us in all things, or he wasn't.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess I'm asking if YOU are 100% man and 100% God since that what you say is Jesus is and Hebrews says he was made like us in all things?

Have a good day. You can find plenty of other people on here who support your view. I've wasted enough time with them.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Phil. 2:6-9
"Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:"

Before Christ came to this earth, being born of the Spirit, not man, he was in the form of God, He was God!

He waived His power as God, but could not waive the fact that He is God. 100% God, 100% Man.

In humanity, being made in the flesh, He humbled Himself and was obedient to God the Father's will in giving Himself for the sins of man. He willingly placed Himself in this position for us.

He has always been the Creator, but now He is the Saviour as well, and God the Father has exalted His name above all things.

All of creation will bow its knee to Jesus Christ and confess that He is Lord, to the glory of God the Father!

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and RLT63

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer is quite simple. God had to become Man in order to die for the sins of the whole world and then rise again on the third day for our justification. No man and no angel could die for the sins of the world.

Scripture does not teach that "God became a man" it teaches that He sent His son. The spirit of God with us- Immanuel. Not God "as" us.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
God is very Creative.

For example..

He Made Adam out of dirt.

He made Eve out of Adam.

He wrapped the Pre-Incarnate Christ in Human Flesh and caused Him to be born from a Virgin's womb.

And you were caused to be created by the joining of 2 people, who became "One Flesh".

That is 4 ways that a human can be caused to exist.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God is very Creative.

For example..

He Made Adam out of dirt.

He made Eve out of Adam.

He wrapped the Pre-Incarnate Christ in Human Flesh and caused Him to be born from a Virgin's womb.

And you were caused to be created by the joining of 2 people, who became "One Flesh".

That is 4 ways that a human can be caused to exist.
Im still trying to figure out why I pee 6 times a day. Is it that God is creative or am I reading the wrong bible? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Lambano

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I can't get anyone to answer this honest question. All I get back is because the Bible says so. But there must be a reason for it. What is it? Here I will give you a reason why he had to be a man.

Romans says a man (Adam) caused sin to enter into the world, and also that a man would have to redeem it from sin. Romans 5:15 says “For if many died through one man’s trespass, much more have the grace of God and the free gift by the grace of that one man Jesus Christ abounded for many.” The Bible specifically says that a man must do it. The book of Corinthians makes the same point Romans does when it says “For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead” (1 Corinthians 15:21).

Now it's your turn. Anyone?
Firstly, Jesus is Emanuel, That means he is God with us ! and our Salvation !
Not to mention one can not by pass Him in fact and one can only go through him in fact to know the Father in fact !
Outside of all above such is just Religious dribble regardless of what Religion one may claim, be it so called Christian or Jewish or Islam.

Not to mention if anyone thinks Jesus is just a Man, one is not a Christian in fact. Not worthy of Christ Jesus in fact !

Jesus is not the God of the Dead in fact ! but he is the Living God, through such one had life abundantly ! outside of such is one who has not Life in Christ Jesus in fact, because they have not been truly born again in fact. for if they were they would know that Christ Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega as far as humans are concerned. why because we need him ! and your cat or dog etc do not need him etc etc, but we do in fact ! because we are Saved, we are his body and he is our Head ! Everything is about Him in fact first and foremost in our lives, it's him we serve ! outside of that is just of this world = Deceptions and Delusions in fact.
Christ Jesus is all about the Kingdom of God in fact, one is Saved in the Kingdom of God in fact and not of the Deceptions and Delusions of this world, a Slave to this world duped by such nonsense, because ones eyes are open to such. That's why I have Life in abundance and others do not posses such, Such are wasting their life on the madness of this world in being duped by such.
Religion does not save ! Only Christ Jesus Saves in fact !

Reactions: Heart2Soul
Status
Not open for further replies.