What benefit does it produce to make Jesus God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone answered the thread title: What benefit does it produce to make Jesus God?.
For me, it establishes His reign as King of Kings, as the Alpha and Omega, as the Lord of Lord's, as the one in who all authority is given...the list goes on and on.
His Deity is unquestioned.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Has anyone answered the thread title: What benefit does it produce to make Jesus God?.
For me, it establishes His reign as King of Kings, as the Alpha and Omega, as the Lord of Lord's, as the one in who all authority is given...the list goes on and on.
His Deity is unquestioned.
Hi @Heart2Soul What you say is of course excellent about the Lord Jesus. I guess I wonder about the wording of the question in the area of us supposedly making Jesus God.....this is an odd phrase, indeed......

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was on a forum full of atheists and evolutionists. Even most of the Christians there believe in evolution. This one is much more tolerable for Christians

Some Christians are thin-skinned and so easily offended. They prefer to keep their light under a bushel and sequester themselves in little holy huddles where no pagan heretics may enter- such is their testimony, so easily upset.

Jesus said- “Let your light shine before men.”

He also said- ‘I’d rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the Saints— the sinners are much more fun.’ Oh wait.... that was Elton John.

Reactions: Matthias

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Some Christians are thin-skinned and so easily offended. They prefer to keep their light under a bushel and sequester themselves in little holy huddles where no pagan heretics may enter- such is their testimony, so easily upset.

He also said- ‘I’d rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the Saints— the sinners are much more fun.’ Oh wait.... that was Elton John.

Elton John? I thought it was Billy Joel. I guess I wouldn’t do well on Trivia Night at Two Keys Tavern. (I’m more of a ‘60’s and 70’s guy.)

Reactions: Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elton John? I thought it was Billy Joel. I guess I wouldn’t do well on Trivia Night at Two Keys Tavern.

Yes- Billy Joel! My mistake. Maybe Elton John said it too— he just didn’t sing it. lol.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Yes- Billy Joel! My mistake. Maybe Elton John said it too— he just didn’t sing it. lol.

lol! I guess I’ve got a little more left in the trivia tank than you caused me to think I had. :)

Look out Two Keys Tavern! Matthias is back in the game! (Looking for a partner though. Who doesn’t need backup in these things?)

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No that was Billy Joel

Reactions: Mr E

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elton John? I thought it was Billy Joel. I guess I wouldn’t do well on Trivia Night at Two Keys Tavern. (I’m more of a ‘60’s and 70’s guy.)
You are correct it was Billy Joel. Only The Good Die Young. He didn't care much for Catholics

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That'll work. God's holy spirit is Jesus in substance/flesh.
The Trinitarians I've met insist Trinity means three separate and distinct persons.

They are serious too when they insist God has a personhood. And worse, some, not all, insisted Jesus ascended back to the father as,and remains in Heaven , a flesh and blood man.

Yes, I don't know where they got that three persons definition. o_O Tertullian is the father that defined the Trinity in the 200's. He left the Roman church because it was too worldly and joined the Montanists who still had the Holy Spirit and were strict on behavior.

Tertullian:
“We define that there are two, the Father and the Son, and three with the Holy Spirit, and this number is made by the pattern of salvation . . . [which] brings about unity in trinity, interrelating the three, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. They are three, not in dignity, but in degree, not in substance (?) but in form, not in power but in kind. They are of one substance and power, because there is one God from whom these degrees, forms and kinds devolve in the name of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.” (Adv. Prax. 23; PL 2.156-7).

The Arian controversy: They were excommunicated from the Roman Church over this:

Arius taught, in accordance with an earlier subordinationist theological tradition, that the Son of God was a creature, made by God from nothing a finite time ago.

Sounds like the JW's liked their view.

Status
Not open for further replies.