What denomination would you say is the one most genuinely representing the original teaching of Chri

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
I see your point Andy
But where else is a thread titled
What denomination would you say is the one most genuinely representing the original teaching of Christ?

Going to lead?
Preventative medicine may have been a better choice.

Just my dumb observation

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
The title DOESN'T say "NO denomination can genuinely represent blah blah blah because all denominations are of the devil blah blah blah" and that is what we have been treated to in multiple threads from multiple folks.

They've had their say, they've hijacked the threads. It's time to give it a rest. It's ok to be passionate, but the obsessive compulsive passion is right out.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The original Methodist revival... Too bad the Methodist revivals did not last but a few decades before going the way of the Laodicean church age.

As E = mc2 so m = E/c2...

Material E/c2 - Mass... Cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Intelligence - Ideas can produce a E/c2!
Spiritual E/c2 - Spirituality - Energy (Love, motivation, power) Light (Faith, hope, charity, joy)

As human beings and denominations mature in age the Spirituality tends to diminish in time. I took my nephews and nieces to Dollywood to find that they no longer were interested in all the heart warming drama.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
The title DOESN'T say "NO denomination can genuinely represent blah blah blah because all denominations are of the devil blah blah blah" and that is what we have been treated to in multiple threads from multiple folks.

They've had their say, they've hijacked the threads. It's time to give it a rest. It's ok to be passionate, but the obsessive compulsive passion is right out.

Understood and I'll turn down the volume as well.
Thank you

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?

None,not one church in this world today even closely represents Christ.

We are supposed to walk in the Spirit not after the flesh, we all have eyes but how many can see.

In all His Love

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
Act 7:48 Howbeit the most High dwelleth not in temples made with hands; as saith the prophet,
Act 7:49 Heaven is my throne, and earth is my footstool: what house will ye build me? saith the Lord: or what is the place of my rest?
Act 7:50 Hath not my hand made all these things?

None,not one church in this world today even closely represents Christ.

We are supposed to walk in the Spirit not after the flesh, we all have eyes but how many can see.

In all His Love

Again you are actually calling Jesus a liar. Why ? Jesus very clearly formed His one Church on His Apostles.With that kind of interpretation of the very Holy Bible you should abstain from reading it, you are doing more harm to your salvation than good.by reading and interpreting God's Word that way as you do.What don't you understand when Jesus said "my church" in Matt.16:18 ?

Axehead

May 9, 2012
You don't have to be pro-denominationalism or anti-denominationalism. You just have to understand that God's children (children of God by faith in Jesus Christ) are everywhere.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a denomination has lost the creators spiritual E/c2 and have become hardened... What good is it?

Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.- Matthew 5:13

Stan

Jul 19, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, CA.
Hello all, Newbie here. *waves*

I was curious to begin a point of study in one particular denomination and thought to ask you all that question. Which denomination do you think or that is credited generally, as being the closest there is to the original ministry of Jesus?

Thank you for your sincere replies.
God Bless.

NOT one....ALL denominations are filled with Christians who walk the way Christ, who is the Head of the Church, would want. Christians are ONLY sinners SAVED by Grace.

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
Rex, thanks for your response.

I prefer not to engage in deep theological discernings and interpretations of original Scripture language, and so on. For one, it is very often the case that two believers can find Biblical verses that appear to contradict each other, and in some cases do contradict each other on a certain level. So, for example, when you cite a passage Hebrews that assumedly must include every human ever conceived then that leaves no exceptions, but also leaves a lot of other fantastic insights to our faith looking rather out of sorts. I do not accept this. Nor do I accept one interpretation of one passage to be "gospel" and to be applied in all circumstances.

The teachings on Mary are from every generation. The countless saints who gave us revelations on her unmatched favor given to her by God is of extreme importance. Now either they were intended by God to reveal greater truths to His Church and to the faithful, or they were lies from the evil one to deceive us. There is simply too much glory in the mother of God for her creator God to allow her to be so maligned, misused and as a deception for the devil. I cannot accept that, I see no reason Jesus would allow it either. Nor can I see how an all Holy God would pass through the womb of one with sin. Nor is the thought of Mary ever having carnal relations conceivable. Nor can I see all these incredible appearances of the Virgin Mary to be tools of the devil telling us to repent and pray. God's ways are not our ways. If He so chooses to honor His mother / daughter above all of creation, none of that is in opposition to God's love for man, nor Jesus' sacrifice for man. We are instructed to pray to Mary because it is our way of honoring her. Her prayers, I am certain, are far greater in weight than asking my neighbor to pray for me. As the archangel Gabriel declared "Hail Mary, full of grace."

Again, that is my belief and the Catholic Church's belief. Not insisting others are in great peril if they do not.

Right on the money Turzovka, welcome.

Stan

Jul 19, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, CA.
hadituptohere.png
I've had it up to HERE with all
this anti-denominationalism!

If you don't like denominations, fine! But you all don't have to infect every single thread that even hints at denominational differences.​
(you know who you all are)​

In other words, in the immortal words of Dean Wormer,
put-a-sock-in-it.png
"Put a sock in it!"

Really Andy? Way to represent. <_<

neophyte

Apr 25, 2012
What denomination would you say is the one most genuinely representing the original teaching of Christ?

None of them because Jesus never formed denomination, Jesus formed a church but only one church .Jesus said "my church' the only church that genuinely represents the teaching of Jesus as according to the Holy Bible is the Church that most closely follows those descriptive verses on church,of course we all agree that Jesus chose His twelve Apostles and they became the nucleuous of His one church ,so looking through our bibles we find many verses and passages connected to the apostles, now ask yourself this ; did Jesus say only 'my church' which means one church , yes, of course He did, so which Church existing today can trace it's beginning directly from the apostles and can trace it's lineage directly back to His apostles, only one Church and that is the Catholic Church.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Smith Wigglesworth was asked to sing at a dance aboard a cruse ship. As he sung the power of the Holy Spirit fell and souls got saved. A number of them came to him complaining that he had ruined their dance. A denominational preacher said that he had no business turning the dance into a religious service.

Smith Wigglesworth reply to the preacher was that "The Book of Acts was written because the disciples acted." True believers are lead solely of the Spirit and after that leading let the chips fall where they may. Some enter denominational churches, some don't. I would say what denomination, or non-denominational church is to the discernment of each believer.

Proverbs Dove

Nov 14, 2012
I've been away on business so I appreciate this thread continuing with thoughtful replies while I was away.
I certainly did not mean to inspire conflict with my question. It was an innocent one I assure you.

There is a lot of conflict of late regarding denominational Christianity. Which is why I asked the people here what they thought on the matter.

I know the "word of faith" movement seems to be getting a lot of flack for the 'prosperity doctrine' it teaches. Joel Osteen seemingly one of the foremost examples of mega-church pastors to come under fire by conservative ministers for that very thing.

As for the Catholic church and with no disrespect intended, I've heard people proclaim it is not a true church. Because it utilizes emissaries (degrees of clergy, saints, etc...) to intercede between the faithful and God.

Which was the point of my question. Of all the conflict that seems to arrive when speaking as to what church represents the true teachings of Christ, outside reading the Bible on one's own, what would be a community one could join so as to align with the closest path to Christ's message. Realizing of course that Jesus was not a member of a denomination nor did he found one.

I thank you all for your insight and heart felt sharing here. God Bless you all. :)