Why are you looking for?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read the topics and find some people with super long post, I skip those as half the time i don't know what they are ranting about. But I was thinking.

Why are you on the site? for interaction? for debate? to learn? to share your thoughts? for friendship?

Reactions: amadeus

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I read the topics and find some people with super long post, I skip those as half the time i don't know what they are ranting about. But I was thinking.

Why are you on the site? for interaction? for debate? to learn? to share your thoughts? for friendship?
There's recently been another similar thread but it seemed to lose its way. I said on there that I come here to connect with other Christians as I never see anybody otherwise. I like to encourage and share things God has shown me but I'm not much of a one for debate. I still have kept in touch with people I met on different forums so online friendship is part of it and I have even met up with some of them.

I'm like you though, I give the long posts a miss because they are more like books than conversations. My MO is to see what come up in the 'new posts' or 'what's new' and if it's got never ending numbers I give those a miss too and just go to the ones with fewer posts.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes for sure, these long posts are simply passed by by me. They should be blogging, not posting reply's to threads or making threads like a ton of paragraphs. One could spend all day on one single loooong post! No thanks :)

Reactions: amadeus and Pearl

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those "long posts" make people on the forum bored. There's a lot of stuff going on that gives invitation to pride and causes users to argue with each other. Hence why you don't see people being edified. Another thing is we're in a time where people are showing they don't care about stuff or are jaded. People aren't enjoying each other like they used to because of all the crazy things in the world.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those "long posts" make people on the forum bored. There's a lot of stuff going on that gives invitation to pride and causes users to argue with each other. Hence why you don't see people being edified. Another thing is we're in a time where people are showing they don't care about stuff or are jaded. People aren't enjoying each other like they used to because of all the crazy things in the world.
Amen STL! "The love of many shall grow cold"... the coldness has seeped in fast, even Christians not caring and falling away from "good works".
He is at the door for sure.

Reactions: amadeus

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

O'Darby beat you to the punch:

The honest answer for most people is: mental masturbation.

Fellowship? Hardly. Exchange of ideas? BWAHAHA. Hearing myself talk? Bingo.

Oh, yes, those awful "long" posts, meaning anything over 20 words. The fact is, thanks to technology most people today have the attention span of a newborn baby and about the same level of intelligence.

• Love
Reactions: Nancy

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Oh, yes, those awful "long" posts, meaning anything over 20 words. The fact is, thanks to technology most people today have the attention span of a newborn baby and about the same level of intelligence.
agreed!

I think evil mostly lives here.

Reactions: O'Darby and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
agreed!

Evil lives everywhere anymore! Where better for it to live than Christian sites and churches. We must be discerning soldiers of the cross. So to get true discernment we all really, really NEED to read and study the word of God...there is no other way that I can see.
Blessings.

• Love
Reactions: Pearl

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
agreed!

"Evil" would be pretty strong. Internet forums do tend to bring out the worst of human nature (hmmm ... maybe "evil" isn't too strong :)). I think people here mostly mean well - but they have such different understandings of "meaning well" and what their purposes are that a wild-and-crazy bloodbath is almost inevitable.

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Even what might be a "good" long post I will often pass by after a quick glance, because there are no spaces between paragraphs or at least some kind of spacing to make for easier reading and understanding.

It does not need to meet the standards of a very precise, according-to-the-rules of grammar English teacher... But...! If it is a run-together single-spaced conglomeration... how many will apply the extra effort required to understand the writer's ideas? What is communication?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to be on this, and other forums, for many of the reasons others have already mentioned. Now, however, I truly try to be led by the Holy Spirit as to when to read and when to reply.

I am a tired old man, but I still am able to enjoy sharing what I believe or sometimes reading what others believe about the things of God. When people move too far away from that, I will seldom involve myself.

• Love

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to be on this, and other forums, for many of the reasons others have already mentioned. Now, however, I truly try to be led by the Holy Spirit as to when to read and when to reply.

I am a tired old man, but I still am able to enjoy sharing what I believe or sometimes reading what others believe about the things of God. When people move too far away from that, I will seldom involve myself.
What is your favorite subject?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is your favorite subject?
Quite honestly, "favorite," in regard to God and the things of God, is a word I have tried not to apply for many years.

Why? Because as God is no respecter of persons, I believe Him to also be no respecter of things unless He has specifically indicated otherwise. I, of course, have fallen short on this, as with many other things, but God is not finished with me yet. I still have time.

• Love