What did you plan to be when you were young vs. what you turned out to be?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Fun overload!!! Was reading about the hidden norse language. Icelandic. Pretty cool. Doesn't seem like they shared in plain language.
Norse, of course! My dad's best friend's name was Norman. My family tree goes back to Normandy, circa 1500. At the time, it was in a Franc province.
My parent's firstborn was named, "Frank." He died during childbirth. One year to the day later, their next child was born. Guess what his name is? I'm not joking, it's "Norman."
I believe the Lord showed me a place on the north shore of Lake Erie that I may one day be involved with. It's called, "Normandale."
One might say, "His best friend was named Norman. Or his brother was named Frank. Who, btw, flew a Spitfire over London and shot down German night bombers. While my teenaged dad put out the fires below.
I've decided to use my first name, "Truman." I used to get teased about it as a kid when my friends found out about it. I was always ashamed of it. The movie, "The Truman Show," didn't help things. Jim Carey grew up about 15 miles from me.
My favorite musician/worship leader is a guy named, "Kevin Prosch." He's gone through a lot of what I've gone through, personally. My favorite albums of his are, "Palanquin, Creatures, and Reckless Mercy." They help me, "enter in." He used to lead in the Vineyard. Have you ever heard of him?
Nice talking with you again. ttyl. Truman. :)

Reactions: Tone and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Norse, of course! My dad's best friend's name was Norman. My family tree goes back to Normandy, circa 1500. At the time, it was in a Franc province.
My parent's firstborn was named, "Frank." He died during childbirth. One year to the day later, their next child was born. Guess what his name is? I'm not joking, it's "Norman."
I believe the Lord showed me a place on the north shore of Lake Erie that I may one day be involved with. It's called, "Normandale."
One might say, "His best friend was named Norman. Or his brother was named Frank. Who, btw, flew a Spitfire over London and shot down German night bombers. While my teenaged dad put out the fires below.
I've decided to use my first name, "Truman." I used to get teased about it as a kid when my friends found out about it. I was always ashamed of it. The movie, "The Truman Show," didn't help things. Jim Carey grew up about 15 miles from me.
My favorite musician/worship leader is a guy named, "Kevin Prosch." He's gone through a lot of what I've gone through, personally. My favorite albums of his are, "Palanquin, Creatures, and Reckless Mercy." They help me, "enter in." He used to lead in the Vineyard. Have you ever heard of him?
Nice talking with you again. ttyl. Truman. :)

I think my mind is mush because I'm not reading this all too well. LOL I'll catch up though. Have a great day. :)

Reactions: Tone and Truman

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always loved music. But i did like the idea of being a vet. Now I'm nothing and i don't have a future anymore....

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you are an eagle in Jesus name. :) My pastor tells us this all the time at church.

“How can we picture God’s kingdom? What kind of story can we use? It’s like a pine nut. When it lands on the ground it is quite small as seeds go, yet once it is planted it grows into a huge pine tree with thick branches. Eagles nest in it.”
Mark 4:30‭-‬32 MSG

Could be a beautiful swan too mistaken as quack. :)

Hey, I'm the Green Eagle too!

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always loved music. But i did like the idea of being a vet. Now I'm nothing and don't have a future anymore....

I used to feel that way too. I was lily "00" for a reason. But God gives grace and declares freedom to the captives. I'll keep you in prayer sister. You have greatness inside of you. Search it out!!!!

Reactions: lilygrace

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wanted to live in the woods and be a professional outdoorsman. Either a writer or tournament fisherman, or something else. I changed my mind a lot.
I worked a lot of factory jobs for years. Never was totally happy there.
Turns out I do live in the woods and I tan hides for a living. God is good.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm so tired. Hadn't slept well lately, but I'll have to read this thread a little closer tomorrow. I think this is really cool thread, Fluff :)
Haha I'm enjoying a lot of the responses :D
I may sing too much sometimes, but I love the Lord with all my heart.

I feel like a train wreck today. Please pray I get some good rest. My mind doesn't turn off easy and then my 9 month old was hungry. He usually isn't at night. I can't nap with these two. LOL

No such thing!

551md3.jpg

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always loved music. But i did like the idea of being a vet. Now I'm nothing and i don't have a future anymore....
It's only a season in life that comes for all of us, some of us quite a few times. I think a lot of the people on here would give a nod to that, but we all get set in the time of standing around in stagnant water with question marks over our head thinking "what the bleepdeedoo is this mess?" Those are our faith moments.

It puts us through a lot of times of waiting, uncertainty, and not a lot of reassurance. God is there, though.

But move around a little or wait for the wind to pick up again, and it will start moving. Sometimes it will come around fast.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My son said something a few years ago. "When I'm done with school and working at the job I need instead of the job that I actually wanted to do..." (Not sure where he got that idea from.)

I wanted to be a fashion designer. It was my big giant dream to go to The Art Institute of Seattle and eventually end up in Paris but I never actually did because I ended up pregnant instead, so I turned into a mom. I am still sewing, though. Just as part of being a mom.

Now I'm glad I didn't because I realize how unoriginal and cliche that is.

What about you?

I wanted to be "Dr. Love." Thank God that didn't happen, LoL.

In the end, there's no desire in me other than simply to train the end-time army of God in how to use their weapons...

and beat the Devil's head in with them, LoL.

Last edited:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the end, there's no desire in me other than simply to train the end-time army of God in how to use their weapons...

and beat the Devil's head in with them, LoL.

Reminds me of a story one of my old pastors told us.. Looked it up to see if I could find it...

Old Lady and the Atheist

There was a little old lady who would come out every morning on the steps of her front porch, raise her arms to the sky and shout, “Praise the Lord!”

Well, one day an atheist moved into the house next door. Over time, he became irritated at the little old lady. So every morning he would step out onto his front porch and yell after her, “There is no God!”

Time passes with the two of them carrying on this way every day. Then one morning in the middle of winter, the little old lady stepped onto her front porch and shouted, “Praise the Lord! Lord, I have no food and I am hungry. Please provide for me, oh Lord!”

The next morning she stepped onto her porch and there were two huge bags of groceries sitting there. “Praise the Lord!” she cried out. “He has provided groceries for me!” The atheist jumped out of the hedges and shouted, “There is no Lord. I bought those groceries!” The little old lady threw her arms into the air and shouted, “Praise the Lord! He has provided me with groceries and He made the devil pay for them!”

Copied from here

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice. God gifts in mysterious ways. Keep following where he leads and you may witness wonderful prosperity and joy.:)

Hard to know where God leads though. Good to have wise council. I have a good church to do that. Prayers for prosperity and joy to you also sister. Keep seeking God and His leading.

It is definitely something I desire, to follow where God leads and His lifelong benefits. It is not always easy to know where God is leading though with a God gift.

@lilygrace I just wanted to give you a hug. I know those are hard feelings to have. How are you feeling today?

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hard to know where God leads though. Good to have wise council. I have a good church to do that. Prayers for prosperity and joy to you also sister. Keep seeking God and His leading.

It is definitely something I desire, to follow where God leads and His lifelong benefits. It is not always easy to know where God is leading though with a God gift.

@lilygrace I just wanted to give you a hug. I know those are hard feelings to have. How are you feeling today?
*hugs*
sorry if i was depressing. but yeah i just dont feel i have a future. i try to do things to better myself but yeah. idk. im okay.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*hugs*
sorry if i was depressing. but yeah i just dont feel i have a future. i try to do things to better myself but yeah. idk. im okay.

Believe the Word no matter your feelings. Satan wants to take that Word from your heart. Word is the seed. Guard your heart with all diligence.

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord , “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
Jeremiah 29:11 NIV

Reactions: Tone and lilygrace

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wanted: Marry, have children, study in the medical field, researcher, investigator, study law, study scirpture, teach, write a book, live on a farm and have a horse...

Have done all, but, my horse is not what I pictured. The horse I ended up with is a mechanical horse that requires ten cents to get her moving.