What Did You Think Of " The Passion Of The Christ " Movie ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
I know that it has been a long while since this movie came out, but what did you guys think about it ? I was only able to watch half of it because it was so raw and graphic.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it was well written and had good actors. I not really into dwelling on the torture of Jesus. It was hard to watch. I will not watch it again.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
I think it was well written and had good actors. I not really into dwelling on the torture of Jesus. It was hard to watch. I will not watch it again.
Yeah I agree, it was difficult to watch. I wonder though if I would be a better Christian if I would keep in the fore front the agony He went through for me.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
I thought it was good even though it contained some small bits that were not scriptural. Many struggled emotionally when faced with the visual picture of Jesus enduring the punishment of our sin.
After reading the reviews in the paper and how the media reacted it was very apparent that the world still hates Jesus. I sent a letter to the editor of the local newspaper but I think it was ignored because the negative comments continued to be published, with some calling it "the gospel according to Mel".

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it was based on the vision of a Catholic mystic, not the Bible

Jul 6, 2011
aspen2,
Well, it was based on the vision of a Catholic mystic, not the Bible
No it was based on the Bible. It had the odd bit of drama in as well.

Very good indeed. Horrific though. Whilst others were crucfied horrifically as well of course Jesus took upon Him the sin of the world so in this respect the raw and graphic torture was something to reflect on.

I have dipped back to watch bits a number of times.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aspen2,
No it was based on the Bible. It had the odd bit of drama in as well.

Very good indeed. Horrific though. Whilst others were crucfied horrifically as well of course Jesus took upon Him the sin of the world so in this respect the raw and graphic torture was something to reflect on.

I have dipped back to watch bits a number of times.

The film the passion of the Christ was based on the vision of a 19th Century nun sister Catherine Emmerlich known as the "The Delorous Passion of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Jul 6, 2011
Aspen2,
You cant say it wasnt based on the Bible, in the Bible Jesus Christ was arrested tried, sourged, crucified and rose again was He not? Thats the theme of the passion. The interpretation of it may have been from a nun, but don't say it isnt based on the Bible.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen2,
You cant say it wasnt based on the Bible, in the Bible Jesus Christ was arrested tried, sourged, crucified and rose again was He not? Thats the theme of the passion. The interpretation of it may have been from a nun, but don't say it isnt based on the Bible.

I am not trying criticize it - I am just trying to be accurate. Of course, the nun who had the vision was steeped in the Bible - all nuns are.

lawrance

Mar 30, 2011
I know that it has been a long while since this movie came out, but what did you guys think about it ? I was only able to watch half of it because it was so raw and graphic.
I like to see the raw and graphic, because that is what i see everyday with peoples sinful ways darkening the day..
That is what people do, is it not ? it's an insult. and if they only could have the guts to see their handy work, they may see them self doing the same to Christ.
So i say have a good look and remember it full on.
God loves the sinner but hates the sin.