What distinguishes a "Protestant?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obviously you have not learned the many many scriptures that teach HOW a man BECOMES good. And why what was NOT GOOD, can BECOME GOOD.

Luke 23
[50] And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counseller; and he was a good man, and a just:
No - Joseph wasn't good. GOD dwelling IN him was good.
BIG difference . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well there was no need for me to say what isn't so.
Obviously another thing you do not comprehend is the difference between "refute" and "not bothering with explaining my Doctrine, from my Holy Father....when your Doctrine is from your holy father."
If the Doctrine of MY Holy Father is your interest....it is in Scripture....no need for me to read it to you......
You have show you are capable of reading....
It is comprehension you lack.
You want help with that....go find you a teacher willing to put up with your snarky arrogance...

I'm not interested.
No - you're not ABLE.
BIG difference, sparky . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL...it was a quote of John...not a pharisee.

LOL
CONTEXT, my ignorant friend.
Remember, Satan quoted Scripture, too - and he got it just as WRONG as you and Dave L . . .

Oh, uhhhhh . . . "LOL".

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - Joseph wasn't good. GOD dwelling IN him was good.
BIG difference . . .

Luke 23 Gospel of God speaker
[50] And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a counseller; and he was a good man, and a just:

BOL - cradle Catholic gospel of Catholics speaker
No - Joseph wasn't good.

Thank you for sharing your confession of Rejecting Scripture....Not shocking.

dwelling IN him was good.
BIG difference . . .

LOL...thank you for sharing
Joseph was indwelt with God, something scripture does not say.

The fact is Scripture reveals the Facts about Joseph... but then....you reveal you reject Scripture.

Agree there IS a big difference between YOU and JOSEPH....and YOU and LUKE....and YOU and me.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your confusion is caused by your immense arrogance and spiritual pride.
The apostles didn't possess this. they humbled themselves before God AND their readers and admitted their weakness.

Romans 7 is ALL about Paul's weakness in sin - but somehow, YOU have been able to achieve what even Paul wasn't able to.
Is that it??

LOL...It is not arrogant or prideful to know you reject Scripture and I reject your teaching.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - you're not ABLE.
BIG difference, sparky . . .

I suppose it is difficult with your ego so puffed up to comprehend I am not interested in being your teacher. Now go sit in the corner and pout. LOL

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CONTEXT, my ignorant friend.
Remember, Satan quoted Scripture, too - and he got it just as WRONG as you and Dave L . . .

Oh, uhhhhh . . . "LOL".

Oh....uh dunce in the corner.....

Who cares if Satan can quote Scripture?

Who cares if You can quote Scripture?

What has escaped you....is Satan nor you have the Understanding of Scripture...

At least I don't see Satan here DENYING Scripture.....like you.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. At the same time, the stance of a Protestant (and this could also include all non-Catholics, whether Protestant or not) is summed up in the Five Solas of the Reformation:

The Five Solas are:
  1. Sola Scriptura (“Scripture alone”): The Bible alone is our highest authority.
  2. Sola Fide (“faith alone”): We are saved through faith alone in Jesus Christ.
  3. Sola Gratia (“grace alone”): We are saved by the grace of God alone.
  4. Solus Christus (“Christ alone”): Jesus Christ alone is our Lord, Savior, and King.
  5. Soli Deo Gloria (“to the glory of God alone”): We live for the glory of God alone.
Technically Protestants are those who are members of the Reformed Churches, which include the Reformed congregations (calling themselves Reformed), Presbyterians, Lutherans, Anglicans/Episcopalians. The Methodists came out of the Anglicans. But many (if not most) mainline churches have seriously departed from the original Protestant position because of theological liberalism.

This is a good example of slapping a NAMETAG on oneself....tomorrow it can deviate and then a NEW NAMETAG is required.....but, but, but....does that mean one has to go to EVERY person they revealed "their" NAMETAG "TO" and correct the facts with them? LOL

And if one does NOT slap a NAMETAG on themselves......NO PROBLEM....there are plenty of "arrogant" "lying" men...without ones consent...WHO are more than WILLING to slap a NAMETAG on others.

Eh, probably one more thing we can Credit the Catholics with.....

Baby born, laying innocently in it's cradle...
And without their knowledge....understanding...or consent...
They get "their" NAMETAG...

BABY YOU ARE A CATHOLIC...
spit, gurgle, cry....LOL

God Bless,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh....uh dunce in the corner.....
Who cares if Satan can quote Scripture?
Who cares if You can quote Scripture?
What has escaped you....is Satan nor you have the Understanding of Scripture...

At least I don't see Satan here DENYING Scripture.....like you.
That's just it, Einstein - I didn't deny Scripture.
I simply showed you guys that you need to read it in CONTEXT with the rest of Scripture.

Keep studying - you'll get there . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's just it, Einstein - I didn't deny Scripture.

LOL...deny then lie....plainly revealed in your own words.

I simply showed

No you didn't. You simply stated complete denial of accepting the Scriptural truth.

you guys that you need to read it in CONTEXT with the rest of Scripture.

Already know the CONTEXT....and already mentioned that....it has nothing to do with you flat out rejecting Scripture and then claiming you didn't....wiggle, wiggle.

Oh and not to forget...your typical and famous behavior of calling out a list of snarky names, as if...that is supposed to make your rejection of Scripture valid.... LOL

BOL...Your little tactics are not new....rather a forum JOKE...and BTW reflects greatly on the Catholic church, which you have self appointed yourself to represent.

UGH!

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The Original HOUSE of GOD...was built by man, according to Gods Instruction, Design and Gods Word, rules, doctrine, teaching.

For Centuries....it is no more ^^^^ that.
A man-made church, is established with man-made Design of the Structure...man-made....RULES, DOCTRINE, TEACHING.

I have had several professing Catholics tell me....they were BORN Catholic....and some claim as a babe in their cradle...their Parents made them Catholic....:D

Never heard a Protestant CLAIM they were, naturally 'born" a Protestant.... :)

It simply all hangs on what man-made Churches TEACH....and which individual men CHOOSE to FOLLOW and be YOKED WITH.

Me, I favor Christ's Church...that has no sticks, brick and mortar and man-made rules and doctrine......and IMO, Christ's Church is truly thee House of God.

Glory to God,
Taken
Well yes ok with all that maybe so, but if you say for Centuries it was no more than that ? well no ! because such a position would reject the Holy Spirit.

I believe that some people have been Born Again and such has been going on now for 2000 years, sure the con jobs have always been their right from the Serpent trying to lead one astray and one can see that power in every Church, even many a Priest is of Satan. working to there own ends or rotten organisation.

Not to mention that the Temple, Jesus points out what the true Temple truly is in fact, remember the 3 days ? who can truly build God a Temple ?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - I simply understand it - where YOU don't . . .

Deny then lie about it....

That reveals understanding about how you operate.

And ^^ THAT has ZIP to do with the understanding of WHY Joseph was called GOOD.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well yes ok with all that maybe so, but if you say for Centuries it was no more than that ? well no ! because such a position would reject the Holy Spirit.

It the same old story. God provides something Good and men from every angle corrupt it. And then God provides another way. Jesus is our perfection and can not be corrupted by men.

I believe that some people have been Born Again and such has been going on now for 2000 years,

Well of course, and have not said otherwise.

sure the con jobs have always been their right from the Serpent trying to lead one astray and one can see that power in every Church, even many a Priest is of Satan. working to there own ends or rotten
Organization.

Not to mention that the Temple, Jesus points out what the true Temple truly is in fact, remember the 3 days ? who can truly build God a Temple ?

Point of that is; Gods House was to BE a House of Prayer.....TODAY? What overall Church resembles that? And agree, the Church/Temple within is brilliant, and indestructible.

God Bless,
Taken

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deny then lie about it....

That reveals understanding about how you operate.

And ^^ THAT has ZIP to do with the understanding of WHY Joseph was called GOOD.
Joseph was ONLY called "good" because of his cooperation with God who is the ONLY one who is "GOOD" (Mark 10:18, Luke 18-19).

Keep studying - you'll get there eventually . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, your understanding is quite clear...
No need to keep repeating yourself...
You reject the truth in Scripture.
No - I just don't make things up like YOU do . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL...deny then lie....plainly revealed in your own words.

No you didn't. You simply stated complete denial of accepting the Scriptural truth.

Already know the CONTEXT....and already mentioned that....it has nothing to do with you flat out rejecting Scripture and then claiming you didn't....wiggle, wiggle.

Oh and not to forget...your typical and famous behavior of calling out a list of snarky names, as if...that is supposed to make your rejection of Scripture valid.... LOL

BOL...Your little tactics are not new....rather a forum JOKE...and BTW reflects greatly on the Catholic church, which you have self appointed yourself to represent.

UGH!
No - context is NEVER your friend because you invent bizarre doctrines based on cherry-picking of Scripture.