What distinguishes a "Protestant?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is a person saved according to your church's teaching?

According to Christ's Church teaching.

If they are wrong on this, perhaps they are wrong on everything else too?

There is NO "THEY". It's Christ's Church, He is the Head, the Teacher.

It is my choice, to TRUST Christ and His Teaching.

It is your choice, to "WONDER" and "DOUBT"...

What YOU Choose, has nothing to do with MY Choices.

How about their (His teaching of) treatment of women?

Simple. Love all people. Women are people.

Threatening loss of salvation over trimming split ends or cutting their hair? Any comments on this appreciated.

His Teaching is clear...He OFFERS Salvation. Any Person who accepts His OFFER, shall receive HIS Salvation.

Hair...What you eat...What you wear....What your name is...What your skin color is....What your is gender is...What your Nation citizenship is....Where you live....How much money you have...etc....

HAS NOtHING TO DO WITH HIS OFFER nor ARE those things a Consideration for the Acceptance of HIS OFFER.

IF YOUR CHURCH, teaching about HAIR as a condition for Salvation....NO CLUE...WHO IS "THEIR" SAVIOR....and don't care.

Glory to God,
Taken

D

Dave L

According to Christ's Church teaching.

There is NO "THEY". It's Christ's Church, He is the Head, the Teacher.

It is my choice, to TRUST Christ and His Teaching.

It is your choice, to "WONDER" and "DOUBT"...

What YOU Choose, has nothing to do with MY Choices.

Simple. Love all people. Women are people.

His Teaching is clear...He OFFERS Salvation. Any Person who accepts His OFFER, shall receive HIS Salvation.

Hair...What you eat...What you wear....What your name is...What your skin color is....What your is gender is...What your Nation citizenship is....Where you live....How much money you have...etc....

HAS NOtHING TO DO WITH HIS OFFER nor ARE those things a Consideration for the Acceptance of HIS OFFER.

IF YOUR CHURCH, teaching about HAIR as a condition for Salvation....NO CLUE...WHO IS "THEIR" SAVIOR....and don't care.

Glory to God,
Taken
I think you have a lot to hide by giving evasive answers. Anyone can search United Pentecostal Church errors and learn for themselves.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think you have a lot to hide by giving evasive answers. Anyone can search United Pentecostal Church errors and learn for themselves.
Experiences and feelings need indeed to be measured by Biblical truth; rather than Biblical truth being supposedly measured by experiences and feelings.

Reactions: Dave L
D

Dave L

WRONG.
Jesus disagrees with you (John 9:41).
“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.” (1 John 3:9–11) (KJV 1900)

It works like this. I begin each day asking God to forgive me for what I am. And then for him not to lead me into temptation. And then I censor all impure thoughts and imaginations before they become sin. Try it, if you have the Holy Spirit you can live above sin even though it remains at your heels.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God. In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.” (1 John 3:9–11) (KJV 1900)

It works like this. I begin each day asking God to forgive me for what I am. And then for him not to lead me into temptation. And then I censor all impure thoughts and imaginations before they become sin. Try it, if you have the Holy Spirit you can live above sin even though it remains at your heels.
Ahhhhhh, you you're one of those deeply confused people who actually believes that they don't sin anymore.
The Word of God proclaims that people like YOU have deceived yourselves and the truth is NOT in you (1 John 1:8).

In other words - you are a pharisee. They thought that THEY didn't sin either. This is what Jesus said to THEM:
John 9:41

"If you were blind, you would have no sin; but since you say, 'We see,' your sin remains."

Good luck with that . . .

D

Dave L

Ahhhhhh, you you're one of those deeply confused people who actually believes that they don't sin anymore.
The Word of God proclaims that people like YOU have deceived yourselves and the truth is NOT in you (1 John 1:8).

In other words - you are a pharisee. They thought that THEY didn't sin either. This is what Jesus said to THEM:
John 9:41

"If you were blind, you would have no sin; but since you say, 'We see,' your sin remains."

Good luck with that . . .
“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” (1 John 3:9) (KJV 1900)

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

^^^
A fine example of inability to divide the word of truth.

D

Dave L

No they are not.
If you do not glorify God, you rob him of his glory and take it upon yourself.

“And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.” (Acts 12:23) (KJV 1900)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I acknowledge your inability to comprehend express complete answers.

Your fixiation on the Pentecostal Church and excessive posts telling me about your fixiation is of zero interest to me. If I wanted to know about the Pentecostal Chruch, I would research them. I don't care what THEY DO !!

D

Dave L

I acknowledge your inability to comprehend express complete answers.

Your fixiation on the Pentecostal Church and excessive posts telling me about your fixiation is of zero interest to me. If I wanted to know about the Pentecostal Chruch, I would research them. I don't care what THEY DO !!
Yet you claim to be part of a sect you know nothing about?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not glorify God, you rob him of his glory and take it upon yourself.

Stay in CONTEXT...

We were talking about what works MEN DO.
And you said it was a sin for men to NOT do works to glorify God.

This Scripture is talking about what GOD DID and Herod claimed the Glory.

“And immediately the angel of the Lord smote him, because he gave not God the glory: and he was eaten of worms, and gave up the ghost.” (Acts 12:23) (KJV 1900)

Men can do Works that DO not glorify God.

Like you for example.... continuously making up lies and saying those lies are an others belief, when they are not.

IS that a SIN unto you?....because those works you do surely are NOT Glorifying to God.

Glory to God,
Taken

D

Dave L

Stay in CONTEXT...

We were talking about what works MEN DO.
And you said it was a sin for men to NOT do works to glorify God.

This Scripture is talking about what GOD DID and Herod claimed the Glory.

Men can do Works that DO not glorify God.

Like you for example.... continuously making up lies and saying those lies are an others belief, when they are not.

IS that a SIN unto you?....because those works you do surely are NOT Glorifying to God.

Glory to God,
Taken
Paul says whatever is not of faith is sin. This alone sorts out what you should and should not do.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet you claim to be part of a sect you know nothing about?

HOW Ignorant and utterly dense are you?

I have made no claim to be part of any mans-made sect.....

It is you who does the false claiming for me...

Where or where is Obamacare when a brain-transplant is desperately needed.....lol ...sheesh!

D

Dave L

HOW Ignorant and utterly dense are you?

I have made no claim to be part of any mans-made sect.....

It is you who does the false claiming for me...

Where or where is Obamacare when a brain-transplant is desperately needed.....lol ...sheesh!
You said you were UPC. Is this not true?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul says whatever is not of faith is sin. This alone sorts out what you should and should not do.

Well how about you work on that...and maybe you can overcome your nature of fabricating lies.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said you were UPC. Is this not true?

No I never said that....YOU DID...

Why do yo I think I have been saying STOP speaking for other people?

QUOTE other peoples own words?

Stop lying and fabricating and making false claims for other people?

sheesh!!

D

Dave L

No I never said that....YOU DID...

Why do yo I think I have been saying STOP speaking for other people?

QUOTE other peoples own words?

Stop lying and fabricating and making false claims for other people?

sheesh!!
Are you affiliated with the UPC?