What Do The Book of Daniel DECEIVERS Present?!?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Biblical answer to your question - with the accompanying paralleling 2,300 Days prophecy, because both begin at the same time:
View attachment 6831

I didn't know you were Seventh-day Adventist

Problem is the 2300 evenings and mornings prophecy was 2300 actual days, not prophetic years and is connected to the reign of Antiochus Epiphanes IV the little horn out of one of the 4 generals of Greece (Daniel 8), years between 175 BC and 164 BC. The 2300 days was the Maccabean revolt 167 BC to 160 BC, an actual total of 6 1/3 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Earburner

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Earburner

Even though Daniel 9:27 is the Jewish revolt of 66 AD to 73 AD, it was a paradigm of the 2300 day prophecy of Daniel 8 of the Maccabean revolt 167 BC to 160 BC. Both of these are Great Tribulations for the Jewish people. Seeing as Matthew 24 speaks of Jesus coming "immediately after the tribulation of those days", there would be a third paradigm of the Book of Revelation. I can't close my mind to the end times.

29 “Immediately after the tribulation of those days the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 30 Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And He will send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together His elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... carefully test ...

... The blind leading the blind ...

The Medo/Persian Historical Record is COMPLETE. There is NO evidence of any Dual Monarchy.
Daniel 8 says Kings (plural) of the Medes and the Persians. So who are these TWO Medo/Persian Kings?

History accounts for the division of Alexander's empire between FIVE Generals.
Daniel 8 says there are FOUR Conspicuous Horns.

Antiochus IV Epiphanes was a Hellenistic Greek king of the Seleucid Empire from 175 BC until his death in 164 BC = 11 years
Daniel 8 says 2,300 days = 6.3 years

We can go on all day about the discrepancies between the LIES of the commentators (as promulgated through ignorance here in this Forum and elsewhere) versus both Scripture and History, -- but the blind cannot see, and the deaf cannot hear. So why waste the effort?!?

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was the Maccabean revolt against Antiochus Epiphanes IV from 167 BC to 160 BC.

If doctrines were converted to "distance", then your doctrine would be further than Pluto, and the "ballpark" would be Yankee Stadium, -- on earth.

Bobby Jo

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If doctrines were converted to "distance", then your doctrine would be further than Pluto, and the "ballpark" would be Yankee Stadium, -- on earth.

Bobby Jo

Think about it. The little horn out of one of the 4 generals after Alexander the Great was Antiochus Ephiphanes the IV. He defiled the Jewish temple by sacrificing a pig on the altar to Zeus. The Maccabean revolt was to cleanse this abomination. The revolt lasted 2300 days, 6 1/3 years.

Catch my fly ball!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The little horn out of one of the 4 generals after Alexander the Great was Antiochus Ephiphanes the IV.
Antiochus was only A TYPE of the actual Little Horn. People tend to confuse Antiochus with the Antichrist, when only the first four letters of his name match. The characteristics of the Little Horn are those of the Man of Sin, the Son of Perdition, the Beast, who is the Antichrist.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you will notice, I am "liking" what you have said about the 2300 day time frame of the "little horn" as being the Antiochus Epiphanes, who committed the "AoD", and Judas Maccabeus as being the prince who restored/cleansed the temple.
In the above, please notice where my emphasis is.
It's on the acts of Antiochus Epiphanes and Judas Maccabeus, concerning the Temple.
Both are "types" to Him who was the "anti-type".
The key word there is "Temple".
Is there anyone else that you know of, whereby those acts, in "type", took place in "anti-type"?
You DO KNOW, but you could be afraid of your "thought" process of who it is!
Here is the clue: John 2:19-21.
Now please remember Isaiah 55:8-9, as you "think" on that, and do not be fearful of what the Holy Spirit shall reveal to you!
Can you say His Name?

Are you shocked??

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't know you were Seventh-day Adventist

Problem is the 2300 evenings and mornings prophecy was 2300 actual days, not prophetic years and spans the reign of Antiochus Epiphanes IV the little horn out of one of the 4 general of Greece, 6 1/3 years between 175 BC and 164 BC.
Hey, CL! Here's why scholars start counting the 2,300 from 457 B.C. and I'm interested in what you have to say:

In Daniel 8, when the prophet is anticipating the Hebrew captives returning home in a few years, he gets another vision. He understands all of it, except one part that totally turns his world upside down - the "2,300 Days". Key point: the word "vision" used to refer to the 2,300 Days portion of is exclusively "mareh".

Question: In finding out there would be another 2,300 days of bad times for his people, would Daniel's world have turned upside down if the days meant literally another measly 6.5 years -- or -- a prophetically, mind blowing two thousand three hundred years?
Answer: The answer is obvious.

Question: Does Gabriel come in chapter 9 to specifically explain Daniel's confusion about the 2300 Days "mareh" in chapter 8?
Answer: "...therefore, understand the matter and consider the "mareh".

Question: After Gabriel tells Daniel to consider the 2,300 "mareh", where does he begin his explanation?
Answer: "Seventy Weeks are amputated..."

Question: Amputated from what?
Answer: Contextually, the only other time period available: the 2,300 Days. The 70 Weeks are a smaller time period which is amputated form the larger, the 2,300 Days. The 70 Weeks are linked prophetically to the 2,300 Days.

Question: All agree the 70 Weeks are symbolic for 490 literal years, so what are the 2,300 Days?
Answer: It only makes sense that they are symbolic days, or literal years, as well.

Question: When does the 2,300 Days begin?
Answer: At the same time the 70 Weeks begin - 457 B.C. according to Ezra 7, because the one is "amputated" from the other.

There are many reasons why the "little horn" of Daniel 8 cannot be Antiochus and if you'd like to explore them, I'm happy to. :)

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Problem is the 2300 evenings and mornings prophecy was 2300 actual days...
You won't get the SDAs to admit that since it would totally undermine their theology. 2300 days is 6 years and approximately 5 months, which is very close to the 7 years of Daniel's 70th week (which has absolutely nothing to do with Antiochus).

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Antiochus was only A TYPE of the actual Little Horn. People tend to confuse Antiochus with the Antichrist, when only the first four letters of his name match. The characteristics of the Little Horn are those of the Man of Sin, the Son of Perdition, the Beast, who is the Antichrist.

No, there are paradigms. 70 AD was the middle of 166 AD to 173 AD Jewish revolt (one week/7 years), and is a paradigm of the Maccabean revolt of 167 BC to 160 BC. There will still be another little horn in the future, the Antichrist, which will be a paradigm of the other two.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Question: All agree the 70 Weeks are symbolic for 490 years, so what are the 2,300 Days?
Answer: Symbolic years, as well.
FALSE. "Seventy weeks" is literally "seventy SEVENS" (Heb shabua = heptads, which can mean either a week of days or a week of years. Check any lexicon you like. The entire prophecy of Daniel's 70 weeks confirms that those are weeks of years, thus 70 x 7 = 490 years.

At the same time the days are literally days because from both Daniel and Revelation: 1260 days = 42 months = 3 1/2 years = times (1 yr) + times (2 years) + half a time (six months). Thus 2300 days = 6 years and approx 5 months), and 3 1/2 years is about half of that.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think about it. The little horn out of one of the 4 generals after Alexander the Great ...
World history cites the division of Alexander’s empire into five parts:

“Antipater taking Macedonia and Greece, Lysimachus Thrace, Antigonus Asia Minor, Selecucs Babylonea, and Ptolemy Egypt.”[1]

[1] Durant, Will, Story of Civilization: Part I, Simon and Schuster, NY, 1954, pp. 557-558

This division lasted some 40 years until Lysimachus took Antipater's Macedonia and Greece.

I've already done the research, and it started with Dan. 12:4 & 9. Perhaps you should start there also.

Bobby Jo

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, CL! Here's why scholars start counting the 2,300 from 457 B.C. and I'm interested in what you have to say:

In Daniel 8, when the prophet is anticipating the Hebrew captives returning home in a few years, he gets another vision. He understands all of it, except one part that totally turns his world upside down - the "2,300 Days". Key point: the word "vision" used to refer to the 2,300 Days portion of is exclusively "mareh".

Question: In finding out there would be another 2,300 days of bad times for his people, would Daniel's world have turned upside down if the days meant literally another measly 6.5 years -- or -- a prophetically, mind blowing two thousand three hundred years?
Answer: The answer is obvious.

Question: Does Gabriel come in chapter 9 to specifically explain Daniel's confusion about the 2300 Days "mareh" in chapter 8?
Answer: "...therefore, understand the matter and consider the "mareh".

Question: After Gabriel tells Daniel to consider the 2,300 "mareh", where does he begin his explanation?
Answer: "Seventy Weeks are amputated..."

Question: Amputated from what?
Answer: Contextually, the only other time period available: the 2,300 Days. The 70 Weeks are a smaller time period which is amputated form the larger, the 2,300 Days. The 70 Weeks are linked prophetically to the 2,300 Days.

Question: All agree the 70 Weeks are symbolic for 490 literal years, so what are the 2,300 Days?
Answer: It only makes sense that they are symbolic days, or literal years, as well.

Question: When does the 2,300 Days begin?
Answer: At the same time the 70 Weeks begin - 457 B.C. according to Ezra 7, because the one is "amputated" from the other.

There are many reasons why the "little horn" of Daniel 8 cannot be Antiochus and if you'd like to explore them, I'm happy to. :)

I'll repeat my answer to Enoch.

"No, there are paradigms. 70 AD was the middle of 166 AD to 173 AD Jewish revolt (one week/7 years), and is a paradigm of the Maccabean revolt of 167 BC to 160 BC. There will still be another little horn in the future, the Antichrist, which will be a paradigm of the other two."

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
World history cites the division of Alexander’s empire into five parts:

“Antipater taking Macedonia and Greece, Lysimachus Thrace, Antigonus Asia Minor, Selecucs Babylonea, and Ptolemy Egypt.”[1]

[1] Durant, Will, Story of Civilization: Part I, Simon and Schuster, NY, 1954, pp. 557-558

This division lasted some 40 years until Lysimachus took Antipater's Macedonia and Greece.

I've already done the research, and it started with Dan. 12:4 & 9. Perhaps you should start there also.

Bobby Jo

Paradigms are repeated when it is very important, such as the end times