What Do The Book of Daniel DECEIVERS Present?!?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good night everyone. Thank you Bobby Jo for posting this subject. It has been enlightening. I still have some more studying to do, so maybe I'll get more to add to my knowledge later.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Phoneman777

Jesuit ideas? It is just plain old fashioned history. Besides, I'm not Catholic. :)

I was raised SDA, so immediately recognized your graph. You might want to think for yourself by the Spirit.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good night everyone. Thank you Bobby Jo for posting this subject. It has been enlightening. I still have some more studying to do, so maybe I'll get more to add to my knowledge later.

Actually I quit "posting" on the OP. I'm merely denying LUDICROUS doctrines. If I were Posting, I'd be providing information on the OP, but it seems that people are happier having their ears tickled.

Bobby Jo

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FALSE. "Seventy weeks" is literally "seventy SEVENS" (Heb shabua = heptads, which can mean either a week of days or a week of years. Check any lexicon you like. The entire prophecy of Daniel's 70 weeks confirms that those are weeks of years, thus 70 x 7 = 490 years.

At the same time the days are literally days because from both Daniel and Revelation: 1260 days = 42 months = 3 1/2 years = times (1 yr) + times (2 years) + half a time (six months). Thus 2300 days = 6 years and approx 5 months), and 3 1/2 years is about half of that.
The problem with this...other than the fact that is does not eliminate the possibility the heptads are "days" to which the "day/year" principle would apply...is that how do you amputate 490 years from 6.5 years? Impossible.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with this...other than the fact that is does not eliminate the possibility the heptads are "days" to which the "day/year" principle would apply...is that how do you amputate 490 years from 6.5 years? Impossible.

They have nothing to do with each other! Two different prophecies. Only SDA's got them combined.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Phoneman777

Jesuit ideas? It is just plain old fashioned history. Besides, I'm not Catholic. :)

I was raised SDA, so immediately recognized your graph. You might want to think for yourself by the Spirit.
The implication that I'm brainwashed doesn't bother me, but what does is that you've not provided any argument as to why any of that Q & A is wrong.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The implication that I'm brainwashed doesn't bother me, but what does is that you've not provided any argument as to why any of that Q & A is wrong.

You have combined the start date for the 490 years with the 2300 day prophecy. Wrong. Two different prophecies. The start of the 490 years was during Medea Persia, and the start of the 2300 was during the world reign of Greece.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They have nothing to do with each other! Two different prophecies. Only SDA's got them combined.
Really? Gabriel comes to explain the 2,300 by immediately launching into the revelation about the 70, yet they have "nothing to do with each other"?

And what are the 70 amputated from? Thin air?

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The start of the 490 years was during Medea Persia, and the start of the 2300 was during the world reign of Greece.
The start of the 490 was in 457 B.C. when Artaxerxes gave command to "restore and build Jerusalem".

Since they're amputated from the 2,300, they start in 457 B.C. as well.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The following repost was meant for CharismaticLady, but I forgot to list her name:

Reposted-
If you will notice, I am "liking" what you have said about the 2300 day time frame of the "little horn" as being the Antiochus Epiphanes, who committed the "AoD", and Judas Maccabeus as being the prince who restored/cleansed the temple.
In the above, please notice where my emphasis is.
It's on the acts of Antiochus Epiphanes and Judas Maccabeus, concerning the Temple.
Both are "types" to Him who was the "anti-type".
The key word there is "Temple".
Is there anyone else that you know of, whereby those acts, in "type", took place in "anti-type"?
You DO KNOW, but you could be afraid of your "thought" process of who it is!
Here is the clue: John 2:19-21.
Now please remember Isaiah 55:8-9, as you "think" on that, and do not be fearful of what the Holy Spirit shall reveal to you!
Can you say His Name?

Are you shocked??

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The start of the 490 was in 457 B.C. when Artaxerxes gave command to "restore and build Jerusalem".

Okay, I'll check out Gabriel and get back to you. Right now it is storming and I'm going to bed. I love to sleep in thunder.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There are two dates for Artexerses. One is 444 BC. But I think 457 BC is becoming more popular. Out of 4 decrees, only one includes the streets and wall.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think about it. The little horn out of one of the 4 generals after Alexander the Great was Antiochus Ephiphanes the IV. He defiled the Jewish temple by sacrificing a pig on the altar to Zeus. The Maccabean revolt was to cleanse this abomination. The revolt lasted 2300 days, 6 1/3 years.

Catch my fly ball!
The little horn doesn't come out of the four horns, but the four winds. Check noun/pronoun gender agreement and you'll see.

Besides, Antiochus cannot even stand in the same room with the likes of Artaxerxes, Cyrus, Darius, or Alexander the Gr8, yet somehow he's "exceeding great" beyond those guys? He was a world class chump.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two dates for Artexerses. One is 444 BC. But I think 457 BC is becoming more popular. Out of 4 decrees, only one includes the streets and wall.
444 is merely a "re-enstatement" of his original decree, once he was satisfied the Israelites were on the level. The decree went out in 457 B.C. :)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
444 is merely a "re-enstatement" of his original decree, once he was satisfied the Israelites were on the level. The decree went out in 457 B.C. :)

Yes, it was decreed in 457 BC, but not acted upon until 444 BC. Good to know the particulars.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The little horn doesn't come out of the four horns, but the four winds. Check noun/pronoun gender agreement and you'll see.

Besides, Antiochus cannot even stand in the same room with the likes of Artaxerxes, Cyrus, Darius, or Alexander the Gr8, yet somehow he's "exceeding great" beyond those guys? He was a world class chump.

No read it again. The four winds are four directions - north, south, east and west. The generals were the four horns that divided Greece. The little horn came out of one of them toward the south, which included Israel. The horns are rulers.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...the "little horn" as being the Antiochus Epiphanes, who committed the "AoD"
Question: When Jesus referred to "the AoD spoken of by Daniel the prophet", did He put that event in the past or the future?

Answer: "When you see (in the near future) the AoD spoken of by Daniel the prophet..." The AoD was still future when Jesus was here and was committed by the Roman armies when they surrounded the city and planted their SUN GOD standards on the HOLY GROUND which surrounded the city and the temple.

Antiochus in no way was the fulfillment o the AoD, as our Savior plainly states.