What Do You Personally Think About Heaven ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Or what do you think of when you think of Heaven ?

I know we really have know way of knowing all the details til we get there.

I know Revelations 21 describes the New Jerusalem and I can hardly wait.
I was also taught after 1,000 years we will be here in the newly restored earth for all eternity.

Wow.

But I sometimes imagine little details. Like the food will be the most delicious. AND THE COLORS! Especially the colors for some reason. I imagine they will be colors we have never seen before. I can hardly wait.

And here's a silly note. Since the food in Heaven will be like everything else in Heaven, perfect, there will be no need for bowel illumination. Guess it's the part of me that wishes to go into nursing ( I love this beautiful creation of our bodies God made ! ).
But since the food is perfect, that means every part of the food will be absorbed as nutrients for our bodies. There will be no useless parts of the food for it is perfect. Therefore illuminating the need for the removal of toxins and unused materials through bowel emptying.

Oh how my mind can wander....

Everything in Heaven is perfect.

I posted this somewhere here on this site, I can't remember where, but some people who have died and were allowed to come back, have reported that next to the utter feeling of being loved :wub: , the second most important thing they remember was the how beautiful the music and singing was. All singing praises to God. Like I said, I CAN HARDLY WAIT !!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
My Grandpa died not too long ago....he was such a wonderful godly man. I like imagining him up there in heaven, in Christ's presence, but also having the opportunity to talk to the saints we see in scripture. Can you imagine having a conversation with Paul? Or David, or John? How cool is that!

Other than that....like the OP....I also 'imagine' it having vivid colours...visually spectacular....although I suppose that I'm actually picturing our eternal dwelling there...the new earth.

My daughter likes to play a game "do you think......will be in heaven".....usually (becuase she's young) it's unicorns, or pet lions, flying horses, that sort of thing. Its quite fun to imagine....

I wonder what our relationship with God and Christ will be like. Will God 'walk' with us as he did with Adam and Eve? Will Christ be someone we hang with, talk with? Or will his presence be something we just 'feel'. I dunno....but so often in this broken life, this broken world....it can a a wonderful 'light at the end of the tunnel' thing to think about. We are saved in Jesus, and one day, all will be perfect.

Suhar

Mar 28, 2013
Western WA
[SIZE=medium]Believe it or not but I have been there. It was absolutely amazing experience given by God to the least deserving person.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]There is no time! There just isn’t any. I cannot describe absence of time because it cannot be done.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Light of God! I did not see God Himself, nobody can but I stood in the presence of His light. Being in the presence of God is not something I can describe either. I can only, and extremely insufficiently describe it as an absolute fulfillment! Absolutely everything is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Light of God and Light from God come from same source but they are not same. Light from God seems to go right through. It did not think of that at that time, to look behind me but I do not think it casts a shadow! Light from God is not like a beam. It is like molecules of air itself glow![/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]I was only there for few seconds. Saw people I needed to see, was given knowledge that I was supposed to receive and then… wham! I am back![/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]It has been more then six month now but God and experiences He gave me is all I can think about at every waking moment unless I am distracted by something.[/SIZE]

laid renard

Apr 2, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Since Heaven is perfect, I know there will be no need for auto-correct.

I tried to type "elimination" twice, and twice misspelled it by using an "I" instead of an "e."

As a result, auto-correct thought I was trying to type "illumination," and used it instead.

Why in the world would we need to have our bowels illuminated ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
laid renard said:
Why in the world would we need to have our bowels illuminated ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Have to admit, that had me scratching my head. Sort of sounds like what Suzanne Hinn (Benny Hinn's wife) was talking about when she preached on the holy ghost enema.

Marta

Mar 29, 2011
This is a very thought provoking, exciting question. I can imagine we will all be so relieved to be there and so grateful. We'll be so happy to see Jesus, the people we love here, and yes, I bet the food is amazing! :lol: :lol:

I think the people who have been really hurt and alone here on the earth will be surrounded with loving and caring folks in Heaven. They will never have to feel unhappy or lonely again. They will have all they need of friendship, love, companionship.

There will be so much beauty. Beauty of the landscape, and beauty of the souls they meet and the talks they share.

And that is just the tip of the tip of the iceberg. There are probably so many levels of happiness there.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i believe people have experienced God when they show me the peace of mind that only cmes from God. a pure faith in the power of God to redeem us, which cannot be derailed by man's judgment, sin, or blind corrections. Kingdom people are not desperate or afraid - they believe that God's love for humanity will triumpt - they are truly at peace.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
laid renard said:
Or what do you think of when you think of Heaven ?

I know we really have know way of knowing all the details til we get there.

I know Revelations 21 describes the New Jerusalem and I can hardly wait.
I was also taught after 1,000 years we will be here in the newly restored earth for all eternity.

Wow.

But I sometimes imagine little details. Like the food will be the most delicious. AND THE COLORS! Especially the colors for some reason. I imagine they will be colors we have never seen before. I can hardly wait.

And here's a silly note. Since the food in Heaven will be like everything else in Heaven, perfect, there will be no need for bowel illumination. Guess it's the part of me that wishes to go into nursing ( I love this beautiful creation of our bodies God made ! ).
But since the food is perfect, that means every part of the food will be absorbed as nutrients for our bodies. There will be no useless parts of the food for it is perfect. Therefore illuminating the need for the removal of toxins and unused materials through bowel emptying.

Oh how my mind can wander....

Everything in Heaven is perfect.

I posted this somewhere here on this site, I can't remember where, but some people who have died and were allowed to come back, have reported that next to the utter feeling of being loved :wub: , the second most important thing they remember was the how beautiful the music and singing was. All singing praises to God. Like I said, I CAN HARDLY WAIT !!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

There's actually quite a bit of info on what God's future eternal Kingdom is going to be like. Many have the wrong picture in thinking that Heaven will have nothing to do with the earth. God's eternal Kingdom comes with a new earth, not a totally brand new earth created out of nothing, but the cleansing of this one today.

No more death: what doesn't... die in this present world? Today's world in contrast to the future glory is that everything is in a state of perishing right now. Not so in the world to come.

No more sea: today's earth is covered by about 70% water. So where's all that water going to go?

Hills and mountains made straight: suggests lot of today's uninhabitable areas of the earth will be inhabited.

Desert shall blossum like a rose: suggests even the desert areas of the earth will no longer exist. It suggests a literal Eden upon all the earth.

God's River will flow upon the earth and heal the waters: suggests God's River of The Waters of Life will be a literal River flowing out from His Throne to feed all the other waterways upon the earth, healing them.

The lion and lamb will lay down together, and the lion will eat straw like an ox, suggesting no more carnivouros animal nature.

The Tree of LIfe will bear 12 manner of fruits according to its months: suggests even the vegetation is going to produce an unending supply of food, like a cup that never needs refilling.

God's future Kingdom will not inherit flesh and blood man: suggests man's fleshy needs causes pollution upon the earth that will no longer occur with man given a spiritual body.

This is only a partial list from Bible Scripture that gives clues about the world to come. Most see that future world in the extreme, either as a continuation of most things how they are on earth today vs. the extreme in the other direction of a Heaven totally disconnected from the earth involving a perfect creation.

day

Aug 2, 2012
Idaho, USA
I see heaven as a place where everything is beautiful and full of light, It has hills, trees, flowers, lakes and all sorts of creatures that we don't have to be afraid of. Everyone will be happy and loving and free of deformity, disability and mental issues. We will be able join the angels in praising God and serving him, maybe even spreading out into all parts of the universe. Most of all God will be present with us and it will last forever.