What Does Blasphemy of The Holy Spirit Actually Mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess my post went right over your head. Lets try this, can you please show me where the bible states the unpardonsble sin is a damnable sin? Or are you saying all sin is damnable?
Of course all sin is damnable. If it wasn't, Jesus would have only died for certain sins. If a sin is not forgiven, not covered by Christ's blood, then that sin must be punished. The only unforgivable sin is unbelief, that is, rejection of the Spirit.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course all sin is damnable. If it wasn't, Jesus would have only died for certain sins. If a sin is not forgiven, not covered by Christ's blood, then that sin must be punished. The only unforgivable sin is unbelief, that is, rejection of the Spirit.

Then you are saying you are right, and Christ was wrong, when he said the unfogivable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you are saying you are right, snd Christ was wrong, when he said the unfogivable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?
To attribute the work of the Holy Ghost to demons would be to for ever reject the Holy Spirit as a demon.

How then would you be able to receive the Holy Spirit's indwelling in your life?

No one in their right mind asks to be indwelt by a demon.

If you think that the Holy Spirit is a demon, there is no chance in the world that you would ever receive the Spirit of Christ and thus be saved.

Who in their right mind asks to be demon-possessed?

Reactions: Renniks

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To attribute the work of the Holy Ghost to demons would be to for ever reject the Holy Spirit as a demon.

How then would you be able to receive the Holy Spirit's indwelling in your life?

No one in their right mind asks to be indwelt by a demon.

If you think that the Holy Spirit is a demon, there is no chance in the world that you would ever receive the Spirit of Christ and thus be saved.

Who in their right mind asks to be demon-possessed?

Then you are saying you are right, snd Christ was wrong, when he said the unfogivable sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

Seems you do not want to answer the simple question.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you are saying you are right, and <fify> Christ was wrong, when he said the unforgivable <fify> sin is blasphemy against the Holy Spirit?

Seems you do not want to answer the simple question.
I am certainly not saying that Christ was wrong.

(and also, you are talking to a different person now)...

But I am certainly right in saying that it is unpardonable to reject faith in Jesus Christ...

Because faith in Him is the only means by which a man can be forgiven.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm saying you are not looking deeply enough into what Jesus said. Of course he wasn't wrong and of course one can not blaspheme the Holy Spirit without rejecting the Spirit.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But I am certainly right in saying that it is unpardonable to reject faith in Jesus Christ...

You/they are trying to invent another unpsrdonable sin to take place of, and do away with the real one, but the problem with your invented unpardonable sin is it can be pardoned, just stop rejecting Christ, where as the actual unpsrdonable sin is not pardonable...it cannot be reversed at all..

There is only one real unpardonable sin no matter how hard you all try to replace it in order to decieve others from knowing the real unpsrdonable sin, making it much more likely they may commit it. Can't you you see why this is docterine of the Devil? When we try to change the scripture to get rid of something we don't like, we hide the truth, and when the truth is hidden, at least in this case people are more liable to commit the unforgivable sin, because it was replaced an they no longer can tell what the real one is.

I would not want to be one of those teaching such nonsense as a fake unforgivable sin on the day of judgment...I dont even want to be standing anywhere near them.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm saying you are not looking deeply enough into what Jesus said. Of course he wasn't wrong and of course one can not blaspheme the Holy Spirit without rejecting the Spirit.

What does rejecting the spirit have to do with anything? You are still trying to confuse the issue. As i said in post 287, rejecting the holy spirit is forgivable as all we need do is stop rejection, while the real unforgivable sin is not forgivable at all, it cannot be reversed.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does rejecting the spirit have to do with anything? You are still trying to confuse the issue. As i said in post 287, rejecting the holy spirit is forgivable as all we need do is stop rejection, while the real unforgivable sin is not forgivable at all, it cannot be reversed.
We all grieve the Spirit at times. That isn't blasphemy. We all resist the Spirit at times, In fact, every willfill sin is resistance, but we certainly don't ask him to leave us forever. We don't tell him he's doing Satan's work. Show me where scriptures say a believer can blaspheme the spirit. Context is important. Who was Jesus talking to here? What were they doing? They didn't merely curse in the spirits name, they attribute his work to Satan... Because they had hardened their hearts. They rejected Jesus and the Holy spirit as being evil. Show me evidence a Christian can do this.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all grieve the Spirit at times. That isn't blasphemy.

We are talking Blasphemy here, not rejection.

They rejected Jesus and the Holy spirit as being evil. Show me evidence a Christian can do this.

They can reject Jesus all day long, and even blaspheme him, and it is not unforgivable as they can come back to Christ any time they please, meaning it is not unforgivable.That is the flaw in the way those who insist on changing what blasphemy of the holy spirit is.

Last edited:
Reactions: April_Rose

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The blasphemy of the Holy Ghost is to regard the Holy Spirit in such a way that you would never receive Him as an indwelling Spirit in your life. It is a permanent rejection of Christ Jesus, also, and what He did for you on the Cross.

A situation where you say in your heart, "I will never receive Jesus Christ as my Lord and Saviour."

While someone who does say that may indeed change their mind later.

But if someone regards the Holy Ghost as being satan or as a demon, they cannot ever repent of that. They have carved their way into hell and there is no get out of jail free card for them.

That is provided for in the Cross; and the one who rejects the conviction of the Holy Ghost as being the work of a demon will never respond to Christ and will never receive the provision that He made for them on the Cross.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if someone regards the Holy Ghost as being satan or as a demon, they cannot ever repent of that. They have carved their way into hell and there is no get out of jail free card for them.

Then why have there been known Satanists that got saved later in life?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that they must have never regarded the Holy Spirit as being satanic....they always knew that He is God.

So obviously this wouldn't be a petty thought or a slip of a tongue either.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are talking Bkksphemy here, not rejection.

They can reject Jesus all day long, and even blaspheme him, and it is not unforgivable as they can come back to Christ any time they please, meaning it is not unforgivable.That is the flaw in the way those who insist on changing what blasphemy of the holy spirit is.
You still haven't told me what it is, only what you think it's not.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still haven't told me what it is, only what you think it's not.

Sure I have.

But again, It's blasphemy of the holy spirit. Its so simple, the full description is right there in the name. Now if the problem is, you don't know what blasphemy is, then simply look it up in the dictionary and viola! now you know.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure I have.

But again, It's blasphemy of the holy spirit. Its so simple, the full description is right there in the name. Now if the problem is, you don't know what blasphemy is, then simply look it up in the dictionary and viola! now you know.
So, how does a believer blaspheme the spirit?