What does "fall away" mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its not a sin to remind and to tell folks about the DIRE NEED to BELIEVE , YES TO BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST
the death burial and ressurection and ALL THINGS HE DID teach .
Teaching and telling and reminding folks about the dire need to BELIEVE
is dire necessary . yet many try and now say hey that too is works , believing is works etc
as though its a bad thing to teach one they must BELIEVE . THIS DID NOT DO JESUS
and this DID NOT DO THE APOSTELS ETIHER . THEY SAID BELEIVE A LOT . and i mean A LOT .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But these things are WRITTEN
so that YOU might BELEIVE JESUS IS THE CHRIST
and that so BELIEVING you shall have ETERNAL LIFE .
YEAH , THEY SURE USED THE BELEIVE WORD A LOT and they seemed to POINT TO NO OTHER HOPE or false love
BUT TO JESUS CHRIST AND THE LOVE OF GOD which DOES SAVE .

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its not a sin to remind and to tell folks about the DIRE NEED to BELIEVE , YES TO BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST
the death burial and ressurection and ALL THINGS HE DID teach .
Teaching and telling and reminding folks about the dire need to BELIEVE
is dire necessary . yet many try and now say hey that too is works , believing is works etc
as though its a bad thing to teach one they must BELIEVE . THIS DID NOT DO JESUS
and this DID NOT DO THE APOSTELS ETIHER . THEY SAID BELEIVE A LOT . and i mean A LOT .
The human need to expand what Jesus was actually preaching and hoping to achieve is why "Christianity" was nearly as fractured and fragmented 50 or 100 years after Jesus' resurrection as it is today. What Jesus actually preached and hoped to achieve was too simple, too inclusive, for fallen human nature. We have an innate need to be "right" at the expense of others being "wrong" and to make things ever more complex. The Gospels, Paul's epistles, Revelation and every other book of the NT is an agenda-driven document. Somewhere in there is the real Jesus. I truly do not believe "Christianity" today is anything Jesus would recognize or has anything to do with what He hoped to achieve. Your mileage obviously varies.

Reactions: Mr E

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The human need to expand what Jesus was actually preaching and hoping to achieve is why "Christianity" was nearly as fractured and fragmented 50 or 100 years after Jesus' resurrection as it is today. What Jesus actually preached and hoped to achieve was too simple, too inclusive, for fallen human nature. We have an innate need to be "right" at the expense of others being "wrong" and to make things ever more complex. The Gospels, Paul's epistles, Revelation and every other book of the NT is an agenda-driven document. Somewhere in there is the real Jesus. I truly do not believe "Christianity" today is anything Jesus would recognize or has anything to do with what He hoped to achieve. Your mileage obviously varies.
The message of the truth remains and shall expose the lie .
There is a love that cometh of the world and that love has infiltrated even the realm of christendom .
IT now merges the religoins and christendom to be as one under what it calleth love .
The dire need to BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST and to teach ALL THINGS HE DID SAY
is GETTING trod under foot for a false love that will save none . And all who loved and made a lie
are gonna pay a dear heavy price for having done so . This inclusive social gospel nonsense
will damn every last soul that buys into it .
Even now the false religoins are merging as ONE under it , the world is merging as ONE
under its PC love , many path , sin honoring and accepting love . IT WILL Damn them all .
TIME TO POINT TO THE TRUE LOVE OF GOD and OF CHRIST .
The love that would expose errors and falsehoods and point to CHRIST and TRUTH ALONE .
Any love that rejoices not in the truth , but rather only uses some truths to justify itself , IS A LOVE of the world
and of the dragon who by his deceptoin has been deceving since even the garden .

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There’s only one meaning:​

FALL AWAY!​

Well, OK, but "fall away" from what? If someone sincerely converts from Southern Baptism to the Jehovah's Witnesses or Catholicism, or from Catholicism or the Jehovah's Witnesses to Southern Baptism, is this "falling away"? Many would say yes. Does having a different perspective on a particular doctrine or set of doctrines constitute falling away? Is this really what we think Jesus was talking about?

My definition of what it means to be a believer leads to an equally simple definition of what it means to fall away: The believer either (1) ceases to believe Jesus was sent by God or (2) ceases to try to put His message of mercy and compassion into practice.

I know: WAY too simple for "Christianity."

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, OK, but "fall away" from what? If someone sincerely converts from Southern Baptism to the Jehovah's Witnesses or Catholicism, or from Catholicism or the Jehovah's Witnesses to Southern Baptism, is this "falling away"? Many would say yes. Does having a different perspective on a particular doctrine or set of doctrines constitute falling away? Is this really what we think Jesus was talking about?

My definition of what it means to be a believer leads to an equally simple definition of what it means to fall away: The believer either (1) ceases to believe Jesus was sent by God or (2) ceases to try to put His message of mercy and compassion into practice.

I know: WAY too simple for "Christianity."
Many would be wrong too .
To fall away . what did pual also warn about
the time will come when they will NOT ENDURE SOUND DOCTRINE .
fall away not from lies , but from TRUTH , FROM THE GOD OF TRUTH , CHRIST who IS THE TRUTH .
and they present another gospel so called which wont save but rather will gather all to be AS ONE
WE ARE ONE
WE ARE ONE they will chant . ONLY under WHO IS THE QUESTION .
NOT GOD , NOT CHRIST
but dragon and anti christ . For by the love of the world their minds were supplanted with a lie that
would not point to the dire need to BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST
and to teach all things HE did. but rather will give the idea
that its not necessary , just have some lovey do , heck hold a rainbow , hold a koran and whatever
for we are all the children of GOD , OR SO THEY THINK . SATAN GOT THEM DUPED my friend .
You see SATAN can say GOD IS LOVE , but woe wail the version of love HE BRINGETH TO DECIEVE THEM ALL .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ye shall not die if you eat of the tree , LIE
for in the day ye eat therof ye shall become as gods knowing good and evil . a truth used to support a lie in order to decieve
eve into believing what it said and not to beleive what GOD had said .
Now lets forward to today folks .
YE shall not perish if ye believe not on CHRIST , for GOD is love . again we see a LIE and yet we see a truth
getting used to support a lie . SATAN DO THAT my friends .
He has his co workers have come to supplant a lie and are using the phrase GOD IS LOVE to get them to BELIEVE A LIE
THE LIE THAT SHALL Damn them all .
The lie that has made the path to GOD FULL OF INQUITY and many paths . THAT IS NO PATH THAT LEADETH TOO
or CAME OF GOD . IT cometh of the dragon who cannot , will not and shall not set the captives free .
The lie of the father of lies has come to gather the world as one under what they believe is love and or of GOD
BUT its love , its lie WILL DAMN THEM ALL .
And i desire the death of none and so i warn against it and point only to JESUS CHRIST who i KNOW CAN SAVE .

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The message of the truth remains and shall expose the lie .
There is a love that cometh of the world and that love has infiltrated even the realm of christendom .
IT now merges the religoins and christendom to be as one under what it calleth love .
The dire need to BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST and to teach ALL THINGS HE DID SAY
is GETTING trod under foot for a false love that will save none . And all who loved and made a lie
are gonna pay a dear heavy price for having done so . This inclusive social gospel nonsense
will damn every last soul that buys into it .
Even now the false religoins are merging as ONE under it , the world is merging as ONE
under its PC love , many path , sin honoring and accepting love . IT WILL Damn them all .
TIME TO POINT TO THE TRUE LOVE OF GOD and OF CHRIST .
The love that would expose errors and falsehoods and point to CHRIST and TRUTH ALONE .
Any love that rejoices not in the truth , but rather only uses some truths to justify itself , IS A LOVE of the world
and of the dragon who by his deceptoin has been deceving since even the garden .
"Infiltrated," I tell you!
"Dire need," I tell you!
"Trod under foot," I tell you!
"False love," I tell you!
"Pay a dear heavy price," I tell you!
"Social gospel nonsense," I tell you!
"Damn every last soul," I tell you!
"Expose errors and falsehoods," I tell you!
"The dragon," I tell you!
AIIEEEEE!

I suspect you're getting spittle on your keyboard. :)

I don't by any means question whether you are a sincere and well-meaning believer, attempting to spread the Gospel as you understand it. I simply categorically reject your understanding. I'm not sure what you think is accomplished by peppering a thread such as this with the same repetitive screeches faster than anyone can read them. It appears to me that you are merely attempting to shout down anyone who disagrees with you, which is fine for a street-corner soapbox but hardly the purpose of a forum such as this.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Infiltrated," I tell you!
"Dire need," I tell you!
"Trod under foot," I tell you!
"False love," I tell you!
"Pay a dear heavy price," I tell you!
"Social gospel nonsense," I tell you!
"Damn every last soul," I tell you!
"Expose errors and falsehoods," I tell you!
"The dragon," I tell you!
AIIEEEEE!

I suspect you're getting spittle on your keyboard. :)

I don't by any means question whether you are a sincere and well-meaning believer, attempting to spread the Gospel as you understand it. I simply categorically reject your understanding. I'm not sure what you think is accomplished by peppering a thread such as this with the same repetitive screeches faster than anyone can read them. It appears to me that you are merely attempting to shout down anyone who disagrees with you, which is fine for a street-corner soapbox but hardly the purpose of a forum such as this.
TRY BRINGING DOCTRINE and not rather emotion and accusation cards .
You say many things and yet you dont see me saying INFILTRATED , I TELL YOU
no ,i just bring doctrine to expose the lie .
And i do believe the apostels also told the churches to EXPOSE , REPROVE sin and error .
AND if you think my words are harsh concering such things .
TRY READING what paul wrote to the church of the corinthians .
Exactly . Your words and thoughts are guided by human reasonings and emotions .
IF YA CANT BEAT THEM , FALSEY ACCUSE THEM AND MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE A HATER
and those in sin and error as VICTIMS . You falling for the victim card dude .
That card wont work on lambs . IT DIDNT work on JESUS EITHER .
LORD dont you know what you said OFFENDED them
HE did not then say , OH DEAR simeon , we dont want to do that , i better stop accusing and being judgmental
and lets just hug them to GOD and overlook their error .
NOPE . HE even said LET THEM BE , they be BLIND leaders of the blind and they shall only fall in the ditch .
EVERY plant that MY FATHER has not PLANTED shall be rooted up . aka DESTROYED .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
examine both words . FALL . NOT FLY
AWAY , NOT TOWARDS .
many also try and teach the falling away as the rapture . NOT GOOD either .
It means what it DO SAY . FALL , AWAY .
I don’t believe a Born Again can fall away, because they were chosen by the Father for the Son...and no one that the Father..note I say Father, that he gives to the Son, can’t be plucked from his hand..

Once Born Again Of imperishable seed...that’s it....we are not our own and we know it..we are in the Kingdom Of God we have those spiritual eyes and ears...

My belief Brother,xx

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe a Born Again can fall away, because they were chosen by the Father for the Son...and no one that the Father..note I say Father, that he gives to the Son, can’t be plucked from his hand..

Once Born Again Of imperishable seed...that’s it....we are not our own and we know it..we are in the Kingdom Of God we have those spiritual eyes and ears...
True lambs do continue to the end . that too is a fact .
if any do fall away , if any do come out from amongst us
THEY WERE NEVER TRULY OF US .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
True lambs do continue to the end . that too is a fact .
if any do fall away , if any do come out from amongst us
THEY WERE NEVER TRULY OF US .
Amen!!!

In other words they grafted themselves into the true vine..they weren’t grafted in by the Living word of God...imo.

Bear in mind also ,the natural man wouldn’t understand one word of this.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mat 9:28 When he entered the house, the blind men came to him, and Jesus said to them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” They said to him, “Yes, Lord.”

Were these blind men believers according to your definition?
They believed Jesus could do miracles. But having the Christian faith - not yet. People did not have the Christian faith to save until Pnetecost.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amen!!!

In other words they grafted themselves into the true vine..they weren’t grafted in by the Living word of God...imo.

Bear in mind also ,the natural man wouldn’t understand one word of this.
EVERY PLANT that MY FATHER has not PLANTED shall be rooted up .
GOD didnt plant them , cause HAD HE planted them they had not come to another jesus or etc .
The reminder to continue to the end . IS A GOOD ONE .
pual and all others said it . BUT they all knew any who continued not
were not OF HIM . and a lamb would know and believe that any who did not continue to the end
wont like their end . But john knew as did others , IF one did come out ,they were NOT OF US
because had they been OF US , HAD THEY BEEN OF US , they would not have COME OUT from amongst us .they would have continued
Any who sells out the true gospel is not HIS , was not HIS .
now if one stumbled into an error , the others would warn it . The unholy
and ungodly love of the world that is being supplanted within as the LOVE of GOD . IS A LIE
and this lamb gonna warn against its social incluisie gospel that wont be saving anyone .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So there were no believers while Jesus was alive?

There were no believers until the doctrine of the Atonement had been formulated?

I think we make this way too complicated. There were certainly believers while Jesus was alive. There were certainly believers at the Cross. There were certainly believers who understood He had been resirrected but had no clue about the theological significance.

Jesus and His message have to be understandable to the simplest of us. The message Jesus preached seemed to require little more than believing He had been sent by God and attempting to put His message of mercy and compassion into practice.
There has always been believers. But we need to differentiate what they place their trust in. True believers under teh Mosaic Law did not place their trust in the death and physical resurrection of Jesus as the payment of their sin. They placed their faith in god and were believers.

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
TRY BRINGING DOCTRINE and not rather emotion and accusation cards .
You say many things and yet you dont see me saying INFILTRATED , I TELL YOU
no ,i just bring doctrine to expose the lie .
And i do believe the apostels also told the churches to EXPOSE , REPROVE sin and error .
AND if you think my words are harsh concering such things .
TRY READING what paul wrote to the church of the corinthians .
Exactly . Your words and thoughts are guided by human reasonings and emotions .
IF YA CANT BEAT THEM , FALSEY ACCUSE THEM AND MAKE THEM LOOK LIKE A HATER
and those in sin and error as VICTIMS . You falling for the victim card dude .
That card wont work on lambs . IT DIDNT work on JESUS EITHER .
LORD dont you know what you said OFFENDED them
HE did not then say , OH DEAR simeon , we dont want to do that , i better stop accusing and being judgmental
and lets just hug them to GOD and overlook their error .
NOPE . HE even said LET THEM BE , they be BLIND leaders of the blind and they shall only fall in the ditch .
EVERY plant that MY FATHER has not PLANTED shall be rooted up . aka DESTROYED .
save-image.png

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
EVERY PLANT that MY FATHER has not PLANTED shall be rooted up .
GOD didnt plant them , cause HAD HE planted them they had not come to another jesus or etc .
The reminder to continue to the end . IS A GOOD ONE .
pual and all others said it . BUT they all knew any who continued not
were not OF HIM . and a lamb would know and believe that any who did not continue to the end
wont like their end . But john knew as did others , IF one did come out ,they were NOT OF US
because had they been OF US , HAD THEY BEEN OF US , they would not have COME OUT from amongst us .they would have continued
Any who sells out the true gospel is not HIS , was not HIS .
now if one stumbled into an error , the others would warn it . The unholy
and ungodly love of the world that is being supplanted within as the LOVE of GOD . IS A LIE
and this lamb gonna warn against its social incluisie gospel that wont be saving anyone .
save-image.png