What does God say about EVOLUTION?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are mistaken.

Of course the theory of evolution includes theories on the origin of life. That’s what evolutionist propose— that life was not created by God, but evolved on its own.

This is what is taught in universities— from soup to cells.

How did life originate? - Understanding Evolution
Actually the theory of evolution does not include the origin of life, or what some call molecules to man evolution. That is called abiogenesis, life coming from non life, something we don't observe and which can't be proven.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually the theory of evolution does not include the origin of life, or what some call molecules to man evolution. That is called abiogenesis, life coming from non life, something we don't observe and which can't be proven.

The ideas are comingled and evolution is presented as a continuation of the process who's origin is unknown. In other words-- they have no explanation, but are then convinced of that which they can't explain. Secondly- it's completely incompatible with scripture in terms of these origins.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again- it’s important to define terms. I can say I believe in evolution and mean quite simply that things do evolve. They change over time. Another person means something quite different when they profess to believe in evolution. They might mean that they believe that “something” exploded in the nothingness and from that nothing, everything formed. Stardust was carried along in the tail of a comet and it fell into a pond and bacteria sprang to life in a primordial ooze that eventually became you.

I don’t believe that.
There is a quick and easy bottom line to all this:

A person either believes what God has said and tries to understand it all against their own logic and understanding, or they do not believe what God has said, and leaning on their own understanding they turn also to believe the understanding of others who are more against God than even themselves for confirmation...and God let's them.​

Reactions: atpollard

atpollard

Jun 30, 2019
Port Richey, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a quick and easy bottom line to all this:

A person either believes what God has said and tries to understand it all against their own logic and understanding, or they do not believe what God has said, and leaning on their own understanding they turn also to believe the understanding of others who are more against God than even themselves for confirmation...and God let's them.​
Romans 1:18-32 in action.

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If im not mistaken evolution doesn't really cover the origin of life but its progress so to speak, but some of that theory is built on actual accruing events in nature that is 100% of creation, some being adaptation, regeneration, mutation, metamorphosis and a couple more.

Just in the last 500 yrs or so some 900 species have gone extinct. It happens all the time and different species arise. Finding a fossil is pretty rare on the scale of things. on average most animals, humans completely turn to dust around 100 years in the dirt even in a box 6 feet under.

finding links from one to another is quite a task considering there's not much left after 100 years. there's a assiment that 99% of all species that have ever been on earth have already gone extinct.

With decay rates so fast it would be a extreme challenge to find links to anything all the way back to the beginning.

There's no doubt in my mind there is a vast amount of species that didn't leave behind fossils to be discovered.
I get your point. In fact the better speculation of science would have been to do what you just did...that is to recognize the decay factor as the cause of would-be or even necessary adaptations, which does not contradict the word and authority of God who has not speculated, but has said what is true having created it all.

And then there is the issue of millions of years.

Which is also easy enough: Men of God believe that He has manifest the appearing of angels in the form of grown men rather than infants--but then those same men turn away not believing that He could and has done the same with the universe as if it too were old and also appearing even in less than a weeks time, as it is written. The reason for doing it--that is, for not creating things to be obvious and logical to men, is even more interesting. Which He has not done without revealed it, saying, "I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live." Deuteronomy 30:19

But many do not believe, and turn away.

Reactions: Mr E

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well if macro evolution is true then the entire Bible can be thrown away.

If macro evolution occurred over millions of years, then there was death before Adam.
If the wages of sin are death, but death was part of God's good plan... then Rom 6:23 is wrong... Jesus is not needed. We don't need to be forgiven if death is a part of Gods plan.
Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. (evolution would make this a lie)

So, I guess that makes me a young earth believer.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 1:18-32 in action.
Yes--thanks! I thought I should post it:

Romans 1:18-32

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, 19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Professing to be wise, they became fools, 23 and changed the glory of the incorruptible God into an image made like corruptible man—and birds and four-footed animals and creeping things.

24 Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, 25 who exchanged the truth of God for the lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

26 For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. 27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, 30 backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, 31 undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; 32 who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heres what i find astonishing of that 900 species 128 species of birds have disappeared while another 1200 are in serious danger of becoming extinct today. humans have caused the extinction of all but 3 of those species of birds.
We are to be good stewards...but what you have described is beyond the providence of mankind, and is the providence of God.

In which case, we should not be overly concerned, or feel guilty, but rather confess our need for Him to oversee all that we find overwhelming in doing our own part, and thank Him for doing so.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After the flood did God create new species is that written? Today around 2 million species that's on the light side assessment, if two by two went on a boat would be 4 million on board. Plus food

This is a replica of the ark in KY same measurements from the Bible.
View attachment 26056
One who doubts the image and the created thing...will also doubt the Creator.

Don't be so foolish. Instead, ask [Him] how this can be. Which even I can answer:

If we believe God, we should know that He has set before us "life and death, blessing and cursing." Which is to say, there is much that can and will be "doubted" by many. Don't be one of them--but believe.

God has cast into us His own image--but are we that full image of He who is greater by far? Not even! And did Christ come and display all the great judgment of God that is foretold upon the world in His defeating every foe upon the cross? No, but it was foretold and does occur in heavenly places not yet seen. Therefore, do not believe that even a world-wide flood and the story of creatures two by two was anything but the smallest demonstration of what God has and is doing.

Do not believe your own eyes--but believe Him who gave them, that you may be a witness; and believe also that He has also given ears to hear and eyes to see even what the world does not. These things, believe.​

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr E

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some big finch on a Galapagos Island was documented to diverge from its parent species into a new species in 2 generations (according to the article in the magazine "Nature"). I was underwhelmed, but I am not an ornithologist.

Study of Darwin's finches reveals that new species can develop in as little as two generations
The fact is...that same thing may happen every hundred years when needed for one reason or another and then revert back again, but the researchers may not have even considered it. God knows.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah— you either missed, misunderstood, or intentionally ignored the question.

Can you name one NEW species that has arisen (not been discovered) in the last 500 years?
If 99% of species have gone extinct finding fossil to all that is closet to impossible.

Personally I think metamorphosis wasn't just limited to mostly the insect world.
that process is a fast track transformation of one species to another

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you read in the news about the woman who thought she was going to have a baby but when she went into labor and gave birth out came a fish, a snake and a bird???!

No? Me neither.

Human embryos always produce human babies. So too for each and every species- according to its kind, just as scripture says.
Yes stem cells are amazing, you went from having gills and a tail to walking and talking

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If 99% of species have gone extinct finding fossil to all that is closet to impossible.

Personally I think metamorphosis wasn't just limited to mostly the insect world.
that process is a fast track transformation of one species to another
It doesn't matter. All that matters is what and who we believe.

Reactions: BeyondET

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Don't be so foolish. Instead, ask [Him] how this can be. Which even I can answer:

If we believe God, we should know that He has set before us "life and death, blessing and cursing." Which is to say, there is much that can and will be "doubted" by many. Don't be one of them--but believe.

God has cast into us His own image--but are we that full image of He who is greater by far? Not even! And did Christ come and display all the great judgment of God that is foretold upon the world in His defeating every foe upon the cross? No, but it was foretold and does occur in heavenly places not yet seen. Therefore, do not believe that even a world-wide flood and the story of creatures two by two was anything but the smallest demonstration of what God has and is doing.

Do not believe your own eyes--but believe Him who gave them, that you may be a witness; and believe also that He has also given ears to hear and eyes to see even what the world does not. These things, believe.​
Yes the animals on board gave rise to the many species today :)

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You hint at something so important and almost always missed. Adam was created in the image of God. The first representation of Him.

And God is spirit. His created son -in His image, was spirit---- of a kind, divine. And though it's the core of the mystery, the spirit of God was revealed in the likeness of Him.

An image of Him. A kind of reflection, or shadow. A likeness, a representation.

It's so blatantly in our faces we even have a term for such representations. We call them logos.

It's not the actual thing that they represent. It's more like a stamp that creates an automatic association.

Scripture points right at it--

In the beginning was the logos, and the logos was with God, and the logos was God."

And the logos became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

If you think the logos applies only to Jesus and not to Adam or yourself for that matter. You've missed it.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the animals on board gave rise to the many species today :)
I get your fascination with it all...but there is a danger in doing so.

I am not saying or assuming it is so with you, but the more we concentrate on the little details of what has been created to show us rather He who created them, there is a possibility of taking our focus off Him who created it all, and why. It is the "why" that is greatly more important.

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get your fascination with it all...but there is a danger in doing so.

I am not saying or assuming it is so with you, but the more we concentrate on the little details of what has been created to show us rather He who created them, there is a possibility of taking our focus off Him who created it all, and why. It is the "why" that is greatly more important.
Salvation is not based on how animals and plants come about. There is no danger