What does God's Word tell us about LOVE?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
Have you notice in the :bible: how many times the word LOVE is mentioned? What scriptures have you found about Love that inspired you? Let's make a list of them here to share and encourage each other.
smile.gif
I John 4:11 (KJV)Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.:pray4: May God guide your thoughts.

Amy

Aug 7, 2007
1 Corinthians 13 1If I speak in the tongues[a] of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. 4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Alphabet

Jul 15, 2007
Romans 8:35 & 38-3935) Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 38) For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,39) Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.:amen:

daniel2macarius

Jul 29, 2007
7:8 but because the Lord loves you, and because He would keep the oath which He swore to your fathers, the Lord has brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you from the house of bondage, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.(Deuteronomy 7:8)The Lord Jesus Christ has set the captive free because he loves you.16:27 for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me, and have believed that I came forth from God.(John 16:27)13:8 Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law.( Romans 13:8)1:22 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart,(1 peter 1:22)5:43 You have heard that it was said, `You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.'5:44 But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,5:45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust.( Matthew 5:43-45)There are literaly Hundreds of scriptures on love, so last but not least:12:30 `And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment.12:31 And the second, like it, is this: `You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these.( Mark 12:30-31)God blessdaniel2macarius

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Ephesians 4:32 - And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.Ephesians 5:2 - And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.Lovest thou in Christ Jesus (Yahshua) our Lord and Saviour.

Lookin4wardtoHeaven

Jul 17, 2007
Jeremiah 31:3 (KJV) 3 The Lord hath appeared of old unto me saying, Yes, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee. God :blessyou:

Dave...

Aug 16, 2007
Is there a love that God hates?1 John 2:12-17 "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world .... is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away."

Mighty Bear

Oct 20, 2007
A person in the Spirit moves as if driven by the wind."The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.” (John 3:8)He works with an eager heart, because he serves the Lord in love,not obligated nor forced to do good works.“This is the covenant that I will make with themafter those days, declares the Lord:I will put my laws on their hearts,and write them on their minds,” (Hebrews 10:16)

Nova

Sep 20, 2007
True & funny story. For the longest time I read the English & didn't think about the differences between the types of love in the Greek. In John 21, when Jesus is speaking to Peter, I always thought Jesus was repeating the same thing 3 times. Which happens often in the Bible as a way of emphasizing something. And it wasn't til a friend of mine commented that the Greek used isn't all agape. But agape & philo. 15So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest (agapao-self sacrificing love) thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love (phileo love as a friend) thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. 16He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest (agapao-self sacrificing love) thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love (phileo love as a friend) thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. 17He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest (phileo love as a friend) thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest (phileo love as a friend) thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love (phileo love as a friend) thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.Now I take the time to double check the Greek whenever it uses the word love. Because it can change the meaning.