What does it mean to be born again?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Habakkuk 2:4
“Behold the proud, His soul is not upright in him; But the just shall live by his faith.
Right, but the just will live up the the level of faith He has been given by God. We proceed from faith to faith. That is growing in the Spirit. It is not proud to do right.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doing the opposite is not axiomatic. LOL You were right with just axiomatic, but not doing the other
I don't really follow what you are saying here.

The passage tells us that if you believe God, that when you see Jesus you will be like Him, seeing Him as He really is, that you will purify yourself. And again, I accept that to be true.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think purifying yourself once you're already cleansed of all unrighteousness would be doing what would then be natural.
This passage is speaking of something a little different from what you are saying here.

Somehow, our theology needs to account for the sayings in each of these places. Without negating or diminishing either.

Much love!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we have the one, we will do the other.
Sorry, I thought by this that "you would do the "other" meaning "opposite. LOL

I see what you mean now. I believe as I already said. We will do according to our new re-born nature and keep pure.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I thought by this that "you would do the "other" meaning "opposite. LOL
No, it says essentially that if we believe His promise and have that expectation, we will purify ourselves. Whether you accept that or think something different, well, that's what this says.

For myself, little inconsistencies like this are red flags, meaning something needs to be relooked at.

If you are thinking that we don't "purify ourselves", when Scripture speaks of us purifying ourselves, that's an inconsistency, at least, so it seems to me.

Much love!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it says essentially that if we believe His promise and have that expectation, we will purify ourselves. Whether you accept that or think something different, well, that's what this says.

For myself, little inconsistencies like this are red flags, meaning something needs to be relooked at.

If you are thinking that we don't "purify ourselves", when Scripture speaks of us purifying ourselves, that's an inconsistency, at least, so it seems to me.

Much love!
I take all scripture in context as you know I do. None of us can make ourselves righteous without God being in us, so we cannot purify ourselves without already being pure. All we can do is not quench the Spirit, and remain pure.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I take all scripture in context as you know I do. None of us can make ourselves righteous without God being in us, so we cannot purify ourselves without already being pure. All we can do is not quench the Spirit, and remain pure.
It sounds like you are having a difficulty with how this passage is worded, and that you cannot accept it's saying "as is"?

Much love!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sounds like you are having a difficulty with how this passage is worded, and that you cannot accept it's saying "as is"?

Much love!

Let's not argue. I KNOW that you read verses as is, and YOU KNOW that I always read in context. We are simply stating what we see based on your "as is" and my "in context.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's not argue. I KNOW that you read verses as is, and YOU KNOW that I always read in context. We are simply stating what we see based on your "as is" and my "in context.
I'm not arguing with you, but I'm challenging you to accept this passage as written, not to change it in your mind as you read so that you can preserve your ideas that are actually contrary to it.

Saying you read it in context as if that changes it's meaning is a crock. Either this passage is true or it's not.

And there is nothing about the context to negate it's saying, whether immediate or expanded context. The wording is simple, and should be believed.

Much love!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not arguing with you, but I'm challenging you to accept this passage as written, not to change it in your mind as you read so that you can preserve your ideas that are actually contrary to it.

Saying you read it in context as if that changes it's meaning is a crock. Either this passage is true or it's not.

And there is nothing about the context to negate it's saying, whether immediate or expanded context. The wording is simple, and should be believed.

Much love!

So how are you going to "purify yourself" based on the as is?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how are you going to "purify yourself" based on the as is?
Let's come to some agreement on whether this is what the passage says, right? Before we start trying to pick apart it's application? To me, the answer to your question is obvious, but only if you accept what it says.

Much love!

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's come to some agreement on whether this is what the passage says, right? Before we start trying to pick apart it's application? To me, the answer to your question is obvious, but only if you accept what it says.

Much love!
And what do you think it says to you? I've already told you what it says to me.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what do you think it says to you? I've already told you what it says to me.
Exactly the way it reads. It's a simple statement. I just accept what it says, that the one who has this particular hope purifies themself.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks

Whose disciple are those who lift up sin and despise Bible readers?

:IDK:
Only the dragon would do such a thing . have us to trust in men and leave off trusting in the bible . ONLY the dragon would do that .
GOD has given the lambs HIS SPIRIT . We can learn it just fine . Dont let folks fool ya like we need to sit under
some high scholar . THEM scholars are the ones TWISTING EVERYTHING unto their own destruction .
WHEN something is very plain and they cant omit it , THEY SAY the same THING
oh you need to learn it like this , sit under our teacher under our scholars . NO . NOT for one second .
I have watched folks RIP up the words of GOD , the letters of the apostels , and made what was so simple
INTO CONFUSION all to suit an agenda or a teaching of their own . OF MEN and not of GOD . I WONT Sit under A ONE OF THEM .
twisting scrips unto their own destruction many have been a doing .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly the way it reads. It's a simple statement. I just accept what it says, that the one who has this particular hope purifies themself.

Much love!
Dont fall for this new lovey we are one religoin . DID you watch that video . What is wrong , SEEN this at work
in many chuches have we . I tried to tell us to GET YE OUT and learn for ourselves cause men be a DECIEVING .
Did you get to watch the vidoe . DID YA SEE the commericals . THEY DECIEVING THE MASSES and the masses
for unity have loved to have it so .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read it every day, over and over.

“…he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear the LORD his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them” (Deuteronomy 17:19)

It’s the only full proof way to prevent heretical teaching from sneaking in…

You do finish learning.

But you continue reading the Bible to be perfect and thoroughly versed in it and swiftly prepared to answer false teachings.

“…He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully.” (2 Corinthians 9:6)
Feast on it , feast on it , feast on it and keep feasting on it . THEY can keep all their scholars , their greek and etc .
MEN are DECIEVING FOLKS and sadly folks seem to love to have this so . STAY IN THAT BIBLE and never look back and never
ever , never never ever evah let them sway you from it . EVER .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I shun its all inclusive offer to hades . I wont sit in those churches and i wont join with other religoins . AINT GONNA DO IT .
This world and her new united religoins will just have to kill me . I refuse all this stuff . BIBLE FOR ME .

Status
Not open for further replies.