What does it mean to be born again?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go back and read the entirety of what I posted, when I first brought that verse, and try to see the point. There is just no case made in the scriptures for unbelievers being saved. You have to ignore, twist and wrest passages of scripture in order to come a conclusion like that. The new testament says that God at one time winked at sin (as it were), but now He commands all men everywhere to REPENT....ie, turn to God and be reconciled to Him. To whom much is given much is required, and God GAVE the whole world His only begotten Son. There is only one Way, and that is a narrow way, not a broad way....through the Son who is the Way, the Truth and the Life. The broad way is the way of the many and leads to destruction, not salvation.

To say otherwise is another gospel.
To say so is indeed another go spell . its a spell that goes to destruction at its end.
YES indeed dear sister . Remember what was told to JOHN in revelation .
If any man add to or take from this book . ITS real clear who ends up in the lake of fire
UNBELIEVERS are made mention of , so are those who loved a lie . And many now love a lie
and have become unbelievers of what JESUS himself said concering those who refused to beleive on Him .
IT WILL BE WORSE FOR YOU than even for SODOM on the day of judgment .
OR how about what paul said .
IF under the law one could be put to death by two or three witnesses
HOW MUCH SORER , WORSE , a punishment for those who trod CHRIST Under foot .
EPI and stunned will surely be stunned by shock and fear on the day of the LORD , IF they repent not of this lie and very fast too .

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one will ever convince me that God ordered them to besieg a city and kill all its inhabitants. This is imperialism at its finest, fuel by religious dogma.
Okay then. I think you are headed a little sideways there refusing to believe something happened literally because you don’t understand it. God is BOTH merciful and severe.
But when you stomp your foot and declare what of the Bible you will never believe to be true, I certainly won’t force conversation on those points.
But try to keep in mind that our minds are BEING renewed. To understand God more, to start agreeing with Him so we can walk together.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How bizarre that a man who doesn’t understand the parables says a man who does is adding to…
Its amazing.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m going to watch another episode of The Chosen which, knowing me, will probably turn into a nap after 5 minutes!
But I wanted to say it’s been nice to meet you HIH. I hope to see you around much more. :)

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay then. I think you are headed a little sideways there refusing to believe something happened literally because you don’t understand it. God is BOTH merciful and severe.
But when you stomp your foot and declare what of the Bible you will never believe to be true, I certainly won’t force conversation on those points.
But try to keep in mind that our minds are BEING renewed. To understand God more, to start agreeing with Him so we can walk together.
Never said I didn’t believe it happened, what I’m questioning given the testimony of Christ, is did God give the order.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think of it, Jesus gives you the command too murder women, men , children and animals you’ve never met.

That’s not God, that’s Moloch!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, I meant WOH!
As to your latest posts, I used to hold some opinions similar to. At least sort of. Like…after I first came to God, I decided I loved Jesus and would talk to Him but not to God because I said, God, who can do ANYTHING, could have found a better way and plan than the violence done to my Lord. Imagine my surprise, when I then found out Jesus IS God…! :)
This is what I mean about BEING renewed as opposed to already renewed.

But I have no problem with leaving you be with your opinions and leaving you be where you currently are with God. I don’t viciously attack those who think differently than me. And I don’t stalk and harass them. I don’t demand some sort of so called “doctrinal purity“ (defined as “the way I think”) from people or else I scream about them being satan. That’s not the voice of truth at all. It’s the voice of Satan and the Inquisitors.

Reactions: Azim

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By the way, I forgot to say I understood you about not saying it didn’t happen at all and that you just think there are some hideous, and even fundamental, corruptions in the Bible. I happen to disagree but I’m certainly not going to persecute you. I do think there are some corruptions and biases but I don’t think they are on THAT massive of a scale.
If I were going to debate the matter with you, which I won’t because I don’t feel a leading, or even so much as a slight tug toward, from the Spirit. But if I WERE going to debate the matter, I guess my first step would be to go look at what the apostles had to say, if they said and thought differently than you about it And, with the verses I found, I would make my case.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh my gosh what’s wrong with me…?! I thought I was speaking with Hidden in Him and I thought I remembered at least a few conversations with him a few years ago and was slightly confused that you seemed not really at all like him. And that’s because you are NOT Hidden in Him, you are Waiting on Him. Oh my gosh I’m so crazy!, :rolleyes: :jest:
My obtuseness cannot be overstated!! Pfft!

Im sort of like a very old dog doddering around. Haha!!

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Her verse is showing the current status of a Non-born again person.

They are already DAMNED, and are waiting to go to hell.
You read that the WRATH of God is ON them.....and that is not a myth, mistranslation, or obtuse concept.

How do you get the "wrath of God" off of you?

Jesus said.....>"you must be born again".

Final answer.

People who went to hell today....water baptized, bible teachers, trying to be like Christ.....were not born again.

There are no born again in Hell.
There are no Christ Rejectors, never born again, in Heaven.
Spiritual fruit not religious nuts, remember? Legalists read the bible but have no understanding of God and His ways.

"I desire mercy not sacrifice".

The Pharisees were just as certain in their judgments as you are right now. They thought how can this obviously false rabbi be championing prostitutes and sinners over the followers of Moses? It's because they had no love. The commandments are based on love. Instead, they used the law to condemn others...and justify themselves.

And you are doing the same thing...fully blind to it as they were.

Your ranting has no love, no tears, no mercy, no humility, no godly fear...no Spirit...only religious vitriol that shows everyone your true condition. You are seeing things exactly backwards and have become everything you hate in others.

Open your eyes and Christ will give you light.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Spiritual fruit not religious nuts,

According to what you've posted to me, Episkopos, You are a Cross denying deceived deceiver.
Your words are like dead men's bones. Hollow, superficial Calvinism , and lacking any foundation.
You have no relationship with the knowledge that "Jesus became your sin", as you stated that He didnt.
The devil agrees with you, and you with Him.
So, that is A denial of the Cross and you are exactly that, and pretending you are not, will bring yet more exposure upon you.
Believe it.
So, you would be the "religious nut harvester", parading about as a teacher, vainly seeking attention, while denying God's Grace on your way there.
You would have these people chasing Moses law, as you said is the idea behind Salvation., yet Christ came to "deliver the born again from the Curse of the Law".
So, your words are cursed according to Christ's, your gospel is a curse according to Paul..Galatians 1:8...., and those who have ears to hear, know it, and will reject it and will oppose it.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to what you've posted to me, Episkopos, You are a Cross denying deceived deceiver.
Your words are like dead men's bones. Hollow, superficial, and lacking any foundation.
You have no relationship with the knowledge that "Jesus became your sin", as you stated that He didnt.
The devil agrees with you, and you with Him.
So, that is A denial of the Cross and you are exactly that, and pretending you are not, will bring yet more exposure upon you.
Believe it.
So, you would be the "religious nut", parading about as a teacher, seeking attention, while denying God's Grace on your way there.
You would have these people chasing law, as you said is the idea behind Salvation., yet Christ came to "deliver the born again from the Curse of the Law".
So, your words are cursed, your ministry is a curse, and those who have ears to hear, know it.
its amazing, one of the more prominent legalists in this chat room, says legalists read the bible but do not understand it

He is correct. But he needs to read what he said to himself. and take heed

Reactions: Keturah

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Pharisees were just as certain in their judgments as you are right now

Jesus told the Pharsees that their father is the devil.
He says the same to any public Cross denying faker, who teaches Calvin in Place of God's Grace, and who tries to lead those under Grace back under the Law of Moses.

When did you become a Religious Jew? as even your Hero Calvin is not that theologically ignorant.

Episkopos, You teach a form of godliness, .. which is Calvin's concepts and some of your bizarre theology, that denies the real power that is the Cross of Christ...."which is the power of God, unto SALVATION", when its PREACHED or TAUGHT.

And after referring to the blessed Blood and Cross of Christ as "Whipping Boy" and the Grace of God as "free stuff".....its not a good idea now to come and pretend you have affection for either.
Do you understand?
Just stay with self righteousness in place of God's Righteousness, and keep going with Calvin and avoid anything that suggests that you've now had a revelation of the Cross, as even Stunnedbygrace would gag on that hypocrisy.

• Angry
Reactions: Laurina

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He’s headlining all this weekend at 9 and 11:30 pm. Get your tickets before they’re all sold out. Seating is limited.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Your ranting has no love,

Episkopos,

What you meant to say is that Paul's Gospel has no relationship to yours......., as anyone knows who understands that there is only one way to the Father, and that is not by Law, Self Righteousness, or Calvin's Demonic Theology that you teach and promote.

What you meant to say, is..."that's right..>Jesus is just a "whipping boy"a, and i meant it when i said it.

See, the issue you have is that the Cross denies you.
And that is going to get worse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.