What does Jesus look like according to the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible said His hair is white as wool.

hmmmmmm should I believe the Bible or you ?

it didn't said his hair was as black as a panther.
Apparently He let me see the human part of Him, and I've heard many other accounts of people seeing Jesus too, and the Apostles saw the risen Jesus for 40 days and His ascension too. His Glorified side cannot be seen by human eyes.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What does Jesus look like according to the Bible?​

OP ^

Isa 53:
[2] For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What does Jesus look like according to the Bible?​

OP ^ (deflected to RACE)

The NOUN word RACE means;
The lineage of a family, or continued series of descendants from a parent who is called the stock. A race is the series of descendants indefinitely. Thus all mankind are called the race of Adam;
From natural Birth
the Israelites are of the race of Abraham and Jacob.

The Israelites ARE the race of Adam.
The Gentiles ARE the race of Adam.
The Israelites ARE the race of Abraham.
The Israelites ARE the race of Jacob.

Gentiles can “BECOME” (by the Power of God) “MADE” Accounted (according To Gods accounting and records) Accepted AS the (adopted) child of ABRAHAM’s STOCK.

Racist means A man OF a specific STOCK, who HATES ALL others WHO ARE NOT, (simply BECAUSE) they are NOT of that mans STOCK.

HATE means a STRONG DISLIKE.

Hate (meaning) has been modernly TWISTED to mean the opposite of LOVE, which is False.

Love (means) to DO RIGHTFULLY what is BEST for another, regardless of the Consequences.

Love (meaning) has been modernly TWISTED to mean TO DO, “Rightfully OR Wrongfully”, (that you think, hope) will result IN a Favorable Consequence for “you AND the other”.

Ethnicity - is men dividing men BY a host of differences FROM geographical locations, skin color, hair texture, stature, prominate facial and body features, cultures of life styles, foods, language, political and religious beliefs, music, etc.

Racist is a fairly Modern (19th Century) SCIENTIFIC Term; SCIENTIFICALLY delving into, identifying the DIFFERENCES of ETHNICITIES.

Modernly Among the general populations of People at large, World Wide, RACIST keyed in on NOT LIKING ALL People who DID NOT HAVE YOUR OWN SKIN COLOR.

Modernly (for Decades time line), the TERM RACIST (of NOT LIKING “ALL” others with a skin color NOT the same as “YOUR” own) has EVOLVED to mean….NOT LIKING “SOME” men with a SKIN COLOR different than “your own”….and WITH a TWIST of CORRUPTION …. To USE that as a premise AS A “political standing AND LEGAL DEFENSE” in the political arena AND Legal courts system.

The BASICS of RACISM hinges ON …. CAUSE of the HATE.

Hate BECAUSE of different skin color IS RACISM.
Hate BECAUSE of different culture IS
RACISM.
Hate BECAUSE of different life style IS
RACISM.

BIBLICALLY…The PEOPLE at Large World Wide ARE ALL STOCK children of Adam.
The PEOPLE at Large Word WIDE WERE DIVIDED BY God, BY RACE DIVIDED BETWEEN STOCK offspring of ADAM (Called Hebrews and Tribes of Israel, Israelites and Jews)
AND STOCK offspring (Called Gentiles).

Nothing whatsoever IN SCRIPTURE, teaches ALL Hebrews, Israelites, Jews MUST LIKE ALL Hebrews, Israelites, Jews OR ALL Gentiles.

Nothing whatsoever IN SCRIPTURE, teaches ALL Gentiles MUST LIKE ALL Gentiles OR ALL Hebrews, Israelites, Jews.

Scriptural Teaching TEACHES via Gods WORD…the Lord God Himself HATES particular PEOPLE.

Scriptural Teaching TEACHES via Gods WORD…the Lord God Himself LOVES ALL of His Creations, which INCLUDES ALL PEOPLE.

Scriptural Teaching TEACHES via Gods WORD…Gods DESIRE is that ALL of mankind would LOVE the Lord God AND ALL other mankind.

Modern corruption and twisting of word meanings HAVE commonly MADE “LOVE and HATE” antonyms. That IS FALSE.

LOVE and HATE ARE NOT antonyms.
An individual CAN LOVE and HATE the SAME THING.
RIGHT and WRONG ARE antonyms.
An individual CAN NOT believe or DO Right and Wrong at the SAME time.

IF an individual “HATES” ALL others BECAUSE of their SKIN COLOR, Hair texture, geographical Location……LOL….

There is A roller-coaster of HATE people are experiencing on a daily basis AS PEOPLE daily TAN their skin, TATOO their skin, BLEACH their skin, Have BRUISED skin, curl and straighten and color their Hair and Travel about to other geographical Locations, Eat different foods, hear different music…believe different political and religious beliefs.

And so what? Modernly RACIST is a dirty word. However it was God Himself WHO established one RACE of the offspring of ADAM and DIVIDED the offspring of ADAM BETWEEN the Israelites and Gentiles AND OFFERED the GENTILES a “WAY” to become the Legal STOCK child of ABRAHAM and the Legal Offspring of the Lord God Himself.

And nothingwhatso ever, Scripturally concluded A Stock offspring Israelite of Abraham OR An Adopted offspring Gentile of Abraham, was FORBIDDEN to “HATE” anything.

Stop worrying ABOUT mans Scientific and modern Corrupt IDEAS of RACISM….

Learn Gods KNOWLEDGE of His Division of the STOCK of Abraham.

Acts 13
[26] Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

Learn Gods OFFERING to Gentiles to BECOME MADE (by, through, of the Power of God) a Gentile OFFSPRING OF Abraham.

Learn the UNDERSTANDING of Gods Word of Knowledge.

Luke 3:
[8] Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Gal 3:
[7] Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

Glory to God,
Taken

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually this is a good question. What was Jesus's physical appearance like?
Gaunt or heavy set?
Olive complexion?
Chin and nose?
Cheeks?
Height?
Hair color?
What color eyes?
Eyebrows?
Beard?
Barrel chested or hunched?

All these things together create a physical picture of what we look at when we see a man.

And....if you carefully read the ENTIRE Old Testament AND you can understand themes and contextual clues....there is a description available for how a person could recognize the Messiah when He would come walking by....

And detailing these out here would be impossible...it's entire series of books of detailing how and why these details mattered in the whole Old Testament.

The funniest part that people don't really understand is the whole beard thing.

When I had to quarantine and stopped working and going to church I stopped shaving....where I always have had a mustache and grew a chin beard for my wife I went to a full beard for the pandemic (I looked like Santa)
Then I needed to lose the beard and shave cleanly for the bakery/coffeeshop partnership. (Long before so we could get property and equipment and etc)
And after the 40 minutes I spent scraping my face my wife said she couldn't look at me anymore because of the stranger in her house who was using my voice.

So yes, beards matter more than you think.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jn 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Reactions: amadeus

Sigma

Aug 16, 2023
PNW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See Pilate's Report to Caesar describing Jesus' appearance:

Ah, yes, I have before, it's awesome and just as Maria Valtorta saw Him and described! Go here to read her descriptions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Davy