What does Jesus look like according to the Bible?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Siddhi Koli

Jun 14, 2022
Navi Mumbai
Faith
Christian
Country
India

fcd64fdbefbcb57bb22418ac620799fd.jpgRevelation 1:14-16​

King James Version​

14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

View attachment 36338Revelation 1:14-16​

King James Version​

14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.
Jesus looked like the Shroud of Turin during His earthly ministry.. Jesus showed me this. In Revelation, Jesus looks a lot different that that drawing because I've seen Jesus too and heard Him. Nowhere in Revelation 1:14-16 does it say that Jesus was dark skinned. Read again. His head and hair were white. This means Jesus' entire head was white, including His hair.

Reactions: Siddhi Koli

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont mind Jesus being brown skinned. He was born in Nazareth, and he was a Hebrew. Some people like to fight over this stuff, it is stupid. I normally do not care for posted images of painted Jesus. With perfect teeth and everything. Jesus was never someone beautiful, according to Isaiah.

Last edited:

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont mind Jesus being brown skinned. He was born in Nazareth, and he was a Hebrew. Some people like to fight over this stuff, it is stupid. I normally do not care for posted images of painted Jesus. With perfect teeth and everything. Jesus was never someone beautiful, according to Isaiah.
This is the risen Jesus. The Jewish Jesus wasn't browned skin either. A study of History showed that the Israelites were Caucasian, until they mixed with other nations.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have my own ideas of what Jesus looked like when I was on earth. It is clear that after the resurrection he was transformed because his apostles didn't recognize him. Luke 24:15-31

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is the risen Jesus. The Jewish Jesus wasn't browned skin either. A study of History showed that the Israelites were Caucasian, until they mixed with other nations.
I would tend to agree, he was probably light brown skinned while on earth before the resurrection like the others of that area and his lineage.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont know.

Its a pretty racist subject when you think about it @Rockerduck.

I believe he was brown… so let me believe what it is i choose too.Thank you.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm, I don't think wanting to know what Jesus looks like is racist. Nor do I believe that identifying people by their skin color is racist either. Eye color, hair color. They're all important descriptors to properly identify and individual. Police use it all the time so they don't arrest the wrong perpetrator. Hmmm, really? Racist?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah its pretty racist subject to some degree or another.

White Jesus vs Black Jesus vs Asian Jesus vs Korean Jesus.

I find it to be anyway but not everyone has to agree with me @dev553344.

We have all kinds of photos of painted white Jesus everywhere from doctors offices to uh… churches.IMG_1702.jpeg

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I think if you believe it's racist then you might have been liberally indoctrinated. Similar to not identifying male or female. Another important identifier of individuals, so that people know who your talking about.

Reactions: amadeus

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus looked like the Shroud of Turin during His earthly ministry.. Jesus showed me this. In Revelation, Jesus looks a lot different that that drawing because I've seen Jesus too and heard Him. Nowhere in Revelation 1:14-16 does it say that Jesus was dark skinned. Read again. His head and hair were white. This means Jesus' entire head was white, including His hair.
You have seen Him how tall is He and what did His hands look like ?

What did His feet look like ?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I think if you believe it's racist then you might have been liberally indoctrinated. Similar to not identifying male or female. Another important identifier of individuals, so that people know who your talking about.
Its not subject that is racist, its people that can be racist. I dont care what color or where a persons from to love them is a suit to follow in abiding in Christ.

Reactions: dev553344

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They called Michael Jordan the black Jesus lol.
That is so silly.

Another person was talking here with me earlier about watching out for people who say that thet found the messiah.

That is definitely something fishing going on there if that is the case, never had it happen personally but if someone did come up to me saying we found the messiah; I would be astonished and say something like; whoever is claiming to be the messiah and you believe them you have been fooled.

Reactions: ChristisGod

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its not subject that is racist, its people that can be racist. I dont care what color or where a persons from to love them is a suit to follow in abiding in Christ.
Yes that's true. People of all color are worthy of our love. Sure.

I would also recommend not to build up and preconceived notions about Jesus. When you see him you will know what he looks like if his face is not radiating like the sun. We must be ready to great him on our knees bowing to his glory and calling him Master. All the while remembering we love him for who he is. The perfect savior of the people and world. All powerful and glorious.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have seen Him how tall is He and what did His hands look like ?

What did His feet look like ?
Like I said, look at the "shroud of Turin", that is the earthly Jesus. He was over 6 ft. tall. I haven't seen the risen Jesus' feet. I just saw his upper body. He was Caucasian with long black hair.

Reactions: dev553344

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is so silly.

Another person was talking here with me earlier about watching out for people who say that thet found the messiah.

That is definitely something fishing going on there if that is the case, never had it happen personally but if someone did come up to me saying we found the messiah; I would be astonished and say something like; whoever is claiming to be the messiah and you believe them you have been fooled.
Yes it was silly and the reason was He was superhuman and unstoppable on the basketball court. They said he was God disquised as a basketball player since he was so much better than the rest of the NBA players.

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said, look at the "shroud of Turin", that is the earthly Jesus. He was over 6 ft. tall. I haven't seen the risen Jesus' feet. I just saw his upper body. He was Caucasian with long black hair.
The bible said His hair is white as wool.

hmmmmmm should I believe the Bible or you ?

it didn't said his hair was as black as a panther.

• Haha

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting you said that. I once had a vision of Jesus sitting in a throne chair, and there was lightning striking him with great power. And he withstood it with a smile on his face. He had shiny black hair and was Caucasian. Hmmm. Well I don't really know, it was a vision and they can be different than image reality.