What does the Bible say about psychic intuition?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

T

Tulipbee

Hello sister.
Those who have holy spirit have spirtual discernment and different gifts.
Christian really gifted can discern kenites. 1 Corinthians chapter 2.

Flip side of the coin.
Were talking about Parapsychology.

Its Clairvoyants, psychics, horoscopes, tarot cards, or any aspect of the occult. This is of satan.

CLAIRVOYANCE means = clear vision. Refers to the practice of seeking information through means other than known human senses.

Romans chapter 1. . If we want knowledge beyond what our senses can tell us, we are to seek information from God.

CLAIRVOYANT is medium or SPIRITIST. They can channel the contact with evil spirits.
Duertonmomy chapter 18 . It's a abomination. This is of satan.

We understand this.

The devil doesn't want Christian seeking information from God.

Lucifer has his own network. Get the picture. Thier deceived by satan.

God warns us in Duertonmomy chapter 18, to stay away from who ???

CLAIRVOYANT !!! .

We have the answer ! .

Peace.
Hello sister,

Indeed, the discernment of spirits is a gift bestowed upon believers by the Holy Spirit, as mentioned in 1 Corinthians chapter 2. This divine discernment allows Christians to navigate the spiritual realm with wisdom and insight.

On the flip side, when it comes to parapsychology and practices like clairvoyance, psychics, horoscopes, and tarot cards, the Bible is clear in its stance. Romans chapter 1 emphasizes that seeking knowledge beyond what our senses can tell us should be directed towards God, not through occult practices.

Your reference to Deuteronomy chapter 18 highlights the abomination of engaging with mediums or spiritists. The Bible warns against such practices, as they involve contact with evil spirits and are not aligned with God's will.

It's crucial for Christians to stay grounded in seeking information from God and to avoid being deceived by the networks of the adversary. As God's Word instructs us, let us remain vigilant and pursue knowledge that aligns with His truth.

Peace and blessings to you.

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I witnessed what will transpire for you

That's hilariouslaughing7.gif . . . the devil may have shown you his wishful thinking, but he cannot get it done in my life. disagree.gif

The only thing the Lord is going to talk to a calvinist about it to REPENT and turn away from the darkness they are walking in so they can be saved before it's too late and they end up in the eternal fires of hell agree.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Tulipbee
T

Tulipbee

That's hilariousView attachment 40390 . . . the devil may have shown you his wishful thinking, but he cannot get it done in my life. View attachment 40388

The only thing the Lord is going to talk to a calvinist about it to REPENT and turn away from the darkness they are walking in so they can be saved before it's too late and they end up in the eternal fires of hell View attachment 40389
**Calvinist View on Repentance and Salvation**

According to Calvinist theology, repentance and salvation are essential aspects of the Christian faith. Here's a response based on Calvin's Institutes of Religion, with quotes from the Bible and Calvin's writings:

**1. Total Depravity and the Need for Repentance:**

* **Calvin's Institutes, Book 2, Chapter 1, Section 8:** "We assert that the human race is so enslaved to sin that none can extricate himself from its dominion, unless he is liberated by the hand of the Lord."

* **Romans 3:23:** "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

Calvinists believe that due to the fall of humanity, all individuals are born with a sinful nature and are unable to save themselves from the consequences of sin. Repentance is necessary to turn away from this sinful nature and embrace God's grace.

**2. Election and Repentance:**

* **Calvin's Institutes, Book 3, Chapter 24, Section 5:** "We say that God, from eternity, determined what he wanted to do with each individual. Some he predestined to eternal life, others he consigned to eternal damnation."

* **Ephesians 1:4-5:** "For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love, he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will."

Calvinists believe that God, in his sovereignty, has chosen certain individuals for salvation before the foundation of the world. This election is not based on any merit or foreseen faith in the individual but is solely an act of God's grace. However, this does not negate the need for repentance. Even the elect must repent and turn away from their sins to experience the benefits of salvation.

**3. The Call to Repentance:**

* **Calvin's Institutes, Book 3, Chapter 3, Section 1:** "God now calls us to repentance, not because he foresees that we shall obey, but because he intends by this means to work in us that obedience which he foreknows not to be in us."

* **Acts 17:30:** "In the past God overlooked such ignorance, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent."

Calvinists believe that God, in his mercy, calls all people to repentance. This call is not based on whether an individual is elect or not but is a universal invitation to turn away from sin and embrace God's grace. Repentance is a response to God's call and is essential for salvation.

**4. The Nature of Repentance:**

* **Calvin's Institutes, Book 3, Chapter 3, Section 5:** "True repentance consists of two parts: mortification of the flesh and vivification of the spirit."

* **Romans 6:11:** "In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus."

Calvinists believe that genuine repentance involves a turning away from sin (mortification of the flesh) and a turning towards God (vivification of the spirit). This repentance is not merely a change in behavior but a transformation of the heart and mind, leading to a new life in Christ.

**5. The Assurance of Salvation:**

* **Calvin's Institutes, Book 3, Chapter 14, Section 17:** "The testimony of the Spirit is not a sudden revelation, but a perpetual illumination by which believers are assured of their salvation."

* **Romans 8:16:** "The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children."

Calvinists believe that those who have truly repented and turned to God can have assurance of their salvation. This assurance is not based on their own merits or feelings but on the testimony of the Holy Spirit, who indwells believers and confirms their status as children of God.

In summary, Calvinists emphasize the need for repentance and salvation, recognizing that all individuals are in need of God's grace due to their sinful nature. Repentance is a response to God's call and involves a turning away from sin and a turning towards God. Genuine repentance leads to assurance of salvation through the testimony of the Holy Spirit.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm new to establishing my faith in Christianity and currently reading the bible cover to cover (I'm very far into to Genesis).
What does the bible say about psychic intuition, I'm aware its against seeking out and visiting psychics, fortune tellers etc but what about if you as an individual have psychic abilities / intuition?
I've had these abilities since I was 4, I have no mental health issues, I get 'information' just drop in all the time and its right every time, its getting stronger with age too, as a child and mostly as a teenager I would see spirits, not as much now at 30 years old though. I can tell certain things about people within a couple of minutes of meeting them, so I'm definitely in tune to something, but I keep this to myself as I know its often made fun of. I also find myself very sensitive to other people's energies and it can wear me out physically real bad if I'm around toxic people.
Is there a possibility that is actually just the holy spirit? And I'm more open to hearing him. I never get told anything bad or evil or do bad things by the way so its not a demon or anything, usually warnings if anything.
None of this deters me from praying or not having faith in God to provide me with answers to things, but sometimes the information that drops in is too much, or really too frequent and it can get too much for me at times and obviously I can't block it out.

Has anyone else dealt with this, or got any advice, scripture I can refer to or knowledge on this stuff in Biblical teachings?
You need to repent of serving the devil, and surrender to Christ.

doctrox

Jun 11, 2019
global
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well-intentioned, but sooooo mainstream wrong.

Poster himself/herself stated that those abilities existed as a child. Indeed, we are ALL born with said abilities that we are no longer aware of.

And so, we again go back to the OP:
What does the bible say about psychic intuition, I'm aware its against seeking out and visiting psychics, fortune tellers etc but what about if you as an individual have psychic abilities / intuition?
Poster says he/she knows that seeking out answers from anything/anyone outside of God is wrong. So folks need to get off their soapboxes and rather address what poster is asking.

The issue is twofold:
1) Definition of terms; we must define terms (which has pretty much been thrashed about here already); and
2) Ignorance, or denial, of the human biofield.

The masses have been conditioned, mind controlled, to believe that nothing exists outside of their own five senses. This has been a very focused, long-term plan of the enemy for centuries.

We are electrical beings (as per post #16). Think EEG's, EKG's, CAT scans and MRI's. When we are out of electrical stasis ("harmony"), we get sick. Knowledge of the electrical human body part (of which poster is referring to), the bioenergetic field, got purposefully erased from scientific & public discourse, for about 100 years (BTW, this is what is being abused today, particularly via the jabs, to route data through your body -- another thread for another time.).

Anyone who can put two brain cells together will understand what I just stated. Others will react violently, as per their conditioning, to the abundant but intentionally hidden facts of the matter.

So poster is probably one who has not yet been thoroughly polluted with biofield-cancelling nanotech in its various guises. His/her biofield is less damaged and thus more "active" than Joe Sixpack's.

Last edited:
Reactions: jessicaleks93

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well-intentioned, but sooooo mainstream wrong.

Poster himself/herself stated that those abilities existed as a child. Indeed, we are ALL born with said abilities that we are no longer aware of.

And so, we again go back to the OP:

Poster says he/she knows that seeking out answers from anything/anyone outside of God is wrong. So folks need to get off their soapboxes and rather address what poster is asking.

The issue is twofold:
1) Definition of terms; we must define terms (which has pretty much been thrashed about here already); and
2) Ignorance, or denial, of the human biofield.

The masses have been conditioned, mind controlled, to believe that nothing exists outside of their own five senses. This has been a very focused, long-term plan of the enemy for centuries.

We are electrical beings. Think EEG's, EKG's, CAT scans and MRI's. When we are out of electrical stasis ("harmony"), we get sick. Knowledge of the electrical human body part (of which poster is referring to), the bioenergetic field, got purposefully erased from scientific & public discourse, for about 100 years (BTW, this is what is being abused today, particularly via the jabs, to route data through your body -- another thread for another time.).

Anyone who can put two brain cells together will understand what I just stated. Others will react violently, as per their conditioning, to the abundant but intentionally hidden facts of the matter.

So poster is probably one who has not yet been thoroughly polluted with biofield-cancelling nanotech in its various guises. His/her biofield is less damaged and thus more "active" than Joe Sixpack's.
Context : literally every post I've seen this user make has been anti-Biblical, not seeking how to please God, or discussing actual Biblical questions about how to obey the Lord, but seeking to lead peoples' attention away from the Lord to some other thing as if held some goodness. She made a post arguing that immorality was actually a good thing, nevermind what the Bible teaches.

doctrox

Jun 11, 2019
global
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Context : literally every post I've seen this user make has been anti-Biblical, not seeking how to please God, or discussing actual Biblical questions about how to obey the Lord, but seeking to lead peoples' attention away from the Lord to some other thing as if held some goodness.
Your violent reaction had previously been anticipated. However, such talk is cheap; in the absence of documentation, your spurious claims are forfeit.

Meanwhile, the OP describes my own experiences perfectly. Presently, as a deliverance minister, I freely speak from that experience.

Also,
How has poster been "serving the devil"?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ritajanice

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Talk is cheap; in the absence of documentation, your spurious claims are forfeit.
Go look at her content history if you're really that interested.
Meanwhile, the OP describes my own experiences perfectly. Presently, as a deliverance minister, I freely speak from that experience.
I'm just observing the pattern of this person's content. Whether you're a "deliverance minister" or not is not something I know for a fact, and is irrelevant.

doctrox

Jun 11, 2019
global
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go look at her content history if you're really that interested.
Thanks for that. But such is not relevant in this thread, as we are (supposedly) only dealing with the current OP. So you indicated poster is female. Further, I have no unction to read her posts in other forums. One's morality, or lack thereof, has no bearing on the OP or on the calling(s) God has placed on each of us.

Whether you're a "deliverance minister" or not is not something I know for a fact, and is irrelevant.
Rather, it is totally relevant, because my God-given abilities in the area of deliverance are similar to the abilities the poster possesses. IOW, I "identify with her" God-given abilities.

And I don't demonize others for those things I don't understand myself.

Last edited:
  • Love

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for that. But such is not relevant in this thread, as we are (supposedly) only dealing with the current OP. Further, I have no unction to read her posts in other forums.

So you indicate poster is female.

Rather, it is totally relevant, because my God-given abilities in the area of deliverance are similar to the abilities the poster possesses. IOW, I "identify with her" God-given abilities.

So, you disagree with me. Duly noted.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for that. But such is not relevant in this thread, as we are (supposedly) only dealing with the current OP. So you indicated poster is female. Further, I have no unction to read her posts in other forums. One's morality, or lack thereof, has no bearing on the OP or on the calling(s) God has placed on each of us.

Just FYI, here's another post she made arguing against the reliability of Scripture.

She apparently deleted her post arguing in favor of immorality, and my content history doesn't appear to go back that far (in case my reply had been preserved there in spite of her apparently having deleted her post).

doctrox

Jun 11, 2019
global
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just FYI, here's another post she made arguing against the reliability of Scripture.
and
So, you disagree with me. Duly noted.
Those are non sequitur's.

I don't agree or disagree with you. Rather, we need to stay focused on what the OP is asking - in this forum, in this thread.

...He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. (John 8:7)

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a non sequitur.
I don't think you know what a "non sequitur" is.
I don't agree or disagree with you. Rather, we need to stay focused on what the OP is asking - in this forum, in this thread.

...He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. (John 8:7)
You can do what you think, that has nothing to do with me--I'm not interested in your "direction", so don't waste your energy.

doctrox

Jun 11, 2019
global
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think you know what a "non sequitur" is.
= a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.

You can do what you think, that has nothing to do with me--I'm not interested in your "direction", so don't waste your energy.
I will; and I won't.

Meanwhile, an honest OP is worthy of an honest response.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
= a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement.
Right, but I'm not going to invest in a side discussion on the topic : you obviously disagree with me, and I said "duly noted" because of that. It's not any sort of "non sequitur". We can leave it at that.
I will; and I won't.

Meanwhile, an honest OP is worthy of an honest response.
That's the hitch: I do not take this individual's posts as sincere or honest. I entertain the possibility, based on her content history, not just a single post, that she is here to intentionally mislead Christians, as satanists boast they do on Christian chats and discussion forums, because this individual is dedicated to sharing information that contradicts God's Word.

steve morrow

Jul 11, 2021
king city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IS THERE ROOM AROUND HERE FOR THE WORDS OF JESUS CHRIST ????

PHILPPIANS 2:21 for all seek their own not the things which are JESUS CHRISTS

ACTS 5:32 and we are HIS witnesses of these things and so is also the holy spirit --- whom GOD hath given to them that obey HIM

JOHN 6:63 it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing the words that I speak unto you they are spirit and they are life

ACTS 1:1 the former treatise have I made o theophilus of all that JESUS began both to do and teach

--1:2-- until the day in which was taken up after that HE through the holy spirit had given commandments unto the apostles whom HE had chosen

JOHN 12:48 he that rejecteth ME and receiveth not MY words hath one that judgeth him --- the word which I have spoken the same shall judge him the last day

--12:49-- for I have not spoken of myself but THE FATHER which sent ME HE gave ME a commandment what I should say and what I should speak

--12:50-- and I know that HIS commandment is life everlasting --- whatsoever I speak therefore even as THE FATHER said unto ME so I speak

ACTS 3:26 unto you first GOD having raised up HIS SON JESUS sent HIM to bless you in turning away every one of you from his iniquities

LOVING THE LORD JESUS CHRIST

Reactions: GracePeace

doctrox

Jun 11, 2019
global
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...I said "duly noted" because of that. It's not any sort of "non sequitur".]
Your disagreements with poster's other threads, intending to sully the OP's character in this thread, are the non sequitur's - which don't make her look bad but make you look bad.

That's the hitch: I do not take this individual's posts as sincere or honest. I entertain the possibility, based on her content history, not just a single post, that she is here to intentionally mislead Christians, as satanists boast they do on Christian chats and discussion forums, because this individual is dedicated to sharing information that contradicts God's Word.
I agree with your concern 100%. However, there are nearly 700 hits on this thread, which indicates to me that there are likely many others following this drama; we have a responsibility to them, as well. So when I post here, I acknowledge that I am solely responsible for my content, and that others can, and will, be affected, to whatever degree, by what I post. And staying on point with the OP is one of those responsibilities.

We must put our own prejudices, faults and sinful tendencies aside when we go public here in our efforts to help others. Hopefully, some (particularly jessicaleks93) have been "enlightened" by what has been revealed here thus far.

Last edited:
  • Love