What does the Christian need to do when they have sinned?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then do you mean that you do not know any 'real born again Christians' including yourself?

I answered your question.

The truth of the Bible is not tested by wether you or me can do the things contained therein.

And twisting the scriptures to get out of what it demands is a ticket to the Lake of Fire.

So fear God and depart from evil!

Proverbs 14:16
A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident.

Proverbs 3:7
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.

Last edited:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This person is just going on ignore so I don't have to deal with this madness anymore.

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I answered your question.
No, sorry, you actually didn't. Or, if you did you prevaricated and your answer was totally unclear.
So I will ask it again hoping for a clear and concise answer, but I'm not holding my breath.

Then do you mean that you do not know any 'real born again Christians' including yourself?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, sorry, you actually didn't. Or, if you did you prevaricated and your answer was totally unclear.
So I will ask it again hoping for a clear and concise answer, but I'm not holding my breath.

Post #13 friend.

And furthermore I choose this attitude before God:

Philippians 3:13-14
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correction. A real born again Christian knows that they need Jesus as a Savior because everybody but Him sins.

Agreed April. Why does the word tell us to "confess our sins one to another"? and why 1 John 1: 9? "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

1Jn 2:12–14,19; 3:1; 5:13 make it clear that 1 John was written to believers.

If we are "sinless" then why do we need Christ and the Holy Spirit and all the weapons of warfare to fight off sin. Sin still lives in us as a parasite and takes every opportunity to trip us up. We do not win every battle but, it's the getting back into the race when we stumble that counts, amen!

Reactions: Azim and April_Rose

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So are you one of the 'real born again Christians' who doesn't sin?

Sin is separation from God. Repentance is turning from that sin and being reconciled with God. So in that sense once we are reconciled we no longer sin in that respect but unless you are one in a million I suggest that we all commit sins in that we all do things that displease God.

Amen Pat!
Not to mention sins of omission...

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's the good question!

Our walk is by faith and not by sight. I can "see" my sins, but I can "see" God's forgiveness.

I have a tendency to hold things against myself that God does not.

Much love!
DITTO!

Reactions: April_Rose

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Post #13 friend.

And furthermore I choose this attitude before God:

Philippians 3:13-14
Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Okay back to post #13. Does that mean there are no real born again Christians? If you don't measure up to your own criterion are you saying then that you aren't a Christian?

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does the word tell us to "confess our sins one to another"?

John 5:14
Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

This man can still confess his past sins to another as a way to build up a weak brother who feels some guilt about a past sin as well:

2 Peter 1:9
But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

Because the scripture is clear:

1 John 3:9 KJVS
[9] Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does that mean there are no real born again Christians

I already told you.

The Lord knows them that are his.

There are real Christians out there. Why would make the ridiculous assumption that there weren’t any?

You seem to be playing games here.

This is serious matter.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

This man can still confess his past sins to another as a way to build up a weak brother who feels some guilt about a past sin as well:

But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

So, you are no different than Christ. And, if so...are you healing people and emptying hospitals? Causing the blind to see? The lame to walk? Never a nasty thought, judgmental, critical? Unkind? Do you ALWAYS love others?
Also, you did not address one single verse I quoted...you just come back with your cherry picked scripture, out of context.

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you are no different than Christ. And, if so...are you healing people and emptying hospitals? Causing the blind to see? The lame to walk? Never a nasty thought, judgmental, critical? Unkind? Do you ALWAYS love others?
Also, you did not address one single verse I quoted...you just come back with your cherry picked scripture, out of context.

Comparing oneself to Christ is blasphemy in my book. Probably unbiblical too.

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

1 John 3:9 NIV
No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God.

1 John 3:9 NLT
Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of God.

1 John 3:9-10 The Message
People conceived and brought into life by God don’t make a practice of sin. How could they? God’s seed is deep within them, making them who they are. It’s not in the nature of the God-born to practice and parade sin. Here’s how you tell the difference between God’s children and the Devil’s children: The one who won’t practice righteous ways isn’t from God, nor is the one who won’t love brother or sister. A simple test.

Absolutely true, but this is the sin of separation we repented of before we were reconciled to God. When we are born again into God's family we are no longer separated from him so we are no longer sinners, but we can do things that displease him - some people call these sins, but they are different to the sin of separation. The original sin, in fact.

You have fallen for believing a different gospel.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I already told you.

The Lord knows them that are his.

There are real Christians out there. Why would make the ridiculous assumption that there weren’t any?

You seem to be playing games here.

This is serious matter.
I know there are real Christians out there because I'm one of them - a saint not a sinner. And so are a lot of people on this forum - but not all.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jn 2:12–14,19; 3:1; 5:13 make it clear that 1 John was written to believers

Thanks for acknowledging that the following was written to believers:

1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin

If you have a problem with that sharp word, I suggest you fix your problem, not the scripture.

As for the rest of your post; it’s just mockery and unworthy of a response. You are shallow in the faith (if you are in it at all).

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tch, tch, so much hostility up in here. Check yourself, Michiah

I hold no I’ll will towards anyone here.

I am just doing this:

James 5:19-20
[19] Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him; [20] Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.