What does the Christian need to do when they have sinned?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we are told over and over again in scripture that our sins were taken away: So how can a true born again believer have sin if his sins were taken away and he can no longer commit sin?
This indeed is The Question!

:)

How can that be?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ERROR, past sins are already forgiven, scripture, Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"

now what about those sins that you now committ? well lets see, 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us."
1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."
1 John 1:10 "If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us."

BreadOfLife is correct there.....

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"
What sins did you commit BEFORE the cross?

Aren't you applying a temporal historical distinction to become a time marker to you personally?

The Apostle is writing about "sins that are past", and it seems you are taking it to mean, "sins in MY past"? Picking a moment in your life, and saying, this verse is about sins I committed before I said this prayer, something like that?

Aren't all of our sins in our past after we've committed them?

Much love!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 14027

"Practice sins", "ongoing habitual sins", wouldn't that have been written as a participle? This is a simple word, 'to do'.

I think this passage makes a very plain statement that the one who is born of God does not do sin.

In this case, the context is how the Fathe provides rain and sun to all alike, taking care of the needs of everyone equally, whether they love Him or not. Then Jesus tells us to be "perfect", to have that same complete and full love equally for all, just like the Father does.

While I believe God's desire for us is that we live holy lives, I don't see that being the statement made in that verse.

Much love!
first thanks for the repl, second, the term commit, here is used as a noun, and not as a verb. I suggest you look up the word commit as a NOUN.

PICJAG

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You see, my "PERFECTION" is in Christ Jesus, not my own, but his righteousness this is what makes me PERFECT with God

The scriptures do not teach this. The scriptures exhort the believers over and over again TO BE perfect. Not once is it written that we wear some badge labeled “perfect” while not actually being perfect.

For someone who brags of caring about the truth of the scriptures so much you sure do err in them a lot.

Anyway, peace be unto. This ‘going back and forth’ has long run it’s course. I wish you well in faith and pray that which ever one of us is erring in the word it be revealed to them in Jesus name.

God bless!

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michiah-Imla said: ↑
we are told over and over again in scripture that our sins were taken away: So how can a true born again believer have sin if his sins were taken away and he can no longer commit sin?

marks said:This indeed is The Question!

well you forget, sin was condemned in the FLESH. Romans 8:3 "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:" BINGO.

What sins did you commit BEFORE the cross?
ERROR, what sins did I commit before I came to JESUS, many... :D.. lol. thank God for JESUS.

now my question to YOU, how many sins have you comitted after you came to Christ? your answer please.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michiah-Imla said:↑
You see, my "PERFECTION" is in Christ Jesus, not my own, but his righteousness this is what makes me PERFECT with God
The scriptures do not teach this. The scriptures exhort the believers over and over again TO BE perfect. Not once is it written that we wear some badge labeled “perfect” while not actually being perfect.
Just as I said, Babes in Christ trying to teach the WORD of God. see, you have no clue in the difference of Grave vs Law. either your righteousness is either in the Law, or Grace. and you said, "The scriptures do not teach this". well lets see, Colossians 1:28 "Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:". REPROVED again,

Michiah-Imla, understand something, see we're who are "BORN" again are not under the Law, listen, 1 Timothy 1:7 "Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm."
1 Timothy 1:8 "But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;"
1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,"
1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

BINGO,

PICJAG

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michiah-Imla said:↑
Just as I said, Babes in Christ trying to teach the WORD of God. see, you have no clue in the difference of Grave vs Law. either your righteousness is either in the Law, or Grace. and you said, "The scriptures do not teach this". well lets see, Colossians 1:28 "Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:". REPROVED again,

Michiah-Imla, understand something, see we're who are "BORN" again are not under the Law, listen, 1 Timothy 1:7 "Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm."
1 Timothy 1:8 "But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;"
1 Timothy 1:9 "Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,"
1 Timothy 1:10 "For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;"

BINGO,

PICJAG

Here’s the bottom line (because I have already ventured into the weeds with you far enough):

1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin

That’s it.

Do what you want with that scripture:

Accept it.
Ignore it.
Pervert it.

Reactions: marks

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here’s the bottom line (because I have already ventured into the weeds with you far enough):

1 John 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin

That’s it.

Do what you want with that scripture:

Accept it.
Ignore it.
Pervert it.
NO, there is no bottom line, GOD's wORD IS THE HIGH BAR, Philippians 3:14 "I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus."

This is why some congregations, not the CHURCH, which the Lord Jesus is building, are in so much trouble..... false teachers, as the scriptures clearly states, 1 Timothy 1:7 "Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm."

nope, it's not what I want to do with it, because you really don't want to know what I will do with what you said..... :D YIKES!. so the take it or leave it, attitude, well I'll let the scriptures answer that, Philippians 3:8 "Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,". BINGO......

now, also, I just could not believe that I was asked, "What sins did you commit BEFORE the cross?". not before I came to Christ, who died on the cross FOR MY SINS THAT ARE PAST BEFORE I CAME TO HIM. I thought it was just a mistake... this is reality that we're in today. Oh well.

now. I have a question to all those out there who still BELIEVE, God cannot still save, even if we make a mistake.... or commit a sin, and did not confess it up? that's a good question to ask. well what about it? under the NEW TESTAMENT, do we have coverage, if we commit a sin, and forget to confess it? cain't wait to hear these answers......... :rolleyes: YIKES!.

PICJAG

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taking @Michiah-Imla off of ignore because I think he's having trouble with scripture comprehension. That verse doesn't mean we don't sin. It means that since we trust Jesus God doesn't look at our sin.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Michiah-Imla said: ↑

well you forget, sin was condemned in the FLESH. Romans 8:3 "For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:" BINGO.

ERROR, what sins did I commit before I came to JESUS, many... :D.. lol. thank God for JESUS.

now my question to YOU, how many sins have you comitted after you came to Christ? your answer please.

PICJAG

You are asking me how many sins I've committed sins since coming to Christ?

Why?

But let's go back a bit . . .

What does this mean to you, that Bingo sin was condemned in the flesh.

How does that answer Michiah's question?

Then you wrote . . .

But I'm asking how many sins did you commit which were past at the time the Apostle wrote that? Where is the error in asking . . .

Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"

This is about sins that are past, written about 2000 years ago. You incorporate this into your life as "sins that are past - in relation to when I became a Christian." Except that's not what the verse says, So, I'm asking, why is it that you apply this statement to a certain chosen moment of your life?

"Sins that are past" you would make to equal "sins before I became a Christian."

Why?

Much love!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if we commit a sin, and forget to confess it? cain't wait to hear these answers.........

[weed cracklings sounds]

If you commit a sin as a believer, in willful defiance of God, confession isn’t going to help you

For the scripture says:

Hebrews 10:26
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins

The only confessions of sin that will avail God’s mercy and Grace are those sins committed in ignorance (Luke 23:24; 1 Timothy 1:13) for both the unsaved and the babe in Christ (who has not Christ formed in him yet; Galatians 4:19).

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the repl, second, the term commit, here is used as a noun, and not as a verb. I suggest you look up the word commit as a NOUN.

PICJAG

upload_2021-3-25_10-22-57.png

Does this help?

Is doing . . . An indicative present active voice verb.

Everyone having been regenerated out of God sin not is doing.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
now, also, I just could not believe that I was asked, "What sins did you commit BEFORE the cross?". not before I came to Christ, who died on the cross FOR MY SINS THAT ARE PAST BEFORE I CAME TO HIM. I thought it was just a mistake... this is reality that we're in today. Oh well.

upload_2021-3-25_10-30-12.png

What we can see here are two times referenced, "At this time", that is, the time current to the writer, and, "sins that are past", literally, "having occurred before", that is, before the current time of the writer.

Romans 3:25-26 KJV
25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;
26) To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Romans 3:25-26 YLT
25) whom God did set forth a mercy seat, through the faith in his blood, for the shewing forth of His righteousness, because of the passing over of the bygone sins in the forbearance of God
26) for the shewing forth of His righteousness in the present time, for His being righteous, and declaring him righteous who is of the faith of Jesus.

These are times relating to the writer, not your life experience.

to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Compare to . . .

not before I came to Christ, who died on the cross FOR MY SINS THAT ARE PAST BEFORE I CAME TO HIM. I thought it was just a mistake...

You've added words that significantly change the meaning of the passage.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taking @Michiah-Imla off of ignore because I think he's having trouble with scripture comprehension. That verse doesn't mean we don't sin. It means that since we trust Jesus God doesn't look at our sin.
I would say that since we've been regenerated, God recognizes us as His children, righteous, clean, and He also recognizes that we are living in flesh bodies which have been corrupted by sin.

He doesn't ignore our sin, but He doesn't confuse our sin-laden flesh with the new creation He gave birth to.

Much love!

Reactions: April_Rose

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are asking me how many sins I've committed sins coming to Christ? Why?
did I, on how many? ... no, that's irrelevant. but comming to Christ? yes, because, some of us cannot even remember what we was doing two months ago, better less two years ago. see Marks, that's why we confess Jesus, when we come to him. now after you're born again, as children we're are under our parents protection. but when we "GROW", UP, we take .... SOME... responsibility. why? because we're GROWING. we don't KNOW IT ALL...... yet... :eek: YIKES!.
But I'm asking how many sins did you commit which were past at the time the Apostle wrote that? Where is the error in asking . . .
was you born during the time of the First apostles who wrote that? or just right after?. no. Look Mark the PAST SIN, are those we comit from or birth, when we come into the knowledge of sin. not at that writting for us living today, or those living at the time of the writting. it applies to all since christ. yes dead or alive. supportive scripture, Romans 14:9 "For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living." see God is not just the God of the Living, but of the dead also. why do you think he went to the spirit in prison and preached to them?. see Marks God have you either DEAD, or ALIVE, so there is no escuse. yes, some of you today is always attempting a prison break... LOL, LOL, LOL, but God have you covered... :D. (go and figure that out).

Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"

This is about sins that are past, written about 2000 years ago. You incorporate this into your life as "sins that are past - in relation to when I became a Christian." Except that's not what the verse says, So, I'm asking, why is it that you apply this statement to a certain chosen moment of your life?
MARK, MARK, you're missing it. sins THAT ARE PAST IN YOUR LIFE BEFORE YOU COME TO CHRIST. understand, as I said, if CONFESSING SINS was the requirement to be saved, then none of us would qualify. because we would have to confess every sin we have committed. and some of us cannot remember what we was doing three weeks ago, and say if we were sinning? see the dilemma. this is why Jesus died on the cross, where you want have to confess all the sins you have done in your life before you came to Christ. my God Marks you should have know this.

PICJAG

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you commit a sin as a believer, in willful defiance of God, confession isn’t going to help you

For the scripture says:
did Adam wilfully sin?.... and you're here, that proof enough... lol... :D YIKES!.

PICJAG

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
did Adam wilfully sin?..

No he did not.

And Eve was deceived into sinning, not in willful disobedience without deception involved.

1 Timothy 2:14
And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
April_Rose said: ↑

CORREECT, because, Jeremiah 31:31 "Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:"
Jeremiah 31:32 "Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:"
Jeremiah 31:33 "But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people." (ONE MIGHT WANT TO READ THAT AGAIN).
Jeremiah 31:34 "And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

God cannot look at what he do not see. the blood of CHRIST wash away our sins that are past, for in HIM is the righteousness of God. Romans 3:25 "Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"
Romans 3:26 "To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus."

see, in CHRIST, IN CHRIST, "for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."

1 John 2:12 "I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake."

WHY ARE THEY "FORGIVEN?" answer, 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

BINGO, this shows many don't even know their covenant RIGHTS in Christ Jesus... oh what a shame.

PICJAG

Reactions: April_Rose

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And Eve was deceived into sinning, not in willful disobedience without deception involved.

1 Timothy 2:14
And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
see RIGHT THERE is the problem, I said nothing about being deceived, LOL, see, this is the problem, people don't understand, listen, Genesis 3:11 "And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?"

Genesis 3:12 "And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.".

I DID EAT. see how decieving your answer was. it was not even about who was decieved, the question did Adam wilfully sin? and what did Adam say? Genesis 3:12 "And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.".
LOL, LOL, LOL, see what I mean. handling the word of God irresponsible.

again, Hebrews 5:12 "For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat."
Hebrews 5:13 "For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe."
Hebrews 5:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."

PICJAG