What does the Kingdom of God mean to you?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EAHARA

Dec 24, 2009
LOL yeah keep telling yourself that .... It wont save you but if it gets you through the day ...God never appointed your priests and Popes to anything men did ...

It is upsetting to see statements like this. They are distinctly not true. This is one of the milder ones you have made in the last couple of days. When I see some of the posts you have put up from men who are promoting hatred and lies against the Church.....yes, my posts do get a bit of an edge to them. You promote things that have been proven to be false and yet you expect that those of us who love the Church and the ancient practice of the Christian Faith are not human and don't have some emotion about seeing these lies spread? I'm sorry, but I am not that divorced from my feelings.

He can do it all by himself ..that fact has always annoyed men of the Catholic church who insert themselves between man and God. There is only one true church its Gods made up of all his belivers ... and guess what they are not all catholics ... You labor under your tradition and lies of men because you are told what to think and believe ...

God established the priesthood when He called out a people to Himself in the wilderness. There is no evidence from scripture that Jesus said that the priesthood was ended. Men like the "Bible believer" whose web site you quoted are strangely silent about that fact. There is simply no verse that says "There are no more priests."

Very sad really because you are right your leaders will be judged harsely for their lies and misleading of Gods sheep every one will be on their head .... And wheres that leave you when the men you follow arent standing between you and God and you have to explain why you choose to follow men over God .... Your protests wont much matter ..you had a choice

You don't understand covenant. You don't understand covenant authority. You don't understand leadership and how we are to be submissive to those who are put over us. This is the attitude that Luther and Calvin created with the Protestant Reformation -- that one can make up one's own mind without needing to be obedient to those who are in authority. God said that the sin of rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft. Look at what has been created by men stubbornly refusing to listen to the Church because there was some corruption in it -- a shattered Christianity and thousands of denominations all disagreeing among themselves. That is not the unity that Christ desired in John 17.

One question, please. Why is it okay for Protestants to insult Catholics, be rude to us, and say evil about our Church, but when we respond in kind, it is not okay? Do you think perhaps you should think about the things you have said about me, my Church, and the people who lead the Church? You know, it is a sin to pass on false accusations!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
LOL ....No... you have done nothing sense day one but be arrogant like many others of your faith ...Bad moth those of us who do nothing but go directly to God ..not through a priest appointed by men ...
How dare you now ask for my apology for having a belly full of your arrogance rudeness and not wanting a part of your delusion of men ...I have said truth to you ..You cant handle it move on... We did not come to your Catholic site trying to declare our arrogant superiority ... You came here.
I have no respect for the Catholics leaders .. I have pity and empathy for the people who are mislead by them .. Because I have personally delt with the fallout of their lies and had to try to put people spritually back together after your leaders have crushed their spirit with lies and perversions so go ask someone else for an apology
that hasnt seen the fall out of your so called godly leaders.

EAHARA

Dec 24, 2009
LOL ....No... you have done nothing sense day one but be arrogant like many others of your faith ...Bad moth those of us who do nothing but go directly to God ..not through a priest appointed by men ...
How dare you now ask for my apology for having a belly full of your arrogance rudeness and not wanting a part of your delusion of men ...I have said truth to you ..You cant handle it move on... We did not come to your Catholic site trying to declare our arrogant superiority ... You came here.

I came here because I noticed a post that was asking a question and I offered an answer. I stuck around because the board seemed friendly. That was before I saw some of your nasty posts regarding this both Catholic and otherwise with whom you disagree. You seem to be the resident meanie here regarding all with whom take issue to your statements, including other Protestants

I post here because there are people like you who misrepresent the Faith. These people are called "Fundamentalists" I used to be one many years ago and I cannot thank God enough for delivering me from that sewer of theological and personal arrogance. If I am arrogant, it is because I was taught to be by my Fundamentalist masters, graduates of Hyles-Anderson College and Bob Jones University. They are some of the most arrogant people in the world theologically, yet they don't know the Bible at all. And when the Bible is shown to them, they get very mad.

I guess you and I are destined to bump heads. I am neither afraid of your bloviations from the Bible, which are based in gross error, nor of your name calling. I realize this is not my board and the administrator has every right to ban me if he wishes. That is his call.....not yours. I will answer whenever someone posts garbage and lies about the Catholic Faith. Perhaps you will learn something if you actually trouble yourself to pick up a Bible with an open mind and study.

I have no respect for the Catholics leaders .. I have pity and empathy for the people who are mislead by them .. Because I have personally delt with the fallout of their lies and had to try to put people spritually back together after your leaders have crushed their spirit with lies and perversions so go ask someone else for an apology that hasnt seen the fall out of your so called godly leaders.

And I have no respect for Fundamentalist leaders such as the one from the web site you posted. I feel anger because they are misleading people who trust them and think that they are intelligent people who really know the Bible. They do not. They don't know what a covenant is, they use a sorry mistranslation called the KJV and think it is perfect, they act as if Fundamentalism goes all the way back to the Apostles, when it does not, being invented in the 20th century, and they are completely ignorant of what the first Christian pastors taught their flocks.

The Catholic Church does have some problems, and no thinking Catholic would ignore that, but my faith in the Catholic Church is not based upon the bad behavior of a few men who have not lived the Catholic Faith, but in the deposit of faith which was given to the Apostles and handed down from generation to generation. Your Fundamentalism cannot say the same thing. It only goes back to around 1906 or so.

Wheeeeeeeeee......isn't this fun?

So here we are......and we can do two things. You and I can agree to discuss Bible topics in a clear and rational way, posting verses and commentary, or you can keep posting lying Internet garbage from Fundamentalists and I will keep telling you and all who listen that they are liars and you shouldn't listen to them.

Your choice. As I said.....neither you nor I own this site, so until the administrator gives the papist the old heave ho, I have every right to be here as you do. It is presented as an open site.

Have a nice day.

EAHARA

Dec 24, 2009
Just to be sure, Christina, I went back over my posts from the beginning. I wanted to see who was the first one to call names because I didn't want to come in here and be rude.

Here is a reply to me when I said something you didn't like regarding Peter being the head of the Church and the Church being on earth.

"No you are wrong brain washed I notice you have to present men's words to make your case
it all bull as is your denomination baloney."

I don't consider that a particularly mature or kind response to my giving you some Bible verses to show you the nature of the church, which is what I did.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Just to be sure, Christina, I went back over my posts from the beginning. I wanted to see who was the first one to call names because I didn't want to come in here and be rude.

Here is a reply to me when I said something you didn't like regarding Peter being the head of the Church and the Church being on earth.

"No you are wrong brain washed I notice you have to present men's words to make your case
it all bull as is your denomination baloney."

I don't consider that a particularly mature or kind response to my giving you some Bible verses to show you the nature of the church, which is what I did.

LOL this is my out burst as you put it :lol: You hypocrite !!

lets look at some of your posts just in this thread:

The problem with jiggy and all others like him is that he is making a statement that cuts across 2000 years of Church teaching, of the intelligence and teaching of men who were intimately associated with the Greek and spoke it, and of men whose shoes he couldn't carry intellectually.

To anyone who really wishes to be honest with himself, it is clearly evident that the protection of the Holy Spirit from teaching doctrinal and moral error has only been found in the Catholic Church. One merely has to look at all the THOUSANDS of different Protestant interpretations of scripture, doctrines, ideas, and sometimes very bizarre practices

In other words, you don't have a cogent response to the Truth, like all Protestants

You didn't give me anything even closely resembling an answer, did you? Just a one liner off the cuff. You stand against 2000 years of men who taught different than you, you stand against the current consensus of intellectuals, and I am supposed to bow to your understanding just because you say so?

You know who else does that -- cults!

This is the problem with Protestantism and the idea that everyone has the right to "private interpretation." 2,000 years of Christians, of both Protestant and Catholic, have defined the Greek word "eklessia" to mean Church. Men who are fluent in Greek, who are smarter than both you and I combined, have agreed that this is the right translation.

Yet here you come, with some sort of agenda, and you decide that you know more than all others.

Miss Hepburn, you may believe what you wish, but on the Judgment Day, Jesus will remind you that you had the free will to examine BOTH SIDES of the controversies regarding His Church. It appears that you and several others here do not wish to look at the Church in anything other than a negative light.

You seem to think putting down protestants,their bible and any one who is one is justified because you said it but if we/ I reply with baloney its an out burst :lol:

You seem to conveniently forget the protestant movement came from the very same roots as you Catholics, they just didn't agree with the way your Popes leaders were perverting Gods words and the teaching of the Apostles
you have no better credentials than we do ..except in your brainwashed mind ..

The Catholic church is among the worst offenders of perverting God /Christ his word his message ect who do you think embraced all these Pagan Holidays, Idol worship ect ect putting the church and men between the Father and his Children .... Just to name a few ...

The fact is its a 50/50 chance at best you arein the right , and frankly after over 20 plus years of studying Gods Word over men ..IMHO its you and your religion that chose the wrong path.
So get over yourself you think your right only because men tell you are ..

EAHARA

Dec 24, 2009
LOL this is my out burst as you put it :lol: You hypocrite !!

lets look at some of your posts just in this thread:

The problem with jiggy and all others like him is that he is making a statement that cuts across 2000 years of Church teaching, of the intelligence and teaching of men who were intimately associated with the Greek and spoke it, and of men whose shoes he couldn't carry intellectually.

Is this anything other than the Truth? There is no one on this board, me especially, who could keep up with the giant intellects of the Early Fathers. Their writings are incredible. And they had to unravel some of the hardest and deepest problems of the Early Church.

It is also the Truth that what Protestantism teaches was not found in the Early Church. Why do you have a problem with that statement?

To anyone who really wishes to be honest with himself, it is clearly evident that the protection of the Holy Spirit from teaching doctrinal and moral error has only been found in the Catholic Church. One merely has to look at all the THOUSANDS of different Protestant interpretations of scripture, doctrines, ideas, and sometimes very bizarre practices.

Again, show me that this is anything other than a statement of Truth. There are THOUSANDS of denominations. This fact has been verified by the Encyclopedia of Christian Religions. And if you have studied them at all, many of them are way off the wall in what they teach and practice.

In other words, you don't have a cogent response to the Truth, like all Protestants.

I did not get a response to what I posted, did I? And this is what I get constantly from Protestants when I provide biblical documentatation with verses, the Greek, etc. I have been on a number of forums where this is the habit and the rule. So I have every right to say that the author has no response.

You didn't give me anything even closely resembling an answer, did you? Just a one liner off the cuff. You stand against 2000 years of men who taught different than you, you stand against the current consensus of intellectuals, and I am supposed to bow to your understanding just because you say so?

You know who else does that -- cults!

Again, I am making a statement. A one liner is no answer. And it is cultism which has no answer for those who provide Bible answers. I have driven away more than one set of JWs and Mormons who thought that because I am Catholic I am some kind of dope who doesn't know his Bible or his Faith. That is what cultists look for and that is why the Witness heresy and the Mormon heresy are both slam full of X Catholics who didn't know their Faith.

This is the problem with Protestantism and the idea that everyone has the right to "private interpretation." 2,000 years of Christians, of both Protestant and Catholic, have defined the Greek word "eklessia" to mean Church. Men who are fluent in Greek, who are smarter than both you and I combined, have agreed that this is the right translation.

Yet here you come, with some sort of agenda, and you decide that you know more than all others.

Miss Hepburn, you may believe what you wish, but on the Judgment Day, Jesus will remind you that you had the free will to examine BOTH SIDES of the controversies regarding His Church. It appears that you and several others here do not wish to look at the Church in anything other than a negative light.

One more statement of fact. I see it over and over and over again in Protestant apologetics. It is a refusal to look at the facts, the history, and the Bible, coupled with an attitude that no one else, even other Protestants, can be as smart as the person making the post and putting up doctrines that the Bible does not teach.

You seem to think putting down protestants,their bible and any one who is one is justified because you said it but if we/ I reply with baloney its an out burst :lol:

I state facts and that is "putting down Protestants??" Oh, grow up!!

You seem to conveniently forget the protestant movement came from the very same roots as you Catholics, they just didn't agree with the way your Popes leaders were perverting Gods words and the teaching of the Apostles you have no better credentials than we do ..except in your brainwashed mind ..

Present your proof that the Catholic Faith is "perverted" or "distorted" Christianity. And don't present some Fundamentalist with an agenda and a pack of lies. Go to the Bible, present your verses, and then be ready to answer my refutation. If you can't do that, you have no argument.

In fact, I'll start it for you. Jesus said that we must eat His Flesh and drink His Blood to have eternal life. Prove to me that He didn't mean it.

The Catholic church is among the worst offenders of perverting God /Christ his word his message ect who do you think embraced all these Pagan Holidays, Idol worship ect ect putting the church and men between the Father and his Children .... Just to name a few ...

The message of the Gospel is that Christ/God has won victory over the devil and that all that the devil has is being returned to God. Thus, pagan people are saved and brought to God. They who were completely given over to the service of the evil one have become God's greatest saints. The same is true for the holidays of paganism. They have been converted to real and true "Holy Days" for the service of God. The Church goes into the devil's kingdom, plunders it, and takes its people and holidays and makes them to serve God. That is victory over the devil.

The fact is its a 50/50 chance at best you are in the right , and frankly after over 20 plus years of studying Gods Word over men ..IMHO its you and your religion that chose the wrong path. So get over yourself you think your right only because men tell you are ..

My Faith is joined to 2000 years of men and women who believed the same thing. That is why it is called the universal (katholicos) faith. It is the same faith that the Apostles practiced and taught to the next generation of believers. All you have to do is read their writings to see this. I feel safe in the Catholic Faith because I have not left the apostolic teaching. Protestantism, on the other hand, is only 500 years old and is both heretical and unsupportable by a proper reading of scripture.

We can toss around these arguments all night if you wish. Or we can go on to discuss some scripture. The choice is yours really. I'm ready if you are.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
that would be great if it was scripture and not religious doctrine you wanted to discuss

Status
Not open for further replies.