What does the word ALL mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Col_2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

I must admit, when i saw your forum name and saw you wanting the law, i sort of got taken aback a little, What has grace got to do with the law.

As I said, the law is not for us, and if you think to keep it, and break just one you condemn your self by the law, There is no salvation by keeping the law, and it does not add one dot to your salvation, neither can it please God. As you said, it was given to the Israelite who still toady , the Jews live by them and fail.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

I have nothing to boast of but Jesus...
You forgot
Ephesians 2:10
We are not saved by works, but we are created for good works, that we should walk in them.

How does following the Law blot out grace?
Does God's grace diminish because we desire to follow his Laws?

Did Jesus Himself not say that the Law is not abolished?
Mathew 5:17

Didn't He say that until heaven and earth pass away not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the Law.

And that those who teach that the Law is abolished shall be called the least in the Kingdom, but whoever keeps and teaches the law, he shall be called great in the Kingdom.
Mathew 5:19

Did Jesus make a mistake?

Reactions: Truth

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Did Jesus make a mistake?
Jesus make a mistake?? God forbid just men and His ignorance,

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Rom_5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

Rom_6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grac

Gal_2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Gal_5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

so this gets really stupid when the flesh gets involved, trying to prove ones worth to God. So many christians claim to be walking in Grace yet striving after the law. And what will you say to Jesus, 'But Jesus you have to let me in , look I kept the law"... and than you will see how many time you broke it, and when you break one you break them all, and for that there is no grace, beacause you are choosing to pay the price, for the price for breaking the law is your blood, and you have denied Christ's works for He paid that price with His own. Is that not enough for you. If you want the law you can have it, you are not the only one persuing that foolish path.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Jesus make a mistake?? God forbid just men and His ignorance,

Joh_1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

Rom_5:20 Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

Rom_6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grac

Gal_2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Gal_5:4 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.

so this gets really stupid when the flesh gets involved, trying to prove ones worth to God. So many christians claim to be walking in Grace yet striving after the law. And what will you say to Jesus, 'But Jesus you have to let me in , look I kept the law"... and than you will see how many time you broke it, and when you break one you break them all, and for that there is no grace, beacause you are choosing to pay the price, for the price for breaking the law is your blood, and you have denied Christ's works for He paid that price with His own. Is that not enough for you. If you want the law you can have it, you are not the only one persuing that foolish path.
I have to leave soon.

But I see an error in your posts above.
If your posts are correct, then what did Jesus mean in
John 14:15 ??

Once again, you're saying Jesus is wrong.
You quote other scripture for me, but you don't post what Jesus said.
Do you not like what HE said?

What do you think Jesus meant when He said.
"If you love me, you will keep My commandments."
John 14:15

I believe you might be getting being saved with being sanctified.
Not sure.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"If you love me, you will keep My commandments."
John 14:15
What commandment did Jesus give??

Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

He never gave you the other 10. They where from God through Moses to the Iraelites. The OT was the law the flesh the NT after Pentecost is all grace and teh Spirit. Choose which you will persue.

Luk_5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

So many prefer the old to the new

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi HR

What about James?
James 2:16

If someone is cold, and you not don't satisfy their bodily need, why should they listen to you when you talk to them about their spiritual need?

First satisfy their physical need, then they'll have reason to listen to you when you speak to them about God.

Jesus said to go into all the world and preach His teachings, but He also said to feed the hungry and clothe the poor.

I don't remember who but someone here said he would take the coat.
I'd have to agree wih that person. AFTER the coat comes the Word.

Not because it's less important, but because it SHOWS the Love of God in the peson giving the coat. Only when this Love is demonstrated, will that person have the authority to speak about it.
What did Jesus say about the 5,000 that he fed?

Show me the word Gentile in James 1:1 and I will include what James wrote to be written to me too. James was under the Law of Moses and wrote to those under the Law of Moses and that if a person is under the Law of Moses he must do the works of the Law of Moses. Under grace (Paul's gospel of God's grace), no works are required except the work that His Son did on the cross. There is a study on this forum about the book of James and I am not going to repeat here.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul preached 100% Grace, no law, not even a little bit, Galatians 5:9.

100% Grace is pride busting. So, no, Paul's 100% pure gospel of Grace is not prevalent in the churches because man's religion is self-righteous works (the Law) with just a little bit of Grace thrown in for good measure and because of this, many are waddling around in their grave clothes, John 11:44.

though you are correct on 100% Grace is pride busting for reasons that can be another subject. Paul never threw out the law, see as follows:

Rom 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: 30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith. 31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

in the case of who is and who isn't righteous according t the law, the law is a witness that Jesus is righteous (the One) and man can't meat that righteousness. and if one has received the Life of Christ that fulfilled the law, then as Pal said we establish the law by living the Life received in Christ. not according to the approval of men, but the fulfillment of Christ Jesus in us.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Law of Moses was given by Jesus (God) to the Jews. It has not been abolished. It has been set aside by God so that He can show His love for mankind. The law as been set aside but at the end of the age of God's grace it will be used to judge mankind.

Has anyone seen the only ones (sheep and goat judgement) not sent to Hades were those who blessed the Jews during the 7 years of God's wrath. No other reason was given. It will fulfill Jesus' (GOD) promise that those that blessed the Jews would be blessed and those that cursed the Jews would be cursed. God keeps His promises and today we are under His grace (if you believe your are because of His promise) But the religious believe in their works to complete their salvation showing God that they do not believe in His grace.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
What commandment did Jesus give??

Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

He never gave you the other 10. They where from God through Moses to the Iraelites. The OT was the law the flesh the NT after Pentecost is all grace and teh Spirit. Choose which you will persue.

Luk_5:39 No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

So many prefer the old to the new
I prefer the new.
But what IS the new?
Jesus said the LAW has not been abolished.
There really is no way around that although some try really hard to skip through it.

Jesus gave MANY commands. He gave many examples of things that we are to do.
Here are a few.

Mathew 25:34-46

Jesus is saying that we are to feed the hungry and clothe the poor.
Give drink to the thirsty and visit those in prison.

JESUS SAYS that at judgement time He will say to those that obeyed Him that what they did to the least, they also did it for Him and the Kingdom is theirs.

To those who did NOT do as He commanded, He will say that they did not either to man or to HIM, and they will go away into eternal punishment.
Mathew 25:46

Why do you preach what will cause many to go into eternal punishment?

Could you show me one verse where Jesus says that we are to do NOTHING and will still be saved?

Every time Jesus open His mouth to talk, He is teaching as what we are TO DO.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The Law of Moses was given by Jesus (God) to the Jews. It has not been abolished. It has been set aside by God so that He can show His love for mankind. The law as been set aside but at the end of the age of God's grace it will be used to judge mankind.

Has anyone seen the only ones (sheep and goat judgement) not sent to Hades were those who blessed the Jews during the 7 years of God's wrath. No other reason was given. It will fulfill Jesus' (GOD) promise that those that blessed the Jews would be blessed and those that cursed the Jews would be cursed. God keeps His promises and today we are under His grace (if you believe your are because of His promise) But the religious believe in their works to complete their salvation showing God that they do not believe in His grace.
If I work I show God I do not believe in His grace???
Where does it say this in scripture?

What I read from Paul is that he warns new believers that if God was willing to cut off the original branches (the jews) for unbelief, all the more should we fear that God will cut US off since we have been grafted in.

IF WE CONTINUE in His kindness we will be saved, otherwise WE will also be cut off.
Romans 11:19.23

God keeps HIS promise.
We must also keep our promise to obey Him.
John 14:21

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
What did Jesus say about the 5,000 that he fed?

Show me the word Gentile in James 1:1 and I will include what James wrote to be written to me too. James was under the Law of Moses and wrote to those under the Law of Moses and that if a person is under the Law of Moses he must do the works of the Law of Moses. Under grace (Paul's gospel of God's grace), no works are required except the work that His Son did on the cross. There is a study on this forum about the book of James and I am not going to repeat here.
No need to see the word "gentile".
James was writing to Jewish Christians AFTER Jesus had already died and resurrected and ascended.

Do you believe there were two messages?
One for the Jews and one for the Gentiles?
This is incorrect. Every letter is for every Christian, either jewish or gentile.
Romans 10:12

I find that those who care not to do ANY work will Always find an excuse.
Either the Law is not for them, or the writer was writing to the Jews...

Almost all the Writers of the N.T. spent years with Jesus.
They are writing to those that wish TO FOLLOW Jesus.
Whoever they may be.

Read any commentary on James 1.
"The 12 Tribes" was meant to indicate the entire jewish nation.
This was meant symbolically and was meant for all CHRISTIAN JEWS who were dispersed abroad.

Check 2:1 where James refers his Readers as "brothers", as believers in "our Glorious Lord."

verse 5:7 James tells his "brothers" to wait patiently for our Lord.

Were they non-converted JEWS waiting for the Lord?
NO!

James is writing to YOU.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus is saying that we are to feed the hungry and clothe the poor.
Give drink to the thirsty and visit those in prison.
You still miss the whole point, Jesus and God are all about love, Love can do no wrong. The law will never be done away with because there will always be bad people who need rules and teh law in itself is good. Those who walk in Love as Jesus did, need no laws, because Love cannot do any wrong, Doesnt stop you from making mistakes, but for them there is no judgement. SO look if you choose teh law, than go right ahead that is your choice, but as I said than you deny grace, for those mistakes you make, and if you want to run around teh world doing works, just be careful in what heart you do them so that you dont end up like these.

Mat_7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would like to express a Quote from God, from the 10 commandments!

"I AM" the God that brought you out of the land of Egypt, from bondage
If you look at His claim, I AM one could see it as a indicative commandment, as the rest are imperative.
for me it is saying to me BELIEVE, I AM Believe that I AM, Believe that JESUS IS, Abraham Believed, and it was attributed to Him as Righteousness, as far as Grace goes, I believe that Grace is the empowerment to live Above the Law, in a wicked and Adulterous world, the Law is written on our Hearts, and the Spirit convicts us when we begin to transgress the Law, for Iniquity is the transgression of the Law.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
You still miss the whole point, Jesus and God are all about love, Love can do no wrong. The law will never be done away with because there will always be bad people who need rules and teh law in itself is good. Those who walk in Love as Jesus did, need no laws, because Love cannot do any wrong, Doesnt stop you from making mistakes, but for them there is no judgement. SO look if you choose teh law, than go right ahead that is your choice, but as I said than you deny grace, for those mistakes you make, and if you want to run around teh world doing works, just be careful in what heart you do them so that you dont end up like these.

Mat_7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mathew 7:23
"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you, Depart from Me, you who practice LAWLESSNESS."
NASB

How would we know what Lawlessness IS, without the Law?

We might be talking passed each other.
Of course LOVE covers a multitude of sin.
If we love God and ourselves as also our neighbor, we will do no harm.
This is true.

But without the Law can we know what is wrong?
Jesus brought the Law to a higher level.
Coveting is wrong.
If there were no Law, I might not steal my neighbor's car, but I might covet it.
By coveting that car, I become unhappy and envious. Jesus means to change me from the inside out. I'm not sure that could be done without the Law, because I wouldn't know that coveting is wrong.

Following the Law does not deny grace.
We are not saved by our works or good deeds.
We are saved by God's grace alone. Nothing we do could ever save us.
But we also should not preach that the Law is dead because it is not, as stated by Jesus Himself.

Acts 17:30-31
We are no longer ignorant and God wants us to change.
There is coming a day when the entire human race will be judged by the One He has appointed, confirming Him by raising Him from the dead.
Jesus will be our final judge.
I, for one, will follow all that Jesus said.
And he did NOT say the Law is abolished.
Mathew 5:17

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Make no mistake. I am FOR grace. Just look at my name. That does not deny that we're to keep the Law also. I find it a little bit Dangerous to say that the Law is not for us.

God gave the Isaelites the Commandments because they had been in slavery a long time and had lost all concept of civility. They were too concerned with just staying alive to think about anything else.

So the decalogue was given to show them how to live propery and follow Laws that could create for them a civil community. I'm sure you remember what they did when Moses went up Mt. Sinai.
Exodus 32

We know that the Law was given also as a tutor to show that it cannot be kept. And, in fact, it was not even by the Israelites.
Galatians 3:24

Through Jesus' sacrifice and through the Holy Spirit we are now empowered to keep the Law (as best we can).

The Law has NOT been abolished, which is what you make it sound like.

The Law has not been abolished, nor has all Prophecy been fulfilled, till heaven and earth pass away, even to a casual observer the earth and heavens are still here. many claim that all was fulfilled at the execution stake, or cross if you prefer, there is much to happen in this world before our Savior takes His place as KING, as we were told to watch, Jesus told His Disciples, when you see the Abomination of desolation, flee. Go to the thread, What Did Jesus Fulfill, I believe everything I posted there!!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I would like to express a Quote from God, from the 10 commandments!

"I AM" the God that brought you out of the land of Egypt, from bondage
If you look at His claim, I AM one could see it as a indicative commandment, as the rest are imperative.
for me it is saying to me BELIEVE, I AM Believe that I AM, Believe that JESUS IS, Abraham Believed, and it was attributed to Him as Righteousness, as far as Grace goes, I believe that Grace is the empowerment to live Above the Law, in a wicked and Adulterous world, the Law is written on our Hearts, and the Spirit convicts us when we begin to transgress the Law, for Iniquity is the transgression of the Law.
Abraham believed and was right with God.
But didn't Abraham obey every time God told him to do something?
Did he not leave Ur? Didn't he leave Harran? Didn't he give the better land to Lot?
And finally even Isaiah?

I hear some say that we are ONLY to believe. This is what I don't agree with.

Is grace the empowerment to live above the Law?
Yes. God's grace does help us.
And also, Jesus said He would send the Holy Spirit to be our helper.

Without the power of God, we would be helpless in the face of this wicked world, as you said.

Reactions: Truth

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The Law has not been abolished, nor has all Prophecy been fulfilled, till heaven and earth pass away, even to a casual observer the earth and heavens are still here. many claim that all was fulfilled at the execution stake, or cross if you prefer, there is much to happen in this world before our Savior takes His place as KING, as we were told to watch, Jesus told His Disciples, when you see the Abomination of desolation, flee. Go to the thread, What Did Jesus Fulfill, I believe everything I posted there!!
Truth,
You can't post what you believe ONE TIME and then send people to where you posted your belief !!

That's not how conversation happens.
What DID Jesus fulfill?
What does fulfill mean?
(in 25 words or less)

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Without the power of God, we would be helpless in the face of this wicked world, as you said.
Amen, so if you are living above the law what is it to do with you. As I said, Love can do no wrong doesnt mean in this world you wont make mistakes. . What was it Jesus said of the Holy Spirit

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Do you really need the law to tell you that kicking someone in teh head is wrong.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Amen, so if you are living above the law what is it to do with you. As I said, Love can do no wrong doesnt mean in this world you wont make mistakes. . What was it Jesus said of the Holy Spirit

Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Do you really need the law to tell you that kicking someone in teh head is wrong.
LOL
No! I know kicking someone in the head is wrong.

Can we get the following straight?:
There is the Law of Moses.
The 10 commandments and all those other rules and regulations.

The 10 C are the MORAL LAW.
All the other rules and regulations are the Civil Law and the Ceremonial Law.
These are the three types of Law in the O.T.

The Civil Law and Ceremonial Law have been done away with. Jesus DID abolish those - they are no longer practiced.

The Moral Law, the Decalogue, was NOT abolished. God will NEVER abolish the Moral Law.

We are no longer UNDER THE LAW, as in the Old Covenant, but we still have Law, even in the New Covenant.

I don't need the Law, the moral Law because if I love the Lord I will do my best not to harm Him. This is all well with me.

I do hear some say that all we need to do is BELIEVE and nothing else is necessary.
THIS I do not agree with.

It sounded to me like you might be saying that.
I'm sorry if I've misunderstood you.
I'm in Agreement that if we follow Jesus' two commandments, we do not need the rest.
1. Love God
2. Love your neighbor as yourself

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Abraham believed and was right with God.
But didn't Abraham obey every time God told him to do something?
Did he not leave Ur? Didn't he leave Harran? Didn't he give the better land to Lot?
And finally even Isaiah?

I hear some say that we are ONLY to believe. This is what I don't agree with.

For the past 16 years I have observed the Torah of Moses, I Have tried to keep the Feasts as best I could, these were all Commanded to keep Forever throughout your Generations, I truly Believe in the One Who Laid down His Life on the Stake made from a tree that He Created, and was in the Heart of the Earth, for THREE days and THREE nights, you know as the Prophet Jonah, and was Raised to Life, and now sits at the right hand of the Father, How else but by the Love and Grace of God we surly can live Above the Law, not by my strength but BY HIS STRENGTH HIS GRACE. when I say above I mean that I strive to excel with the Law, as one would try to win a foot race! and by no means do I think that I am saved by the Law, I try because I Love Him, If You Love Me Keep My Commandments. When You Love Someone, you will do what they ask! People say that Abraham didn't keep any commandments, but in Genesis when God passes the Covenant to Issac God says because Abraham obeyed My voice, kept My statutes, and my Commandments! so on this Covenant goes to You Issac. not word for word but it is there, the first part is enough to find it, I do not remember Chapt & verse well.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth,
You can't post what you believe ONE TIME and then send people to where you posted your belief !!

That's not how conversation happens.
What DID Jesus fulfill?
What does fulfill mean?
(in 25 words or less)

Your Killn me, I believe in the Word as a whole, I believe that the Old Testament has more to do with us today, than it did when it was written. I believe that it was Paul that said that it was written for our admonition! Basically I am a Christian with Hebrew Roots, I want to be as it is in Prophecy, One of Israel companions!! Grafted into the Root, Joined into the Commonwealth of Israel.
I outlined the Spring Feast in the other thread