What does the word ALL mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
It sounds like you might be against works. They do seem to be getting an ugly reputation these days.
i really don't understand that at all myself. i wonder if it is a way to remove oneself from culpability for the actions of those to whom one's allegiance has been pledged, maybe? dunno

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Jesus said :" ONE new commandment I leave with you.......LOVE God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength and with all your mind
AND the 2nd. is LIKE the first ( thus He is able to say One commandment, because they are almost identical) Love others as you love yourself". This is what brings pleasure to God, when you choose to put ALL your faith IN HIM and what He says here...........
Pia,
What brings pleasure to God is when you obey His word.
Jesus said that if we obey Him,we love Him.
John 14:15

John, who spent years with Jesus said that if we do not OBEY the Son, the wrath of God abides on us. If we want to obey Jesus, we must DO what He said to do. He said to DO many things.
John 3:36

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
i really don't understand that at all myself. i wonder if it is a way to remove oneself from culpability for the actions of those to whom one's allegiance has been pledged, maybe? dunno
BB
It's called Easy Believism.

Make it easy and get those churches filled up.
NOTHING IS REQUIRED --- ONLY BELIEVE.

Too bad Jesus never said this.
He said we are TO DO.
He said we are TO OBEY.

Jesus is God and God never changed His mind on what He desires from us.

It's a way of excusing one's self from doing whatever they want to do.
Even if it's nothing.

Reactions: Truth and bbyrd009

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Looks like you mind is already made up...as is mine. :)
I never try to persuade anyone to believe what I believe.
That's between you and the Lord .....

As bbyrd009 mentioned , to see your whole post...just click the right hand side of your quoted name above after the word...'said'
There are no Forum rules saying that we must quote a whole post of a person. :)
Bless you....H
My mind is made up and I don't intend to change yours.
I do however, wish to let those reading along the other side of the story.

Teaching that God requires nothing of us is a Dangerous teaching.
It is NOT what Jesus taught.
Jesus is God.
I like to do what HE said to do.
I like to learn from HIM.

As far as posting the Whole post, yeah, I know I'm not going to change the world.
I haven't found that option you told me about yet. I will eventually.
It just seems to be a courteous thing to me. It makes everything be right in front of you. No going back and forth.

Thanks for the tip.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It just seems to be a courteous thing to me. It makes everything be right in front of you. No going back and forth.
i hear ya, but you will see that even when one quotes your whole post, if you were just asking a quick question, you end up having to go back to get the context again anyway. My biggest complaint is, having gone "back," there is no easy way to go "forth," but there is always a trade off i guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

Jesus is God.

As far as posting the Whole post, yeah, I know I'm not going to change the world.

Thanks for the tip.
we have to change our own minds, ya.

now, which part of your post am i replying to there? :)
you have to make an assumption now

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Jesus is God.

Thanks for the tip.

God DID very much " require " something...that is the whole POINT.
And Jesus was sent because man could in himself never be all God required.
You either believe that Jesus paid the full price, or you don't!!

And YES He 'requires' us to believe 100% and have total faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ His Son.
And yes, God 'requires' that we LOVE....and as I have already said ...IF WE LOVE as He has 'required' , our hearts WILL do His will . Therefore keeping the law written in our hearts. ALL this can not be done by 'trying'....it is done by staying 'in Christ' and by the Soirit of God.

Either you can see the truth that Paul speaks of, or you can't.
I am not in a peeing contest to see who can out-scripture whom.
We have the revelation of what it is saying, or we don't.

Maybe you should re-think your avatar name....it doesn't seem as if you have yet had the full revelation of Grace!! Just saying.
Every blessing.....H

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Pia,
What brings pleasure to God is when you obey His word.
Jesus said that if we obey Him,we love Him.
John 14:15

John, who spent years with Jesus said that if we do not OBEY the Son, the wrath of God abides on us. If we want to obey Jesus, we must DO what He said to do. He said to DO many things.
John 3:36

And what are we told to OBEY?

1) LOVE GOD WITH EVERYTHING WE HAVE.
2). LOVE OUR NEIGHBOUR ....
Personally it looks like some people spend their life 'trying' to keep the Ten Commandments reather than ....doing what Jesus said the Two Great commandments on which all the law hangs. HIS words, not mine.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

I agree that no one can change our mind except God.

I'm replying to you in the color blue.
LOL

There are at least two ways we could do this.
Here's one...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

We can only change our minds if God tells us to.

If only you had posted it all and done what I did either here or in my post just before this!!

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BB
It's called Easy Believism.

Make it easy and get those churches filled up.
NOTHING IS REQUIRED --- ONLY BELIEVE.

Too bad Jesus never said this.
He said we are TO DO.
He said we are TO OBEY.

Jesus is God and God never changed His mind on what He desires from us.

It's a way of excusing one's self from doing whatever they want to do.
Even if it's nothing.

I do not like people that try to put the understanding of others under a negative saying.

Only the ones, like you, come up with ""EASY BELIEVISM"". You only rely on the teachings that Jesus gave to the Jews who were under the law of Moses. Jesus did not set the law aside for the Jews while He was here on earth and His teaching reflected that. Grace could not be instituted until Jesus shed His blood to pay for all the sins of the world.

But He (JESUS) gave Paul a message of God's grace for the Gentiles and anyone else that will believe it. I suppose you will call faith in what Jesus did on the cross "EASY FAITH"". But it isn't easy when there are those that disagree. Perhaps you should spend more study on what Paul wrote. There is a reason that all the religious people of his time persecuted him.

If you don't believe Paul then you missed reading this;

2 Peter 3:15-16
15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation — as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you,
16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
NKJV

Note that Peter has equated Paul's writings to being scriptures. But I don't think you will even believe Peter.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I do not like people that try to put the understanding of others under a negative saying.
i don't either, my interpretation is no better than yours, say, and i guess i prolly came off as doing that earlier, when really what i mean to do is ask "if that is so, how can this other verse of Scripture be true?" even if i am not always so good at putting it like that. But let's be honest, the last thing most people want to do is actually pick up their cross and follow Christ, either. Easy believism is a thing

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truth,
I think we all must do what God tells us to do.
I mean, when you say you observe the Torah of Moses I have to believe that you mean the decalogue and the feast days. It's true that God does not change and the feasts days were forever, inluding the Sabbath. In fact, keeping the Sabbath is one of the 10 commandments and when did God ever change it? Can we be sure He was resurrected on Sunday? There is doubt.

You mentioned the Covenants and it's true that each covenant does not abolish the previous one but builds on it.

But let me ask you this: What's the difference between the Old, or Mosaic Covenant and the New Covenant?

Many believe the LAW has been abolished in the N.C., but Jesus said He did Not abolish the Law.

Is there a difference for you?

The difference, Old and New? First of all the label New Testament, Should read Renewed Covenant, a simple word Reference check will show this.
Jesus laid down His Life to Pay the Death Penalty, for the breaking of the Blood Covenant established at Mt Sinai, He also paid the Price for all Sin, remember God wanted to Smoke Israel after the Golden Calf deal, Moses by virtue of expressing to God that the Nations would think that He was not able to save these People and that they were lead out to just be Killed, after which the Tent of Meeting was made with all the Sacrificial ordinances, with which none were able to remove Intentional Sin. also after the giving of the 10 Commandments, the People didn't want to hear the Voice of God any more, and in the Dialog between God and Moses, God says to Moses, IF ONLY THEY HAD THE HEART, to fear Me and keep My Commandments. the Difference is that By Faith we Believe, and the Holy Spirit within us, which is the Love of God, His Spirit, and the Law Written in our Hearts, that we willingly keep His Commandments, because we Love Him, knowing that He Loved us First. Many will say that we are being Legalistic, I call it being Obedient, but Keeping the rules and regulations and Commandments of Men is being Legalistic, Dogma. I do not understand why Paul is the definable Authority in the New Testament, What ever Happened to all the RED letter words that were supposed to Have been the Words of OUR Savior, and as you have said, Matthew 5 - 17 these were the First words of our Savior recorded through the Apostle- Matthew, Matthew is the Gospel about the King from Heaven, laying down the Rule for the Kingdom! Sorry I do get long winded!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
God DID very much " require " something...that is the whole POINT.
And Jesus was sent because man could in himself never be all God required.
You either believe that Jesus paid the full price, or you don't!!

Maybe "require" is the wrong word?
I guess I meant DEMAND. God DEMANDS of us.
He demands that we obey Him.

I believe that Jesus paid the full price.
Now what? I think WE are also to do OUR part...

Titus 2:13-14 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
13 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus,

14 who gave Himself for usto redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

And YES He 'requires' us to believe 100% and have total faith in the finished work of Jesus Christ His Son.
And yes, God 'requires' that we LOVE....and as I have already said ...IF WE LOVE as He has 'required' , our hearts WILL do His will . Therefore keeping the law written in our hearts. ALL this can not be done by 'trying'....it is done by staying 'in Christ' and by the Soirit of God.

Either you can see the truth that Paul speaks of, or you can't.
I am not in a peeing contest to see who can out-scripture whom.
We have the revelation of what it is saying, or we don't.

No need for revelation ByGrace. It's as plain as day, just read the Word.
It's easy enough to discern the good. Calling doing good NOT the truth is a Dangerous position to take. You said:

"Either you can see the truth that Paul speaks of, or you can't"

What YOU are saying is that Paul says we are only to believe and love.
We're to do more than that, as per Jesus' instructions.

Hebrews 5:14 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
14 But solid food is for the mature, who because of practice have their senses trained to discern good and evil.

Maybe you should re-think your avatar name....it doesn't seem as if you have yet had the full revelation of Grace!! Just saying.
Every blessing.....H

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy

Only the ones, like you, come up with ""EASY BELIEVISM"". You only rely on the teachings that Jesus gave to the Jews who were under the law of Moses. Jesus did not set the law aside for the Jews while He was here on earth and His teaching reflected that. Grace could not be instituted until Jesus shed His blood to pay for all the sins of the world.

I didn't coin the phrase Easy Believism. It's used by preachers all the time. Try listening to Christian TV sometime. Or even YouTube. It measn something very specific. It means people who want an easy system to follow Jesus because MAYBE by their standards, He made it just too difficult.

Jesus said "My yoke is easy and My burden is light". This is because we have the Holy Spirit to help us along. There's no need to be afraid of the word WORK. or GOOD DEEDS.

Yes. I DO rely on the teachings of Jesus. Don't you?? Are you saying that what Jesus preached for over three years was only for the Jews? And you're saying Grace was not instituted till AFTER Jesus died and was resurrected?

So you're saying there was no grace before Jesus? GOD did not give us His grace before Jesus? You believe this is an attribute God ACQUIRED? No. God was Always the same. He showered us with His grace before and after Jesus. God IS grace and mercy.

Psalm 84:11
Lamentations 3:22
Exodus 34:6
Psalm 23
Proverbs 3:34

Wasn't it God's grace that freed the Isreailites from salvery in Egypt?

But He (JESUS) gave Paul a message of God's grace for the Gentiles and anyone else that will believe it. I suppose you will call faith in what Jesus did on the cross "EASY FAITH"". But it isn't easy when there are those that disagree. Perhaps you should spend more study on what Paul wrote. There is a reason that all the religious people of his time persecuted him.

If you don't believe Paul then you missed reading this;

2 Peter 3:15-16
15 and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation — as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you,
16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
NKJV

Note that Peter has equated Paul's writings to being scriptures. But I don't think you will even believe Peter.

I believe Paul, Peter and our Lord. IF I ever have a doubt, I go by what Jesus said. Although, in this case, I see no conflict at all and don't understand why you do.[/QUOTE]

Click.....

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
your going to find that a worse problem than just learning where the invisible button is right after "said:" at the top of a quote, but you may certainly do as you like here.

the advantage to using the button is you will quite often find that you need to click back through several posts to get to a previous quoted concept of yours or the responders. And the "worse problem" of your method is that you break that system, so no one who responds to you can easily use it, and also now they have to also reply by breaking into a quote, and after about 3 of those it gets impossible to determine who said what.

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
The difference, Old and New? First of all the label New Testament, Should read Renewed Covenant, a simple word Reference check will show this.
Jesus laid down His Life to Pay the Death Penalty, for the breaking of the Blood Covenant established at Mt Sinai, He also paid the Price for all Sin, remember God wanted to Smoke Israel after the Golden Calf deal, Moses by virtue of expressing to God that the Nations would think that He was not able to save these People and that they were lead out to just be Killed, after which the Tent of Meeting was made with all the Sacrificial ordinances, with which none were able to remove Intentional Sin. also after the giving of the 10 Commandments, the People didn't want to hear the Voice of God any more, and in the Dialog between God and Moses, God says to Moses, IF ONLY THEY HAD THE HEART, to fear Me and keep My Commandments. the Difference is that By Faith we Believe, and the Holy Spirit within us, which is the Love of God, His Spirit, and the Law Written in our Hearts, that we willingly keep His Commandments, because we Love Him, knowing that He Loved us First. Many will say that we are being Legalistic, I call it being Obedient, but Keeping the rules and regulations and Commandments of Men is being Legalistic, Dogma. I do not understand why Paul is the definable Authority in the New Testament, What ever Happened to all the RED letter words that were supposed to Have been the Words of OUR Savior, and as you have said, Matthew 5 - 17 these were the First words of our Savior recorded through the Apostle- Matthew, Matthew is the Gospel about the King from Heaven, laying down the Rule for the Kingdom! Sorry I do get long winded!

hand-clap-smiley-emoticon.gif

100% correct.
No covenant abolished the previous one. It either added to it or made it better.
The New Covenant is a better Covenant because it makes it possible for us to FOLLOW THE LAW, it does not Abolish The Law. As some would have us believe.

And yes, some do love Paul much better than they love Jesus. The One who Hung on that cross.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
your going to find that a worse problem than just learning where the invisible button is right after "said:" at the top of a quote, but you may certainly do as you like here.

the advantage to using the button is you will quite often find that you need to click back through several posts to get to a previous quoted concept of yours or the responders. And the "worse problem" of your method is that you break that system, so no one who responds to you can easily use it, and also now they have to also reply by breaking into a quote, and after about 3 of those it gets impossible to determine who said what.
I can't find what you're talking about!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I can't find what you're talking about!
if you just look at the top of this post, see that i have quoted you, right. Ok, where it says "GodsGrace said:" if you hover just to the right of the colon, your pointer will change (prolly to a little "hand," if you are in Win10). you can then click to go up to your post, that was quoted. Retarded being invisible, i know. Why you could not just click anywhere on the bar there, i don't know. just arg, lol