What does your username mean?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, that's so cool! I never thought about it before but I would think Enoch and Elijah because they didn't see death and no other good reason

If you do a thread on this I claim front student seat

To me, it always made more sense that it’s Enoch and Elijah, because they never died. If Moses were killed, he would die a second time, but it’s appointed for men to die once. Having said that, I wonder about Lazarus. He died and was raised, so I wonder what happened when his time was then up on earth. Also some others were brought back from death so…they already died once.
Just me rambling and wondering…

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To me, it always made more sense that it’s Enoch and Elijah, because they never died. If Moses were killed, he would die a second time, but it’s appointed for men to die once. Having said that, I wonder about Lazarus. He died and was raised, so I wonder what happened when his time was then up on earth. Also some others were brought back from death so…they already died once.
Just me rambling and wondering…
That makes sense to me. I never actually thought about it until last night and didn't look much into it.

I may look into the letters between Herod and Pilate and see if it mentions anything. They mention the "problem" of the prophets raising from the dead after the crucifixion. I believe Moses was included in that, but I don't remember if they said what happened after.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like @Hidden In Him avatar. It's almost as cool as mine.

My name was selected for what I do; wrangle. If we all agreed all the time, what fun would that be. Lot's of times I take the opposing view just to see what happens.

The benefit of this is well know and why companies push for diversity and cross-functional decision-making. Just yesterday in a big meeting, I wrangled against what I thought we should do. I consider it almost due diligence to ferret out weaknesses in ones conclusions.

Many times in life we do not get the luxury of choosing between good and bad but we must choose between different kinds of bad. In Ezekiel 4 or 5, I was reading about how the prophet could not submit to the will of God in cooking his bread over human dung. God relented and allowed him the luxury of cooking his bread for 390 days over cow dung. That's a wrangle, right there! :eek:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Letters…?? Where? I never heard of them…definitely going to look into THAT! :)
Oh! Here you go.

The Lost Books of the Bible: Letters of Herod and Pilate

These don't belong in the Bible. I look at them more from a historical point of view. It is around "Concerning our Lord Jesus Christ; which was Sent to Augustus Cæsar, in Rome" that they talk about the crucifixion miracles. You can line them up with the book of Matthew.

The first line starts off "IN those days, when our Lord Jesus Christ was crucified under Pontius Pilate, the governor of Palestine and Phoenicia, the things here recorded came to pass in Jerusalem, and were done by the Jews against the Lord." To make it easier to find. ;)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry to say but You do know about all the women that were abused over the years and also bought them out from Court actions and used underhanded threats and all.
That's part in parcel what a managers Job does and why he get half the money they earn, so as to keep them and the product looking clean and buying off the MSM in fact.
such as that has all been documented from many a bands. not to mention such as push drugs and the drug culture destroying many lives. well that's just the other side of the coin in reality of all such bands.
A Christian should never idolise any thing or person ever, because such is a delusion.
Public relations and such managers are all about creating deceptions.
This is truth ... thank you. Since I was saved at age 13, the Lord revealed to me the demonic behind secular music and I never had an appetite for it since. Every now and then, I'll find a love song (Christian/clean) that encourages love in marriage. But 99.9999% of what I listen to is Christian music (praise and worship or southern gospel).