What Everyone Should Know about the SABBATH.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe as Scott falsely teaches or suffer the consequences of hell, big smiles!

Jim Jones, David Koresh, is that you?
Do you not think that doing as Israel who killed the prophets and those sent to her, will not bring upon you the same as came upon them? And do you think that "Weeping and gnashing of teeth", "the unforgivable sin", and "I never knew you" were idle threats?

It would have been better if you had heard what the Spirit says to the churches. But you hear not.

Reactions: ChristisGod

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No disrespect to the OP or to the Old Testament intended, but, you'll have a healthier life if you join a gym, then by keeping Shabbat, which by the way is Saturday, = in Israel where Jesus walked and taught and the Torah was created, ... Sunday, is the first day of the week.
Yes, perhaps for health; but the good from God that I was referring to comes from portraying the rest that is promised to all who return to Him...which is not Saturday or Sunday, but the Last day, that day and hour which no one knows but the Father.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you not think that doing as Israel who killed the prophets and those sent to her, will not bring upon you the same as came upon them? And do you think that "Weeping and gnashing of teeth", "the unforgivable sin", and "I never knew you" were idle threats?

It would have been better if you had heard what the Spirit says to the churches. But you hear not.
Scott I don't consider or view you as a prophet of God, far from it in my opinion, your eschatology and theology is way out in left field, my observation and opinion

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 14:5
In the same way, some think one day is more holy than another day, while others think every day is alike. You should each be fully convinced that whichever day you choose is acceptable. :)

The Law of Liberty in Romans 14 below :

Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. 5 One person regards a certain day above the others, while someone else considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who observes a special day does so to the Lord; he who eats does so to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.…

Galatians 4:8-11
Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. 9 But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? 10 You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! 11 I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you.

hope this helps !!!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott I don't consider or view you as a prophet of God, far from it in my opinion, your eschatology and theology is way out in left field, my observation and opinion
Obviously. Out in left field like "He who eats My flesh and drinks My blood abides in Me, and I in him."

"My observation and opinion." Right!​

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 14:5
In the same way, some think one day is more holy than another day, while others think every day is alike. You should each be fully convinced that whichever day you choose is acceptable. :)

The Law of Liberty in Romans 14 below :

Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand. 5 One person regards a certain day above the others, while someone else considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who observes a special day does so to the Lord; he who eats does so to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God.…

Galatians 4:8-11
Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. 9 But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? 10 You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! 11 I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you.

hope this helps !!!
Nice Northern Salmon Christophany!

The fishing is wide open down south, catching Dorado and Marlin 2-4 miles out of Long Beach, Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, Marina Del Rey

Just saw a few Dorado show up in Ventura counts, water is like 72-74 degrees

Reactions: ChristisGod

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice Northern Salmon Christophany!

The fishing is wide open down south, catching Dorado and Marlin 2-4 miles out of Long Beach, Palos Verdes, Redondo Beach, Marina Del Rey

Just saw a few Dorado show up in Ventura counts, water is like 72-74 degrees
My brother went down last weekend and caught limits of dorado. I had fish tacos this week :)

He is going down for 2 more trips for yellowfin and yellowtail in September on a 6 pack boat

Reactions: Truth7t7

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you willing to accept the penalty for violation of the 6th Commandment?
Yes sir I am, I have never violated it, although I did put myself in the position of doing it once. Thankfully I came to my senses prior.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've never been angry with anyone unreasonably? Without good cause? Ever?

Certainly Brake, often in fact. I am a very considerate, but aggressive driver, when others do not show the same consideration, I tend to think they are personally messing with me even though they are likely just poor drivers, so I get angry and use my favorite word for them Mo-Ron, Mr Ron, First name Mo, last name Ron, etc. So yes sir, I am guilty of that, but to date I have never murdered them, or anyone, so I am extremely happy that I have not violated that commandment, and it is still a commandment for Christians.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Certainly Brake, often in fact. I am a very considerate, but aggressive driver, when others do not show the same consideration, I tend to think they are personally messing with me even though they are likely just poor drivers, so I get angry and use my favorite word for them Mo-Ron, Mr Ron, First name Mo, last name Ron, etc. So yes sir, I am guilty of that, but to date I have never murdered them, or anyone, so I am extremely happy that I have not violated that commandment, and it is still a commandment for Christians.
What do you think the meaning of Jesus was in saying...
KJV Matthew 5:21-22
21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: (6th commandment)
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Obligating one's self to the Ten Commandments automatically obligates
one's self to all the commandments contained in the covenant that Moses'
people entered into with God on oath per Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and
Deuteronomy. No cherry picking.

Deut 4:2 …You shall not add anything to what I command you or take
anything away from it, but keep the commandments of the Lord your God
that I enjoin upon you.

Deut 5:29-30 …Be careful, then, to do as the Lord your God has
commanded you. Do not turn aside to the right or to the left: follow only the
path that the Lord your God has enjoined upon you

Deut 27:1 …Moses and the elders of Israel commanded the people: "Keep
all these commands that I give you today.

Also:

Jas 2:10-11 . .Whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one
point, he is guilty of all. For He who said, "Do not commit adultery," also
said, "Do not murder." Now if you do not commit adultery, but you do
murder, you have become a transgressor of the law.

Take for example Seventh Day Adventism. Well; according to James, should
an SDA be faithful at keeping the routine day of rest, yet is dishonest at
times; then his observances of the sabbath are nullified because the law
requiring sabbath observance at the same time prohibits dishonesty.

Lev 19:11 . . You shall not deal falsely, nor lie to one another.

Sabbathizers are sort of like hapless beetles struggling to climb a very
smooth flag pole. For every inch the beetles advance upward, they slip and
fall back down two.
_

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Obligating one's self to the Ten Commandments automatically obligates
one's self to all the commandments contained in the covenant that Moses'
people entered into with God on oath per Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and
Deuteronomy. No cherry picking.
So you don't feel obligated to remain loving and faithful toward your wife?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think the meaning of Jesus was in saying...
KJV Matthew 5:21-22
21 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: (6th commandment)
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Great question Brake, although Jesus loved and obeyed God's law, he was a man of principle. He got down to the meaning of the law through understanding. He went beyond the act of committing the crime, and like Jehovah warned Cain, Jesus encourages us to thwart any feeling or temptation that may lead us to commit the actual law violation. This is a prime example. A more understandable rendering of the verse is: However, I say to you that everyone who continues wrathful with his brother will be accountable to the court of justice; and whoever addresses his brother with an unspeakable word of contempt will be accountable to the Supreme Court; whereas whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ will be liable to the fiery Ge·henʹna.

I have always questioned why calling someone a fool would be so severe. With the introduction of Mr T in society it seems to have become commonplace for a while to call someone fool. Now it has kind of evolved into calling others dog. The scene of this world is changing Brake.