What Everyone Should Know about the SABBATH.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The practice points to a "Day Of Physical Rest" it's that simple

Those who follow and keep the 7th day observance are following God's commandment

Those who follow "Sunday" in 1st day observance are following Roman Emperor Constatines law created in 321AD
You seem to have an affinity for what the Sabbath is NOT really about.

Wake up!

The Sabbath does not point to a "Day Of Physical Rest"--For crying out loud--It points to ETERNAL LIFE in Paradise!...the alternative to death and damnation after a short would-be life of unfulfilled hopes and dreams!

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to have an affinity for what the Sabbath is NOT really about.

Wake up!

The Sabbath does not point to a "Day Of Physical Rest"--For crying out loud--It points to ETERNAL LIFE in Paradise!...the alternative to death and damnation after a short would-be life of unfulfilled hopes and dreams!
Wake Up! THE Sabbath Is A Day For "Physical Rest"!

For Crying Out Loud, The Sabbath Was Made For Man To Physically "Rest"!

Mark 2:27KJV
27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

Luke 23:56KJV
56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just attended a lecture about the Sabbath by a well known PHD, Author, and College Professor--and he left out God's purpose for it!

I raised my hand to ask if he knew the purpose of why God put it into practice, and what was greater the practice or the purpose?...but I never got called upon. So I wrote him and told him. But it is a great topic for discussion--and everyone should know and be excited about the [actual] purpose of keeping the Sabbath.

But before I/we begin, a disclaimer: I am happy to defend what information I am about to give, but I am not going to debate it. If anyone is not ready to accept the fact that God had a bigger purpose for the Sabbath practice than the worldly benefits...then you can wallow in the worldly benefits until the end and never mind the kingdom--your choice.

Okay, the Sabbath was announced by God in the creation..."on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done." Genesis 2:2 This was the model or foreshadowing or type of what resulted in the commandment and practice of the Sabbath day given to Israel...which I am not going to go into. You can and should, but again, the point of this discussion is not the practice, but God's purpose for making it a practice.​

The purpose of the Sabbath was revealed, but more importantly answered by and fulfilled by Christ. His comment, saying, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." should suffice. After all of Israel's hundreds of years of practice and the keeping of the Sabbath, and the promise of Messiah to deliver them from every worldly and earthly burdens, bondage, and bringing their salvation--we now should know that it all came with Christ's coming. This is why He referred to Himself as the Lord of the Sabbath, and was able to elaborate. Again, if you have not read of it--you should. Matthew 12

But the simple answer here, and the reason for the years of practice, was the purpose of God to show His intentions of the gift of eternal life brought to us by Christ...which is God's rest.

So...the creation story, and the practice by Israel of keeping the Sabbath was to be a light upon a hill to show the whole world what was and is instore for those who come to salvation through God's Savior, Jesus Christ. Which Jesus eluded to in His prayer to the Father, is that we should become One with them just as they are One.

That's heaven...and the purpose of the practice of Sabbath.

And, yes, if you continue to practice the practice...not only are you practicing for what is to come, but there are indeed worldly benefits relieving stress, etc., but you are also serving God to show future generations all that God has promised through Christ.

I am so very thankful that Christians were not under the obligation to observe the sabbath Scott. It is kind of like the question the man asked Jesus: (Matthew 19:25) . . .Who really can be saved?. . .
Although that was applied to rich people, it applies here as well, who do you know that has observed the Sabbath? I know of no one, not myself or any of my friends, so all of us would have our part in the lake of fire if that law was still on the books my friend.

Reactions: ScottA

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wake Up! THE Sabbath Is A Day For "Physical Rest"!

For Crying Out Loud, The Sabbath Was Made For Man To Physically "Rest"!

Mark 2:27KJV
27 And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man for the sabbath:

56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.
So be it, by that "same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”

Nighty night!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so very thankful that Christians were not under the obligation to observe the sabbath Scott. It is kind of like the question the man asked Jesus: (Matthew 19:25) . . .Who really can be saved?. . .
Although that was applied to rich people, it applies here as well, who do you know that has observed the Sabbath? I know of no one, not myself or any of my friends, so all of us would have our part in the lake of fire if that law was still on the books my friend.
There was a time when the Sabbath practice was law and had severe consequences. Then David fudged as did Jesus' disciples, for which Jesus clarified to those who could hear it, that the Sabbath was never about men resting in the world--but resting rather in God...that eternal rest that was foretold.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who do you know that has observed the Sabbath? I know of no one, not myself or any of my friends, so all of us would have our part in the lake of fire if that law was still on the books my friend.
John 14:15KJV
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Matthew 5:19KJV
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 22:12KJV
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Last edited:

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There was a time when the Sabbath practice was law and had severe consequences. Then David fudged as did Jesus' disciples, for which Jesus clarified to those who could hear it, that the Sabbath was never about men resting in the world--but resting rather in God...that eternal rest that was foretold.
"False"

At no time did Jesus revoke or replace the 7th day Sabbath of rest for the "Physical Human Body"

The 10 commandments are alive and well and in effect today, "All Ten"!

Your bending and twisting of Matthew 11:28-30 below, suggesting "Spiritual Rest" has replaced the 7th day Sabbath "Physical Rest" is Pinocchio's nose is growing again!

Matthew 11:28-30KJV
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Last edited:

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As of March 01, 2022 there were approximately 21,761,076 people
worldwide following Ellen G. White. When taking into consideration the
approximately 2.6 billion Christians of all denominations worldwide; the SDA
accounts for only about .837% of the world's Christians, i.e. 1/119th

The Seventh Day Adventist Church's infatuation with the routine seventh day
of rest is a trivial flaw in its belief system when it's considered that Jesus'
males are not permitted submission to female leaders/counselors in his
church. (1Tim 2:11-14)

FAQ: What about Deborah? She was a strong political/spiritual leader in
Israel during the decadent days of the Judges.

REPLY: Christ's association with his church trumps Deborah's association with the
Jews. (Eph 1:22)

I do not recommend using her, or any other woman in the Bible, as an
excuse to defy Christ's edicts in matters pertaining to the governance of
Christian congregations; not if you wish to remain in his good graces.

1Thess 4:1-2 . .We beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by The Lord
Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please
God, so ye would abound more and more. For ye know what commandments
we gave you by The Lord Jesus.

John 14:15 . . If you love me, you will comply with what I command.

John 14:21 . .Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one
who loves me.

John 14:23-24 . . If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching . . He who
does not love me will not obey my teaching.

John 15:14 . .You are my friends if you do as I wish.
_

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"False"

At no time did Jesus revoke or replace the 7th day Sabbath of rest for the "Physical Human Body"

The 10 commandments are alive and well and in effect today, "All Ten"!

Your bending and twisting of Matthew 11:28-30 below, suggesting "Spiritual Rest" has replaced the 7th day Sabbath "Physical Rest" is Pinocchio's nose is growing again!

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
You contradict yourself and don't even see it: First you say "Physical Rest" and then quote verses of spiritual rest.

Obviously you are confused...or worse, and are claiming that those who are only born of the flesh are equal with those who are also born of the Spirit.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You contradict yourself and don't even see it: First you say "Physical Rest" and then quote verses of spiritual rest.

Obviously you are confused...or worse, and are claiming that those who are only born of the flesh are equal with those who are also born of the Spirit.
It's you who is confused!

Your bending and twisting of Matthew 11:28-30 below, suggesting "Spiritual Rest" has replaced the 7th day Sabbath "Physical Rest" as Pinocchio's nose is growing again!

Yes you bend and twist the "Spiritual Rest" in Jesus Christ below, claiming it has fulfilled the Sabbath day of "Physical Rest" above "Wrong"!

Last edited:

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, death is as severe as you can get Num 15:32-36 I am so very thankful Christians do not have that law any longer Col 2:16,17 as I and everyone I know would have been executed yrs ago

Reactions: ScottA

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes sir, death is as severe as you can get Num 15:32-36 I am so very thankful Christians do not have that law any longer Col 2:16,17 as I and everyone I know would have been executed yrs ago
The admonition below was for those "Keeping" the Sabbath days and New Moons

The Sabbath Days and New Moons are "Eternal" that will be observed in the New Heaven and Earth

Colossians 2:16-17KJV
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Isaiah 66:24-25KJV
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 14:15KJV
15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

Matthew 5:19KJV
19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 22:12KJV
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Have you kept the sabbath sir?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you kept the sabbath sir?
Yes I keep the sabbath of grace shown by Jesus Christ, not the sabbath of the pharisees

I rest on the 7th day, the world follows Sunday the 1st day, closure of government offices, post offices, etc, it's that simple

All 10 commandments are alive and well

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's you who is confused!

Your bending and twisting of Matthew 11:28-30 below, suggesting "Spiritual Rest" has replaced the 7th day Sabbath "Physical Rest" as Pinocchio's nose is growing again!

Yes you bend and twist the "Spiritual Rest" in Jesus Christ below, claiming it has fulfilled the Sabbath day of "Physical Rest" above "Wrong"!

If you do not come around to believing that earthly things point to heavenly things, alternatively making a religion out of the practiced foreshadowing events...weeping and gnashing of teeth are foretold.

I leave you to it.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not come around to believing that earthly things point to heavenly things, alternatively making a religion out of the practiced foreshadowing events...weeping and gnashing of teeth are foretold.

I leave you to it.
Believe as Scott falsely teaches or suffer the consequences of hell, big smiles!

Jim Jones, David Koresh, is that you?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The admonition below was for those "Keeping" the Sabbath days and New Moons

The Sabbath Days and New Moons are "Eternal" that will be observed in the New Heaven and Earth

Colossians 2:16-17KJV
16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Isaiah 66:24-25KJV
22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

We interpret Paul's words differently sir.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I keep the sabbath of grace shown by Jesus Christ, not the sabbath of the pharisees

I rest on the 7th day, the world follows Sunday the 1st day, closure of government offices, post offices, etc, it's that simple

All 10 commandments are alive and well

Thanks for answering 7, I know when the world keeps it, when do you observe it sir?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Good question!
As for keeping the Sabbath "practice"--those who are wise will keep it for their own good.​

No disrespect to the OP or to the Old Testament intended, but, you'll have a healthier life if you join a gym, then by keeping Shabbat, which by the way is Saturday, = in Israel where Jesus walked and taught and the Torah was created, ... Sunday, is the first day of the week.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As of March 01, 2022 there were approximately 21,761,076 people
worldwide following Ellen G. White. When taking into consideration the
approximately 2.6 billion Christians of all denominations worldwide; the SDA
accounts for only about .837% of the world's Christians, i.e. 1/119th

The Seventh Day Adventist Church's infatuation with the routine seventh day
of rest is a trivial flaw in its belief system when it's considered that Jesus'
males are not permitted submission to female leaders/counselors in his
church. (1Tim 2:11-14)

FAQ: What about Deborah? She was a strong political/spiritual leader in
Israel during the decadent days of the Judges.

REPLY: Christ's association with his church trumps Deborah's association with the
Jews. (Eph 1:22)

I do not recommend using her, or any other woman in the Bible, as an
excuse to defy Christ's edicts in matters pertaining to the governance of
Christian congregations; not if you wish to remain in his good graces.

1Thess 4:1-2 . .We beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by The Lord
Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please
God, so ye would abound more and more. For ye know what commandments
we gave you by The Lord Jesus.

John 14:15 . . If you love me, you will comply with what I command.

John 14:21 . .Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one
who loves me.

John 14:23-24 . . If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching . . He who
does not love me will not obey my teaching.

John 15:14 . .You are my friends if you do as I wish.
_
My Bible tells me that the 4th commandment is a part of the law of God, not a law of Ellen White. Seventh Day Adventists obey the 4th Commandment not because Ellen White said to, but because Jesus said, "if ye love Me, keep My commandments". Tell me. Whose Commandment are you observing in keeping Sunday, or no day? By whose authority was Sunday established?

Reactions: Truth7t7