What Genre of Christian Music Do You Enjoy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What Genre Of Christian Music Do you Like to Listen to?

• Scripture in Song

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Hymns

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Ole Time

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Country

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Praise /Worship/old and new

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Contemporary/Pop/modern

• Instrumental/orchestral

• Other

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi Farouk,
I like lots of different music , not just Christian worship songs ( modern ones mostly )
Having four children ranging in ages, ( all liking different music ) and a Husband who like Queen, status quo ect, and I grew up in the 60-70’s - my music taste is very mixed, but very middle of the road...... don’t like heavy rock, country, classical ( unless it’s linked to a film ) .......at work we mainly have music on from the 60-70’s - so we all song along xx
Rita

@Rita So you're probably a lady into soft rock, if not quite into hard rock; there can be some really good Christian lyrics to both soft rock (and in my humble opinion, hard rock can work, too).

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi Farouk,
I like lots of different music , not just Christian worship songs ( modern ones mostly )
Having four children ranging in ages, ( all liking different music ) and a Husband who like Queen, status quo ect, and I grew up in the 60-70’s - my music taste is very mixed, but very middle of the road...... don’t like heavy rock, country, classical ( unless it’s linked to a film ) .......at work we mainly have music on from the 60-70’s - so we all song along xx
Rita
Hi @Rita PS: With rock music, sometimes the issue is how loudly it's played, I also think.

Some ppl say they don't like heavy or hard rock, but then if it's played not very loudly in the background they will often be familiar with the track and not find it objectionable and even like it sometimes.

Anyway I do find tracks such as Disciple's Battle Lines effective in presenting Biblical lyrics well.

(2...)