What gospel did Jesus preached?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Well Jesus certainly didn't preach a twisted gospel that's for sure. Why is there so many different messages compared to the early Church? We are living 2000 years into the end times, there are hundreds of different doctrines and many denominations, there is a lot of division, and a lot of deception, there is a lot of legalism and a lot of worldliness. As the 2nd coming gets nearer, there will be a lot more of the above coming out, it's the sign of the times, and that's why it's so important that we stay close to Jesus during these times.

What gospel did Jesus preach?

He preached grace through Jesus, He preached life in Jesus, He preached true Righteousness is only through Christ all by the death and resurrection and the blood He shed for our sins, Jesus preached every fruit of the Holy Spirit, love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self control, He preached Spiritual gifts, He preached prayer and to praise and worship Him Lord Jesus, He preached the Holy Spirit, He preached miracles, signs, wonders, heal the sick, cast out demons, feed the poor, spread the word of Him, encourage one and another through Christ, He preached the power of God, He preached Salvation, He preached His 2nd coming, He preached His Father's will, to look to Him, believe in Him and if you do you shall have eternal life and that means believing in the wholeness of Jesus, which is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, you cannot believe in 2 and leave the other out. The Gospel is based on Jesus Christ the risen King, the one and only true God.

And it can all be summarized to Jesus preached the Gospel of Jesus Christ and Him crucified and His resurrection. It's the message of Jesus Christ and what He did for us on that Cross. Jimmy Swaggart sums it up well, The Message of the Cross is a good program.

Hallelujah. Praise the Lord, glory to Jesus for the Gospel and the word of God. :D

Nowhere in the Bible does it say Jesus preached Grace. Yes, Grace is good news, but Grace is not The gospel.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Jesus is Jehovah = Christians are the true Jehovah witnesses imho - twinc

Jehovah Witnesses do promote an aspect of the gospel of the kingdom of God, but it's lacking much of what Jesus preached. But they are closer to preaching the gospel than the vast majority of christians, who preach Grace, Calvary or promote Jesus as the gospel, which Jesus never did or commanded anyone to do so as the gospel.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is a simple question to which I could provide the answer to. But I would like to have a discourse about and why christians are not preaching the same message?
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? (John 11:25,26).

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nowhere in the Bible does it say Jesus preached Grace.
So you are looking for a Scripture which says exlplicity "Jesus preached grace"? That's not how it works. Here is how He preached grace (John 3:13-17):

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is Jehovah = Christians are the true Jehovah witnesses imho - twinc[/QUOTE

I understand you believe Jesus to be Jehovah, I believe Jesus to be The Only begotten Son of Jehovah, thus showing Jehovah to be The Father and God of Jesus.(John 20: 17- 18;Rev. 1:6; 3:2,3)

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
So you are looking for a Scripture which says exlplicity "Jesus preached grace"? That's not how it works. Here is how He preached grace (John 3:13-17):

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

That was a onetime act, but He never went around preaching that as the gospel. In fact, even His disciples never knew He was going to be crucified until at the end of His three and a half year ministry. If you are willing to be receptive to the scriptures, and do your research in the Bible, you will see where it say that Jesus went about preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and commanded His disciples to do the same.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? (John 11:25,26).

That was something Jesus said once....He never preached that. Not ever word that Jesus say is the gospel. The gospel is a specific message that was given to Him by the Father to preach. Jesus having a conversation with someone is not preaching. What Jesus was doing in John 11:25, 25 is teaching. Preaching is for those in the world, but teaching is for those who believe the gospel. That is what Jesus said is the way it should be done. One doesn't preach in Church, they teach.

Mark 16:15 (ASV)
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to the whole creation.

Matthew 28:19-20 (ASV)
19 Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit:
20 teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That was something Jesus said once....He never preached that.
As though you would know! Not everything Christ did and said is recorded.

But I could quote dozens of verses to show that Christ preached the Gospel of Grace in many different ways, and actually invited sinners to come to Him. Here are a few:

Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

But you wish to see a specific wording about the Gospel, while the Lord was showing sinners that He Himself is their salvation. That is what the Hebrew name of Jesus means. Yeshua = God is salvation.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
How many time should He have said it for you to accept what He said?

I accept it, but I don't preach that as the gospel.

This is what Jesus preached as the gospel and commanded His people to preach as well.

Jesus said He was sent to preach the kingdom of God

Luke 4:43 (MontgomeryNT)
43 But he said to them. "I must preach the gospel of the kingdom of God to the other towns also; for that is what I was sent to do."

Jesus sent His disciples out to preach the kingdom of God

Luke 9:2 (WesleyNT)
2 And he sent them to preach the gospel of the kingdom, and to heal the sick. And said to them, Take nothing for your journey,

Jesus said when the kingdom of God is preached to the world the end will come.

Matthew 24:14 (ASV)
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a testimony unto all the nations; and then shall the end come.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
As though you would know! Not everything Christ did and said is recorded.

But I could quote dozens of verses to show that Christ preached the Gospel of Grace in many different ways, and actually invited sinners to come to Him. Here are a few:

Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.

The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

But you wish to see a specific wording about the Gospel, while the Lord was showing sinners that He Himself is their salvation. That is what the Hebrew name of Jesus means. Yeshua = God is salvation.

What is recording in the Bible is what's important for us to know. So if it wasn't recorded, it means it wasn't important for us to know.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
What is recording in the Bible is what's important for us to know. So if it wasn't recorded, it means it wasn't important for us to know.

shocking that no one seems to know that Jesus is the gospel/good news that born to us is a saviour - Jesus preached about Himself as our Saviour imho - twinc

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
shocking that no one seems to know that Jesus is the gospel/good news that born to us is a saviour - Jesus preached about Himself as our Saviour imho - twinc

That is not what Jesus say is The gospel. The gospel is the kingdom of God; that's what Jesus preached and said He was sent to preach. Jesus never said He was sent to preach Himself.

Luke 4:43-44 (KJV)
43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.
44 And he preached in the synagogues of Galilee.

It's the same message Jesus commanded His disciples to preach.

Luke 9:60 (KJV)
60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

Even the apostle Paul preached the kingdom of God

Acts 20:25 (NASB77)
25 "And now, behold, I know that all of you, among whom I went about preaching the kingdom, will see my face no more.

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in the whole world for a testimony unto all the nations; and then shall the end come.

Paul put a curse on anyone who preach a different gospel.

Galatians 1:8 (KJV)
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

twinc

Apr 3, 2011
Faith
Country
United Kingdom
That is not what Jesus say is The gospel. The gospel is the kingdom of God; that's what Jesus preached and said He was sent to preach. Jesus never said He was sent to preach Himself.

Luke 4:43-44 (KJV)
43 And he said unto them, I must preach the kingdom of God to other cities also: for therefore am I sent.
44 And he preached in the synagogues of Galilee.

It's the same message Jesus commanded His disciples to preach.

Luke 9:60 (KJV)
60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

Even the apostle Paul preached the kingdom of God

Acts 20:25 (NASB77)
25 "And now, behold, I know that all of you, among whom I went about preaching the kingdom, will see my face no more.

Paul put a curse on anyone who preach a different gospel.

Galatians 1:8 (KJV)
8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

it is as He says 'I have come not to judge the world but to save it' for I am the way etc - there is no other or better news than this imho - twinc