What gospel did Jesus preached?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
I dont think you can separate the two. Without a penitent heart one cannot receive or understand the things that Jesus teaches about the Kingdom.

Thus the baptism of John , prepares those to hear and respond to Jesus' message... And responding to that message means following HIM. he is the gate to the kingdom, there is no other way..
As to your question about Christians still sharing this message... I cant answer for all who call themselves Christian, but the Catholic Church most certainly does..

But that's besides the point though......one must first hear the kingdom of God preached. However, John the baptist preached a message of repentance, but he didn't preach the kingdom of God. His responsibility was to prepare a path for Jesus.

As for the catholice church, I have never ever heard that church preaching the kingdom of God.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
As for the catholice church, I have never ever heard that church preaching the kingdom of God.

Then you haven't been listening...
We live that Kingdom every day!

From the catechism:

"The kingdom of God is at hand"

541 "Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying: 'The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent, and believe in the gospel.'"246 "To carry out the will of the Father Christ inaugurated the kingdom of heaven on earth."247 Now the Father's will is "to raise up men to share in his own divine life".248 He does this by gathering men around his Son Jesus Christ. This gathering is the Church, "on earth the seed and beginning of that kingdoms".249

542 Christ stands at the heart of this gathering of men into the "family of God". By his word, through signs that manifest the reign of God, and by sending out his disciples, Jesus calls all people to come together around him. But above all in the great Paschal mystery - his death on the cross and his Resurrection - he would accomplish the coming of his kingdom. "and I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself." Into this union with Christ all men are called.250

The proclamation of the kingdom of God

543 Everyone is called to enter the kingdom. First announced to the children of Israel, this messianic kingdom is intended to accept men of all nations.251 To enter it, one must first accept Jesus' word:

The word of the Lord is compared to a seed which is sown in a field; those who hear it with faith and are numbered among the little flock of Christ have truly received the kingdom. Then, by its own power, the seed sprouts and grows until the harvest.252

544 The kingdom belongs to the poor and lowly, which means those who have accepted it with humble hearts. Jesus is sent to "preach good news to the poor";253 he declares them blessed, for "theirs is the kingdom of heaven."254 To them - the "little ones" the Father is pleased to reveal what remains hidden from the wise and the learned.255 Jesus shares the life of the poor, from the cradle to the cross; he experiences hunger, thirst and privation.256 Jesus identifies himself with the poor of every kind and makes active love toward them the condition for entering his kingdom.257

545 Jesus invites sinners to the table of the kingdom: "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners."258 He invites them to that conversion without which one cannot enter the kingdom, but shows them in word and deed his Father's boundless mercy for them and the vast "joy in heaven over one sinner who repents".259 The supreme proof of his love will be the sacrifice of his own life "for the forgiveness of sins".260

546 Jesus' invitation to enter his kingdom comes in the form of parables, a characteristic feature of his teaching.261 Through his parables he invites people to the feast of the kingdom, but he also asks for a radical choice: to gain the kingdom, one must give everything.262 Words are not enough, deeds are required.263 The parables are like mirrors for man: will he be hard soil or good earth for the word?264 What use has he made of the talents he has received?265 Jesus and the presence of the kingdom in this world are secretly at the heart of the parables. One must enter the kingdom, that is, become a disciple of Christ, in order to "know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven".266 For those who stay "outside", everything remains enigmatic.267

Peace!

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
No it was not missing anything important. It explains when the Salvation gospel can be first found. It would seem that you have a particular outcome that you want to exploit.

Now with regards to what you claimed in your response, "This will not happen until a hundred years after the end of the thousand year rule of Jesus and the saints." , sadly that is an assumption on your part that has no scriptural support.

I would humbly suggest that the number of years in an age, i.e. the Millennium Age, is no longer, than 1,030 years, which means that the little while period, is shorter than 30 years.

I was able to determine the length of an age fairly accurately, i.e. probably within one or two years of its actual length, by reading the bible starting from Genesis 1:1 and reading to the end of the book. The actual number of "solar years" that can be determined in an age in all probability can be counted on our fingers and thumbs with good dexterity.

Sorry I am being as crazy as you in my claim.

First thing: the gospel that Jesus preached is not called the gospel of salvation. It's called the gospel of the kingdom of God.

Mark 1:14 (KJV)
14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,

Second thing: what I said is not an assumption....it's written in the Bible. I'm not going to get into all the other things you meantioned, because they are not important. But my question now is, why arn't christians preaching the kingdom of God?

Reactions: Helen

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Then you haven't been listening...
We live that Kingdom every day!

From the catechism:

"The kingdom of God is at hand"

541 "Now after John was arrested, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of God, and saying: 'The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent, and believe in the gospel.'"246 "To carry out the will of the Father Christ inaugurated the kingdom of heaven on earth."247 Now the Father's will is "to raise up men to share in his own divine life".248 He does this by gathering men around his Son Jesus Christ. This gathering is the Church, "on earth the seed and beginning of that kingdoms".249

542 Christ stands at the heart of this gathering of men into the "family of God". By his word, through signs that manifest the reign of God, and by sending out his disciples, Jesus calls all people to come together around him. But above all in the great Paschal mystery - his death on the cross and his Resurrection - he would accomplish the coming of his kingdom. "and I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself." Into this union with Christ all men are called.250

The proclamation of the kingdom of God

543 Everyone is called to enter the kingdom. First announced to the children of Israel, this messianic kingdom is intended to accept men of all nations.251 To enter it, one must first accept Jesus' word:

The word of the Lord is compared to a seed which is sown in a field; those who hear it with faith and are numbered among the little flock of Christ have truly received the kingdom. Then, by its own power, the seed sprouts and grows until the harvest.252

544 The kingdom belongs to the poor and lowly, which means those who have accepted it with humble hearts. Jesus is sent to "preach good news to the poor";253 he declares them blessed, for "theirs is the kingdom of heaven."254 To them - the "little ones" the Father is pleased to reveal what remains hidden from the wise and the learned.255 Jesus shares the life of the poor, from the cradle to the cross; he experiences hunger, thirst and privation.256 Jesus identifies himself with the poor of every kind and makes active love toward them the condition for entering his kingdom.257

545 Jesus invites sinners to the table of the kingdom: "I came not to call the righteous, but sinners."258 He invites them to that conversion without which one cannot enter the kingdom, but shows them in word and deed his Father's boundless mercy for them and the vast "joy in heaven over one sinner who repents".259 The supreme proof of his love will be the sacrifice of his own life "for the forgiveness of sins".260

546 Jesus' invitation to enter his kingdom comes in the form of parables, a characteristic feature of his teaching.261 Through his parables he invites people to the feast of the kingdom, but he also asks for a radical choice: to gain the kingdom, one must give everything.262 Words are not enough, deeds are required.263 The parables are like mirrors for man: will he be hard soil or good earth for the word?264 What use has he made of the talents he has received?265 Jesus and the presence of the kingdom in this world are secretly at the heart of the parables. One must enter the kingdom, that is, become a disciple of Christ, in order to "know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven".266 For those who stay "outside", everything remains enigmatic.267

Peace!

That's not preaching the kingdom of God......that's just surperficial. It doesn't get into the indivdual's purpose, which is what the kingdom of God is about.

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Matthew 15: 22-28
22- describes, that His disciples came to Him, saying that there was a woman crying out, have mercy, for my daughter is demon-possessed!
23- states that He would not even answer her.
24- Jesus explains that He was not sent except to the lost sheep of Israel.
25-She came and Worshiped Him, and Pleaded for Help!
26- He answered and said! It is not good to take the children's bread and cast it to the little dog's.
27 She expresses that even the dogs eat of the crumbs that fall from their Masters table'
28- Jesus Admonishes Her for her great Faith, and her daughter is healed'

It is true that the Hebrew people looked at Gentile's as little dog's, Kinda like here they are running around at our feet, pesky, they were not of the Covenant, But I do not believe Jesus was being prejudice, Just sticking to the Mission. He did have Mercy because of her Faith!!!!!

Good point, but it does not change the fact that Jesus called Gentiles dogs. I get the cliche Jesus was using or whatever people want to call it to try to explain it away. Gentiles trying to fit into the plan of God for Isreal as a message I just don't see it. We are not a Covenant people, we are a people that has been born again. That in general is a different message.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's not preaching the kingdom of God......that's just surperficial. It doesn't get into the indivdual's purpose, which is what the kingdom of God is about.

Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about with regards to the Catholic church. Did you need me to post the whole Cathechism?
Here it is : Catechism of the Catholic Church

Peace!

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Good point, but it does not change the fact that Jesus called Gentiles dogs. I get the cliche Jesus was using or whatever people want to call it to try to explain it away. Gentiles trying to fit into the plan of God for Isreal as a message I just don't see it. We are not a Covenant people, we are a people that has been born again. That in general is a different message.

Then you need to study the Old Testament. There's prophecies about the Gentiles becoming the people of God.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about with regards to the Catholic church. Did you need me to post the whole Cathechism?
Here it is : http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015

Peace!

Yes, that's why I wrote what I wrote. I don't see or hear any catholic members preaching the kingdom of God. Like most churches, they just go to a building and sit there lising to someone from the pulpit preach, but they themselves don't preach it to the world the way Jesus and the apostles did.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that's why I wrote what I wrote. I don't see or hear any catholic members preaching the kingdom of God. Like most churches, they just go to a building and sit there lising to someone from the pulpit preach, but they themselves don't preach it to the world the way Jesus and the apostles did.

The only ones doing that are the Jehovah Witnesses.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

To be sure, not all who call themselves Catholic live the Faith as theyre called to do, but perhaps you havent seen it because you havent been looking..

As for what we do when we gather to celebrate the Eucharist.. Come and see..

For from the rising of the sun, even to its setting, my name is great among the nations; And everywhere they bring sacrifice to my name, and a pure offering; For great is my name among the nations, says the LORD of hosts.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
To be sure, not all who call themselves Catholic live the Faith as theyre called to do, but perhaps you havent seen it because you havent been looking..

As for what we do when we gather to celebrate the Eucharist.. Come and see..

For from the rising of the sun, even to its setting, my name is great among the nations; And everywhere they bring sacrifice to my name, and a pure offering; For great is my name among the nations, says the LORD of hosts.

Harldly anyone is preaching the kingdom of God, so if catholic members were doing it I would know. There are a lot of people in New York where I live are catholic, and I have never ever heard or seem them proclaimimg the kimgdom of God. What they proclaim more than anything is loyality to the so-called pope.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
The only ones doing that are the Jehovah Witnesses.

Yes, but in a very limited way. They don't preach that one is suposed to use their gifts to accomplish their purpose, and that their purpose is to rule with Jesus, and by using their gifts Jesus will use that to reward them with rulership. The two main indivduals that stand out in my mind, who were preaching the kingdom of God, were Herbert W. Armstrong and Myles Munroe. Both are now dead. There are others I'm sure, but those two were the most prominent.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Harldly anyone is preaching the kingdom of God, so if catholic members were doing it I would know. There are a lot of people in New York where I live are catholic, and I have never ever heard or seem them proclaimimg the kimgdom of God. What they proclaim more than anything is loyality to the so-called pope.
Your would know would you? Took me about 5 seconds on a google search to find this: Catholic Charities of New York

Reminds me of St Francis... 'preach the gospel with your lives.. If necessary , use words..'

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Your would know would you? Took me about 5 seconds on a google search to find this: Catholic Charities of New York

Reminds me of St Francis... 'preach the gospel with your lives.. If necessary , use words..'

LOL Sorry, but you make me laugh posting that link. Even athiest and non believers feed the poor and do good in their community, but they sure are not preaching the kingdom of God. We have to agree to disagree. :)

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There are none so deaf as thosewho refuse to hear...

And the Spirit and the bride say... Come!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, but in a very limited way. They don't preach that one is suposed to use their gifts to accomplish their purpose, and that their purpose is to rule with Jesus, and by using their gifts Jesus will use that to reward them with rulership. The two main indivduals that stand out in my mind, who were preaching the kingdom of God, were Herbert W. Armstrong and Myles Munroe. Both are now dead. There are others I'm sure, but those two were the most prominent.

It's my understanding that they use whatevere gifts they have in Jehovah God service in such a way that brings praise, glory and honor to him, especially in the preaching of the Klngdom of God,and that the anointed who are the ones with the heavenly calling and the ones to be kings, priests and Judges with Jesus when they finish their earthly course are the ones spearheading this preaching of God Kingdom.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
It's my understanding that they use whatevere gifts they have in Jehovah God service in such a way that brings praise, glory and honor to him, especially in the preaching of the Klngdom of God,and that the anointed who are the ones with the heavenly calling and the ones to be kings, priests and Judges with Jesus when they finish their earthly course are the ones spearheading this preaching of God Kingdom.

God's people using their gifts is the same as the reward they will recieve, exept that they will be able to do far far more than they were able to do before. By the way, one's gifts is the ministry that Jesus has given to the indivdual, and everybody was given gifts/ministry, even the unbeliever. This is why the preaching of the kingdom of God to all Nations is so important. The world needs to know that they have gifts, and those gifts are to be used to help make the world a better place. Jesus said to preach the kingdom of God, baptized those who believe and teach them. The Church is the place where believers are to be taught, and encourage in their ministry.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a simple question to which I could provide the answer to. But I would like to have a discourse about and why christians are not preaching the same message?

It is a simple question! John the baptist was the first to proclaim it, While baptizing in the wilderness. He declared,"Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand"- Matthew 3:2.
And when Our Savior began to walk out His Ministry, He declared! Matthew 4:17 " From that time Jesus began to Preach and to say, "Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand" Then 5:3 - the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven, 5:10 the persecuted, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven, 5:19 distinguishes between the least and the Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven, 5:20 how the lack of righteousness will effect one's entering the Kingdom of Heaven. Matthew has the most mention's of the Kingdom of heaven and or Kingdom of God, Our Savior is the King from Heaven, and in my opinion He lays down the rule's or the Constitution for the Kingdom of Heaven, starting with the Sermon on the Mount in the book of Matthew!

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
It is a simple question! John the baptist was the first to proclaim it, While baptizing in the wilderness. He declared,"Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand"- Matthew 3:2.
And when Our Savior began to walk out His Ministry, He declared! Matthew 4:17 " From that time Jesus began to Preach and to say, "Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand" Then 5:3 - the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven, 5:10 the persecuted, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven, 5:19 distinguishes between the least and the Greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven, 5:20 how the lack of righteousness will effect one's entering the Kingdom of Heaven. Matthew has the most mention's of the Kingdom of heaven and or Kingdom of God, Our Savior is the King from Heaven, and in my opinion He lays down the rule's or the Constitution for the Kingdom of Heaven, starting with the Sermon on the Mount in the book of Matthew!

To some degree John did, but not the way Jesus did, because John's role was to clear a way for Jesus.

Mark 1:1-3 (KJV)

1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;
2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

But my question is, why arn't christians proclamimg the kingdom of God? Why have they subsituted the proclaiming the kingdom of God for a message about Jesus?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To some degree John did, but not the way Jesus did, because John's role was to clear a way for Jesus.

Mark 1:1-3 (KJV)

1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;
2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

But my question is, why arn't christians proclamimg the kingdom of God? Why have they subsituted the proclaiming the kingdom of God for a message about Jesus?

It's possible that they don't truly believe that Jesus is King over a leteral government that will rule over earth 1