What gospel did Jesus preached?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
This is a simple question to which I could provide the answer to. But I would like to have a discourse about and why christians are not preaching the same message?

Reactions: soul man

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is a simple question to which I could provide the answer to. But I would like to have a discourse about and why christians are not preaching the same message?

Jesus simply taught about the Salvation Gospel and no other. It was a covenant that was ancient from the time of Adam's creation and Christ's first advent was also when this covenant's redemption process was updated/modified/made like new again/refreshed.

Reactions: Truth

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Jesus simply taught about the Salvation Gospel and no other. It was a covenant that was ancient from the time of Adam's creation and Christ's first advent was also when this covenant's redemption process was updated/modified/made like new again/refreshed.

Can you provide scriptures to back that up? What do you mean by salvation gospel?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Didn't he preach the gospel (good news) about the kingdom? This Kingdom is basically a government that God has made his Only Begotten Son King of. It is a government which God through his only Begotten Son who He has made King of this government destroy the works of Satan.
The reason I think most people don't preach about this Kingdom is they meaning most people believe it to be a rulership in the hearts of men.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
Didn't he preach the gospel (good news) about the kingdom? This Kingdom is basically a government that God has made his Only Begotten Son King of. It is a government which God through his only Begotten Son who He has made King of this government destroy the works of Satan.
The reason I think most people don't preach about this Kingdom is they meaning most people believe it to be a rulership in the hearts of men.

Of all those that I have ever talked to in years passed, you are one of the very very few who seem to know what the gospel is. Pretty much everybody else thinks the gospel is about Jesus' sacrifice or about telling people about Jesus. However, Jesus will not be the only king in the kingdom of God.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of all those that I have ever talked to in years passed, you are one of the very very few who seem to know what the gospel is. Pretty much everybody else thinks the gospel is about Jesus' sacrifice or about telling people about Jesus. However, Jesus will not be the only king in the kingdom of God.

I believe that those who are bought from mankind, and get a resurrection like Jesus, will be Kings priests and Judges with him in that Kingdom. They are the ones who will rule over Earth during the thousand year reign and beyond.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
I believe that those who are bought from mankind, and get a resurrection like Jesus, will be Kings priests and Judges with him in that Kingdom. They are the ones who will rule over Earth during the thousand year reign and beyond.

That's correct, but it would be nice to back it up with some scriptures. Why? Because some because many christians are sadly ignorant of the scriptures.....the church they attend tend to cherry pick and twist scrptures to support what they believe.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's correct, but it would be nice to back it up with some scriptures. Why? Because some because many christians are sadly ignorant of the scriptures.....the church they attend tend to cherry pick and twist scrptures to support what they believe.

Sorry, I'll try to do better

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, how do you handle Jesus calling you a Dog, as a Gentile. Did the cross resolve this problem?

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
How about Matthew 13:52

Thanks. However, it's missing an important part.....the part that comes before starting in verse 47 to 52.

Matthew 13:47-52 (KJV)
47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
51 Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.
52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

In Mathew 13:47-52 Jesus is saying that not everybody who hear the kingdom of God preach is worthy of being in the kingdom of God.....so in the parable those who were not, were cast back out. The only reason they would be cast out into the lake of fire is because they didn't take their calling seriously. This will not happen until a hundred years after the end of the thousand year rule of Jesus and the saints.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Out of curiosity, how do you handle Jesus calling you a Dog, as a Gentile. Did the cross resolve this problem?

I would be quite happy as Jesus' dog living off the scraps that fall from His table,
But, Alleluia!, in His mercy, He has invited us gentiles into His union with His bride.
Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

Reactions: Andre and FHII

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
I would be quite happy as Jesus' dog living off the scraps that fall from His table,
But, Alleluia!, in His mercy, He has invited us gentiles into His union with His bride.
Christ IS risen!
Alleluia!

Gentiles was always included and was not an after thought though. Able,Noah, Abraham and Job for example were all Gentles and were regarded as rightious. The only reason God chose Israel as His people, was because of the promise He made to their fathers, because of their obedince. A scripture in the Bible say that God is no respector of persons. It's the same hope that seem to have been extended to Gentiles, was the same thing that was set before Adam and Eve. God's plan didn't change because they sinned.

But anyway, that's a side issue. What I'm interested in is the topic. Do you know what what gospel did Jesus preached, and do you believe that christians are preaching the same message?

Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Gospel that Jesus proclaimed was repent, the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand...

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
The Gospel that Jesus proclaimed was repent, the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand...

The repent part was a call after one hears the kingdom of God preach. In other words, repentance was not the gospel, but a person's response after they heard the kingdom of God preached. That's why Jesus said, Repent and believe the gospel. Now, why do you think christians are not preaching the kingdom of God?

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I dont think you can separate the two. Without a penitent heart one cannot receive or understand the things that Jesus teaches about the Kingdom.

Thus the baptism of John , prepares those to hear and respond to Jesus' message... And responding to that message means following HIM. he is the gate to the kingdom, there is no other way..
As to your question about Christians still sharing this message... I cant answer for all who call themselves Christian, but the Catholic Church most certainly does..

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Thanks. However, it's missing an important part.....the part that comes before starting in verse 47 to 52.

Matthew 13:47-52 (KJV)
47 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind:
48 Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away.
49 So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
50 And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.
51 Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord.
52 Then said he unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old.

In Mathew 13:47-52 Jesus is saying that not everybody who hear the kingdom of God preach is worthy of being in the kingdom of God.....so in the parable those who were not, were cast back out. The only reason they would be cast out into the lake of fire is because they didn't take their calling seriously. This will not happen until a hundred years after the end of the thousand year rule of Jesus and the saints.

No it was not missing anything important. It explains when the Salvation gospel can be first found. It would seem that you have a particular outcome that you want to exploit.

Now with regards to what you claimed in your response, "This will not happen until a hundred years after the end of the thousand year rule of Jesus and the saints." , sadly that is an assumption on your part that has no scriptural support.

I would humbly suggest that the number of years in an age, i.e. the Millennium Age, is no longer, than 1,030 years, which means that the little while period, is shorter than 30 years.

I was able to determine the length of an age fairly accurately, i.e. probably within one or two years of its actual length, by reading the bible starting from Genesis 1:1 and reading to the end of the book. The actual number of "solar years" that can be determined in an age in all probability can be counted on our fingers and thumbs with good dexterity.

Sorry I am being as crazy as you in my claim.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Matthew 15: 22-28
22- describes, that His disciples came to Him, saying that there was a woman crying out, have mercy, for my daughter is demon-possessed!
23- states that He would not even answer her.
24- Jesus explains that He was not sent except to the lost sheep of Israel.
25-She came and Worshiped Him, and Pleaded for Help!
26- He answered and said! It is not good to take the children's bread and cast it to the little dog's.
27 She expresses that even the dogs eat of the crumbs that fall from their Masters table'
28- Jesus Admonishes Her for her great Faith, and her daughter is healed'

It is true that the Hebrew people looked at Gentile's as little dog's, Kinda like here they are running around at our feet, pesky, they were not of the Covenant, But I do not believe Jesus was being prejudice, Just sticking to the Mission. He did have Mercy because of her Faith!!!!!

Reactions: soul man