What gospel did Jesus preached?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To some degree John did, but not the way Jesus did, because John's role was to clear a way for Jesus.

Mark 1:1-3 (KJV)

1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;
2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

But my question is, why arn't christians proclamimg the kingdom of God? Why have they subsituted the proclaiming the kingdom of God for a message about Jesus?

It's possible that most people today don't believe in a leteral government that Jesus is King of that will rule over the earth, but instead believe Jesus rulership will happen some other way.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's possible that most people today don't believe in a leteral government that Jesus is King of that will rule over the earth, but instead believe Jesus rulership will happen some other way.
Jesus currently rules over government as King, this present Earth will be dissolved by the Lords fire at his return, Jesus will never walk upon this earth again.

When Jesus returns, it will be in fire and "Final Judgment", dissolvong this earth by his fire, 2 Peter 3:10, Malachi 3:2, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8, Luke 17:29-30, Nahum 1:5

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To some degree John did, but not the way Jesus did, because John's role was to clear a way for Jesus.

Mark 1:1-3 (KJV)

1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;
2 As it is written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.
3 The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.

But my question is, why arn't christians proclamimg the kingdom of God? Why have they subsituted the proclaiming the kingdom of God for a message about Jesus?

1700 years of BS added to the Gospel First delivered to the 12 + Disciples! little baby Jesus stories, celebrating His birth, and keeping Istar, with egg laying rabbits, and sunrise services, So what they teach is!!! All you have to do is Love Jesus, and your in brother, you are going to Heaven.
I believe that if your going to proclaim the KINGDOM OF GOD, then establish with it the Constitution of and for the Kingdom, Jesus did!!! starting in Matthew 5! God gave a Prophecy about, raising up from among the tribe's of Israel, A Prophet, Like God, and then repeats the same about raising up a Prophet like Moses, and GOD SAID this prophet you must Shama, Hear and Obey, if you do not! then God will make diligent inquiry of those that do not. I do not hold to modern church teaching's.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus currently rules over government as King, this present Earth will be dissolved by the Lords fire at his return, Jesus will never walk upon this earth again.

When Jesus returns, it will be in fire and "Final Judgment", dissolvong this earth by his fire, 2 Peter 3:10, Malachi 3:2, 2 Thessalonians 1:7-8, Luke 17:29-30, Nahum 1:5

I disagree with what you said here. It's true that Jesus is The King of the Kingdom which means Jesus is the Ruler of this planet Earth, but I believe the nation's (governments) on the Planet, Satan is God of the nations and therefore God of the wicked world these Nations make up.( 2 Cor.4:4; John 12:31; John 14:30;1 John 5:19; Luke 4:5-7)

I agree that Jesus will never again set foot on this planet, but not because of the leteral interpretation of the scriptures you give concerning Jesus Return. I believe the interpretation you give for 2 Peter 3:10 is out of context, so I will not agree with it. Luke 17: 29,30 must agree with other scripture, meaning it can't contradict 2 Peter 3:10, which as I said I believe you have taken out of context. I don't believe 2 Peter 3 should be taken leterally, because I don't believe the context of the chapter allows it.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
1700 years of BS added to the Gospel First delivered to the 12 + Disciples! little baby Jesus stories, celebrating His birth, and keeping Istar, with egg laying rabbits, and sunrise services, So what they teach is!!! All you have to do is Love Jesus, and your in brother, you are going to Heaven.
I believe that if your going to proclaim the KINGDOM OF GOD, then establish with it the Constitution of and for the Kingdom, Jesus did!!! starting in Matthew 5! God gave a Prophecy about, raising up from among the tribe's of Israel, A Prophet, Like God, and then repeats the same about raising up a Prophet like Moses, and GOD SAID this prophet you must Shama, Hear and Obey, if you do not! then God will make diligent inquiry of those that do not. I do not hold to modern church teaching's.

Jesus warned/prophesied that many false prophets would come and deceive many. It didn't took long for that to happen and it has continued down to this day.

The belief that Jesus will come back and take believers to Heaven came about as a result of what Emperor Nero to them. So after the dust was settled so-to-speak, because they feared that it could happen again, they change their belief to to please unbelievers. This was an article that I had read online years ago. Before that, all believers believed that when Jesus returned He was going to rule as king over the Earth and they would rule with Him.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City

That's part of the deception. What pretty much no christian realize is that before Jesus left for Heaven, He set up the kingdom of God on the Earth and gave His original disciples authority(by extension include those who believed them) to preach the kingdom of God, baptize those who believe and teach them to obey all the things He commanded them.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
It's possible that they don't truly believe that Jesus is King over a leteral government that will rule over earth 1

That is possible....they spiritualize much of the things in the Bible that are literal. This is what satan wants people to believe, because he knows that if they truly understand that Jesus is a literal king of a literal government, and that He is coming back to rule, the end of satan's days would be just around the corner.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus warned/prophesied that many false prophets would come and deceive many. It didn't took long for that to happen and it has continued down to this day.

The belief that Jesus will come back and take believers to Heaven came about as a result of what Emperor Nero to them. So after the dust was settled so-to-speak, because they feared that it could happen again, they change their belief to to please unbelievers. This was an article that I had read online years ago. Before that, all believers believed that when Jesus returned He was going to rule as king over the Earth and they would rule with Him.

He hasn't been wrong yet!!

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree with what you said here. It's true that Jesus is The King of the Kingdom which means Jesus is the Ruler of this planet Earth, but I believe the nation's (governments) on the Planet, Satan is God of the nations and therefore God of the wicked world these Nations make up.( 2 Cor.4:4; John 12:31; John 14:30;1 John 5:19; Luke 4:5-7)

I agree that Jesus will never again set foot on this planet, but not because of the leteral interpretation of the scriptures you give concerning Jesus Return. I believe the interpretation you give for 2 Peter 3:10 is out of context, so I will not agree with it. Luke 17: 29,30 must agree with other scripture, meaning it can't contradict 2 Peter 3:10, which as I said I believe you have taken out of context. I don't believe 2 Peter 3 should be taken leterally, because I don't believe the context of the chapter allows it.
I agree satan is the ruler of this world, and has his kingdom on earth.

I disagree that 2 Peter 3:10 is to be taken symbolically, such as the preterist interpretation would have it.

Jesus will return in fire and judgment, dissolving this existing earth by his fire, thanks for the response, see ya on the next one.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree satan is the ruler of this world, and has his kingdom on earth.

I disagree that 2 Peter 3:10 is to be taken symbolically, such as the preterist interpretation would have it.

Jesus will return in fire and judgment, dissolving this existing earth by his fire, thanks for the response, see ya on the next one.

I understand what you believe and I've heard it before, but as I said, as long as 2 Peter 3 context shows me something different than the way you interpret 2 Peter 3: 10, I choose to keep 2 Peter 3: 10 in that context.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand what you believe and I've heard it before, but as I said, as long as 2 Peter 3 context shows me something different than the way you interpret 2 Peter 3: 10, I choose to keep 2 Peter 3: 10 in that context.
The context clearly shows a "Literal Earth" that was flooded, and a "Literal Earth" that will be burned.

Please provide your interpretation without further argument?

2 Peter 3:3-13KJV
3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
6 Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
The context clearly shows a "Literal Earth" that was flooded, and a "Literal Earth" that will be burned.

3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

It's only the surface of the Earth that will be burnt up, but the planet itself will still be here......it will be renewed. There will be no need to the sea, for air, clouds. All the things that is necessary to sustain life will be removed because the glorified children of God will not need it, they will possess eternal life in a immortal physical glorified body.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are interpreting 2 Peter 3:10 to mean that the globe (planet Earth) will be destroyed. But according to what the Bible says elsewhere regarding the planet such as, Psalm 104:5 which says, "God laid the foundations of the Earth, that it should not be removed forever. At Ecclesiastes 1:4 it says,"One generation passes away, and another one comes: but the Earth abides forever. Is this a contradiction? No, The God of Truth, can't contradict himself. So let's take a look at the context of 2 Peter 3:10.

In 2 Peter 3:5,6 Peter speaks about the Flood of Noah's day and likens it, in. 2 Peter 3:7, to the coming destruction on "the day of judgement and perdition of ungodly men." What was destroyed in the Flood? 2 Peter 3:6 says " the world that then was... perished." This earthly globe didn't perish. Rather, a wicked worldly system did. And when God promised Noah, at Genesis 9:11 that never again would there " be a flood to destroy the earth," he was obviously not speaking of the planet, for it hadn't been destroyed. So " the earth" to be destroyed, according to 2 Peter 3:10, is the same kind of "earth" that was destroyed at the Flood, " not the planet Earth but a wicked society of people.
The Bible frequently uses the expression " earth" in a figurative sense, meaning human society.( Genesis 11:1; Psalm 96:1,9,13)

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are interpreting 2 Peter 3:10 to mean that the globe (planet Earth) will be destroyed. But according to what the Bible says elsewhere regarding the planet such as, Psalm 104:5 which says, "God laid the foundations of the Earth, that it should not be removed forever. At Ecclesiastes 1:4 it says,"One generation passes away, and another one comes: but the Earth abides forever. Is this a contradiction? No, The God of Truth, can't contradict himself. So let's take a look at the context of 2 Peter 3:10.

In 2 Peter 3:5,6 Peter speaks about the Flood of Noah's day and likens it, in. 2 Peter 3:7, to the coming destruction on "the day of judgement and perdition of ungodly men." What was destroyed in the Flood? 2 Peter 3:6 says " the world that then was... perished." This earthly globe didn't perish. Rather, a wicked worldly system did. And when God promised Noah, at Genesis 9:11 that never again would there " be a flood to destroy the earth," he was obviously not speaking of the planet, for it hadn't been destroyed. So " the earth" to be destroyed, according to 2 Peter 3:10, is the same kind of "earth" that was destroyed at the Flood, " not the planet Earth but a wicked society of people.
The Bible frequently uses the expression " earth" in a figurative sense, meaning human society.( Genesis 11:1; Psalm 96:1,9,13)
God clearly states "This Earth" will be "Removed" and will not rise again.

Isaiah 24:20KJV
The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

2 Peter 3:10-11KJV

The Earth will abide forever, it's called the "New Heaven And Earth", You will note John saw this present earth "Passed Away"

Revelation 21:1-2KJV
21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Jesus Christ Is Lord

In Love, Brother Truth7t7

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
God sending His Son is the heart of the gospel - if you do not believe that this should be a part of it then take it out of your Bible

While The Father sending His Son is good news, it is not The gospel. Here is what the Bible say is the gospel.

Matthew 4:23 (ASV)
23 And Jesus went about in all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of disease and all manner of sickness among the people.

Luke 4:43 (MontgomeryNT)
43 But he said to them. "I must preach the gospel of the kingdom of God to the other towns also; for that is what I was sent to do."

It's the same message Jesus commanded His disciples to preach.

Luke 9:60 (KJV)
60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.

It's not up to us to decide what the gospel is, it is God's word that we are to listen and believe.

Reactions: Truth

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
God clearly states "This Earth" will be "Removed" and will not rise again.

Isaiah 24:20KJV
The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

2 Peter 3:10-11KJV

The Earth will abide forever, it's called the "New Heaven And Earth", You will note John saw this present earth "Passed Away"

Revelation 21:1-2KJV
21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Jesus Christ Is Lord

In Love, Brother Truth7t7

Isaiah 24:20 It's referring to Earth quakes that God will use to punish the Nations.

2 Peter 3:10-11 is referring to what God will do to the surface of the Earth, but the planet itself will still exist.

Revelation 21:1-2 is referring to what the Earth will look like after the surface of the Earth has been renewed and made ready for glorified human beings. The writer, John, is describing the Earth as it looked to him, because none of the familiar things that he or we are accustom to identifying on the Earth will be there anymore.....it all will be consumed by incredible fire it will be like new.