What group does Antichrist fall into?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Antichrist is a...

• Muslim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jew

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Roman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Syrian

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • other

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
There is much debate over whether he is a Roman, Jew, Muslim, or Syrian. My opinion is he is a Syrian. I will post why tomorrow.

Retrobyter

Oct 29, 2011
Tampa Bay, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shalom, IAmAWitness.

Yeshua` was a Jew to the Jews as the King of the Jews. It would make little sense for a "beast" or a "man of sin," aka "man of lawlessness" aka "man against the Torah" to be anything other than a Jew. What would it matter for ANY Goy (Gentile) to be against the Law of Moses or the Torah? That's TYPICAL! BUT, show me a JEW who is against the Torah, and THAT is significant!

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
That's why the coming pseudo-Christ will be a surprise upon the majority that won't realize who he really is, until Christ's coming to destroy him.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
Shalom, IAmAWitness.

Yeshua` was a Jew to the Jews as the King of the Jews. It would make little sense for a "beast" or a "man of sin," aka "man of lawlessness" aka "man against the Torah" to be anything other than a Jew. What would it matter for ANY Goy (Gentile) to be against the Law of Moses or the Torah? That's TYPICAL! BUT, show me a JEW who is against the Torah, and THAT is significant!

Who, or what verse of prophecy say's that the man of sin would be a Jew or that Jews would accept the man of sin?
The man of lawlesness will come from the most lawless people in the world....The Arabs and the Muslim's!

The anti-christ is an Assyrian...

http://www.christian...an-anti-christ/

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The final Antichrist is not any more an Assyrian than this one below is...

Isa 31:4-9
4 For thus hath the LORD spoken unto me, Like as the lion and the young lion roaring on his prey, when a multitude of shepherds is called forth against him, he will not be afraid of their voice, nor abase himself for the noise of them: so shall the LORD of hosts come down to fight for mount Zion, and for the hill thereof.
5 As birds flying, so will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem; defending also he will deliver it; and passing over he will preserve it.
6 Turn ye unto him from whom the children of Israel have deeply revolted.
7 For in that day every man shall cast away his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which your own hands have made unto you for a sin.
8 Then shall the Assyrian fall with the sword, not of a mighty man; and the sword, not of a mean man, shall devour him: but he shall flee from the sword, and his young men shall be discomfited.
9 And he shall pass over to his strong hold for fear, and his princes shall be afraid of the ensign, saith the LORD, whose fire is in Zion, and his furnace in Jerusalem.
(KJV)

Ezek 31:3-9
3 Behold, the Assyrian was a cedar in Lebanon with fair branches, and with a shadowing shroud, and of an high stature; and his top was among the thick boughs.
4 The waters made him great, the deep set him up on high with her rivers running round about his plants, and sent out her little rivers unto all the trees of the field.
5 Therefore his height was exalted above all the trees of the field, and his boughs were multiplied, and his branches became long because of the multitude of waters, when he shot forth.
6 All the fowls of heaven made their nests in his boughs, and under his branches did all the beasts of the field bring forth their young, and under his shadow dwelt all great nations.
7 Thus was he fair in his greatness, in the length of his branches: for his root was by great waters.
8 The cedars in the garden of God could not hide him: the fir trees were not like his boughs, and the chestnut trees were not like his branches; nor any tree in the garden of God was like unto him in his beauty.
9 I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.
(KJV)

Isa 30:31-33
31 For through the voice of the LORD shall the Assyrian be beaten down, which smote with a rod.
32 And in every place where the grounded staff shall pass, which the LORD shall lay upon him, it shall be with tabrets and harps: and in battles of shaking will he fight with it.
33 For Tophet is ordained of old; yea, for the king it is prepared; he hath made it deep and large: the pile thereof is fire and much wood; the breath of the LORD, like a stream of brimstone, doth kindle it.
(KJV)

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Looks like I need to clarify... what the following Scriptures are about...

Isa 31:4-9
4 For thus hath the LORD spoken unto me, Like as the lion and the young lion roaring on his prey, when a multitude of shepherds is called forth against him, he will not be afraid of their voice, nor abase himself for the noise of them: so shall the LORD of hosts come down to fight for mount Zion, and for the hill thereof.
5 As birds flying, so will the LORD of hosts defend Jerusalem; defending also He will deliver it; and passing over He will preserve it.
6 Turn ye unto Him from Whom the children of Israel have deeply revolted.
7 For in that day every man shall cast away his idols of silver, and his idols of gold, which your own hands have made unto you for a sin.
8 Then shall the Assyrian fall with the sword, not of a mighty man; and the sword, not of a mean man, shall devour him: but he shall flee from the sword, and his young men shall be discomfited.
9 And he shall pass over to his strong hold for fear, and his princes shall be afraid of the ensign, saith the LORD, Whose fire is in Zion, and His furnace in Jerusalem.
(KJV)

That Scripture above is about the time of God's day of vengeance, the "day of the Lord" event. It's when Christ returns to this earth to destroy the reign of His enemies upon this earth. So the main question there is, does that Assyrian exist on that day of Christ's return? Answer: NO. Why? Because that specific "Assyrian" God mentions above was about the historical king of Assyria only as an anti-type for the final Antichrist.

"Well, what does that mean?", some might be thinking. It means God was using the historical king of Assyrian as a blueprint pattern for the endtimes Antichrist-pseudo-Christ that's coming in our times. It does not require the coming final Antichrist be an actual Islamic bloodborn from Syria. Assyrian is only a symbolic name representation for the final Antichrist. Those pushing an Islamic Antichrist figure show how they have completely... MISSED God's association of the name "Assyrian" as a symbolic reference only, and not as a literal reference. Many Jews seem to have a 'literalist' thinking problem in their minds which causes them to miss this symbolic association God uses.

Further proof of God using that "Assyrian" title as a symbolic reference only...

Ezek 31:3-9
3 Behold, the Assyrian was a cedar in Lebanon with fair branches, and with a shadowing shroud, and of an high stature; and his top was among the thick boughs.

The idea of a "cedar in Lebanon" was used earlier in Ezekiel 17 as a symbolic reference to the king of Judah Zedekiah, and the king of Babylon Nebuchadnezzar. It's also used at the end of Isaiah 10 about the historical king of Assyria, and also in Isaiah 37. It's often used as a symbol for royalty, a king. God is using that as a symbolic analogy here in Ezekiel 31, but He is also using the title of the Assyrian as a symbolic reference for someone else too, as will be discovered further down...

Ezek.31:4 The waters made him great, the deep set him up on high with her rivers running round about his plants, and sent out her little rivers unto all the trees of the field.
5 Therefore his height was exalted above all the trees of the field, and his boughs were multiplied, and his branches became long because of the multitude of waters, when he shot forth.
6 All the fowls of heaven made their nests in his boughs, and under his branches did all the beasts of the field bring forth their young, and under his shadow dwelt all great nations.
7 Thus was he fair in his greatness, in the length of his branches: for his root was by great waters.
8 The cedars in the garden of God could not hide him: the fir trees were not like his boughs, and the chestnut trees were not like his branches; nor any tree in the garden of God was like unto him in his beauty.
9 I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.
(KJV)

By the time we get those above verses there in Ezek.31, we should well know that the historical flesh king of Assyria was NEVER in God's Garden of Eden. But what adversary against God that wants to be the king was... in God's Garden of Eden? Satan was. So God begins this analogy by pointing directly to the flesh king of Assyria in v.3, but He's using that Assyrian title as a symbolic reference to Satan himself further down in Ezek.31. This is further Biblical proof that we need to be careful when we read about that title of the Assyrian in God's Word, for it's not always speaking about the flesh historical kings of Assyria, but that title used as an anti-type for Satan himself. This is kind of a way our Heavenly Father uses to see if His people are really paying attention in His Word. It's also a way to trip up those not of His people, for they won't recognize His doing this kind of symbolic reference.

Isa 30:31-33
31 For through the voice of the LORD shall the Assyrian be beaten down, which smote with a rod.
32 And in every place where the grounded staff shall pass, which the LORD shall lay upon him, it shall be with tabrets and harps: and in battles of shaking will He fight with it.
33 For Tophet is ordained of old; yea, for the king it is prepared; he hath made it deep and large: the pile thereof is fire and much wood; the breath of the LORD, like a stream of brimstone, doth kindle it.
(KJV)

God is using the title of the Assyrian again there for the one that Tophet is ordained for. Tophet was a place where child sacrifices by fire were done, it's a symbolic reference also for the future "lake of fire" event. It's associated with the Gehenna our Lord Jesus used for the hell fire destruction at the end of Rev.20. The lake of fire has been specifically prepared for the devil and his angels per our Lord Jesus (Matt.25:41). That's what this "pile thereof is fire and much wood" is about.

Did you know that the flesh historical kings of Assyria have NOT been judged and sentenced to perish in that "lake of fire" yet today? No flesh born man has been judged and sentenced yet today. Doesn't mean some won't be, only that that time of judgment reserved for Christ has not yet come. But for the Devil and his angels, that judgment and sentence has already... of old... been reserved specifically for them. So once again here at the end of Isaiah 30, we know God is actually using the title of the Assyrian as a symbolic reference for the Devil himself who wants to be GOD The King (as that was Satan's original sin against our Heavenly Father).

So in summary, what is our Heavenly Father ultimately pointing to with use of that Assyrian title applied symbolically to Satan himself, and even relating that title for the endtimes in the Isaiah 31 Scripture above???

It is simply our Heavenly Father showing us in yet another way, that Satan, the Devil himself, is going to be the final Antichrist upon this earth in the last days, and not some Islamic flesh-born man, nor any... flesh-born man. In the Rev.12:7-17 Scripture, we are specifically shown how Satan and his angels will be cast out of the heavenly down to this earth literally, in our near future. He's the one coming, and not as a flesh-born man, but 'as' God. And because he has been given great power to work as a heavenly cherub, imagine the great works and miracles he's going to do on earth in the sight of men, like the Rev.13:11-14 Scripture reveals.

dismas

Jul 10, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who, or what verse of prophecy say's that the man of sin would be a Jew or that Jews would accept the man of sin?
The man of lawlesness will come from the most lawless people in the world....The Arabs and the Muslim's!

The anti-christ is an Assyrian...

http://www.christian...an-anti-christ/

Nope. Not Bingo.

Just because the Assyrian is the oppressor doesn't mean that he is the antichrist! That is the crux of the entire matter. The antichrist is the worthless shepherd that scatters the sheep, not the wolves eating the sheep.

Why is the Assyrian oppressing Israel? Because they refuse to serve him - and God wants Israel to be under the yoke of Babylon until 70 years have passed. Jeremiah 27-29 says that God says, you shall serve Babylon (not "will", "shall" - meaning you must serve Babylon) . Israel is not serving the Assyrian because of the false prophets, Zedekiah and Ahab, who are saying that they must not serve Babylon/ the Assyrian (which is what the "pro- Islamic antichrist theory are telling people).

In a historical template of events: Zedekiah and Ahab are wicked princes of the covenant (Israel). These are the worthless shepherds. They sign a 7 year covenant with the Assyrian which allows for the creation of the 3rd temple. In the middle of the week, 3.5 years in, they break the covenant with the king of the north/ the assyrian by making a covenant with death and hell - the covenant with Egypt/ the pharoah/ king of the south - so that when the overwhelming scourge passes by, we will be saved (Isaiah 28:15). This is what makes the Assyrian angry and start to persecute the saints- this is the overwhelming scourge that could have been avoided had Israel just served Babylon/ the Assyrian.

Jeremiah 27
27 In the beginning of the reign of Zedekiah[sup][a][/sup] the son of Josiah, king of Judah, this word came to Jeremiah from the Lord. [sup]2 [/sup]Thus the Lord said to me: “Make yourself straps and yoke-bars, and put them on your neck. [sup]3 [/sup]Send word[sup][b][/sup] to the king of Edom, the king of Moab, the king of the sons of Ammon, the king of Tyre, and the king of Sidon by the hand of the envoys who have come to Jerusalem to Zedekiah king of Judah. [sup]4 [/sup]Give them this charge for their masters: ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel: This is what you shall say to your masters: [sup]5 [/sup]“It is I who by my great power and my outstretched arm have made the earth, with the men and animals that are on the earth, and I give it to whomever it seems right to me. [sup]6 [/sup]Now I have given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar, the king of Babylon, my servant, and I have given him also the beasts of the field to serve him. [sup]7 [/sup]All the nations shall serve him and his son and his grandson, until the time of his own land comes. Then many nations and great kings shall make him their slave.
[sup]8 [/sup]“‘“But if any nation or kingdom will not serve this Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and put its neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon, I will punish that nation with the sword, with famine, and with pestilence, declares the Lord, until I have consumed it by his hand. [sup]9 [/sup]So do not listen to your prophets, your diviners, your dreamers, your fortune-tellers, or your sorcerers, who are saying to you, ‘You shall not serve the king of Babylon.’ [sup]10 [/sup]For it is a lie that they are prophesying to you, with the result that you will be removed far from your land, and I will drive you out, and you will perish. [sup]11 [/sup]But any nation that will bring its neck under the yoke of the king of Babylon and serve him, I will leave on its own land, to work it and dwell there, declares the Lord.”’”
[sup]12 [/sup]To Zedekiah king of Judah I spoke in like manner: “Bring your necks under the yoke of the king of Babylon, and serve him and his people and live. [sup]13 [/sup]Why will you and your people die by the sword, by famine, and by pestilence, as the Lord has spoken concerning any nation that will not serve the king of Babylon? [sup]14 [/sup]Do not listen to the words of the prophets who are saying to you, ‘You shall not serve the king of Babylon,’ for it is a lie that they are prophesying to you. [sup]15 [/sup]I have not sent them, declares the Lord, but they are prophesying falsely in my name, with the result that I will drive you out and you will perish, you and the prophets who are prophesying to you.”
[sup]16 [/sup]Then I spoke to the priests and to all this people, saying, “Thus says the Lord: Do not listen to the words of your prophets who are prophesying to you, saying, ‘Behold, the vessels of the Lord's house will now shortly be brought back from Babylon,’ for it is a lie that they are prophesying to you. [sup]17 [/sup]Do not listen to them; serve the king of Babylon and live. Why should this city become a desolation? [sup]18 [/sup]If they are prophets, and if the word of the Lord is with them, then let them intercede with the Lord of hosts, that the vessels that are left in the house of the Lord, in the house of the king of Judah, and in Jerusalem may not go to Babylon. [sup]19 [/sup]For thus says the Lord of hosts concerning the pillars, the sea, the stands, and the rest of the vessels that are left in this city, [sup]20 [/sup]which Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon did not take away, when he took into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon Jeconiah the son of Jehoiakim, king of Judah, and all the nobles of Judah and Jerusalem— [sup]21 [/sup]thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, concerning the vessels that are left in the house of the Lord, in the house of the king of Judah, and in Jerusalem: [sup]22 [/sup]They shall be carried to Babylon and remain there until the day when I visit them, declares the Lord. Then I will bring them back and restore them to this place.”

and Jeremiah 29

[sup]10 [/sup]“For thus says the Lord: When seventy years are completed for Babylon, I will visit you, and I will fulfill to you my promise and bring you back to this place. [sup]11 [/sup]For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare[sup][b][/sup] and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. [sup]12 [/sup]Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. [sup]13 [/sup]You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. [sup]14 [/sup]I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and I will restore your fortunes and gather you from all the nations and all the places where I have driven you, declares the Lord, and I will bring you back to the place from which I sent you into exile.

[***This is where the 3rd Temple is started. 70 years after the start of Israel, 11-29-47 to 11-26-16 (70 lunar years, 25200 days), starts the gathering leading to 12-24/25-2016, Hanukah lands on Christmas. It is because of people spouting off "God says, don't serve the Assyrian/ king of Babylon" that gets people attacked/ persecuted in the timeframe between 12-21-12 and 2016.]

[sup]15 [/sup]“Because you have said, ‘The Lord has raised up prophets for us in Babylon,’ [sup]16 [/sup]thus says the Lord concerning the king who sits on the throne of David, and concerning all the people who dwell in this city, your kinsmen who did not go out with you into exile: [sup]17 [/sup]‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, behold, I am sending on them sword, famine, and pestilence, and I will make them like vile figs that are so rotten they cannot be eaten. [sup]18 [/sup]I will pursue them with sword, famine, and pestilence, and will make them a horror to all the kingdoms of the earth, to be a curse, a terror, a hissing, and a reproach among all the nations where I have driven them, [sup]19 [/sup]because they did not pay attention to my words, declares the Lord, that I persistently sent to you by my servants the prophets, but you would not listen, declares the Lord.’ [sup]20 [/sup]Hear the word of the Lord, all you exiles whom I sent away from Jerusalem to Babylon: [sup]21 [/sup]‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, concerning Ahab the son of Kolaiah and Zedekiah the son of Maaseiah, who are prophesying a lie to you in my name: Behold, I will deliver them into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, and he shall strike them down before your eyes. [sup]22 [/sup]Because of them this curse shall be used by all the exiles from Judah in Babylon: “The Lord make you like Zedekiah and Ahab, whom the king of Babylon roasted in the fire,” [sup]23 [/sup]because they have done an outrageous thing in Israel, they have committed adultery with their neighbors' wives, and they have spoken in my name lying words that I did not command them. I am the one who knows, and I am witness, declares the Lord.’”

Notice that in verse 22, Zedekiah and Ahab are thrown into the fire (just like the false prophet and the antichrist are thrown into the lake of fire Rev. 19:20).