What has Jesus done? What are some of Gods promises?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They killed the only begotten Son who was sent to them, do you remember the parable of the Farmer who rented out his land? And the Farmer sent word to get rent, and the renters killed the prophets. Then the Farmer sent his only son, to get rent, and what did they decide to do? Let us kill the Son where we can have all the land to ourselves. What do you think the Farmer of the land would do to those who did that?

Many Christians where killed in Rome by Nero the Beast Czeaser. Rome also had been destroyed by the fire which took out 2/3 or something of Rome I can not remember. Sometime when Nero had taken the throne.

Very well, I just desired to keep it mainly to the promises of God.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A promise of fulfilling the law, is for the one who loves his neighbor, for love works no Ill towards another.

“Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,” “You shall not covet,” and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭13:8-10‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A faithful worthy saying, from Paul to Timothy in his day in age.

“And the grace of our Lord was exceedingly abundant, with faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life.”
‭‭I Timothy‬ ‭1:14-16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A promise of God blessing those who patiently endure testing (things that may try ones Faith), and temptation (our own temptations).

“Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed.”
‭‭James‬ ‭1:12-14‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A promise if you give everything to God you will have peace in your life, heart and mind.

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:6-7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A promise that if one ask according to Gods will he does hear us,

“Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.”
‭‭I John‬ ‭5:14-15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Reactions: Lambano

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A request from Paul to the Colossians to devote oneself to prayer, and the praying for others.

“Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving; meanwhile praying also for us, that God would open to us a door for the word, to speak the mystery of Christ, for which I am also in chains, that I may make it manifest, as I ought to speak.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭4:2-4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An encouragement from Paul to the Saints at Rome, to continue in steadfast praying, patient during any time of temptation or struggle arises, and rejoice in hope.

“rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:12-13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From the prophet Nahum,

The Lord is a stronghold in the day of any type of trouble and he knows those who trust in him.

“The Lord is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble; And He knows those who trust in Him.”
‭‭Nahum‬ ‭1:7‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A promise that God will reward those who seek after him.

“But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭11:6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's Matthew 28:20 (b), for those of you keeping score at home.

And lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
And in . . .

Hebrews 13:5-6 KJV
5) Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
6) So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Much love!

Reactions: Lambano