What has Jesus done? What are some of Gods promises?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus has saved all people from death, sin, hell, the grave, Satan and his demons, the wrath of God (it was poured out on Israel in 70ad) (Side note: though you don’t have to accept that it is just part of my belief and faith)

To be saved to the kingdom of God one needs to accept the death, burial, and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ, it would be beneficial for them to grow and know the living God and the Son Jesus Christ which is life eternal, and they will receive the Holy Spirit.

Their life will be changed as they seek for God by faith, their old man will slowly die away as the new man inside of them grows by learning about God and what has been done for all of mankind because of Jesus and because of the Apostles going out to teach in which the gospel has reached whole world according to Paul, in Romans, and Colossians.

People who become believers God has promised to give them a new spirit, and a new heart, that God hears their prayers, that Jesus baptized in the Holy Spirit and fire, that by faith you are justified and can have peace with God in and through Christ Jesus, at the end of life you will be resurrected and be rewarded accordingly to how you lived your life, another promise newness of life by the Holy Spirit and the spirit of Christ living with in you, the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, and the like (G 5).

Spiritual growth will keep a person healthy in their faith and not wavering and doubting between if they are saved or not.

They will know for a fact by faith in being saved by grace through faith, and will be at the end of their life resurrected and going to see God to be judged.

Where we might just be presenting our case, was it Jesus who made us right with God or was it our self and what we did. That will be the only two choices in my best estimation.

The you have those who are on the outside who did not have faith and love for God or others. And the inside where those who had faith inGod and love for others.

That is what I believe by faith, people pick and choose this day who they will serve it is always ourselves or God. To have love for God first and to have love for others, or not.

Dying without faith according to revelation 22 they are placed outside the kingdom where darkness resides, but inside the all consuming fire God is there to be a shining light for all to see and the gates of the city never close anyone off, but due to no faith people are placed outside the gates.

@Hidden In Him thank you for your comment.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Promise of the voice of our prayers being heard.

“In my distress I called upon the Lord, And cried out to my God; He heard my voice from His temple, And my cry came before Him, even to His ears.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭18:6‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

In distress, be it heart break, be it your flesh having to the desire to do something mean, hateful, in turn disobeying having love for God, love for others.

A promise here is that God does hear your prayers, therefore call out to him, even in times when you are not distressed. God will be there for you, and give you comfort.‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The promise to receive the Holy Spirit and fire, by John the Baptist.

“I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭3:11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“John answered, saying to all, “I indeed baptize you with water; but One mightier than I is coming, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to loose. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭3:16‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

“I indeed baptized you with water, but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.””
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:8‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The promise of the ability to forgive others.

“bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.”
‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The promises of those who follow after Jesus shall not be snatch away; but that doesn’t mean you can not stop trusting or stop following Jesus, that choice is yours to make.

“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.”
‭‭John‬ ‭10:27-28‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Reactions: Mayflower

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The promises to know what Gods will is, that is good, pleasing, and perfect. Along with the renewing of the mind, if you choose to seek after God.

“And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭12:2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Promise that God will give you a new spirit and a new heart.

“I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.”
‭‭Ezekiel‬ ‭36:26‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A promise yet, a suggestion to pray for all people is in order for the Christian life to live a quiet, peaceful life, in dignity and godliness (devotion to God).

“Therefore I exhort first of all that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks be made for all men, for kings and all who are in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and reverence. For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.”
‭‭I Timothy‬ ‭2:1-4‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A promise that God is the savior of all men.

Please consider checking all surround context of you would like on any of these promises.

This one true to the core, especially for those who believe.

“For to this end we both labor and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of those who believe. These things command and teach.”
‭‭I Timothy‬ ‭4:10-11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A promise for those who seek for God to never be forsaken, also an encouragement to sing to the Lord.

“And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You. Sing praises to the Lord, who dwells in Zion! Declare His deeds among the people.”
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭9:10-11‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A promise from the LORD to help you in times of trouble, even doubt.

“For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’”
‭‭Isaiah‬ ‭41:13‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A promise that for all who are lead by the spirit of God are sons or daughters of God, how you are adopted calling out to the Father.

“For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.””
‭‭Romans‬ ‭8:14-15‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A promise that you are able to have peace with God being justified by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, where you can rejoice in hope because of what he has done and in the glory of God.

“Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭5:1-2‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A promise that Gods grace is sufficient enough for you in your weaknesses and failures.

“And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.”
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭12:9‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A promise of resurrection from the dead, for believers according to Jesus, their will also be resurrection for non believers.

“Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?” She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.””
‭‭John‬ ‭11:25-27‬ ‭NKJV‬‬

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He gives strength to the weary

Isaiah 40:31

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

Reactions: farouk

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus has saved all people from death, sin, hell, the grave, Satan and his demons, the wrath of God (it was poured out on Israel in 70ad) (Side note: though you don’t have to accept that it is just part of my belief and faith)

What did men in Israel do that was so much worse than men in all the rest of the world or worse than what men do today, so that He picked only them to pour out all His wrath on?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the answer is because it was some of the Jewish people who wanted Him dead, then why wasn’t Rome destroyed at the same time, because there were some Roman men involved in His death too. They actually carried out His death.