What Is Beauty?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you overweight A_R?
Wow...you are very forthright with you question. :eek:
I would have said...how do you see yourself as compared to those around you with your build?
Too tall? Too short? Too skinny? Too fat?
Notice the word Too before every adjective... expressing the self image that you are outside the norm of those around you.
Self-esteem and self-image are two very difficult things to achieve in a positive place of self-acceptance.
:)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It didn't look like it from your Halloween pics, maybe you just think you are. You looked like you were at a healthy weight.

Aww,... Thank you but right now my belly is showing underneath my shirt. I sort of just learned to laugh about it. XD

I would have said...how do you see yourself as compared to those around you with your build?
Notice the word Too before every adjective... expressing the self image that you are outside the norm of those around you.
Self-esteem and self-image are two very difficult things to achieve in a positive place of self-acceptance.

I appreciate it honey but it's okay. I know I'm fat because I love to eat LOL :D

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is my pick for this topic...

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't seen a pic of you Rose...

:(

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I haven't seen a pic of you Rose...

:(

That's because I'm uncomfortable with showing my face but I can still show you the masked Halloween one if you want me to. Anyways, it doesn't hurt so much when I call myself fat,.. it hurts more to hear it from others. :(

Reactions: Tone

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's because I'm uncomfortable with showing my face but I can still show you the masked Halloween one if you want me to. Anyways, it doesn't hurt so much when I call myself fat,.. it hurts more to hear it from others. :(

Sure.

Ummm, I like a woman with something to hold onto...I'm a cuddler.

Not that I'm directing that at you lil sis., Just in general.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure.

Ummm, I like a woman with something to hold onto...I'm a cuddler.

Not that I'm directing that at you lil sis., Just in general.

Well that's good because I'm already taken lol and this was taken last October. :)

IMG_20201011_152938 0.jpg

Reactions: Tone

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and you H2S, are you overweight?

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For about 400 years fat was beautiful....it also represented wealth...both men and women eagerly sought to achieve a very robust body.
WHEN FAT WAS IN FASHION (Published 1977)

Now you made me think of this song because it goes "I don't wanna be skinny, I prefer the bigger heart that's within me." :D

Yeah, that's a cool pic!

That dude better be appreciative...

:D

Aww gee thank you and of what?

What kind of shirt are you wearing anyways?

@April_Rose

...in the pic.?

It's a Naruto Shippuden shirt. :)

Reactions: Tone and dev553344

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now this song makes it seem like being overweight is cool. :cool:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You are just being downright rude now. What about you huh are you fat?
no matey...I'm not fat :).....and I'm not rude either :) I'm forthright as H2S has correctly said. I love forthright, it's like a cool breeze on a sweltering day.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no matey...I'm not fat :).....and I'm not rude either :) I'm forthright as H2S has correctly said. I love forthright, it's like a cool breeze on a sweltering day.

No,.. you were being rude. I can expect you asking me that because I asked for it myself when I started a topic about it but she didn't ask for it so even if you were unaware of it you were being rude to her as you don't just go asking people that. A woman especially.

Reactions: dev553344

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No,.. you were being rude. I can expect you asking me that because I asked for it myself when I started a topic about it but she didn't ask for it so even if you were unaware of it you were being rude to her as you don't just go asking people that. A woman especially.
yeah...we dance around all manner of conceptions. Direct to the large part is considered a no no and given all sorts of labels.
Hiding is the MO of the world. It wants to represent things as they are not....that's its foundation.....from the simple to the sophisticated.

The Gospel challenges this and if we don't like the challenge we invent our own version of the gospel......and end up continually at logger heads with each other.

Saying what one means and meaning what one says cuts through all the subterfuge and gets to the heart of the matter.....or do we want other than the heart of the matter?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are referring to physical beauty, let me give you some science.
With a bird.
And this is real.

I can't remember the name of it but there's a certain type of bird and the males have these funny looking things on their head. Probably looks like one of these: (Edit I'm 90% sure it's the Kingfisher.)

Rdbdebf852049445ec11d85f8877d66f8

And the female birds think "THAT IS SO HOT."

So the more the exaggerated funky little hat on the males head, the more the females fight over that particular male.

We do this as humans, only our brains/eyes have been exposed to completely unnatural and tampered with images of beauty that are just not actually beauty that God intended.

What God intended physical beauty to be is probably more on the lines of showing signs of good health for the sake of reproduction and healthy babies.

You see photoshopped images of men and women where everything is tampered with in order to make certain features look more exaggerated - like the funny bird hats - curves, eyes, makeup, lips, hair. All of that stuff. So we need to be careful of what we expose ourselves to and make sure we're not having false, unrealistic expectations of ourselves or others.

The men and women in those pictures don't look like the men and the women in those pictures.

And if you catch yourself doing that, remember the funky bird hats and remember that's all it is.

I miss older and cute-nerdy. Oh well. :(
I like a comfortable person, personally.

Last edited: