What Is Beauty?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aww gee thank you and of what?

Yw...uhhhhhh...of you...

I'll tell you what sister...you and all my other CB family...

Pray that I receive my gift to appreciate soon, because Im seeing and interacting with many beautiful females...and "I've been away for so long..." I've never been married or even in a really long term relationship, and I've been blessed with a healthy drive and an eye for beauty, but I don't want to jump the gun like I have in the past...I want a wife that makes me holy, or keeps me holy I should say.

Prayers are appreciated, thanks!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Gospel challenges this and if we don't like the challenge we invent our own version of the gospel......and end up continually at logger heads with each other.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the gospel though. It has to do with being polite and for the record Jesus wouldn't be going randomly up to people and asking if they believed that they were fat.

Reactions: DNB and dev553344

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are referring to physical beauty, let me give you some science.
With a bird.
And this is real.

I can't remember the name of it but there's a certain type of bird and the males have these funny looking things on their head. Probably looks like one of these: (Edit I'm 90% sure it's the Kingfisher.)

Rdbdebf852049445ec11d85f8877d66f8

And the female birds think "THAT IS SO HOT."

So the more the exaggerated funky little hat on the males head, the more the females fight over that particular male.

We do this as humans, only our brains/eyes have been exposed to completely unnatural and tampered with images of beauty that are just not actually beauty that God intended.

What God intended physical beauty to be is probably more on the lines of showing signs of good health for the sake of reproduction and healthy babies.

You see photoshopped images of men and women where everything is tampered with in order to make certain features look more exaggerated - like the funny bird hats - curves, eyes, makeup, lips, hair. All of that stuff. So we need to be careful of what we expose ourselves to and make sure we're not having false, unrealistic expectations of ourselves or others.

The men and women in those pictures don't like the men and the women in those pictures.

And if you catch yourself doing that, remember the funky bird hats and remember that's all it is.

I miss older and cute-nerdy. Oh well. :(
I like a comfortable person, personally.

Hmm,.. very interesting but I thought that you were taking a break? :/

Yw...uhhhhhh...of you...

I'll tell you what sister...you and all my other CB family...

Pray that I receive my gift to appreciate soon, because Im seeing and interacting with many beautiful females...and "I've been away for so long..." I've never been married or even in a really long term relationship, and I've been blessed with a healthy drive and an eye for beauty, but I don't want to jump the gun like I have in the past...I want a wife that makes me holy, or keeps me holy I should say.

Prayers are appreciated, thanks!

Oh he is and sure,.. you're in my prayers. *Hugs* :)

Reactions: Tone and DuckieLady

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you are referring to physical beauty, let me give you some science.
With a bird.
And this is real.

I can't remember the name of it but there's a certain type of bird and the males have these funny looking things on their head. Probably looks like one of these: (Edit I'm 90% sure it's the Kingfisher.)

Rdbdebf852049445ec11d85f8877d66f8

And the female birds think "THAT IS SO HOT."

So the more the exaggerated funky little hat on the males head, the more the females fight over that particular male.

We do this as humans, only our brains/eyes have been exposed to completely unnatural and tampered with images of beauty that are just not actually beauty that God intended.

What God intended physical beauty to be is probably more on the lines of showing signs of good health for the sake of reproduction and healthy babies.

You see photoshopped images of men and women where everything is tampered with in order to make certain features look more exaggerated - like the funny bird hats - curves, eyes, makeup, lips, hair. All of that stuff. So we need to be careful of what we expose ourselves to and make sure we're not having false, unrealistic expectations of ourselves or others.

The men and women in those pictures don't like the men and the women in those pictures.

And if you catch yourself doing that, remember the funky bird hats and remember that's all it is.

I miss older and cute-nerdy. Oh well. :(
I like a comfortable person, personally.
Health does not require appendages....it is its own glory. It is to health that the gospel calls us....physically, mentally, spiritually.

I love it when women don't wear paint. It speaks of courage in a world where one painter is trying to outdo the other. It makes me curious to their motivation to resist conformity.

Jesus is the epitome of health. The question is, do we see it or do we want to make him in our image?

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So,.. umm,.. you're taking a break of taking a break?

Quit pressing sister Fluffy sobrina...I couldn't quit CF without closing my account.

It's hard when there aren't many around me that I can have the caliber of convos. I did there, and here too.

It was kind of a lifeline for me as I joined soon after I paroled and was living on the street.

This is a safe place to chill...

Reactions: TLHKAJ

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quit pressing sister Fluffy sobrina...I couldn't quit CF without closing my account.

It's hard when there aren't many around me that I can have the caliber of convos. I did there, and here too.

It was kind of a lifeline for me as I joined soon after I paroled and was living on the street.

First of all my name isn't Sobrina. XD Second of all you quit CF?

Reactions: Tone

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
yeah...we dance around all manner of conceptions. Direct to the large part is considered a no no and given all sorts of labels.
Hiding is the MO of the world. It wants to represent things as they are not....that's its foundation.....from the simple to the sophisticated.

The Gospel challenges this and if we don't like the challenge we invent our own version of the gospel......and end up continually at logger heads with each other.

Saying what one means and meaning what one says cuts through all the subterfuge and gets to the heart of the matter.....or do we want other than the heart of the matter?
Knock your nonsense off, QT. Tact is tact, and diplomacy is diplomacy, don't try and excuse or glorify, your callous and misguided remark as one of being forthright and intrepid. It was neither relevant nor warranted, just basal and inappropriate.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

LOL It's okay. I should actually get going anyway, I have to clean up. Sorry @April_Rose , didn't mean to rain on your thread. Just caught my eye and reminded me of the science behind it. *hugs* Have fun! :D

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Him, of course!

That's what I thought just making sure but ignorant,.. rude,.. I think they basically mean the same thing. The point is you don't just go up to somebody and ask them if they're fat/overweight.

LOL It's okay. I should actually get going anyway, I have to clean up. Sorry @April_Rose , didn't mean to rain on your thread. Just caught my eye and reminded me of the science behind it. *hugs* Have fun! :D

It's alright, you're more than welcome anytime. :)

Reactions: dev553344 and Tone