What is Christian Blasphemy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is more than using the Lord's name in vain. To teach that Jesus is not God is blasphemy. To teach that Jesus was just a man is blasphemy. To teach that Jesus was not the savior of the world is blasphemous. Not only is it blasphemous against God the Father. It is blasphemous against the Holy Spirit also blasphemous against his Son Jesus Christ.

There will not be any blasphemy spoken in heaven.

"That at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of things in heaven, and things in the earth, and things under the earth: And that every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father" Philippian's 2:10.

Reactions: marks and Nancy

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is more than using the Lord's name in vain.

Not really. The Lord's name is based on holiness. The commandments haven't changed...the means have changed...by grace rather than by human effort.
To teach that Jesus is not God is blasphemy.

Not so. Jesus said that to speak against the Father or the Son was forgiveable. Not so the Holy Spirit.
To teach that Jesus was just a man is blasphemy.

Not so. The problem is is not by not seeing Jesus as God...but of claiming to represent Him when one is NOT doing so.
To teach that Jesus was not the savior of the world is blasphemous. Not only is it blasphemous against God the Father. It is blasphemous against the Holy Spirit also blasphemous against his Son Jesus Christ.

"That at the name of Jesus every knee will bow, of things in heaven, and things in the earth, and things under the earth: And that every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord to the glory of God the Father" Philippian's 2:10.
You have no case from the bible that supports your position.

Reactions: amadeus

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is more than using the Lord's name in vain. To teach that Jesus is not God is blasphemy. To teach that Jesus was just a man is blasphemy. To teach that Jesus was not the savior of the world is blasphemous. Not only is it blasphemous against God the Father. It is blasphemous against the Holy Spirit also blasphemous against his Son Jesus Christ.

I think of blasphemy more as an intentional disparagement of something sacred. Is that how you see it?

In our day I see a lot of blasphemous statements being made about Christ, Christianity, and Christians. We are spoken of in the most vile terms, and I would call this blasphemous or anti-religious.

There is a lot of cheap, emotional talk out there that is more a product of political pride than hate for God. It is indeed a form of hate for God, though I wouldn't call it "blasphemy of the Spirit." Paul spoke hatefully towards Christianity in his earlier days, but then came around and saw the light. He was forgiven for his blasphemous ways.

Obviously, there are people who will not repent of their blasphemy. These will never be forgiven, whether one calls it blasphemy of the Spirit or not.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not so. Jesus said that to speak against the Father or the Son was forgiveable. Not so the Holy Spirit.
I agree with everything you said, and I wanted to focus on this one.

It wasn't until John Calvin created the false doctrine against the Spirit callsed Cessationism that his followers quenched the Spirit. Jesus even said in Revelation 3:1 that they have a "name that they are alive (attracting carnal people) but they are dead."

Sardis is the age of the Reformation. However even in this age, but a couple hundred years into this age that John Wesley stood up against them with holiness. Verse 4, "But you have a few people in Sardis who have not soiled their garments; and they will walk with Me in white, for they are worthy.":pray:

Poor John Wesley! He must be rolling over in his grave to see how far Methodists have fallen into quenching the Spirit themselves to accept homosexuality, even in leadership! o_O

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Here is how to teach it , Reader.

"tho shalt not TAKE the Lord's Name, in Vain".

What is that?
How do you do that?

Its this....

A.) You fake being a Christian.

Explain....

Its like this..

Becoming a CHRISTian, is a Birth in the Spirit and a eternal marriage regarding the Lamb of God and His "Bride".

See Reader, the reason that the born again are THE Bride of Jesus THE Christ, is because when you are born again, you become "ONE with God" and Joined to Jesus, Spiritually.
= See that UNION in the Spirit?
This is a Marriage Covenant, eternal, between Christ the Lord and His Redeemed BRIDE.
See "marriage" is "flesh become one", and that is why the "church" is referred to as the "BODY of Christ". = singular.
"One Body" = One Union = One Marriage. = "One with GOD"... "IN Christ".

See that?

Your Pope and your Pastor doesn't, so now you can tell them, and then they'll know it.

Understand Reader, that Jesus is not coming back to get married to the Church... He is coming back again to TAKE His BRIDE away....
= that He has already Married, back with Him.

A.) Born again, is to be spiritually and eternally married to Jesus, as "one with God". "in Christ", as this is to become The BRIDE of Christ... = is the eternal BODY of Christ.

See it?

Now, let me break this down...even more for you.

When a person is married... then 2 become "one Flesh". And the woman..."takes the name" of the Husband.
See that?
So, to Take the Name is to legally proclaim a Marriage has occurred between them....
Well, what if it didnt and the BRIDE falsely claims that she is married to a man?
= Then she has taken his NAME, in vain. (Falsely).

So, in that sense.. when a person proclaims that they are a Christian, and they are not truly born again, then they are taking The Name of God, in VAIN, (lying) by pretending to have become the Bride of Jesus The Christ, and they are absolutely not.

Remember the "depart from me i never knew you" group?
That's THEM....
And, some of them are on this Forum, and in your Church. And if that is your Pope or Pastor or Minister, then aren't you in a "situation"..
Believe it, as it can be so.

So.....That is how a person "takes the Name" of the Lord, in = Vain. (Falsely).

And ALSO...

Most Christians believe that if you say...>"God-damn", then you have blasphemed, and used GOD'S name in Vain.
But that is silly, as "God" is not His Name, its His Deity Title.

Hello, is anybody paying attention ???

So, when someone says...>"God-damn"...... then that is actually asking God to do that, regarding the situation.

And when a person uses the Title "CHRIST" or the name of "JESUS">.... as a profanity, as you find in most Movies that are not "G" rated, then they have not blasphemed..... they have just disrespected something that is Pure and Holy.

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I heard that it was this law that stopped the Jews from uttering the divine name.....apparently some were making frivolous oaths in God's name and failing to honor them. This was indeed taking the Lord's name in vain.....completely disrespecting it, but instead of prosecuting the offenders, the Jewish Leaders took it upon themselves to cease using the divine name in their speech, saying that it was too divine to say it. That is NOT what God told them.

Exodus 3:14-15...(The Complete Jewish Bible)

"God said to Moses, "Ehyeh asher ehyeh (I will be what I will be)," and He said, "So shall you say to the children of Israel, 'Ehyeh (I will be) has sent me to you.'"ידוַיֹּ֤אמֶר אֱלֹהִים֙ אֶל־משֶׁ֔ה אֶֽהְיֶ֖ה אֲשֶׁ֣ר אֶֽהְיֶ֑ה וַיֹּ֗אמֶר כֹּ֤ה תֹאמַר֙ לִבְנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵ֔ל אֶֽהְיֶ֖ה שְׁלָחַ֥נִי אֲלֵיכֶֽם:
15 And God said further to Moses, "So shall you say to the children of Israel, 'The Lord God of your forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you.' This is My name forever, and this is how I should be mentioned in every generation.טווַיֹּ֩אמֶר֩ ע֨וֹד אֱלֹהִ֜ים אֶל־משֶׁ֗ה כֹּ֣ה תֹאמַר֘ אֶל־בְּנֵ֣י יִשְׂרָאֵל֒ יְהֹוָ֞ה אֱלֹהֵ֣י אֲבֹֽתֵיכֶ֗ם אֱלֹהֵ֨י אַבְרָהָ֜ם אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִצְחָ֛ק וֵֽאלֹהֵ֥י יַֽעֲקֹ֖ב שְׁלָחַ֣נִי אֲלֵיכֶ֑ם זֶה־שְּׁמִ֣י לְעֹלָ֔ם וְזֶ֥ה זִכְרִ֖י לְדֹ֥ר דֹּֽר:

The Jews were again being disobedient in not following through on what God told them to do through Moses.
His name was to be "mentioned in every generation'.....but it was lost by their disobedience and unfaithfulness.
"The LORD GOD" of your forefathers is "יְהֹוָ֞ה " .....YHWH...Yahweh....Jehovah in English.
So taking the Lord's name in vain means using it disrespectfully or with disregard to his majesty and sovereignty....bringing reproach on his reputation.

To teach that Jesus is not God is blasphemy.
To teach that he is God is blasphemy, if the Bible does not say so. To put any god in place of the Father is a breach of the first Commandment. (Exodus 20:3) And there is not one direct statement in all of scripture that states that this is true. Who told the church that Jesus is God? Not God, and not Christ. Both are strangely silent on the matter, and since it is presented as a foundational doctrine, there should be several direct statements about it in God's word, but all we find are ambiguous verses where a triune God is suggested into the text.

To teach that Jesus was just a man is blasphemy.
Jesus had to be born as a mortal human in order to redeem fallen humanity. If he was not a 100% mortal man, then he could not die to save us. Mere humans cannot kill an immortal God....and an immortal god cannot die for the sins of a mortal man.
If you understand the mechanics of redemption, all Jesus needed to be was the exact equivalent of Adam to balance the scales of God's justice...."an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a life for a life".
Jesus is called "the last Adam" because he had to pay for what the first Adam lost...perfect sinless life for his children.

To teach that Jesus was not the savior of the world is blasphemous.
It is speaking in opposition to God's purpose in sending his son on a difficult mission.....to offer his perfect human life to cancel the debt left by Adam. God is the Savior who "sent" the savior. The title is not exclusive to God.
Not only is it blasphemous against God the Father. It is blasphemous against the Holy Spirit also blasphemous against his Son Jesus Christ.
The only blasphemy not forgivable is that involving the holy spirit. (Matt 12:31-32)
We would think not, but don't forget that satan and his angels had free access to heaven before God threw them out. (Rev 12:7-12)
Yes....Jesus is "Lord" (in English a term of respect like "Sir") bowing the knee in respect is appropriate for "the son of God" who does ALL things "to the glory of God the Father".

There is no "God the Son" or "God the holy Spirit" ever mentioned in the Bible. As confronting as that may sound....it is true, otherwise this issue would not still be raging since it was adopted many centuries ago by an apostate church.....whose falling away from the truth of God's word was foretold by Jesus and his apostles. The "weeds"of Jesus' parable were not sown recently.