What is Christianity? What is the Gospel?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you simply hit 'quote' and 'reply' to any post [lower right hand corner of the post] you wish to comment on... that will tags the writer of that post.

To tag a person without quoting his post, simply type the person's screen name like this, @Blood Bought 1953 as part of your post to him. That also tags him.

The tags show up for you person in the upper right hand corner of a forum page above the word "alerts". A little red box appears there with a white number showing the number of alerts you have.

If you click on the word "alert" each alerted post will be displayed below the word "alert". Click on any alert that interests you and you will be taken to that post.

Once you have clicked on one alert post, the red box will be gone, but you can still access other alerted posts by clicking on the word "alerts".

If you double click on the word "alert" all of your alerts will be displayed even though there was no red box showing.

You were very kind to take the time to explain this stuff.....I have been doing these things for a long time....I just did not know it was called “ tagging”...... lol.....thanks again for going to the trouble....

Reactions: amadeus

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as it’s realized the He died for the whole world’s sins, but the whole world won’t be saved - because it takes both faith and repentance for His atonement to be applied to anyone.

Newbies need to recognize a False Gospel when it rears it’s ugly head.....Nowhere in the KJV does it say we must “ repent of sins” to be Saved, if that is what Curtis is implying in his post....I’ll give him $1000 if he can prove me wrong.....

Believing the Gospel Found In 1Cor15:1-4 is what Saves......it is what God will judge you by when you stand before Him....To Repent means to *change your mind* as far as Salvation is concerned .....If you do not Believe the Gospel and later on you *change your mind* and decide to believe it ..... you have done all of the “repenting” that you will ever need to do in order to get Saved.....

If “Repenting Of Sins” is God’s Recipe for Salvation, NOBODY Repented more strongly and sincerely that Judas......and He is burning in Hell as we speak...

Repenting of Sins is great—— on THIS side of Salvation......*IF* you are Saved. Here is what you do—- Believe the Gospel, That will get God's Spirit in you and you will “Find” yourself Repenting in the sense that you will feel regret and sorrow for sin .....it will come naturally .....it never Saved you and it does not “keep” you Saved....it’s part of God's plan to take the “ fun” out of Sinning as he Transforms you into the Image Of His Son......The New Heart that God gave you will be repulsed by sin as time goes on....You will choose to abandon it when God makes you miserable as a result of it....

The man with the Holy Spirit in him ( Without which, “you are NONE of His “ ) will Turn to God ( Repent) when he sins.....a man without that Spirit , like Judas can also “ turn” .....Judas turned to a hangman’s Noose.........Others Without God’s Spirit in them can “repent” till the cows come home—- if they have not Repented from disbelief in the Gospel to Belief in the Gospel, they are as Lost as an Eskimo in the Sahara desert.....

Repentance is Mandatory for Salvation .....you just have to know what it means in regard to Salvation.....If you are an Unbeliever, “ Change Your Mind” and Simply Believe 1Cor15:1-4......thereby becoming a Saved Believer......May God bless us all in the understanding of these things.....

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To become a Christian, one must believe in Jesus Christ. They must accept Jesus Christ into their life to be their Lord and Savior. They must repent of their sins and follow Jesus Christ and the teachings in the New Testament.

You should have stopped with that first sentence......there are MANY things we SHOULD do.....the only thing that we MUST do , according to Jesus , is to be “Born Again” ......this side of the Cross, if you wanna get “ Born Again” ( get the Holy Spirit in you, in other words ) Believe Paul's Gospel , given to him personally by Jesus Himself. Simply BELIEVE that Jesus died for your Sins and rose from the Grave .....REST in that Truth and you are Saved Forever —- it’s a Promise Of God

If you want to “ Follow Jesus” ——— do what Jesus SAID to do! Jesus said to Follow Paul as Paul followed Christ....Paul was God’s “ Chosen Vessel” to be Jesus “ Secretary” after His Ascension.....we now go to Paul for our Jesus - Ordered Doctrine......a Doctrine Of Pure Grace .....

“ Repenting Of Sins” comes about naturally in the life of anybody that has God's Spirit in them ....that Fruit of the Spirit is part of the Salvation “ Package” , so to speak —— it did not GET you Saved and it does not KEEP you Saved....Trusting in the Finished Work Of Jesus at the Cross accomplishes That......if you Believe that False Addition to the Gospel, you are “ Fallen From Grace” ......serious stuff.....read the short Book Of Galatians and you will see that I am Biblically correct.....

Yes, Believing a False Gospel is bad enough - you Fall From Grace If you do that! (There is disagreement in what “falling from Grace” entails....many think it is equivalent to Damnation ) ....Go farther than that and actually TEACH that False Gospel and according to Gal1:8 you are “ Accursed”—— damned by God! Don’t find out when it is too late that the old Hymn you sang every week in church had it right all along.....it really *IS* , “Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus” .....

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Newbies need to recognize a False Gospel when it rears it’s ugly head.....Nowhere in the KJV does it say we must “ repent of sins” to be Saved, if that is what Curtis is implying in his post....I’ll give him $1000 if he can prove me wrong.....

Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, AND BE CONVERTED, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
1. Repent
2.Be converted
3.That your sins be blotted out.

Luk 5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. (Jesus)

Luk 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. (Jesus)

(Note: and don’t claim Jesus preached the kingdom, and Paul preached the gospel. There’s only one gospel, offered first to the Jew, then to the Greek, as proved by Paul preaching the kingdom:

Act 20:25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

Thus Jesus coming to call sinners to repentance, and warning that unless we repent, we will perish, applies to both Jew and Greek/gentile.)

Paul preached repentance AND faith are needed:

Act 20:20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,

Act 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, AND ALSO to the Greeks, repentance toward God, AND faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

(Repentance and faith both needed.Repentance TO GOD, and FAITH TOWARDS JESUS, for both Jew and gentiles)

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To become a Christian, one must believe in Jesus Christ. They must accept Jesus Christ into their life to be their Lord and Savior. They must repent of their sins and follow Jesus Christ and the teachings in the New Testament.

You should have stopped with that first sentence......there are MANY things we SHOULD do.....the only thing that we MUST do , according to Jesus , is to be “Born Again” ......this side of the Cross, if you wanna get “ Born Again” ( get the Holy Spirit in you, in other words ) Believe Paul's Gospel , given to him personally by Jesus Himself. Simply BELIEVE that Jesus died for your Sins and rose from the Grave .....REST in that Truth and you are Saved Forever —- it’s a Promise Of God

If you want to “ Follow Jesus” ——— do what Jesus SAID to do! Jesus said to Follow Paul as Paul followed Christ....Paul was God’s “ Chosen Vessel” to be Jesus “ Secretary” after His Ascension.....we now go to Paul for our Jesus - Ordered Doctrine......a Doctrine Of Pure Grace .....

“ Repenting Of Sins” comes about naturally in the life of anybody that has God's Spirit in them ....that Fruit of the Spirit is part of the Salvation “ Package” , so to speak —— it did not GET you Saved and it does not KEEP you Saved....Trusting in the Finished Work Of Jesus at the Cross accomplishes That......if you Believe that False Addition to the Gospel, you are “ Fallen From Grace” ......serious stuff.....read the short Book Of Galatians and you will see that I am Biblically correct.....

Yes, Believing a False Gospel is bad enough - you Fall From Grace If you do that! (There is disagreement in what “falling from Grace” entails....many thinkmit is equivalent to Damnation ) ....Go farther than that and actually TEACH that False Gospel and according to Gal1:8 you are “ Accursed”—— damned by God! Don’t find out when it is too late that the old Hymn you sang every week in church had it right all along.....it really *IS* , “Nothing But The Blood Of Jesus” .....

You might try reading Galatians some more:

In Galatians 5, Paul lists the works of the flesh, which defines what is meant in Romans 8 about walking after the flesh, instead of after the spirit:

Gal 5:16 ThisI say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Gal 5:18 But IF ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Gal 5:19 Now the WORKS OF THE FLESH are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell YOU again, as I have also told youin time past, that they which DO such things shall NOT inherit the kingdom of God.

Paul does not teach OSAS, but instead warns many times in many scriptures, that if we as believers choose to walk after the flesh, we will die (spiritually) - but if we choose to walk after the spirit, we will have everlasting life:

And Paul warns us against being deceived about living in sin as a believer, when he wrote:

Gal 6:7 Be Not DECEIVED ; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man SOWETH, that shall he also REAP.

Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; BUT he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting

When we do occasionally sin, we must confess it, for God to forgive it. 1 John 1:9.

and 1 John is written to believers.

Calvinists and the OSAS camp are like. universalists who proof text their way into salvation for alll and ignore the many scriptures that refute them.

Reactions: Episkopos

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS?

In view of the biblical teaching that the security of the believer depends on a living relationship with Christ (John 15:6); in view of the Bible’s call to a life of holiness (Hebrews 12:14; 1 Peter 1:16); in view of the clear teaching that a man may have his part taken out of the Book of Life (Revelation 22:19); and in view of the fact that one who believes for a while can fall away (Luke 8:13); The General Council of the Assemblies of God disapproves of the unconditional security position which holds that it is impossible for a person once saved to be lost. (Bylaws, Article IX.B.1)

The Assemblies of God affirms the biblical teaching that people enter into a personal saving relationship with Christ through the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit, who draws them to repentance and faith in Christ. Jesus described this initial salvation experience as “new birth” (John 3:3–6),1 as did the apostle Peter (1 Peter 1:3). Likewise, Paul wrote, “He saved us through the washing of rebirth [palingenesias, “rebirth” or “regeneration”] and renewal by the Holy Spirit” (Titus 3:5), also using “new creation” for this transformative saving event (2 Corinthians 5:17).

At the time of the believer’s new birth, theologically designated “regeneration,” the Holy Spirit comes into them, bringing assurance of forgiveness of sins, spiritual renewal, and a personal relationship with God. “The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children” (Romans 8:16). This dynamic relationship with God by His Spirit, initiated and sustained through faith, undergirds the security of the believer.

The following biblical teachings sustain and guide the believer’s growing maturity and perseverance in their relationship with Christ.

• Salvation is available for every person (Luke 19:10; John 3:16; Romans 10:11–13; Hebrews 2:9; 2 Peter 3:9; Revelation 22:17).
  • Salvation is received and assured through faith (Romans 3:28; Galatians 2:20–21; Ephesians 2:8; Philippians 3:9; Hebrews 10:38; 1 Peter 1:5).
  • Salvation is an ongoing conflict with temptation and sin (Romans 1:32; 1 Corinthians 3:1–3, 5–8; 5:9–13; Hebrews 3:12–14; 12:1; 1 John 1:8; 3:8).
  • The believer’s salvation may be forfeited or abandoned by willfully turning away from Christ (John 17:12; 1 Timothy 4:1; 5:12, 15; Hebrews 6:4–6, 10:26–27, 38; 2 Peter 2:20; 1 John 5:16).

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 2:8-11 . . And in the same region there were some shepherds staying
out in the fields, and keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel
of The Lord suddenly stood before them, and the glory of The Lord shone
around them; and they were terribly frightened.

. . . And the angel said to them: Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you
good news of a great joy which shall be for all the people; for today in the
city of David there has been born for you a savior, who is Christ the Lord.

The Greek word for "savior" in that verse is soter (so-tare') which means: a
rescuer.

Rescuers typically help people who are in grave distress and/or imminent
danger of death and/or serious injury, and helpless to do anything about it;
e.g. Red Cross, Firemen, Emergency Medical teams, snow patrols, mountain
units, and the Coast Guard and National Guard.

Wouldn't it be awful if those agencies refused to assist desperate folk until
they first proved themselves deserving? Well lucky for everyone that those
agencies work on the basis of need rather than merit or many of us would
end up thrown back to the wolves.

I think quite a few people are under the impression that Christ is some sort
of probation officer; viz: if people "endure to the end" as they say; then he
grants them a clearance for heaven. But God forbid they should fail to
satisfy the conditions of their probation, because then they're out the door.

Probation can be likened to a sword of Damocles hanging over people's
heads by a slender thread easily broken by conduct unbecoming. How dare
the angel of Luke 2:8-11 describe his announcement as "good news of great
joy" if probation were actually what's meant by sozo instead of rescue.

On the other hand; if Christ is in the business of rescuing people from the
wrath of God in accord with the humane principles underlying normal
emergency services; then yes, I fully agree with the angel that the birth of
Christ is something to get excited about.
_

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Webers_Home

Apr 12, 2012
Oregon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus sacrificed his life for the whole world; not just part of the world, but
everybody who has ever lived, and everybody who will ever live, down to the
last born on Earth. That says quite a bit about how Jesus feels about me.

He may not like me-- at all. In point of fact Jesus just may quite despise me,
and candidly declare that I am not the kind of people with whom he cares to
associate. Nevertheless, Jesus went to the cross for me too in spite of his
disgust for me as a person.

Now, as I said-- in so many words --Jesus may not be especially fond of me,
but there's no doubt in my mind that he at least cares for me. So I played
upon his Father's sympathies back in February of 1968 when I prayed a very
selfish prayer that went something like this:

"God; I know I'm a sinner. I would like to take advantage of your son's
death."

Seeing as how Jesus gave his life for the whole world, then God couldn't
very well refuse my request; now could He.

Rom 5:6-8 . . Christ died for the impious. Very rarely will anyone die for a
righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die.
But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still
sinners, Christ died for us.
_

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Newbies need to recognize a False Gospel when it rears it’s ugly head.....Nowhere in the KJV does it say we must “ repent of sins” to be Saved, if that is what Curtis is implying in his post....I’ll give him $1000 if he can prove me wrong.....u

Believing the Gospel Found In 1Cor15:1-4 is what Saves......it is what God will judge you by when you stand before Him....To Repent means to *change your mind* as far as Salvation is concerned .....If you do not Believe the Gospel and later on you *change your mind* and decide to believe it ..... you have done all of the “repenting” that you will ever need to do in order to get Saved.....

If “Repenting Of Sins” is God’s Recipe for Salvation, NOBODY Repented more strongly and sincerely that Judas......and He is burning in Hell as we speak...

Repenting of Sins is great—— on THIS side of Salvation......*IF* you are Saved. Here is what you do—- Believe the Gospel, That will get God's Spirit in you and you will “Find” yourself Repenting in the sense that you will feel regret and sorrow for sin .....it will come naturally .....it never Saved you and it does not “keep” you Saved....it’s part of God's plan to take the “ fun” out of Sinning as he Transforms you into the Image Of His Son......The New Heart that God gave you will be repulsed by sin as time goes on....You will choose to abandon it when God makes you miserable as a result of it....

The man with the Holy Spirit in him ( Without which, “you are NONE of His “ ) will Turn to God ( Repent) when he sins.....a man without that Spirit , like Judas can also “ turn” .....Judas turned to a hangman’s Noose.........Others Without God’s Spirit in them can “repent” till the cows come home—- if they have not Repented from disbelief in the Gospel to Belief in the Gospel, they are as Lost as an Eskimo in the Sahara desert.....

Repentance is Mandatory for Salvation .....you just have to know what it means in regard to Salvation.....If you are an Unbeliever, “ Change Your Mind” and Simply Believe 1Cor15:1-4......thereby becoming a Saved Believer......May God bless us all in the understanding of these things.....

You don’t get the Holy Spirit first, nor get grace first, before salvation, but after.

Calvinism is wrong. Faith comes by hearing the word of God Romans 10:17 not by the giving of grace and regeneration first.

And faith doesn’t guarantee salvation. We must choose to repent of our sins to have them forgiven Acts 3:19, and must choose to receive Jesus OR reject faith and reject Jesus as His own elect did, John 1:11-12. The Holy Spirit is resistible. Acts 7:51.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
elieving the Gospel Found In 1Cor15:1-4 is what Saves......it is what God will judge you by when you stand before Him....To Repent means to *change your mind* as far as Salvation is concerned .....If you do not Believe the Gospel and later on you *change your mind* and decide to believe it ..... you have done all of the “repenting” that you will ever need to do in order to get Saved.....

Judas proves OSAS is bogus. Remaining on Christ is dependent on continuing to walk in the light, as He is in the light, and continue to walk after the spirit, and not after the sins of the flesh.

All those facts are what hyper-grace OSAS dogma ignores, just like universalists promote their one-sided proof texts, and ignore the many that refute them..

Learn what a conditional statement is, because Paul wrote many of them.

When a father gives the conditional statement - if you kids are good all week, I will take you to. The carnival - the antithesis (opposite) is always true - if you kids aren’t good all week I won’t take you to the carnival.

Here’s some conditional statements:

1Jn 2:24 Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. IF that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.

Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Col 1:21 And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled

Col 1:22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Col 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Albert Barnes commentary exegetes the above passage:

If ye continue in the faith - In the belief of the gospel, and in holy living. If this were done, they would be presented unblameable be fore God;if not, they would not be.The meaning is, that it will be impossible to be saved unless we continue to lead lives becoming the gospel.

Paul gives many conditional statements about having to continue in the faith, and continue to walk in the light, and continue to walk in the spirit, to remain in Christ, and gave multiple warnings to not be deceived about the fact that if we choose to go back to living sinfully, we won’t make it to heaven.

And Jesus never got your memo about repentance and salvation.

The risen Jesus warned four of seven churches in Revelation they had to repent - and warned the church at Sardis that they were DEAD - obviously not physically dead, leaving them spiritually dead, per Ephesians 2, dead in their sins - warned them to repent, told them they’d defiled their white robes (which are the righteousness of the saints - thus they’d defiled their righteousness), and told them unless they became overcomers, He will blot their names from the book of life.

Jesus never taught OSAS or that repentance wasn’t part of being saved. Jesus said He came to call SINNERS to repent, and warned that unless we repent, we PERISH. Repentance is a separate act we must do, as part of the criteria for salvation - and we must confess our sins post salvation, to be cleansed from them per 1 John 1:9.

1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

And yes, John is writing to the brethren there - but note that if you claim that’s written to the unconverted, about conversion, it still refutes your assertion that repentance is not a salvational requirement.

Either way you interpret it exposes your error.

We will not be judged just on belief in the gospel but on how we walked out our faith, including repentance when we’ve sinned.

Last edited:

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To blood bought - the gospel Paul preached:

In 1 Corinthians 15, Paul says they had heard him preach the gospel, had received it, and stand in it, and they are saved:

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved,

That’s it’s right? Done deal, their salvation forever settled, end of debate, OSAS is true.

EXCEPT.

Paul’s next words make their salvation conditional, by warning them that though they’d heard the gospel, received it, stand in it, and ARE SAVED, that they can end up believing IN VAIN, if they don’t keep in mind all that he taught them:

1Co 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, IF ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have BELIEVED IN VAIN.

What was it that Paul taught them that they had to keep in memory that he had preached to them, that can affect their salvation, and can cause their receiving the gospel, standing in it, and being saved, to be IN VAIN?

He taught them that he has to control and subjugate his flesh daily, lest after preaching to others, he himself would end up a CASTAWAY - adokimos in the Greek. - a reprobate (rejected by God as one that failed the test).

G96 (Strong)

ἀδόκιμος

adokimos

ad-ok'-ee-mos

From G1 (as a negative particle) and G1384; unapproved, that is, rejected; by implication worthless (literally or morally): - castaway, rejected, reprobate.

Total KJV occurrences: 8

1Co 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Albert Barnes exegetes the text:

“The simple idea of Paul is, that he was afraid that he should be disapproved, rejected, cast off; that it would appear, after all, that he had no religion, and would then be cast away as unfit to enter into heaven”.

By subjugation of his body, Paul refers to the flesh, the fleshly desire to sin, i e, commit works of the flesh, as seen in another of Paul’s warnings to the saints, to the brethren against being DECEIVED:

Gal 5:16 This - I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Gal 5:17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

Gal 5:19 Now the WORKS OF THE FLESH are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell YOU again, as I have also told youin time past, that they which DO such things shall NOT inherit the kingdom of God.

He also warned the brethren to examine themselves to see if they were still in the faith, or had become reprobate:

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Paul in fact gave warning after warning to the brethren, to be not deceived, about the consequences of living a lifestyle of sinning, such as being an adulterer, or drunkard, or thief, etc.

He warned the brethren that some of them were THIEVES because they’d defrauded their brethren, then warned the church against being deceived into thinking they could steal, or commit other serious sins, and still enter into the kingdom of heaven

1Co 6:8 Nay, ye do wrong, and DEFRAUD, and that your - BRETHREN.

1Co 6:9 Know yenot that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? BE NOT DECEIVED, neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1Co 6:10 Nor THIEVES (such as those who DEFRAUD the BRETHREN) nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, SHALL INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

Notice in verse 11 he states that some of the brethren used to live that way, but stopped after salvation - but we’ve already seen that some of them were ALSO living in sin by defrauding their brethren and stealing from them:

1Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

There’s no OSAS in Paul’s many warnings to the brethren and saints about living sinfully as believers.

Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh SAINTS.

Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath ANY inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Eph 5:6 Let no man DECEIVE YOU with vain words: for because of these things cometh the WRATH of God upon the childrenof disobedience.

Eph 5:7 Be not YE therefore partakers WITH them.

1Ti 3:2 A church leader must be without fault; he must have only one wife, be sober, self-controlled, and orderly; he must welcome strangers in his home; he must be able to teach;

1Ti 3:3 he must not be a drunkard or a violent man, but gentle and peaceful; he must not love money;

1Ti 3:4 he must be able to manage his own family well and make his children obey him with all respect.

1Ti 3:5 For if a man does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of the church of God?

1Ti 3:6 He must be mature in the faith, so that he will not swell up with pride and be condemned, as the Devil was.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Act 3:19 Repent ye therefore, AND BE CONVERTED, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
1. Repent
2.Be converted
3.That your sins be blotted out.

Luk 5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. (Jesus)

Luk 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish. (Jesus)

(Note: and don’t claim Jesus preached the kingdom, and Paul preached the gospel. There’s only one gospel, offered first to the Jew, then to the Greek, as proved by Paul preaching the kingdom:

Act 20:25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

Thus Jesus coming to call sinners to repentance, and warning that unless we repent, we will perish, applies to both Jew and Greek/gentile.)

Paul preached repentance AND faith are needed:

Act 20:20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,

Act 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, AND ALSO to the Greeks, repentance toward God, AND faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

(Repentance and faith both needed.Repentance TO GOD, and FAITH TOWARDS JESUS, for both Jew and gentiles)

Just as I said—- notice it does NOT say “ Repentance from SINS!”.....

The “ repentance to God” simply means TURNING TO GOD......acknowledging you are a Sinner who can not Save himself....It agrees with the Promise Of God that says, “ TURN to me ( Repent) and I will Turn to you” ......and then you do what God actually demands for Salvation—- Trust Jesus alone and His Finished Work at the Cross for your Salvation.....Make an effort to actually BELIEVE that song that you have been singing mindlessly for so many years in your “ church” —- it really is “Nothing But The Blood”......I endlessly thank my God that I don’t find myself on the wrong side of “ that” argument....The same cant be said of your ilk.....With you it’s, “ Something WITH the Blood—My Performance!”....... what a farce..Repent.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we do occasionally sin, we must confess it, for God to forgive it. 1 John 1:9.

Eph4:32..... be kind and tender hearted, Forgiving each other as God *HAS FORGIVEN* you....The Motive for Forgiveness in this Age Of Grace , this side of the Cross, is not the fear that we will be damned if we don’t forgive others.....we forgive others because if God saw fit to forgive Wretched sinners like ourselves, why should we not be eager to forgive others.....”Acting” like you forgive somebody because you fear that you “HAVE” to is a waste of time.. Rest in the Gospel and get the Holy Spirit within you and you will “ Find Yourself” forgiving others......it will come naturally ....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might try reading Galatians some more:

In Galatians 5, Paul lists the works of the flesh, which defines what is meant in Romans 8 about walking after the flesh, instead of after the spirit:

Gal 5:16 ThisI say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

Paul does not teach OSAS, but instead warns many times in many scriptures, that if we as believers choose to walk after the flesh, we will die (spiritually) - but if we choose to walk after the spirit, we will have everlasting life:

And Paul warns us against being deceived about living in sin as a believer, when he wrote:

Gal 6:7 Be Not DECEIVED ; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man SOWETH, that shall he also REAP.

Gal 6:8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; BUT he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting

and 1 John is written to believers.

Calvinists and the OSAS camp are like. universalists who proof text their way into salvation for alll and ignore the many scriptures that refute them.

Your verses from Galatians 5 are taken out of context....read the next chapter.....chapter and verse did not exist when Paul wrote this letter.......Paul is addressing Believers “ caught up in sin” and how they are to be treated.....how does this jibe with with your example ? Anybody “ caught up in sin” is violating at least one of your examples....Paul is talking about Gospel Rejectors.....He has to be, because Paul said that if you Believe His Gospel, you will be Saved......All Believers are Guilty of committing some of these sins as God Transforms us into the Image Of His Sin.....the Sins Of Gospel Believers are covered by Grace.....the Sins Of Gospel Rejectors are not...Are you going to tell me you never had an “ unclean” thought or never engaged in any type of argument ( Strife) since you got Saved ?

Look......God said that *HE* would Finish the work that He started.....the monkey is on HIS Back when it comes to Salvation.( to put it rather crudely)
If there is ANYTHING out there that we can’t do......If there is ANYTHING out there that we MUST do—- it is up to HIM to see that these things never happen....

I don’t worry about any of this stuff.....I actually Believe God will keep His Word.....He promised to “ Save me to the Uttermost” If I put my Faith in His Son.....I did my part ....I will go to my grave Trusting Him to do His part.....

God said “ Anybody that ask’s to be Saved, WILL BE Saved” .....If doing anything on Paul’s list would lead to my Damnation....God MUST see that it either does not happen or it is covered by His Grace if it does happen...

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as I said—- notice it does NOT say “ Repentance from SINS!”.....

The “ repentance to God” simply means TURNING TO GOD......acknowledging you are a Sinner who can not Save himself....It agrees with the Promise Of God that says, “ TURN to me ( Repent) and I will Turn to you” ......and then you do what God actually demands for Salvation—- Trust Jesus alone and His Finished Work at the Cross for your Salvation.....Make an effort to actually BELIEVE that song that you have been singing mindlessly for so many years in your “ church” —- it really is “Nothing But The Blood”......I endlessly thank my God that I don’t find myself on the wrong side of “ that” argument....The same cant be said of your ilk.....With you it’s, “ Something WITH the Blood—My Performance!”....... what a farce..Repent.

Metaneo means both the decision to turn completely to God and away from a sinful life AND sorrow for past sins.

Salvation comes from not just believing the gospel, you have to pray to receive Jesus as your savior, ask Him to forgive your sins.

As Albert Barnes writes about Acts 3:19:

“The word means properly to “turn; to return to a path from which one has gone astray; and then to turn away from sins, or to forsake them.” It is a word used in a general sense to denote “the whole turning to God.

The crimes of which he exhorted them to repent were those pertaining to the death of the Lord Jesus, as well as all the past sins of their lives. They were to turn from the course of wickedness in which they and the nation had been so long walking. That your sins, etc. In order that your sins may be forgiven. Sin cannot be pardoned before man repents of it. In the order of the work of grace, repentance must always precede pardon. Of course, no man can have evidence that his sin is pardoned until he repents. Compare Isa 1:16-20; Joe 2:13.

May be blotted out - May be forgiven, or pardoned. The expression “to blot out sins” occurs also in Isa 43:25; Psa 51:1, Psa 51:9; Jer 18:23; Neh 4:5; Isa 44:22. The expression “to blot out a name” is applied to expunging it from a “roll,” or “catalog,” or “list,” as of an army, etc. Exo 32:32-33; Deu 9:14; Deu 25:19; Deu 29:29, etc. The expression to “blot out sins” is taken from the practice of creditors charging their debtors, and when the debt is paid, cancelling it, or wholly removing the record”.

Jesus Himself refutes you with the parable of the unforgiving servant. In the parable the king is god, the debtor who owed the king a huge debt is us, and our sins are the debt we owe, and debtors prison represents hell.

The debtor had to specifically ask the King to forgive his debt. Then the king forgave him.

We have to ask God to forgive our sins, as well as turning from sins and towards God, for our sins to be forgiven.

Faith and repentance puts us in the covenant, and keeps us in the covenant.

If at anytime we stop believing - as Jesus clearly says some do, or torn away from God and towards sin, again, they no longer meet the criteria for salvation, nor remain in the covenant, or remain in Christ.

Hence Paul’s many warnings to the brethren to let no one deceive us that we can live a sinful lifestyle of sinning, and enter heaven.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look......God said that *HE* would Finish the work that He started.....the monkey is on HIS Back when it comes to Salvation.( to put it rather crudely)
The Greek does not say Jesus is the author and finisher of our faith, but onky says Hes the author of faith which He is, but faith alone does not get anyone saved without repentance.

Paul plainly warns the brethren that living sinfully will keep them from heaven - no matter how hard you spin it the fact remains.

He warned the brethren that some of them were THIEVES because they’d defrauded their brethren, then warned the church against being deceived into thinking they could steal, or commit other serious sins, and still enter into the kingdom of heaven

1Co 6:9 Know yenot that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? BE NOT DECEIVED, neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

1Co 6:10 Nor THIEVES (such as those who DEFRAUD the BRETHREN) nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, SHALL INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

Notice in verse 11 he states that some of the brethren used to live that way, but stopped after salvation - but we’ve already seen that some of them were ALSO living in sin by defrauding their brethren and stealing from them:

1Co 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

There’s no OSAS in Paul’s many warnings to the brethren and saints about living sinfully as believers.

Eph 5:3 But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh SAINTS.

Eph 5:4 Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.

Eph 5:5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath ANY inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

Eph 5:6 Let no man DECEIVE YOU with vain words: for because of these things cometh the WRATH of God upon the childrenof disobedience.

Its too late to deceive me, I’ve read the many warnings against letting anyone deceive me about living in sins as a Christian.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And faith doesn’t guarantee salvation. We must choose to repent of our sins to have them forgiven Acts 3:19, and must choose to receive Jesus OR reject faith and reject Jesus as His own elect did, John 1:11-12. The Holy Spirit is resistible. Acts 7:51.

Acts 3: 19 does NOT say “ repent of sins” in the KJV .....nowhere in the Bible does it say to “ repent of sins” in order to be Saved......Repent means to “ change your mind”..... it can also mean “ Turn to God”
One who is NOT a Believer in the Gospel needs to “ change his mind” about that and start believing it in order to get Saved...Instead Of falsely thinking “ repent of sins” every time you see the word “ repent” , perhaps you should try this: start thinking “ turn to God” or “ change your mind” every time you see the word .....stop adding “ of sins” when you see that word.....it’s a false addition by bad Bible Translators...If by “ repenting of Sins” you mean to “ stop sinning” before you can get Saved, that is a False, Perverted Gospel That will get you “ Accursed” if you preach it.....see Gal 1:8 .....” Accursed” is just a polite way to say you will be damned to Hell if you preach it.....Serious stuff to think about, all you Gospel Perverter out there....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don’t get the Holy Spirit first, nor get grace first, before salvation, but after.

“ Nobody comes to God lest the Spirit draw him”
The initiative for Salvation is God’s Territory.......only HE can give “ eyes to see” and “ ears to hear” ....The Bible shows by the story of “Lydia, the Seller Of Purple” how God must “ open the heart” to the reception of the Gospel.....

God sends His Spirit when and where He chooses....that Spirit “ draws” men by the Conviction Of Sin....it gives a man a Contrite Heart .....then that man “Turns to God ” ( That is the Repentance involved in Salvation— NOT giving up sin....you can’t do it ) and puts his Faith in Jesus to Save him...

You wanna see what Repentance and Salvation looks like.....check out the Story Of The Wicked Tax Collector......( Luke 18).....his heart was convicted of sin....his heart had been made contrite ....he Turned to God and simply but sincerely cried out to God—- “ Lord, have Mercy On me , a Sinner” .....Jesus said that man went home Saved....that prayer worked for the Tax Collector.....it worked for me....it will work for you....God Bless....

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Metaneo means both the decision to turn completely to God and away from a sinful life AND sorrow for past sins.

You are making this stuff up as you go along.....words REALLY DO have meanings! “Metaneo” is neither good nor bad.It simply and literally means “Mind Change” .If one is an Unbeliever they need to have a “ mind change”—- they need to CHANGE THEIR MIND about Jesus and become a Believer.....go from Damnation to Salvation, just like that.....

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To blood bought - the gospel Paul preached:

In 1 Corinthians 15, Paul says they had heard him preach the gospel, had received it, and stand in it, and they are saved:

1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved,

That’s it’s right? Done deal, their salvation forever settled, end of debate, OSAS is true.

EXCEPT.

Paul’s next words make their salvation conditional, by warning them that though they’d heard the gospel, received it, stand in it, and ARE SAVED, that they can end up believing IN VAIN, if they don’t keep in mind all that he taught them:

1Co 15:2 By which also ye are saved, IF ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have BELIEVED IN VAIN.

What was it that Paul taught them that they had to keep in memory that he had preached to them, that can affect their salvation, and can cause their receiving the gospel, standing in it, and being saved, to be IN VAIN?

He taught them that he has to control and subjugate his flesh daily, lest after preaching to others, he himself would end up a CASTAWAY - adokimos in the Greek. - a reprobate (rejected by God as one that failed the test).

G96 (Strong)

ἀδόκιμος

adokimos

ad-ok'-ee-mos

From G1 (as a negative particle) and G1384; unapproved, that is, rejected; by implication worthless (literally or morally): - castaway, rejected, reprobate.

Total KJV occurrences: 8

1Co 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Albert Barnes exegetes the text:

“The simple idea of Paul is, that he was afraid that he should be disapproved, rejected, cast off; that it would appear, after all, that he had no religion, and would then be cast away as unfit to enter into heaven”.

By subjugation of his body, Paul refers to the flesh, the fleshly desire to sin, i e, commit works of the flesh, as seen in another of Paul’s warnings to the saints, to the brethren against being DECEIVED:

Gal 5:16 This - I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

He also warned the brethren to examine themselves to see if they were still in the faith, or had become reprobate:

2Co 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Paul in fact gave warning after warning to the brethren, to be not deceived, about the consequences of living a lifestyle of sinning, such as being an adulterer, or drunkard, or thief, etc.

1Ti 3:2 A church leader must be without fault; he must have only one wife, be sober, self-controlled, and orderly; he must welcome strangers in his home; he must be able to teach;

1Ti 3:3 he must not be a drunkard or a violent man, but gentle and peaceful; he must not love money;

1Ti 3:4 he must be able to manage his own family well and make his children obey him with all respect.

1Ti 3:5 For if a man does not know how to manage his own family, how can he take care of the church of God?

1Ti 3:6 He must be mature in the faith, so that he will not swell up with pride and be condemned, as the Devil was.

You need to condense this windy post....I do not read long posts.....most others don’t either....

Reactions: amadeus