What Is Faith.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul Isaiah 48.10 is such a searching and helpful verse:

isa-48.10
Amen!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Helen Hebrews 11 is a glorious chapter, with its repeated phrase: 'By faith....by faith...by faith..."

And the point is to encourage ppl - as per 12.2, to keep 'looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith'... :)

Reactions: Heart2Soul

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yay! AMEN to that!

I’ve had , and still am, learning ….that if “light and darkness serves both alike to Him” …then light and darkness must be both alike to me! But…..I’m a slow learner .
"Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee." Psalm 139:12

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is given to all, if only mustard seed size...
"To EVERY man is given a measure of faith.." ..

When our next step is hidden from view, when our body demands all our attention because of pain. When there is no word from God and He is silent. When darkness and dryness are our only companions. When His felt-presence is totally missing....that which is left, is Faith!

Faith says - "I can't feel You or see You, I can't hear You , yet I trust yet I trust You in the darkness of the soul'...until Your light shines brightly again and I hear the still small Voice.

That to me is faith...enduring faith , solid faith.

....H

Lovely Helen, and timely...I think we can all feel this at times. It's like a plant that hasn't enough sun starts to wither until it is again placed in the sun, and springs up! We reach up to the SON :)
Good one H.
xx

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Lovely Helen, and timely...I think we can all feel this at times. It's like a plant that hasn't enough sun starts to wither until it is again placed in the sun, and springs up! We reach up to the SON :)
Good one H.
xx
@Nancy Reminds me of Malachi 4.2: "But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings..."

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good one H.
xx
I just had a real nice reminder come to me . KISS the SON and not the all inclusive golden bull . We better cling to our biblical Christ .
Cause times are only gonna get far more deceptive and real persecutions will be coming .

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Helen Hebrews 11 is a glorious chapter, with its repeated phrase: 'By faith....by faith...by faith..."

And the point is to encourage ppl - as per 12.2, to keep 'looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith'... :)
The part you are overlooking though is that Paul talks about faith that involved the kind of action that supported their belief in God's existence. Those people didn't just subscribe to the feel-good "look to Jesus" brand of faith religious people talk about today. Heb. 11 is proof that Paul and James were not at odds at all concerning the fact that living faith involves obeying God and not just believing He exists.

Reactions: Nancy

Faithbuilders

May 16, 2017
Earth
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Faith is given to all, if only mustard seed size...
"To EVERY man is given a measure of faith.." ..

When our next step is hidden from view, when our body demands all our attention because of pain. When there is no word from God and He is silent. When darkness and dryness are our only companions. When His felt-presence is totally missing....that which is left, is Faith!

Faith says - "I can't feel You or see You, I can't hear You , yet I trust yet I trust You in the darkness of the soul'...until Your light shines brightly again and I hear the still small Voice.

That to me is faith...enduring faith , solid faith.

....H

**This is a personal belief** I believe the measure of Faith that God give all people is enough to get saved.

More faith comes by hearing the Word of God, and faith grows by speaking in the Holy Ghost.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This is why faith has nothing to do with believing.
Faith by definition is believing, and believing by definition is faith. So where did you come up with this bizarre idea? Because faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Heb 11:1).

One of the best examples is that Abraham believed God for a son even when he and Sarah were incapable of having children. We know that he jumped the gun with Hagar (at the instigation of Sarah no less), but God still commended his faith: And being not weak in faith, he considered not his own body now dead, when he was about an hundred years old, neither yet the deadness of Sara's womb: He staggered not at the promise of God through unbelief; but was strong in faith, giving glory to God (Rom 4:19,20)

Ancient

Aug 6, 2021
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Another perspective that no one has shared yet. Consider the word faith, believe, faithful and faithfulness. These are the English translations of the original words. Lets look at the original words in Hebrew which are Emunah, Emun and Aman all share the same root. What do these words mean? Again English words are used such as faith, faithful, believe etc. But in the Hebrew mindset they view the world very concretely meaning most Hebrew words can be understood with the 5 senses. Most English words are abstract meaning the don't really have a concrete meaning they can mean many different things to different people, for example faith! I can ask 10 different people what faith means and more often than not get 10 different answers. This is abstract!

The words Emun, Emunah and Aman mean the following to support, trusting, firmness, steady, steadfast, fidelity, steadfastness. Look at the following verse.

NKJ Exodus 17:12 But Moses' hands became heavy; so they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it. And Aaron and Hur supported his hands, one on one side, and the other on the other side; and his hands were steady until the going down of the sun.

The English word steady in this verse is the Hebrew word Emunah. This is a concrete view of the English word faith. We see the
concrete meaning beautifully here where Moses hands were supported and held steady with the help of Aaron and Hur. Another concrete meaning of faith and belief is a stake or iron bar driven into the ground that supports lets say a tent or a tabernacle, it is steadfast, stable and firm nothing will move it from the firm ground it is driven in. This friends is faith.

Faith is to be supported and held firm by Yahweh or the people of Yahweh like in the above verse. It is to know God so closely that you are like that stake driven into the ground you are immovable, no matter what comes against you. You are like that house that is built on the ROCK and stand in the midst of the severest storm as the foundations are driven into that rock and become immovable. The contrast of course is driving your stake and foundations into the sand well you get the picture.

Friends this is just the tip of the iceberg when it come to understanding the biblical languages of our English translations.

Blessings and Shalom

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
**This is a personal belief** I believe the measure of Faith that God give all people is enough to get saved.

More faith comes by hearing the Word of God, and faith grows by speaking in the Holy Ghost.
That would be FAITH IN JESUS . cause any other faith in any other god or mindset is not the faith that will save anyone .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is believing God is love, when everything around you suggests He doesn't care whatsoever whether you live or die.
actually its BELEIVING IN JESUS CHRIST whom GOD DID SEND . That is what faith is .
I hear many religions that holler God is love , but they false .
While GOD is love , the god they follow aint . FAITH IS about BELEIVING IN JESUS CHRIST .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
actually its BELEIVING IN JESUS CHRIST whom GOD DID SEND . That is what faith is .
While GOD is love , the god they follow aint . FAITH IS about BELEIVING IN JESUS CHRIST .
This is correct. Very correct.
“And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.”
‭‭Acts‬ ‭16:31‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Reactions: amigo de christo

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.”
— 2 Corinthians 4:18 (KJV)
Hebrews 11 (KJV)
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¹ Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

⁶ But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Seems that faith is trusting in the unknown and unseen...what ignites our faith to come alive and grow is the hope in God to perform His Word as He promised..to stand on the Covenant He made with us without wavering.

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I agree. Faith is belief in Christ. Faith is also knowing what He is like. He came to portray the character of his Father. Why? Because 4000 years of misinterpretation and misunderstanding had painted God as a selfish tyrant. The last 2000 years of so called Christian ministry hasn't changed that perception. For many, both Christian and atheist alike, God is a tyrant. It isn't enough to preach Jesus. We need to portray in our daily lives what Jesus is like. How we believe God to be, that is how we will live our lives.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
What Is Faith.
When you thank the butcher for the steak and tell him you'll see the rest of the cow in heaven :)