What Is Free Will?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

EloyCraft

Mar 17, 2022
Az
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the classic arguments against election and predestination is the argument that we have free will and we all have the opportunity to come to God. But is that really true? This depends. It depends on what you mean by free will. Let’s look at what the Bible says about who will seek God.

First, let’s talk about free will. What is it? If by free will you mean every man is free to choose what he desires then, yes, I agree, there is free will. But if you mean that we have an equal choice with no influence or determiners then no, we do not have free will.

Does this align with Scripture? Yes. The proponents of free will, the humanistic definition of free will, suggest that people come to Christ on their own free will. They make this choice all by themselves. The problem is, Scripture says otherwise. Romans 3 clearly tells us that nobody seeks God.

Who Seeks God?
Freedom is an ability.
True freedom is the ability to do what ought to be done.
Jesus demonstrated perfect human freedom.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry I don't take anyone seriously who starts talking about corrupt texts in favor of the TR. It just means you are ignorant of textual criticism and how translations work. No need to discuss further with your ignorant position.

Your false inference that I'm ignorant of men's so-called 'textual criticism' is just an excuse for you to continue to push corrupt New Testament versions created by Wescott and Hort's corrupt Greek text translation.

See Bridge to Babylon documentary, which documents what they did.

Watch Bridge to Babylon | Prime Video

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your false inference that I'm ignorant of men's so-called 'textual criticism' is just an excuse for you to continue to push corrupt New Testament versions created by Wescott and Hort's corrupt Greek text translation.

See Bridge to Babylon documentary, which documents what they did.

Watch Bridge to Babylon | Prime Video
Like I said I don't take this idiotic position about corrupt texts seriously, it doesn't deserve to be considered as it has been long since debunked.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I said I don't take this idiotic position about corrupt texts seriously, it doesn't deserve to be considered as it has been long since debunked.

You should take those NT corrupt versions seriously, for what is idiotic is to give credibility to them, and take part in mockery of The Word of God. The unbelieving Jews love those corruptions to try and deface Christianity, and likewise do the Jesuits working against the Protestant Church.