What is impossible for God?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Then would it be men confusing men with their translations?
well, i doubt that it was intentional? But they also assumed an “afterlife” right, so i guess just naturally blended the vision of their heritage with it, or something?

Are men going to solve their own problem of being unable to agree what the scripture says and what it means?
hmm. To that i would say that we have a description of Gehenna, and it stays on earth whether people choose to believe that or not? Plus there is supporting Scripture for that imo. I pretty much stay agnostic there on purpose though :)
could be being used as allegory i guess…possibly

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
IT is IMPOSSIBLE for God to be decieved !

Pro.21:2
Every way of man is right in his OWN eyes: but the Lord pondereth the hearts.
Ps.94:11; Acts 15:8;

The word is full of the FACT that nothing is
hidden but that it shall be revealed. That God is all knowing, and ever present and is not constrained by time.

Ppl may fool man, fool even himself but God cannot be decieved !

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, i doubt that it was intentional?
Some people, or so it seems, really do want to be ignorant so that they don't have to concede that surrender to God is a necessity. They want their own way, but often they want that way to be also God's Way. Is this building yet another tower of Babel [confusion]?

Did they knowingly do it this way? Was it intentional? Was it premedicated? Did they sit down and plan it all out? And the answer is...?

But they also assumed an “afterlife” right, so i guess just naturally blended the vision of their heritage with it, or something?
Some people [Lots of people?], [so it seems to me], have worked out their own salvation and then stopped right there.

Do they insist that the afterlife [described as...?] is in the bag?

Php 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.
Php 2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.

Work out your own... or God works it out in you? Can it be both?

Time messes us up when we still have time left, does it not? Jesus overcame the world before he ran out of time. Can you or me or anyone else do that? While time remains to us are we able to complete our journey? Should we? Are we to stop seeking?

hmm. To that i would say that we have a description of Gehenna, and it stays on earth whether people choose to believe that or not? Plus there is supporting Scripture for that imo. I pretty much stay agnostic there on purpose though :)
could be being used as allegory i guess…possibly
Agnostic you mean on a point rather than on the whole thing? Does this relate somehow to my returning to the lowest room daily and starting out again with nothing?

Reactions: Azim and bbyrd009

Marvelloustime

Sep 15, 2020
Heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Folks stand up and defend the gospel . People here call me the heretic . YET all i do IS POINT TO JESUS as the ONLY MEANS to be saved .
A little help my friend . You can read what is getting taught . We gotta give the peoples the only HOPE for salvation one has
We must defend the true biblical gospel. It’s so simple. Believe on the biblical LORD JESUS and have eternal life with our LORD JESUS. But if you refuse to believe in Him, then after this life comes judgement and then the lake of fire, forever. There will be NO second chances after you leave this life.
Believe on the LORD JESUS CHRIST and you shall be saved.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must defend the true biblical gospel. It’s so simple. Believe on the biblical LORD JESUS and have eternal life with our LORD JESUS. But if you refuse to believe in Him, then after this life comes judgement and then the lake of fire, forever. There will be NO second chances after you leave this life.
Believe on the LORD JESUS CHRIST and you shall be saved.
Exactly sister . WE POINT TO JESUS and nothing else .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sing to the glorious King . On the day of judgment many will hear i never knew you .
Lambs point to JESUS ALONE as the only means of salvation . All else is sinking sand and winds of vanity .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Gehenna was outside Jerusalem in the valley of hinnon: it was symbolic of what would happen to Jerusalem (I believe).

Sheol though, or hell, is the covered place from God, as sin had not been atoned yet through Jesus. It was the abode where Abraham’s bosom was, and there was also a prison compartment of where all the ones who died in Noah’s age were and Jesus was said to go there while having been dead.

There was no way to get to heaven, as most is where people say they go now.

@bbyrd009