What is it that gives us Life?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
The Spirit aka the Breath of life, but also The Word is Spirit and Jesus is the Word of life that was manifested to us in the flesh. But it is also written that our blood is our life. Jesus said to eat of his body meaning The Word aka Bread of life and drink his blood aka Spirit of life.
Those who left him saying: this is hard sayings, who can eat his flesh and drink his blood had no spiritual understanding so they could not rightly divide the Word. For they could only understand the literal sayings and did not understand the spiritual Word that was being spoken to those with ears to hear what THE SPIRIT was saying to them.
Our spirit resides in our blood that is why we can some men of good blood and some of bad blood when it is really a matter of the spirit they are of that displays their bloodline. Those of the flesh are still carnally minded to produce the character of their father the devil and those led of the Spirit are spiritually minded to produce the character of their Father God. Man can say they believe, but we shall know them by their fruit which displays their true bloodline aka spirit man.
Rom 8:2-21
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh{JUST TO LOOK AT THE LAW CHANGES NO ONE, ONLY BY THE SPIRIT CAN WE LEARN HOW TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT IN GOD'S SIGHT AS THE WORD INDWELLS US}, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
5 For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace{FOR THEY HAVE OVERCOME THEIR FLESH THAT KEEPS THEM TORMENTED DUE TO CONTINUED SINFUL LIFESTYLES}.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be{ONLY BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD CAN YOU OBEY THE WORD OF GOD}.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin{WE NO LONGER DESIRE TO SIN}; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.
13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God
22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.
26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.
KJV
Rev 11:11
11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
KJV
1 John 1:1-2
1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
KJV
Prov 4:20-22
20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart.
22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.
KJV

John 6:63
63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
KJV
Lev 17:14
14 For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.
KJV
John 6:53-58
53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you.
54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55 For my flesh is meat{Meat of the Word} indeed, and my blood{drink in the Spirit} is drink indeed.
56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me {ABIDE IN THE WORD}, and I in him{AND THE WORD ABIDES IN HIM}.
57 As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.
58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
KJV

If you find that you are still held captive to your flesh to sin.... sincerely ask God to take the desire away and to create in you a new heart that is open to HIS WORD. If you really have the Spirit of God living in you, then the Spirit will not be leading you to sin against Himself. But, there is one who's spirit teaches us unclean ways of a beastly nature and it ain't The Holy Spirit of God's.

Blessings

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
You ask. What is it that gives us life?

When Adam ate from the forbidden tree, he died that day spiritually, for God had told him that he would die the day he ate. That happened because on that day he was taken out of the garden in which there was also the tree of life. Without that he had only his fleshly life, walking around but dead.

Jesus came that we might have that life back. He made a way for that to be.

Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Those that have died in the flesh, can not after that death believe. Therefore we know he is talking about mankind, though dead, are still walking around.
Joh 11:26 And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
Then Jesus says once you believe you become alive, and he who liveth and believeth shall have eternal life.

Joh 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
Here he adds a little more to how we believe, that is "as the scripture hath said".

Joh 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?
Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.
Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
Here he tells Nicodemus that he must be born again, this time Spiritually.
How do we know we have been born again? Again Jesus said "thou hearest the sound"
Act 10:45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Act 10:46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,
Act 10:47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
The Gentiles made the sound of life, Spirit, and then he commanded them to be baptized, water.
Remember Jesus had told Nicodemus that he must be born of the water and the Spirit.
Another point is that Peter said the "gift"of the Holy Ghost was poured out.

What is the 'gift' of the Holy Ghost? Eternal life.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.