The Outpouring of the Holy Spirit, is it happening?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We see the outpouring of the Holy Spirit in the last days in Gods Word:

Now with the signs we see all around us its time to bring the power of the Holy Spirit to prepare us like it did the disciples at Pentecost. As the latter rain, the Holy Spirit, falls upon us, giving us not only the truth but taking on Jesus and showing it unto us in our hearts and minds. God shows not only the time period of this event but directly points out the people of God who are involved in this work, as we see in Acts 2:16-18:

Acts 2:16-18 "but this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel:17 ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams.18 And on My servants and on My handmaidens I will pour out in those days My Spirit, and they shall prophesy."

Now lets compare what the prophet Joel said:

Joel 2:29-32 "And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. 30 And I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke. 31 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come. 32 And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call."

We have here the pouring out of the Holy Spirit to the fullness seen at Pentecost, and a revelation of the last day message to the world. What is this message and are we seeing it....

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The coming pseudo-Christ that Lord Jesus warned about in Matthew 24:24, and that Apostle Paul warned about for the end in 2 Thessalonians 2, is to work great signs, wonders, and miracles to deceive the whole world (except Christ's elect).

So HOW does one determine those working those great signs and wonders claiming it is of The Holy Spirit, vs. Satan and his host?

Brethren in Christ -- you had better... have your relationship with Jesus Christ intact instead of wanting to go miracle chasing! Revelation 13 warns us that the coming "another beast" will rain fire down from heaven to the earth in the sight of men.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
people claim healings still happen but I still gotta go to the dentists to get a tooth pulled, and my mother has to have a scan to find kidney stones in her body.

Oh... they have to have faith perhaps....

Never seen someone make a blind person see - but spiritually healings are happening today.